Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

9 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

They may start with 2 SF3ers

Unfortunately there are currently no indications of SF3 characters coming. Not even the sacred Graffiti Wall™ makes mention of them.

I think we are more likely to see SF3 characters from S2 onwards, especially if SF6's story is an evolving story like SF5 that unfolds over time instead of completely out of the gate.

I quite enjoyed SF5's bold second season with a lot of new characters. So I wouldn't mind if the remaining S1 characters are also new like AKI. That way we can move on to favorites from the second season onwards.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Unfortunately there are currently no indications of SF3 characters coming. Not even the sacred Graffiti Wall™ makes mention of them.

I think we are more likely to see SF3 characters from S2 onwards, especially if SF6's story is an evolving story like SF5 that unfolds over time instead of completely out of the gate.

I quite enjoyed SF5's bold second season with a lot of new characters. So I wouldn't mind if the remaining S1 characters are also new like AKI. That way we can move on to favorites from the second season onwards.

I know, i was thinking in terms of push the season

Tbh i would like get total new characters too, plus i usually play as male ones and this time we got mostly females, with Luke surprise being burnt by SFV too

Just hoping it's not DamnD lol

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Here's the problem with those many that claims to be into SF3 characters 

Most of those that I see wanting SF3 characters from in SF5 and before the character roster were "leaked"

Were mostly posting and asking about NEW CHARACTERS from nationality that weren't yet represented that they want to be in SF6 that weren't in previous SF games Instead

Or either talking about scrap concept art like King Cobra 

Some even want OG fundamental archetype character be scrapped and replace by entirely NEW CHARACTERS that weren't yet seen in the entire SF universe

So there they go, CHARACTER CREATION instead which what likely they really want. Take a look at there sample characters the character creation.

Just read in the other thread that Guile stage is called CARRIER BYRON TAYLOR

Wonder if Byron is dead (doing something eroic/important af), feels strange af US army would name a carrier after a still alive military officer (unless capcom is just being silly lol)

While at it, this was his profile

This character was recently added to one of the new stages.
He's a pretty important guy!
He's also one of Shadaloo's enemies!

Taylor is Guile's superior in the American Airforce, and hails from the great state of Texas.
He's a hardass when it comes to work, and is an expert in Combat Sambo.
He doesn't have much in the way of family due to his attitude towards work, but he does have a small private plane, and five bulldogs to keep him company..

28 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Wonder if Byron is dead (doing something eroic/important af), feels strange af US army would name a carrier after a still alive military officer (unless capcom is just being silly lol)

The U.S. Navy regularly named ships after alive persons. They stopped after WWII, but resumed the practice in 1975 with the USS Carl Vinson1, commissioned when congressman Carl Vinson was still alive. So Byron Taylor could be still alive.

1I know that just because the USS Carl Vinson gave her name to the manga Space Family Carlvinson, which featured a character that Capcom copied for Vampire Savior's Q-Bee. Lol.

42 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

The U.S. Navy regularly named ships after alive persons. They stopped after WWII, but resumed the practice in 1975 with the USS Carl Vinson1, commissioned when congressman Carl Vinson was still alive. So Byron Taylor could be still alive.

1I know that just because the USS Carl Vinson gave her name to the manga Space Family Carlvinson, which featured a character that Capcom copied for Vampire Savior's Q-Bee. Lol.

Lol reading your post got me curious to see what kind of path you need to do to reach such honor, end up there's even a wikipedia page about it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._military_vessels_named_after_living_Americans

In Byron's case guess made hell of a career and then retired or made the jump into politics?

23 hours ago, Daemos said:

It's written like a bad anime. With scenes being unnecessarily long to fill space and lots of exposition. But the plot itself is more coherent and consistent with the source material than say something like MK11 - which only should be getting praise for their Hollywood production values.

If that bad anime didn't feature characters I was attached to I would throw it in the pin.

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

In Byron's case guess made hell of a career and then retired or made the jump into politics?

It could be everything. He could be dead, he could've gotten into politics... either way, he did some good service to the US, so they're honoring him. But, until Capcom explicitly discloses his fate, Byron Taylor in SF6 is a Schrōdinger's character, lol.

Speaking of moustache people, wonder if we will see Eagle in Ken's story (assuming "Eagle Shipping Company" is actually owned by Eagle lol)

8 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I still believe Byron is a double agent. The way he shows up in Guile's character story and in ASF makes me think he is an SS or Shadaloo plant.

Also no family? Loves dogs? Clearly evil.

