Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

JP is supposedly the Psycho Power user so if he’s behind the plot against him it could be harder to prove his innocence due to possibly brainwashing that we know Psycho Power users can do. His initial relationship to Ken seems benign enough from the initial  frames. They seem to be talking to someone over a monitor or hologram. 

2 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

ken_story_1.jpg

I like here too is used again the nickname "The Champ" for Ken in SF6, make me ever more convinced JP is  talking to him in his audio

On 10/31/2022 at 8:29 PM, Dragonfave723 said:

Character voice lines from World Tour mode (including JP) ***credit to Metaphantom on Discord***

JP_WorldTour_Voicelines:

4 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

Man.... You should've been in F.A.N.G's place as number 2!!!

Or a Doll (but not kidnapped obviously because 100% willing).

57 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

Story art already looks so much better than SF5

It really does (better than most story art at least because there are some solid shots). Hopefully it remains this consistent across characters.

One thing to note is that this story art possibly confirms that there will be story art for more than classic Arcade Endings. The art depicted here could easily be part of Ken's prologue. So we can look forward to plenty of artworks for each character.

Edited by Daemos
3 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Or a Doll (but not kidnapped obviously because 100% willing).

It really does (better than most story art at least because there are some solid shots). Hopefully it remains this consistent across characters.

One thing to note is that this story art possibly confirms that there will be story art for more than classic Arcade Endings. The art depicted here could easily be part of Ken's prologue. So we can look forward to plenty of artworks for each character.

We can only hope. Capcom seems to very much be treating this like a FULL LEGIT game as compared to their half-assed handling of the SFV debacle.

13 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

What if JP is like this game's Callisto and essentially gives every character in the roster a reason for them to be a part of the game/story? 

You mean this game’s M. Bison?  I’m definitely seeing that to be the case. Although judging by his appearance and demeanor of voice he seems to be very laid back and from his initial appearances with Ken  Im not sure if he’s suspected of being the bad guy at first. I think the World Tour mode will uncover the mystery behind him no doubt but I feel as if he’s almost like G in a sense. We know he’s a major point within the story of the game but we don’t know how or what he’ll do. For now we know JP is involved with Kens backstory incident and may even have personal relations with him.  Im assuming judging the attire that whoever Ken and JP are talking to through the monitor is a monarch or religious  official that maybe related or even a victim of the terrorist bombing that Ken is accused of. 

4 hours ago, bakfromon said:

You mean this game’s M. Bison?

no, I mean like Callisto from Twisted Metal - a mysterious person whose fate intertwines with the rest of the (playable) cast in some shape or form and gives everybody a reason to be present in the SF6 plot. Major difference being that JP obviously isn't gonna grant wishes (and fuck people over in the process). 

For Ken it's the potential terrorist attack due to which Ken had to go into hiding. Ken's troubles then also tie in Ryu and Chun since the three of them knew each other since forever

Also I'd argue that in a *lot* of cases Bison wasn't the direct reason for SF characters to take part in a "tounament" if we're talking about past games. SF2 probably had the most justifications, and SFV was centered entirely around him and Shadaloo

Alpha not so much. 3 had nothing to do with Shadaloo at all. 4 also didn't have that many connections between the characters and SIN and like half the roster was there for completely idiotic or dubious reasons like Fei investigating an assault on his film crew or Honda showing the world how great Sumo is

Callisto on the other hand is ALWAYS the main center figure in every Twisted Metal and his power is why the characters present in each game are there in the first place (mostly time travel shit or similar shenanigans)

We still have no info about JP aside from supposed nationality, his appearance, and the leak which mentioned him having Psycho Power. Whether he himself is connected to Bison, or is actually Bison in a different body, or is an entirely new antagonist remains to be seen, though I'd assume we will get that detail once he's actually revealed to be playable (and it's entirely possible he will be one of the last character announcements)

Edited by -PVL93-
20 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

That was already confirmed by the leaked audio commentary, anyway. What's still unknown is what relation has she with him. I doubt Lily is his daughter; maybe his or November'¹s sister?

