Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

23 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

RATS! I had the chance to personally ask Nakayama if that trailer is still part of the canon and I missed the opportunity. Profound sadness....😪

200.gif

MWAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! 

In all seriousness though, Lord Vega deserves praise for all the great things he has done for us. Where would we be without him? @Lord_Vegatoo. 😅

On 10/18/2022 at 9:26 PM, Doctrine_Dark said:

Back when SF 15th Anniversary launched on PS2, Capcom of Japan re-released All About Capcom with the game in a special edition that was exclusive to Japan.

Rinse and repeat for SF 30th Anniversary a few yrs ago.

It would be really cool if Capcom did a SF6 special edition like that.

Except this time it would be a whole new book incorporating SF4, SFV, and SF6. A modern All About Capcom.

That would be perfect. 

Allow me a minor correction. Both books are not "All About Capcom", but it's an edited version of it with only the Street Fighter stuff. Pretty sure that's were the colored shots from the encyclopedia came from.

I really don't know why Capcom didn't update it for the 30th edition with SF4 and SF5 info....

22 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

"Breaking away from the side of righteousness (but not going evil)."

Actually, that's what she did when rescuing Decapre in "A Shadow Falls"

21 hours ago, Daemos said:

MWAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! 

In all seriousness though, Lord Vega deserves praise for all the great things he has done for us. Where would we be without him? @Lord_Vegatoo. 😅

😡😡

Don't worry. I shall have another oportunity... And I will NOT miss it!😈

And thanks for the kind words. Actually, I should be the one to thank you guys for keeping the interest on the SF story. Specially during times when there isn't much stuff going on, you guys always find something to keep the thread goin.

I can't believe this have been going on since 1999 (give or take). I still remember following an story thread back in the old GameFaqs message board and finding Tiamat's SF plot FAQ, mainly focused on the Zero 3 plot. Soon after I found the storyline thread (not sure if it was Warrior's Fate at the time) on SRK. Soon after, "you know who" took over the guide and, for almost a decade, compiled and translated (AND mistranslated) a lot of the series story information. He even translated ALL the dialogues from SF1 to SSF4AE. Let's face it guys, if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't know where to find the info we needed even for re-translations,

Then, there was "the purge" and @bakfromonstarted a guide from scratch translating most of the All About Capcom/Street Fighter encyclopedia section followed by @Miðgarðsorm with several translations, elucidative language explanations and almost real time CFN profile translations.

A big THANK YOU FOR PLAYING to all of you!

@Daemos 

I have an early Holiday gift for you. 
It is in form of a TAS video, concerning Street Fighter. 

You'll understand the context... when you watch to the very end. 

It will put you in a good mood.

Imagine a scenario: 

E. Ryu and Shin Gouki fight. 

Okay. Cool. 

M. Bison strolls on in to show Gouki what real power is. 

Such is the curse of a martial artist...

Edited by GreatDarkHero
On 10/18/2022 at 10:44 PM, ToreyBeans said:

I'm not sure about Udon reprinting their work, but I found it here on a discount:

https://www.instocktrades.com/products/feb202182/street-fighter-world-warrior-encyclopedia-hc-arcade-edition

Thanks for the tip. I managed to get the book I wanted and another one that also seems to be out of stock on most regular online stores.

That's an excellent site. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm in Europe and I have to pay more on shipping I'd use it as often as possible.

2 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Dude, imagine all of the game getting leaked and we don't even have a release date yet!

Initial Reactions to the Chun-Li/Juri interactions.

Supposedly these are from World Tour right? Well it def seems like the characters are gonna serve more than just teachers and mentors to teach us their moves to get around the city. Sounds like there's gonna be actual interactions between characters too. 

Immeditely in the first clip, you can hear the difference between the two. Juri right off the bat insults Chun-Li's new job of taking care and teaching kids. But Chun-Li, apparently and assumedly being the adult in the situation, responds firstly with "What's gotten you so angry to begin with?!". A valid question, seeing as Chun-Li has moved on from her previous engagements, while Juri is still moping around like a psycho ex-GF. Even in Chun's dialogue, you can hear her give Juri an option to resolve things without having to escalate to violence. But she know deep down that Juri is still dangerous, and if all else should fail, she would not hesitate to resort to violence to protect herself.

What does interest me is Chun-Li says she's "gonna have to bring you in". Does Chun-Li still give her local police or interpol some consultation or assistance outside of her teaching job? Does her police instincts still reside in her? i don't think she's that far off from retirement, unless she just recently retired. I thought she'd retire right after SF3. So it's interesting how Chun-Li threatens to bring Juri in, when she's just a normal civilian now.