Would be a cool rival for Guile, these things help chars that rarely get the spotlight  (example i liked a lot Hakan being Honda's rival)

1 minute ago, CESTUS III said:

Would be a cool rival for Guile, these things help chars that rarely get the spotlight  (example i liked a lot Hakan being Honda's rival)

I mean, Charlie has been warning Guile since Alpha 3 (which he canonically was not in exactly) that their bosses are sellouts. Where are they? It makes sense to maybe put a face on one of them, and what a cruel joke it would be if this legendary military hero turns out to be a dastardly villain as well.

Might be hard to see with this one

6I6wbbb.png

Chun-Li to Juri: "Didn't you exact your revenge? You can't let that consume you forever."

Thoughts: Accurate. It's reflective in Chun-Li moving on from revenge into teaching kids and raising Li-Fen, while Juri is stuck in a rut, looking at memes, hoping some foots swipe right on her feet pics.

I get a sense of emotional stability with Chun-Li now that I never really sensed when these two met a long time ago in SF4. Chun-Li was too easy to let Juri get under her skin. But with this victory quote, I'm sensing both a sense of calmness and a sense of maturity in that she doesn't have the time nor patience to play Juri's games anymore when she has far more important matters to tend to.

I do believe Chun-Li could almost see herself in Juri, should she went down the path of unending revenge and violence that Juri took. But Chun-Li is on a different path now, and certainly for the better in the long run. I do believe Chun-Li hopes Juri finds her way into finding something that motivates her other than sadism, but for now, i think Chun-Li is content where she is compared to where her rival is.

13 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I mean, Charlie has been warning Guile since Alpha 3 (which he canonically was not in exactly) that their bosses are sellouts. Where are they? It makes sense to maybe put a face on one of them, and what a cruel joke it would be if this legendary military hero turns out to be a dastardly villain as well.

Would be a nice contrast

You would have Guile with heart at right place who never cared about career calling Byron traitor, and corrupted Byron who sold his soul for ambition calling  Guile naive

24 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Thoughts: Accurate. It's reflective in Chun-Li moving on from revenge into teaching kids and raising Li-Fen, while Juri is stuck in a rut, looking at memes, hoping some foots swipe right on her feet pics.

Juri is basically evil Chun-Li.

Both women had their families destroyed by Shadaloo, and both took different paths to get over it. Chun was wise enough to stop herself in SF5 (she even told Cammy that she won't be blindsided again during her first confrontation with Bison in ASF), and pursue a higher calling - Saving people.

I hope Juri continues on this dark path because it makes her much more interesting. The characters who were personally victimized by Bison/Shadaloo are a dime a dozen. But the ones that revel in their trauma and darkness are unique.

Could be cool seeing Byron now in the running for office (heck, maybe even running for President) due to taking credit for the operation that ended Shadaloo, him taking on a Solidus Snake route and being a rival to Guile.

His reasoning could be multiple things;

• Gave heart and soul for country, saw that he didn't "get his share" now wants to do something about it
  • Was a Secret Society plant from the beginning and is doing his part now that it seems they're easing into the public sphere. (Heck Urien's mom was an Olympic Medalist, lets see what other corners of the SF world their loyalists occupy)
  • Genuinely a good man, but working with devils to get an extreme new world order (G?) Torch the old and usher in the new?

I dunno, lots of fun could be had with him.  Back on SRK I loved the idea of a disillusioned, resurrected  Charlie looking at the world after Bison's death and saying "it's still a mess" and becoming a rival to Guile as a rival with good intentions, but extreme methods. Maybe something could be done with Byron that's got layers and isn't just "he's a bad guy" or something.

10 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I hope Juri continues on this dark path because it makes her much more interesting. The characters who were personally victimized by Bison/Shadaloo are a dime a dozen. But the ones that revel in their trauma and darkness are unique.

You know who hasn't moved on from M. Bison's demise? Juri Han.

You know who else hasn't moved on from M. Bison's demise? @Daemos

Be like Chun-Li and learn to let go of your pain and trauma, and use your past experiences to make lives better for others, instead of chasing ghosts.

VBZSrV6.jpg

Chun-Li to Ken"You were framed for what happened in Nayshall, but... I know you want to set things straight."

Thoughts: Interesting point is that Chun-Li doesn't offer Ken help because she's retired and probably can't garner any favors with anyone at law enforcement or Interpol to help Ken out. Based on Ken's win quote to Chun, I don't think Ken knows that Chun-Li has retired.  I don't think Chun communicates that fact to him either. I do believe Chun-Li is the kind of person that would never hesitate to help a friend in need. But at this point in her career, she probably has her hands tied to do so. 