¹ God, I hate that name, it's LAZY and disrespectful. They named her NOUEMBER after the LATIN name of the month. Because... Capcom didn't know any Native American language so they just chose the "old-sounding one"? I don't know, but that's already bad... Then they further screwed up the transliteration in... LATIN characters, and we ended up with the absurd NOEMBELU. They could've corrected this at any moment, but nooo.
So we have a fictional Native American tribe with an English name (Thunderfoot), with two members (Thunder Hawk and Lily) with an English name; his father with an HALF SPANISH-HALF ENGLISH name (Arroyo Hawk), and another with a LATIN name because... WTF?

Was curious to check what could have been her name, end up discover November is Native American heritage month since 1990, did'nt knew that (guess american posters here knew though)... maybe that was the link?

But to find an actual word for the month i'm having harder time, to begin with idk wich language Thunderfoot tribe is supposed to talk

Only found "Nvadequa" wich apparently is November said by Cherokee, probably not like a Thunderfoot imaginary native would say it but still more legit than japanized latin 🤣

30 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

That's what we thought for SFV 

Yeah - we know he's a great artist, no doubt. SFV happened to be the first time I've seen a dip in quality of his art. But maybe he's had time to work on his stuff like the rest of the SF6 team. One set of bad assets isn't gonna erase an amazing legacy of solid work. He gots this.

Edited by ToreyBeans

On 11/8/2022 at 5:57 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Sorry for the double post. Are we sure Julia was teenager? The implication was, at least I thought, that they were targeting Noembelu and grabbed Julia too. SFIV seemed to put a romantic/lost lover angle to T.Hawk's search for Julia.

On 11/9/2022 at 8:46 AM, CESTUS III said:

Fun thing they should have just used Noembelu for all that

Juli should have just been a german girl to pair with her team partner Juni

On 11/9/2022 at 9:33 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

Well Noembelu was the girl from his tribe they were going to have him rescue. IIRC they ran out of time in SFA3's development and could not make her playable character so they subbed in Juli. Which sort of makes no sense....unless they are involved. 

Well, that can't be true. For the last 20 years I've been hearing this, that Hawk was meant to rescue Noembelu but they ran out of time and put Juli instead... However, as far as I'm concerned, Capcom NEVER, EVER stated this in any shape or form. Is there any interview, profile, anything mentioning this? I'm not saying something like "ow, c'mon, Noembelu is the mexican Doll with a feather on her bandana after all". I mean something concrete by the game producers/developers.

What I remember, was an interview with the Dolls creators, Kimo-Kimo/Jinzin (Takenori Kimoto) and Eri-N/N /E-Nakamura (Eri Nakamura) when Decapre was released back in 2014. In the interview, they mentioned that a Final Fight-style minigame was meant to be for the console versions of SFZ3. However, they scraped the idea and decided to create characters related to Shadaloo. When they exposed their idea to the producers, they were warned that the arcade ROM was almost full. So they went to the easier route and decided to use head swaps on Cammy, who was debuting in the Zero saga as a member of Shadaloo  (so it seems that only Mike Bison/Balrog was meant to be a secret character). Initially, they wanted Enero to be playable, but her head (mainly her hair)  would occupy too many tiles in the memory. So that's when Juni and Juli came to be playable. Eight other Dolls would make a cameo in the intro VS Juni & Juli, with the exception of Enero (and Jianyu, for unknown reasons). Enero's tiles were drawn, but never made the arcade ROM  (doesn't explain why they didn't add it to the console versions though). Enero's tiles were first seen during Decapre's trailer. So the reason why the console characters didn't made the arcade version, the endings being more sprite-scripted, and the reason Juni, Juli and Mike Bison shares Vega's story, is due to CPS2 memory restraints than time related. The complete arcade version of SFZ3 was released for the NAOMI board as SFZ3 Upper (although the story intro screen lacks all forms of info like Height, Weight, etc).

When Capcom (don't know who) did Hawk's story in Z3, Juli was already a established character (She, alongside with Juni share an account in AASFZ3). so they just tied his story with Juli. They NEVER mentioned anything about Noembelu, although his intro mentions that several people were disappearing from his village, Noembelu could have been one of them , but nothing was ever confirmed. So I really would like to know where that came from.... It seems something created from the fans minds...