These dialogues are interesting. Even though it seems like World Tour Dialogue, it does sound like it could also potentially be Arcade Mode cutscenes/dialogue. And some of these lines are spoken during the actual fight, much like in SF4, or during the A Shadow Falls fights against characters.

"Little Miss Retiree" sounds like an awkward insult. I don't know, not a big fan. The "little" to me implies something childish, young, immature, insignifcant to be a threat. But at the same time, is "retiree" supposed to take a shot at Chun-Li's age?

21 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Juri is still moping around like a psycho ex-GF

Ignore fan art and internet shippers. If whatever she says is remotely sexual it's still throw out there as a taunt and nothing else. Best and most recent example would be her level 3 CA where she says  "such a lovely face" , where she does not mean it's lovely in the true sense of the word, but lovely on how beaten up it looks after she rekt you. She kept taunting in the same way before putting Chun in the hospital.

To be honest, kinda refreshing to see a character not give a shit about Chun for a change and directly insult her , as opposed to 90% of the cast who can't stop but write essays in their win quotes  about how awesome she is...however...if i would have it my way, i would move Juri's story completely away from Chun, as  Juri has plenty of room to grow as character in different ways as opposed to Capcom forcing them against the other with no real reason anymore other than  good girl vs bad girl draws in the audience.

But this rivalry is more than likely reignited because you can join both Juri and Chun's dojo / school / whatever in the single player story and you get to face off against one of the character's NPC student in the final battle or whatever.

Edited by Skort
On 10/31/2022 at 10:46 PM, Chun-Li_Forever said:

"Little Miss Retiree" sounds like an awkward insult. I don't know, not a big fan. The "little" to me implies something childish, young, immature, insignifcant to be a threat. But at the same time, is "retiree" supposed to take a shot at Chun-Li's age?

It's Juri, of course she would call Chun Li old and lame just as she would pretty much all the main cast. 

On 10/31/2022 at 11:07 PM, Skort said:

if i would have it my way, i would move Juri's story completely away from Chun, as  Juri has plenty of room to grow as character

This could apply to a lot of characters tbh, Juri has a lot of potential but as she is as of SFV, she feels less like a character and more like a obstacle for the main two girls. 

Personally, I'd have a lot of characters break away from their "groups" and have a chance to interact with rarely interacted characters and develop on their own. 

14 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Feels like first time we may see Ken and Guile family relationship play a role in the actual story 

Yeah. It's odd that it never came into play. I guess it could be because Ken was never in any real trouble while married to Eliza. Although during his shortlived brainwashing he technically was dating Eliza long-term.

I am interested to see what lengths Ryu will go to to protect his friend. Ken would die for Ryu at one point. Does Ryu feel the same?

Edited by Daemos
14 hours ago, Daemos said:

Yeah. It's odd that it never came into play. I guess it could be because Ken was never in any real trouble while married to Eliza. Although during his shortlived brainwashing he technically was dating Eliza long-term.

From how i see it, is possible even if same family they may see each others very rarely... like, living in different states + Guile being often unavaible due his army duties

But yeah, they don't interact much lol, i'm thinking for example in ASF at Kanzuki HQ, we never see Guile interact with Ken (brother in law) or even Mel  (nephew), despite all of them being in same palace at some point

15 hours ago, Daemos said:

I am interested to see what lengths Ryu will go to to protect his friend. Ken would die for Ryu at one point. Does Ryu feel the same?

While i don't doubt Ryu would offer his life to save his friend, and the idea of him joining Ken at fuck up bad guys that framed him would be fun (actually for a short part of the story would be cool af), tbh i hope Ryu would not get involved much

SF6 story we seen so far feels like is a good chance for Ken to develop a bit as indipendent character, involve Ryu too much risk to ruin it imho

Personally i like to think they may use Ryu mostly as solid moral example that may help Ken get in the right state of mind* but then leave him space to have his own adventure... maybe Ryu can return ASF favor and help Ken clean his mind with a sparring match

*something Ken may need reading his quotes in SF6

He seems to not rely on old friends like Chun or Guile, up to the point of think to be alone in this

"Feels like the only one who understands the nature of my struggle...is myself."  (mirror)

but then he finally finds a stable point in his old friend Ryu

"Never stop being you. Unshaken. After all...you're the reason I got my start." (vs Ryu)

On 10/31/2022 at 8:29 PM, Dragonfave723 said:

Here when he say "Mr. Champion" may be a specific dialogue vs Ken

Ken won 3 times the Pan American Martial Arts Tournament (and likely still hold the belt), also Luke in SF6 refer to him as "Champ"

Make me wonder if may be a small hint JP may be the one that framed Ken

Cool!

