Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

2 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Kimberly does a kujikiri ("nine signs cut"), a sequence of hand gestures thought to enhance perception or as a spell to ward off calamities, typical of esoteric branches of Buddhism (密教 mikkyō, "secret teachings") and often featured in ninja related stuff. It should be performed with very precise hand gestures, but Kimberly here just seems to dance with it as if it were the lyrics of a song. The sequences vary, but the most used one in martial arts contexts (and by Kimberly as well) goes 臨 兵 闘 者 皆 陣 裂 在 前 rin - pyō - tō - sha - kai - jin - retsu - zai - zen, roughly "my soldiers are about to fight, all deployed in front of me", from which generally they extrapolate more esoteric meanings.

I think it's also the same Guy did in SF4 (timestamped), same sequence

Anyway, Lily is more or less a T.Hawk clone. I heard MEXICAN TYPHOON, so she should play very similar to him.

Was thinking she would have played kinda agile like Talim from SC, while mimic someway T.Hawk moves

But if she have huge strenght and start launch huge people around, they may have recycled that eskimo girl rejected concept in SFV, both very small girls from a tribe, with deep link with nature and herculean strenght lol

#8-9-10

https://i.redd.it/9klhymd2wc411.jpg

description apparently was

"A girl who lives in the Alaskan tundra, a master huntress. Despite her appearance, she possesses an inhuman strength, and is capable to freely hurl and throw even big men. A wild rumor circulating between street fighters says that BWA superstar Kimala once challenged her, and was soundly beaten. Her age is unspecified (and she herself doesn’t know for sure). She basically thinks that fighting = living = eating, and consequently fights against strong opponents, thanking the land and all the living beings. She lives with her father and 5 brothers, all hunters like her."

Marisa has a super armor ad moves in... LATIN, LOL. I heard gladius (sword), procella (storm) and quadriga.

She also have a "javelin", guess they did'nt liked the sound of "pilum" 😄

Wonder if they will give her Greco-Roman wrestling as style or Pankration

Probably the latter would make more sense as she will surely use punches and kicks, but given her theme (and that Gill/Urien already got Pankration) guess they will not resist give her the former 😄

Hope we get Coliseum themed stage, would be epic

Btw character creation say this dude is going to jump 2000 years and steal all her shit, after all he clearly said it in SoR

Una vida de gaming: Shadow of Rome - PS2

🤣

More importantly, Zangief "has more throws than ever".

Yes GIFs | Tenor

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

No mention of Psycho Power. Usually PP users have their special names include "Psycho". The special moves I heard were:

That's an interesting point (wich stands true also for Soul Power users too), but till proven wrong i tend to trust the original leaker that seems to have no doubts about JP using PP

Would PREFER if JP is'nt a PP user, would make him a fresh new Boss, but still can't ignore his original description was

"Dandy Russian with Psycho Power in an peach/orange colored suit"

We also have to consider that all PP users you speak about are "sub-products" of Bison's power, JP having different names for moves may simply be used to show him as indipendent character that made up his own style with his PP

Edited by CESTUS III
29 minutes ago, Daemos said:

It's also apparently Chernobog not Chernobyl according to @Dragonfave723. Which fits with the old slavic divinities theme you mentioned.

Yup, it's definitely Чернобог Černobog. We all remember him in Disney's Fantasia.
chernabog_L.jpg

There's also a... Niža? It could be a mispronunciation of the god of the underworld Niya.

Definitely NOT a moveset for a NICE guy... 😛

24 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

description apparently was

I translated it, I remember it very well.

24 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

I think it's also the same Guy did in SF4 (timestamped)

Yes, but Guy also did the correct hand gestures. Kimberly seems to treat it more like a cool dance.

I’m probably stepping into @Chun-Li_Forever territory, but many of the in-game animations of Chun-Li emphasize her older & wiser status. In regards to the burnout state video posted above:

• Her burnout stance is the closest to her regular idle stance compared to everyone else.

• She looks the least tired of the cast so far. Even Ryu and Guile are keeping their guard up.

• When the drive bar gets refilled, she doesn’t exclaim or make an exaggerated movement like the rest of the cast. She just returns to her stance in one smooth motion.

The animations for this game have been amazing and all of Chun’s look to wnchance how content she is in her life and how confident she is in her style. Like Capcom really wants to show you that she is a master.