I'm sure there are some reasons that would prohibit Chun-Li from helping the brother out, other than her being retired. Maybe she doesn't want to get too involved in any aiding and/or abetting Ken, lest Li-Fen or her kung fu school/community could face some serious consequences.

All the information we got is that something happened with Ken in Naysall. Now I don't know if that's a place you can explore in world tour, or if it's a some corporate building, or some fictional area. But while we don't have the "what", the "when", or the "why", Thanks to Chun-Li's quote, we potentially have a "where". So it's something to look out for when we have more details to explore.

I dunno...

With Chun-Li and Juri it seems like Chun-Li "got Bison", dusted off her hands and then hurried off to retirement...

...where-as Juri is actually putting in the leg-work to uncover stuff BEHIND Shadaloo and the real facts about the organization. I'm not sure how good that all makes Chun-Li if it plays out like that. It makes Chun-Li look like she was JUST obsessed with revenge against Bison rather than stopping Shadaloo from harming people in general...where-as Juri is doing all the work to ACTUALLY stop Shadaloo and make sure it doesn't come back??

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

I dunno...

With Chun-Li and Juri it seems like Chun-Li "got Bison", dusted off her hands and then hurried off to retirement...

...where-as Juri is actually putting in the leg-work to uncover stuff BEHIND Shadaloo and the real facts about the organization. I'm not sure how good that all makes Chun-Li if it plays out like that. It makes Chun-Li look like she was JUST obsessed with revenge against Bison rather than stopping Shadaloo from harming people in general...where-as Juri is doing all the work to ACTUALLY stop Shadaloo and make sure it doesn't come back??

I feel like you're giving Juri a bit too much credit. She's not on a crusade for truth or what's behind Shadaloo. In my view, violence and vengeance is her drug; she's chasing a diminishing fix and anything tied to it is her excuse. She didn't get to kill Bison, so she'll kill anything that so much smells like it was Shadaloo.

"Ok, Bison's dead, lemmie see if I can kill some 4 kings! Oh, they're gone?! Well how bout some conspirators and loyalists?! Oh, crap, killed the last one Thursday. Okay, this guy scratched my bike, I'll kill him and his friend with the bad ponytail!"

I don't know where you're getting that she wants to put in the work to make sure it doesn't come back ever again? We don't know how long it's been since SFV, but they're saying after all this time, without Bison she's feeling directionless and with her win quote against Guile at least, she still wants to murder people who get in her way. Guile isn't a bad dude, isn't tied to Shadaloo, but in her win quote, she MURDERS him just because and revels in it. Violence & mocking is the only thing that keeps her going and Shadaloo is a convenient excuse . If Mad Gear did what they did to her, she wouldn't help Metro City to get better afterwards, she'd just want to kill Belger, then Abigail, Poison and whoever was still alive as part of the organization. Rehabilitated, disillusioned in the old org or not.

Again, I don't know how long it's been since the end of ASF, but if Chun saw Shadaloo destroyed and her superiors and other orgs deemed it nullified. What point is there for her to stay chasing ghosts? She saw the big bad fall and she's got something in her life worth protecting. If there were small fry, allies could take them on since without Bison, dudes dipped, were killed, or arrested.

Chun may have had revenge in her heart, but it evolved into an overall fight for justice. She did join the fight to help out in SF4 before anyone even knew Bison was back.

You're making my framing of Juri to put her in a valiant light but it's not at all. I'm not saying she's doing anything for the right reasons...just that she DOES seem to have uncovered something judging by the way she's talking and, previously, in SFV we saw her with her leads on what is going on as well. Even then, the SFV tournament uncovered A LOT of shenanigans beyond just Shadaloo...some of which Juri herself is aware of thanks to Urien, etc...but Chun-Li is totally ignorant to all of this stuff until at least SF3...but now post SF3 Juri still seems to have her finger closer to the pulse of what's going on while Chun-Li seems blissfully oblivious.

All I'm really saying is is that there's clearly a lot of evil afoot in the world still and not even Shadaloo was fully dead and buried. Charlie knew not to always trust the judgment of his superiors because of room for corruption or complacency...so I'm not sure Chun-Li should ever go by that.

Actually, in fact, Chun-Li saw reanimated zombo-Charlie with her own eyes and THAT should have been worth investigating in and of itself!

10 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

You know who hasn't moved on from M. Bison's demise? Juri Han.

You know who else hasn't moved on from M. Bison's demise? @Daemos

Be like Chun-Li and learn to let go of your pain and trauma, and use your past experiences to make lives better for others, instead of chasing ghosts.

Don't make us laugh.