On 11/8/2022 at 4:17 PM, Hawkingbird said:

Are you saying T. Hawk knocked up a teen? Remember, all the dolls were teens when Bison kidnapped them

From All About Capcom/Street Fighter

"Vega Elite Guard (organization) SFZ3

Vega's personal guard is made up of elements chosen from among Shadaloo's reinforcement soldiers. They have been brainwashed and strengthened with drugs and, after undergoing rigorous training, mechanically obey Vega. The components of this guard are all girls ranging in age from 10 to 20. The uniform worn  – unique pieces of leotards, skin tight to the body – is perhaps of Vega's taste.... In all, the number of components gathered from various parts of the world is 12 (Enero, Février, Mars, Aprile, Satsuki , Juni, Juli, Santamu, Xiayu, Yanyu, Noenbelu, Decapre). The name of each is related to one of the twelve months of the year, from January to December. However, in the game, only 10 appear."

Juli's Shadaloo CRI profile mentions that she's the second oldest of the Dolls. So she could be at least 19 when Shadaloo kidnapped her. Also, remember that the SFZ arc happened in the late 80's. It was still a common thing for tribes to marry their offsprings even if it was at a tender age. Hawk was the greatest Thunderfoot warrior, so it would be a honor for the girl/woman that would marry him.  Maybe that was the case with Juli...

5 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

What I remember, was an interview with the Dolls creators, Kimo-Kimo/Jinzin (Takenori Kimoto) and Eri-N/N /E-Nakamura (Eri Nakamura) when Decapre was released back in 2014. In the interview, they mentioned that a Final Fight-style minigame was meant to be for the console versions of SFZ3. However, they scraped the idea and decided to create characters related to Shadaloo.

This is something I always wanted that they would do someday in newer iteration of ALPHA 3 /SFA3 since generic DOLLS are already part of the mythos 

VdVB2Sd.png

18 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Juli's Shadaloo CRI profile mentions that she's the second oldest of the Dolls. So she could be at least 19 when Shadaloo kidnapped her. Also, remember that the SFZ arc happened in the late 80's. It was still a common thing for tribes to marry their offsprings even if it was at a tender age. Hawk was the greatest Thunderfoot warrior, so it would be a honor for the girl/woman that would marry him.  Maybe that was the case with Juli...

So if we factor in the release year of Street Fighter 2 being the actual year the story took place, T. Hawk would’ve been 32 in his debut with SSF2 having the same story as the original one. Don’t know what year Alpha/Zero takes place, but since it’s after Street Fighter 1 which was set in 1987 then he would be at least 29 if A2 and A3 took place in ‘88. Making Hawk 10 years older Juli. 

13 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

So if we factor in the release year of Street Fighter 2 being the actual year the story took place, T. Hawk would’ve been 32 in his debut with SSF2 having the same story as the original one. Don’t know what year Alpha/Zero takes place, but since it’s after Street Fighter 1 which was set in 1987 then he would be at least 29 if A2 and A3 took place in ‘88. Making Hawk 10 years older Juli. 

The New Challengers's age is something... complicated. Even with their birthyears revealed.

Cammy was set to be 19 in SF2 and 16 in SFZ3. However... that was when SF2 was set back in 1993 (at the time, All About Capcom stated that there was a 6 year gap between Ryu scarring Sagat and SF2). Also, back in october 2009, when Dee Jay and T. Hawk's profile were up in Capcom of Japan website, they were listed as 29 and 35 yo. This would set SF4 in 1994. Later updates would remove their ages, and Mel's birthdate (February 8 ) would place the SF4 tournament on late january/ VERY early february 1994, since he's 3 yo in 1997 during SF3.

But in SF Beyond the World book timeline.... It sets SF2 in 1991. Which bring us to the question if the New Challengers still have the same age in SF2 OR the same birthyear. For instance, Cammy was born in 1974 and was 19 when SF2 was set in 1993....  however, either she is still 19 in SF2, but now she was born in 1972, OR she's was still born in 1974 and is now 17 in SF2... and 14 in SFZ3  when the Psycho Drive was destroyed, which happens around 1 year after Ryu's fight with Sagat, 1988. I think it's the former, so now Hawk was born in 1957 instead of 1959, Dee Jay was born in 1963 instead of 1965 and Fei Long in 1967 instead of 1969. Or that could have affected only Cammy, with the other 3 being left out of this change...