Turban guy was also in other artworks and supposed to be a poison-based fighter iirc, guess evolved into FANG 😄

We have also a prototype Azam there 😄

Btw SF3 concept phase ever been crazy af, even inother more common sketches we got Beast (like "beauty and the BEast fable) fighter, a fucking Golem*, a bald rubber man (that surely became Necro)

turban guy here too

bf33f72f57d25fd8ff0eb7160e991e17a24d0672.jpg

Curious to know if the girl was supposed to be grown up Tiffany, some things match lol

Btw LOVE see dropped concepts, one of the projects i have for SF6 creation mode is to resurrect at least 6 (like a season) dropped concepts 😄 

Anybody can translate jap notes on all dropped concepts?

*the Golem idea appeared also in pre-sfv works lol, #6

SFV Rejected Character Concepts : r/StreetFighter

Just now, Doctrine_Dark said:

The talk of Ryu and Ken made me think about this.

Aaah, Malibu comics, what a weird, weird SF adaptation. So glad it didn't influence future games or adaptations, cause oof....

On the topic of the early SF3 sketches, I really didn't connect with any of them to be honest. Maybe the big guy with fun mustache or the normal office man could have been fun, but yeah, it feels so different hah.

8 hours ago, ToreyBeans said:

Looks like we could've had Hideo in Street Fighter III as well. At least we got Akira. But now I'm kinda wondering what the full cast of SF6 will look like. Maybe there's a chance for Rival Schools characters to make it?

A chance exist for sure as the door between worlds has been opened (even before Tiffany/Hinata in beach stage), but guess Akira huge popularity in polls is only reason she made it... seems beyond cameo the team had no much fucks given for RS in SF itself, i think Akira just felt smart pick for DLC cash grab as the char had fanbase willing to pay

Question is if they think would be cool to keep milk that cash cow in SF6 too, but tbh i doubt they will ignore easy money... at least on late seasons

Others idk, if they replicate Akira as the biggest RS seller, big bro Daigo (who seems to be stronger than her and have story link) may have a chance too

Beside all that, would be cool see RS parts jumping in SF6 at least as clothes/haircuts for the character editor (personally will cross fingers for SFEX ones too)

7 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Curious to know if the girl was supposed to be grown up Tiffany, some things match lol

Absolutely NOT, but obviously she came from the same common source, aka Shinji Hiramatsu's 1979 manga Mister Lady, as I already said once. Akiman is a fan of Hiramatsu's works, and reused many of his ideas. They even referenced that in her description, "An American girl, wearing the flag colours. She has freckles and is a basic American girl (lady?)"

Maybe I'll translate something in the coming days, but this month is going to be a working nightmare for me.

45 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

When you have some time, could you please check the translation accuracy  @Miðgarðsorm? Thanks in advance!

The first 30 seconds at least were ok, so I don't think they screwed up something.

1 hour ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Absolutely NOT, but obviously she came from the same common source, aka Shinji Hiramatsu's 1979 manga Mister Lady, as I already said once. Akiman is a fan of Hiramatsu's works, and reused many of his ideas. They even referenced that in her description, "An American girl, wearing the flag colours. She has freckles and is a basic American girl (lady?)"

Maybe I'll translate something in the coming days, but this month is going to be a working nightmare for me.

Thanks 😄

I did'nt know/remember the manga itself, but just gone to look for images and she felt familiar, surely to your previous post in the past

ミスター☆レディー(漫画:1巻):無料、試し読み、価格比較 - マンガリスト

Edited by CESTUS III

Just realized i was wrong about SF6 Luke/World Tour and that was pretty obvious lol

I thought Luke was hired by some PMC (private military company) AND as a side, separated gimmick he have a personal work as martial arts gym istructor, and that our char go there to train as sport/hobby

It's true our char get an ID card, but that goes for modern gyms too

On reality the default shirt we start with have

BUCKLER

Security

Trainee

on the chest, meaning our char is likely there to work in the same PMC where Luke has been hired, and that Luke just have to teach fighting to Buckler employees as one of his duties

Guess this make sense with Luke suggesting to go out and find trouble as best training method (even if would fit some old school japanese dojos philosophy lol) and will likely shape our World Tour story, probably linking our explorations of Metro CIty to missions to help Buckler clients... guess we will have precise places to reach (training with Luke hint it too) and then punch bunch of people lol

Seems that Buckler Security is doing decent money too, as it's the sponsor in the MMA Cage stage

Street-Fighter-6-1.jpeg

Wonder if they make Luke fight there to attract strong fighters and hire them, for example Bosch seems to be more interested into grow as martial artist rather than work/make money

This made me think in SF6 we still did'nt seen Luke in proper official match oufit (Default is for gym training, Alt is casual clothes) like he was in SFV, then i realized fun thing is we already seen Buckler-sponsored Luke... in SFV 😄

Luke (Street Fighter)

I already wanted the classic SFV MMA look to return (i like different fight styles to be evident also in design), but considering all that would make even more sense

Edited by CESTUS III
On 11/4/2022 at 9:14 PM, Miðgarðsorm said:

The first 30 seconds at least were ok, so I don't think they screwed up something.