Edited by BornWinner
4 minutes ago, Daemos said:

The "manipulates things from the shadows" feels overdone in SF atm. First Bison was manipulating things from the shadows, then the SS were manipulating things from the shadows for even longer. How many layers of shadows are there? I am hoping JP represents something completely new.

That's why I like JP being a component of either Shadaloo or the SS rather than being his own thing. I don't want to run into Hydra->Eternals->Red Room->Ten Rings nonsense where there's a bunch of organizations "controlling everything" somehow but not interacting with each other

4 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

That's why I like JP being a component of either Shadaloo or the SS rather than being his own thing. I don't want to run into Hydra->Eternals->Red Room->Ten Rings nonsense where there's a bunch of organizations "controlling everything" somehow but not interacting with each other

Oh I agree, but I'd extend that list to the group behind G/Q or even Neo-Shadaloo. Since both are confirmed to exist more or less but are not fleshed out lorewise. 

5 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I’m probably stepping into @Chun-Li_Forever territory, but many of the in-game animations of Chun-Li emphasize her older & wiser status. In regards to the burnout state video posted above:

• Her burnout stance is the closest to her regular idle stance compared to everyone else.

• She looks the least tired of the cast so far. Even Ryu and Guile are keeping their guard up.

• When the drive bar gets refilled, she doesn’t exclaim or make an exaggerated movement like the rest of the cast. She just returns to her stance in one smooth motion.

The animations for this game have been and all of Chun’s look to wnchance how content she is in her life and how confident she is in her style. Like Capcom really wants to show you that she is a master.

Well said

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

Of the groups you listed only Hydra was "controlling everything". The red room stuck with breeding spies and assassins, the ten rings were a terrorist organization with individual cells, the Eternals don't do shit. I can use Hydra and the ten rings being adversaries. They probably where when Hydra was Shield

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Of the groups you listed only Hydra was "controlling everything". The red room stuck with breeding spies and assassins, the ten rings were a terrorist organization with individual cells, the Eternals don't do shit. I can use Hydra and the ten rings being adversaries. They probably where when Hydra was Shield

The Red Room was stated to be controlling world events "from the shadows" and the Ten Rings were stated to have "Conquered the world" with "nothing more to conquer"

The world building in the MCU has just become garbage during Phase 4.

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

The "manipulates things from the shadows" feels overdone in SF atm. First Bison was manipulating things from the shadows, then the SS were manipulating things from the shadows for even longer. How many layers of shadows are there? I am hoping JP represents something completely new.

Yes, I have been always against that kind of future direction ever since 

Multiple layer of more bigger super duper secret association that is a top of one another is where most of the narrative issues comes from. Another layer might work but adding two more would only complicate things more further and cause more inconsistency

Seth's SIN was well done because it was not another top rather than a branch a minor sub-group/child organization that decides to go rogue to the parent organization. Same with Neo Shadaloo being tolerable also because it was not another top layer.

Edited by Shakunetsu

I remember i used to had this fanfiction in the SRK storythread of another SS leader related to Gill and Urien but exiled 1st one was an old uncle

The uncle one was exiled before Gill and Urien became what they are or before they grown up

So all of his related information and records were deleted because SS doesn't want any mention of him or known of his existence like he is a disgrace to the organization

So making him technically not visible to the present SS under URIEN and Gill.

The other one was a female sister, which  is like everyone else. I remember that some also had a female fanfic regarding a female SS leader.

This kinda of fanfic is mostly inspired by Thor Ragnarok.

8 hours ago, Daemos said:

Tbh i don't see much overlapping, world is a big place and so far SF villain orgs are different in so many ways... even in real life today we have multiple underworld realities that operate in multiple continents and have fuckton of power/money/people, there's not one single big bad that have his hands on everything

So far the only known orgs in SF don't offer much impossible problem to handle in terms of world building, and when interact/clash they did in reasonable way.