While on the THawk subject, here''s 2 fun facts about him in SFZ3:

1: In almost all console versions, Hawk's backward walking is his forward walking in reverse... the only exception was the Sega Saturn. There, his backward walking gets a different animation with him making an "X" with his arms in front of his body:

spacer.png

2: In his ending, almost all versions have his picture of him holding Juli with an "fade in" effect. This don't allow us to see the bottom of the picture. However, in SF Alpha Anthology for PS2, for some reason, the "fade in" effect is absent:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Lord_Vega said:

Interesting, they confirm (without actually confirming it) that Ken DOES dye his hair after all. Interesting interview, a pity he focuses too much on Ryu and Ken...

Based off the interview, I'm worried that Arcade/Story mode is gonna be nothing more than truncated version of World Tour instead of adding any additional information.

2 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Interesting, they confirm (without actually confirming it) that Ken DOES dye his hair after all. Interesting interview, a pity he focuses too much on Ryu and Ken...

Hasn't this been known in the lore for decades?

I remember reading years and years ago in official materials how Ken dyed his hair to fit in overseas or something.  Furthermore, his art going back to SF2 already showed him with blonde hair and dark eyebrows, implying blonde is not his natural hair color.

Is there some hair color debate that I was not privy to?

11 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Hasn't this been known in the lore for decades?

I remember reading years and years ago in official materials how Ken dyed his hair to fit in overseas or something.  Furthermore, his art going back to SF2 already showed him with blonde hair and dark eyebrows, implying blonde is not his natural hair color.

Is there some hair color debate that I was not privy to?

Actually it was part of his story/childhood, his parents were close to divorce and young Ken was angry/stressed at his family crumbling so he became a turbolent kid (wich included dye his hair blond) and caused trouble around, wich made his father chose to send him to Gouken's dojo, hoping that will have fixed the problem teaching him some discipline

On 11/12/2022 at 8:19 AM, Lord_Vega said:

Well, that can't be true. For the last 20 years I've been hearing this, that Hawk was meant to rescue Noembelu but they ran out of time and put Juli instead... However, as far as I'm concerned, Capcom NEVER, EVER stated this in any shape or form. Is there any interview, profile, anything mentioning this? I'm not saying something like "ow, c'mon, Noembelu is the mexican Doll with a feather on her bandana after all". I mean something concrete by the game producers/developers.

What I remember, was an interview with the Dolls creators, Kimo-Kimo/Jinzin (Takenori Kimoto) and Eri-N/N /E-Nakamura (Eri Nakamura) when Decapre was released back in 2014. In the interview, they mentioned that a Final Fight-style minigame was meant to be for the console versions of SFZ3. However, they scraped the idea and decided to create characters related to Shadaloo. When they exposed their idea to the producers, they were warned that the arcade ROM was almost full. So they went to the easier route and decided to use head swaps on Cammy, who was debuting in the Zero saga as a member of Shadaloo  (so it seems that only Mike Bison/Balrog was meant to be a secret character). Initially, they wanted Enero to be playable, but her head (mainly her hair)  would occupy too many tiles in the memory. So that's when Juni and Juli came to be playable. Eight other Dolls would make a cameo in the intro VS Juni & Juli, with the exception of Enero (and Jianyu, for unknown reasons). Enero's tiles were drawn, but never made the arcade ROM  (doesn't explain why they didn't add it to the console versions though). Enero's tiles were first seen during Decapre's trailer. So the reason why the console characters didn't made the arcade version, the endings being more sprite-scripted, and the reason Juni, Juli and Mike Bison shares Vega's story, is due to CPS2 memory restraints than time related. The complete arcade version of SFZ3 was released for the NAOMI board as SFZ3 Upper (although the story intro screen lacks all forms of info like Height, Weight, etc).

When Capcom (don't know who) did Hawk's story in Z3, Juli was already a established character (She, alongside with Juni share an account in AASFZ3). so they just tied his story with Juli. They NEVER mentioned anything about Noembelu, although his intro mentions that several people were disappearing from his village, Noembelu could have been one of them , but nothing was ever confirmed. So I really would like to know where that came from.... It seems something created from the fans minds...