Cool! Thanks!

On 11/4/2022 at 8:28 PM, Lord_Vega said:

The channel with the SFZ3 WQ went down a little after it was posted here....

Actually, the same user created a new channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCR7Vw0hYdQhWef6KDo9nw/videos

Now there's even some Pocket Fighters translated quotes in the "bag".

If you guys are ok with it, I'll ask for their permission to add these quotes translations to the guide. What do you guys think? (altough some of them already are on the SF Fandom).

I also think I've seen that place before....🤔🤣

Edited by Lord_Vega
On 11/4/2022 at 12:40 PM, Dragonfave723 said:

Early concept sketches for SF3.

We got some info about these (specially first group), courtesy of @AriesWarlock

The second character after the velociraptor is an “American Ryu” who can use aikido. He would have been a passionate New York cop. Next to him is “Pankration Guy,” and after him is “Jiu-Jitsu Practitioner.” The Jiu-Jitsu Practitioner would have only used throws and holds, though they are blockable. When he uses his kiai, he can cause his enemies to stumble and become unable to get up. Also, the Jiu-Jitsu Practitioner would have had a pretty wife.

Other characters we can see in the early character designs include a street dancer, an assassin, a marionette master, and a businessman. It is unclear how the businessman would have fought against martial arts practitioners on the level of Ryu or Chun-Li. The street dancer, on the other hand, would have used capoeira. The majority of his moves would have utilized his feet and legs.

Fun thing is if truly the 4th guy in the first group was supposed to be SF3 Jiu-Jitsu rep who use all throws, even before know this he already gave me strong Izou Motobe (specially first version) vibes, similar rugged look, hair, beard and clothes and weird menacing aura...

Motobe and Gaia first appearance : r/GrapplerbakiMotobe and Gaia first appearance : r/Grapplerbaki

...who is the Jiu-Jitsu rep in Baki manga, and started as very skilled grappler (later they made him become mostly a japanese weapons user)

Spoiler

Say what you want about motobe but he put yujiro in an armlock way back in  grappler baki. : r/GrapplerbakiMotobe vs Yujiro: Yeah, you read that right : r/Grapplerbaki

better show of him going all throws in the old anime

Spoiler

Think there's good chance, after all we know anime/manga had huge impact on SF3 newcomers

About the "american Ryu who does Aikido" who's a cop, guess is fair guess that he became Alex

First prototype-Alex (or somebody who looked lot like Alex) concept was an american cop too iirc, with sheriff star and handcuffs lol

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Fun thing is if truly the 4th guy in the first group was supposed to be SF3 Jiu-Jitsu rep who use all throws, even before know this he already gave me strong Izou Motobe (specially first version) vibes, similar rugged look, hair, beard and clothes and weird menacing aura...

LOL, I said the same two days ago.

Also, since I spoke about that mainly on Twitter...

4 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

LOL, I said the same two days ago.

Leonardo Dicaprio GIF - Leonardo Dicaprio Great Gatsby - Discover & Share  GIFs

4 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Also, since I spoke about that mainly on Twitter...

I ever found cool how dropped concepts in SF don't necessary die, but chapter after chapter may return under a new shape, maybe making it to the game or only to be dropped again lol

Like think the big sand monster with a lil girl then was reimagined still in SFV as NS big gorilla

Concept art of Neo Shadaloo Gorilla from the new Street Fighter book : r/ StreetFighter

wonder if before come up with the idea that he have Bison intelligence through PP, they wanted make that was her to control him (don't remember if that sketch was translated)

Also bunch of SF6 newcomers (or at least some traits) seem to rework past ideas to some extent 😄

I think

Marisa: we got 2 different italian red hair girl* concepts in SFV

Lily: SFV eskimo girl hat throw can big guys

Jaime: i think some of that rejected SFV Gen disciple is there

Manon: wonder how much (if any) of SF4 super technical judoka girly frenchboy (the first Abel idea) survived in Manon moveset

*adding Aprile and Maggio everybody but Rose have red hair in Italy lol 😄

Well, at least we don't get the "it's european, so must be blond blue-eyes" gimmick lmao