It's not like each org was sold as the only

Shadaloo- Was essentially some sort of large terrorist militarized organization, with presence in some countries and ability to occupy a relatively small territories and take over local crime. Birth and periods of activitties were totally linked to Bison's personal actions and situation. As far we know was active only in relatively recent years and to some extent had the power/$$$ to corrupt or influence some high figures within states

Bison "manipulated things from shadows" some times, but often went straightforward building a small army even with uniforms/flag, big militarized bases and mass destruction weapons

Secret Society- As name suggest is a secret society, loosely based on freemasons that has existed for thousand of years and influenced events in whole world, till Gill (and Urien) rise as far we know they were ok to just pull the strings and kep low profile. They likely have the highest level of influence within most powerful nations, as as far we know no government even tried take them down. So far they seem the ones specialized in "manipulate from the shadows"

They started sabotage Shadaloo as soon they seen it as a problem (ASF)

SIN- This one indeed overlapped with Shadaloo (being literally born as a division of Shadaloo itself), mostly because Seth was a sub-product of Bison and his existence was on a monorail that inevitably had him try to replicate Bison's empire.

They literally started being an indipendent thing only because Bison destruction in SF2 left a void of power, and Bison destroyed Seth as soon he returned

"Alphabet People"- We know basically nothing of them, even the name is made up by fans, they can be whatever and do whatever

We only know that they've been around for at least 25 years and IF we can take G stage (wich was a bit a "bonus" as was CPT) they have, or at least G have, a big base in the space.

They may be somehow related to SS world as Gill recognized G's power after defeating him

Neo Shadaloo- Not even sure they belong in this list. So far Neo Shadaloo is just a relatively small group formed by Shadaloo's lab experiments that grouped togethe, as given their nature they're unlikely to fit society. Then for sure they may grow, pushed by PP corruption and possibly (theory) by JP

They only started exist very recently after Shadaloo fall in V and we know they're still a thing in few years later SF6

JP- At the moment we know basically nothing of him, we have just a line saying he "manipulate things from shadows" but we don't know to wich extent, in wich field, for how long he's doing it, in wich areas of the world (one being probably Russia)

Even IF leaker is correct and he's a PP user he will not feel necessary like last minute made up shit, as we know canon wise there are in theory not 1 but even 2 former fellow PP students of Bison we still have not seen

Idk despite the mess Capcom did many times with story, as far we seen i don't think they're thowing at us bunch of new orgs in a way that contradict previous world building saying "this new #1 is ever been there!"

We have basically a reason/context for every org to exist, would say there's even room for more instead close SF world in a small narrative cage where everything must be related to Shadaloo or SS (wich so far has been mostly the case)

6 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

@CESTUS III

Have you managed to identify the wrestlers on the stage? I looked through the slam masters roster and none of them fit.

No, tbh took me few vids to even just have an idea of what they look like as the exagon shape of the cage make them more far from the camera than Retsu, but even after figuring it out i could not find a direct counterpart from Capcom's world i'm sure about

Bearded one may be Drake

Final Fight 3 US - Neo Geo, Arcade & Retro Games

Watching he seem to have black tattoos on both shoulders, but again would not bet money on it lol

Plus even assuming they're characters we know, SF6 timeskip may have gave them big redesign

Is also possible they (and maybe katana guy too) are just new characters made up to serve as enemies for World Tour mode

Edited by CESTUS III
8 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I can't see Capcom redesigning a character for a background cameo. That character will need to play a role in world tour to justify that. 

Yeah that's what i thought, just like DamnD  (who got redesign) appearing everywhere will probably either play enemy role in WT or even become playable

They may be enemies in WT and get bit of redesign

Btw a correction i forgot to do, tall "gray hair" wrestler in reality is wearing an ushanka hat like this

Amazon.co.uk: ushanka hat

but with gray fur

Also the one on the far right with something strange on his head is actually a robot (seems like a toy robot with very round colorful shapes) or at least an human dressed as one lol

Edited by CESTUS III

Interesting

So here's my own thoughts regarding JP

Him being a dimensional travel? 

• He might be able to bring back alternate version of DEAD CHARACTERS or from a different TIMELINE? Like Bison, Goutetsu and etc.
  • He might be also responsible for the sudden presence UNWORLDLY BEINGS like Necali in SFV.
  • Regarding also with dimension travel he could also bring alternate version of DARKSTALKERS Characters & other characters from various Capcom IP like CYBERBOTS, but in a different alternate version. 
  • He might be able to used as a tool for GUEST CHARACTERS from other companies like SNK's KOF Terry.
  • JP seems the narrative tool equivalent to KOF's VERSE that is used to bring back dead like Team Orochi & SAMSHO back in present time. 
  • JP power's and abilities might have similarities with JJBA FUNNY VALENTINE teleporting characters from different dimension, timeline & parallels 

ROSE might be very integral to JP's story and abilities because of ALTERNATE TIMELINES and loops.