Did'nt knew there was never official confirmation, thanks 👍

Well, LOT of stuff will never be confirmed by them, specially the fuck ups 😄

And indeed "Doll with a feather on her bandana after all" is decent enough hint to have doubts, specially considering how Capcom portray native americans (T.Hawk, Noembelu and now even Lily, specially original design) and Juli not fitting much

Keep in mind design wise Juli seems to fit much more her partner Juni, who's german. And BOTH have german month-name, kinda strange considering Dolls name usually reflect origin (Noembelu being the exception indeed)

Would not make much sense that Juli was forced to drop her Thunderfoot tribe style either, as Noembelu is allowed to keep some

I agree, DON'T think Juli was created to be cheap replace of Noembelu, i think Juli and Juni were created from the start to be a german duo, then wanting to give T.Hawk that story and not having the possibility of create a new char (Noembelu), they just changed Juli's origins to make it fit their needs

Btw we had recently (sfv profiles) one more little hint Noembelu may have been supposed to be one of T.Hawk people, as she's listed from Mexico (when USA could have been more expected, and would have made her unrelated to Thunderfoot)

On 11/15/2022 at 10:13 AM, Shakunetsu said:

so the black arm band isnt related to Sean, Eliza nor his father

Cool.  I was right.

9 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

This is one of the reason I have never been into time skip like 5 years or 3 years later

they should just pick it always where they left in the last game,

Or in this case, directly after 3S.

Edited by DarthEnderX
11 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Thanks to @BornWinner

Immagine

Guess the theory of Kimberly linking with DeeJay just got bit more solid

But more important...

Immagine

SAGAT!

sg.gif

Him as Muay Thai rep and a pure boxer (possibly Dudley) are literally the first 2 things i need in SF6 to be truly satisfied with cast

So you're saying characters that appear on the proverbial graffiti wall are gonna be in the game? HA! WHO KNEW?!

Anyway I think SF6 takes place in the early 2000s equivalent in the SF universe. Something like 2001-2003.

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

So you're saying characters that appear on the proverbial graffiti wall are gonna be in the game? HA! WHO KNEW?!

I never argued the wall of tags was'nt a strong hint these characters will be in the game, i was saying that the wall was not an indication of Season 1 DLC

And tbh my position is still the same, specially now that we know base cast will not include Ed, Rashid, Aki and Akuma... i really doubt in first wave there will be also room for all these characters (iirc Bison, Sakura, Mika, Ibuki and Sodom?), because counting Sagat, that would mean 10 characters and would be hard to make it fit with Season

Now considering Sagat alone is different, he's being portraied in a format that seems reserved for playable characters, so maybe he have chance to join Ed, Rashid, Aki and Akuma

Another that got special treatment in terms of representation is Damn D, but in his case i feel he may be just the first big boss of World Tour that our avatar will have to defeat... canon wise would make sense... he's a weak boss, but our character is still very green

9 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

@Skortguess this may hint they gave her SFV as alt sadly, in another of these Luke wear his SF6 alt too

Her SFV alt is good just not as good as SF4 Juri outfit because nothing beats that. Actually it will look quite nice looking at the fact that the new engine is capable of rendering leather / latex texture in far greater detail than SFV could.

Having that said,i am  100% sure that the SF4 nostalgia costume will return for her eventually.She is one of the characters that gets a lot of costumes so prepare your wallet good sir,it's going to happen.

Edited by Skort
On 11/10/2022 at 7:11 PM, CESTUS III said:

Was curious to check what could have been her name, end up discover November is Native American heritage month since 1990, did'nt knew that (guess american posters here knew though)... maybe that was the link?

But to find an actual word for the month i'm having harder time, to begin with idk wich language Thunderfoot tribe is supposed to talk

Only found "Nvadequa" wich apparently is November said by Cherokee, probably not like a Thunderfoot imaginary native would say it but still more legit than japanized latin 🤣

It's pointless searching for a real language when the Thunderfoot tribe is not a real tribe, and was created along the most common stereotypes regarding the Plains Indians, or, to be more specific, the Lakotas. The Cherokees never dwelt in tipis, while Thunderfoot clearly live in tipis, as shown in Hawk's SFIV prologue. Not to mention there was a real historical Lakota warrior named Čhetáŋ Wakíŋyaŋ, aka "Thunder Hawk". Anyway, the stereotype the Japanese have of "American Indians" is more or less the same as the "generic Indian" all the world had, which was more or less based upon "Lakotas with totem poles" (Lakotas never carved totem poles, which were typical of the Northwest Coast cultures). If November was to be spelt in Lakota, then she would've been Waníyetu wí ("winter month") or Tȟakhíyuȟa wí ("ruminant rutting month"). Lily would be... Too many names, it depends on which lily species is, lol.

Anyway, as I said that's useless.