19-story.webp

Edited by Shakunetsu

And JP's Torbalan/Торбалан might be the thing/abilities related about taking characters from different dimension, timelines & parallels to his present locations.

That might be one of the gateway to various possibilities of bringing back BISON and others in their prime versions

Since Bison also has a Astral form (AKA Phantom Bison) he can exist in a different realm even without a physical body

f_vega00.jpg?h=c6de66a1311ce92c6e3553dae

I could see this a possibility when JP took a Bison from another dimension and Phantom Bison arrives,

Which basically explains the multiple Bison clones in SFEX SHIN BISON, BISON II and BISON

XfeM1V6.gif

Edited by Shakunetsu

As for JP's Gameplay I am now thinking of him besides from teleport

and also controlling space, distance and doing specials that uses absorbs and vacuums

JP might had some specials similar to KI Gargos

Like Summoning Minions as backup and teleporting punches

And also KOF's Magaki that manipulates projectile arc and trajectory using teleportation

Edited by Shakunetsu

@Doctrine_Dark

You missed these...

Spoiler

M.Bison:

to Chun-Li: "Children losing their parents is a terrible fate, as your daughter will soon find out!"

to Guile: "You should've stayed home with your family while you had the chance!"

to Jamie: "Drown in your drink and despair!"

to Juri: "Your life is meaningless without me... Let's end your suffering."

to Ken: "You're fighting like a man with nothing to lose... Nothing but your life! Hahaha!"

to Kimberly: "Your clan's cheap parlor tricks were no match then and are no match now!"

to Luke: "Your story ends here, boy!"

to Ryu: "You may delay the inevitable, but you cannot stop it. You're mine!"

Edited by Daemos

Seems like JP might just be able to teleport OTHERS (something we've never seen in SF)

And his 'other dimension' stuff could just be stuff like psychic projection, etc that we know characters like Bison & Rose & Dhalsim are capable of...but JP can cause others to experience it. This would tie in again with his Rasputin-feel as Rasputin was a new age guru of sorts.

4 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Teleporting is awesome, but grabbing other versions of characters from different dimensions is NOT something I want for Street Fighter.

Agree, I'm just talking about the extent of the possibilities that it may bring in Street Fighter, but most of those things were not the things that I want for Street Fighter narrative direction

It's not something I want, hope or wish that the direction would go but it's more that I expect it would go or at least attempt. After seeing the changes in SF6 that change the atmosphere of SF as a brand, from the logo and etc. even the newer easy inputs I'm more into believing that they would go more further heights this time with SF6, that they never done before.

JP might be the more tamed versions of Verse(KOF) and also KRONICA (MK).

BrSHHeE.png

I'm sure if Capcom would also do that and became successful executing it, Namco will also do there own thing with Tekken.

One of the thing I mentioned in Megashock threads was SF has no SENSU BEAN or SEVEN DRAGON BALL like narrative tool that can make a character go back and fort from being dead or in the afterlife because it wasn't meant that way in the beginning compare to Mortal Kombat's world building.

So it was only Bison that has an access to return from the afterlife, while other characters are either turned into a Frankenstein like Charlie Nash. Or maybe cloned.

And also some kind of a RESET Button in a narrative form.

Like I said before that is one problem with Street Fighter being a fighting game and having a mystical narrative that's why they can have narrative weights similar to MK in their own cinematic mode. That the usual stake is just shadaloo attempting to harness more power or control the world. Now they can up the ante.

===============================================================================================

To clear out, I'm never into KOF to crossover SF universe, I just used Terry as an example because his the ONLY character I would tolerate if a KOF would guest in SF.  No Kyo, Iori, Ryo, Haohmaru and etc, but as much as possible I'm not into Terry crossing over SF. Haohmaru and Ryo are my favorite SNK characters and also my mains.

But the thing is I already also mentioned in this thread and the other SFV thread this year before SF6 had been previewed, That I'm already expecting SF6 will have tons of guest characters because it's a new popular gimmick. And I was not happy with that.

The only guest character that I like is no other than Garuda, because he can basically just appear somewhere doesn't need a backstory to carry much and his character was designed from the ground up to work more with Street Fighter Characters than exclusive SFEX characters.

Capcom knows that it's everywhere so I expect them the same but in a more "controlled way" to fit the current STREET FIGHTER, So it would be "alternate version" instead of the exact one.

Here's the positive of the areas that we can at least look into.

To be honest I think the move of bringing "alternate version" instead of exact version is are clever move of Capcom. Because it's a more MANAGEABLE WAY. 

• Compare to Namco that just randomly putting Akuma or KOF's Verse acting as whole portal that everything comes in PACKAGE or SETS, Verse is not reusable and just a single usage in narrative
  • Because people would need to manage expectation to certain characters from different parallels, dimensions and timeline to be not the exact character, Regarding they are Terry, Geese, Kazuya or whoever.
  • Same case if Morrigan is now finally became a DLC or whatever DarkStalker Character, So power level expectation would be more grounded if they decide to crossover a version of them.
  • The current crossover character will not also bringing the WHAT IF possibilities and all the lore of their ORIGIN IP. So that it won't complicate the current established canon because they literally came from a different version.
  • So there won't be fan having fanfiction on comparing the present status and timeline of the other IP like KOF to SF because of having a single character doing a crossover. because it's not just a different timeline but a whole new different parallel.

This had been something also building in the background a while from ALTERNATE VERSION of characters in CFN Profiles like Ruby Heart, Kyle and some Rival School Characters. Even in various games outside SF IP

tVctJK2.png

Edited by Shakunetsu
10 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Seems like JP might just be able to teleport OTHERS (something we've never seen in SF)

Didn't Akuma do it first when he sent people to hell? JUST KIDDING....

But...

BISON! 02:05

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is an angle they explore as this ties in with what Oro was telling Dhalsim about the different types of ki.

On 10/9/2022 at 3:03 AM, YagamiFire said:

Yeah I love when we can at least get a glimpse into what characters have been up to!

I just like the idea that Metro City has become such a Mecca for street fighting that every martial artists on the planet goes there to hang out or open a shop.

9 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I'm just gonna make FF7R Rude.  And if the CAC can't do that, it fails.

Edited by DarthEnderX

Here is slightly a different thought regarding JP

Instead of pulling characters from different dimensions like Funny Valentine in my first example

What if 

His basically the MORLUN equivalent of Street Fighter 

But instead of being interested to eat "SPIDER-MENS" from different dimension

His someone interested with characters that manifest PSYCHO POWER or similar and drained their life force that turned them into stones

His kinda like NECALI but reverse personality and with dimension hopping powers that specifically designed to go after PSYCHO POWER infused SF characters

AYtiy4k.png

So instead of a scene like this on the Morluns family

IMKQ0ou.png

4NWlfGQ.png

You get this scene intead of JP having psycho powered infused characters turned into statues on his back just like Rugal

So this time no CROSSOVER CHARACTERS other than someone that hunts psycho powered enhance individual from different dimensions

His basically the antithesis to Bison and the rest of the psycho powered individuals

What do you think of those two contradicting version of JP?

That the only common thing is dimension and teleport related but the other one is more anti psycho character without bring dead and alternate version, while the other one is bringing alternate version from different timelines, parallel and etc.

Any feedback or what do think the negative implication of each version.

The other one that I'm thinking now is just summon energies inform of a DEMON because of the names of attacks, not necessarily from different dimension but decided to put names on it and shaped the energies into demon form.

Commonalities are more like DONOVAN

donovan-flame.gif

donovan-darkstalkers-special-animation.g

donovan-ice.gif

donovan-lightning.gif

Along with the category of Nameless and GGX DIZZY

nameless-kof2002um-hsdm.gif

So this time it's more GROUNDED to the traditional expectations in SF, as usual no REAL DEMONIC ENTITIES and Dimension travelling other than someone that manipulates an energies to make it looking like other worldly BEINGS from different dimension?

But still does manipulate space and distance

What do you think with the 3 versions JPs that I expect? Every one its totally different.

The last one is not literally having DIMENSION related other than trying to convey it is even it wasn't other than being  more crafty with ki/energy. Like projecting the energies/ki similar to a JOJO STAND but not a real entity from another dimension and also having multiple one.

Negative Criticism in discussion of each is very much welcome specially what those that will say the negative implication that can ruin the establish mythos of street fighter. 

Edited by Shakunetsu