Let me remind you that in the late 90s it was widely assumed that Bison was canonically dead for good. Outside of a single interview with a Capcom rep who comfortably assured us that Bison was alive and well during SF3, everyone and their mother thought that that rat Akuma finished him.

I wasn't chasing ghosts back then... yes it was a dark time for Shadaloo aficionados, but our faith was unshakeable for years. In fact, it ended up taking Capcom nearly a decade to revive Bison and canonically confirm what *I* knew all along. What I still know!

There is no demise my dear... Evil never sleeps, it only waits... A painful truth that your precious Chun-Li and that daughter of hers will soon find out!

Dammit now we're gonna laugh....

Edited by Daemos
On 9/23/2022 at 1:58 AM, Daemos said:

I cannot see a season like this being carried by Akuma alone. He's popular, but resting the risks of Ed, Rashid, and AKI solely on his shoulders to sell is absurd. Either there are other characters in year 1 or they are selling much more than characters in the bundle.

Rashid was well received, meme-able theme song, but he's not a breakout star like Juri or even Alex. Ed may be plot relevant and he has a lot of detractors (however he is in the top 20 of character usage unlike Rashid).

Fuck yooooou!  Rashid ruuuuules!!

14 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Which, as I've said before, is kinda shitty.  Because it means she was never a cop in order to protect people or honor her father's legacy or anything like that.  It was just a means for her to pursue her vengeance.

Edited by DarthEnderX

I like Max and I can see why he wouldn't like SFV's story. But I find it hilarious how NO ONE mentions how much better it is as a MODE than pretty much any other fighting game. It doesn't use the shitty chapter structure that NRS does, which forces you to play one character, lets the villains get 0 wins and forces contrived interactions just for the sake of filling a character's chapter; it's not simply a movie, like Guilty Gear; 

It's really the best story mode in any fighting game. I can get not liking the story itself, but it works much better than whatever other companies are trying to pull. And this was just the first attempt. There's improvements to be made, for sure. Some are obvious, some are not. Some might be gimmicky, some might complement the game as a whole. But it's not a total disaster. NRS, the so-called bastion of story modes in FGs has been struggling with their model for 6 games! The writing is terrible there too, the actual mode holds the story back as well. If it weren't for the high production values, it would be crap.

It's sad they completely abandoned the story mode for the world tour mode, as cool as that looks. I don't think those two wouldn't be able to coexist. It's not like the player avatar is going to be the main hero or anything. 

7 minutes ago, Dracu said:

I find it hilarious how NO ONE mentions how much better it is as a MODE than pretty much any other fighting game. It doesn't use the shitty chapter structure that NRS does, which forces you to play one character, lets the villains get 0 wins and forces contrived interactions just for the sake of filling a character's chapter; it's not simply a movie, like Guilty Gear; 

Hear, hear!

Structurally I think it is indeed the best format so far for cinematic stories in FGs. It allows you to tell a full story from all sides without compromising on character integrity.

What I think would've improved ASF structurally is to allow for multiple ways to get to the end, unlocking different branches/chapters of the story but ultimately you get to the same conclusion with some possible differences (like multiple endings that do not conflict with each other but build on one another). Like they could've allowed the player to go with Character B instead of Character A thereby unlocking a whole sequence of events and fights. Both sequences would've happened in the story either way but you get to experience them.

The other thing that I felt was lacking was ASF did not feel like it had proper boss fights. Even the final boss fight did not feel as climactic and difficult as it could've been. They could've added multiple levels of difficulty and secret fights. 

Currently, you only have to play the mode once, but with tweaks like this you can increase the replay value.

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

Fuck Max opinion tbh

Dynamic is bizzarre but supposed to be silly funny in an anime way

She's not putting his face on her chest for some weird Lannister incestuous shit going on in Max head, she's just bullying him as big sister in very same bulldog choke way Ken tried on Ryu

Top Ryu Ken Stickers for Android & iOS | Gfycat

They are from a Brazilian Ju Jitsu family and passed years grappling together, wich is how any form of brotherhood bullying is going to go lol

Plus people that actually know grappling culture/training life know that most girls that passed years rolling with males give zero fucks about their private parts (and Laura does'nt seem the shy type either lol) when they grapple and as long there's no weird shit going on (like the nightmare boner or shit seem intentional) any accidental touch of boobs/ass/vag is essentially ignored, because good luck at grapple otherwise

Would be zero suprised if Kyra Gracie bullied some younger bro/cousin like that lol

Seems just another case of "Max opinion on things" tbh

ps: plus Laura bullying Sean can't be wrong. Laura best Matsuda, grab that SF6 slot girl lol

48 minutes ago, Daemos said:

The other thing that I felt was lacking was ASF did not feel like it had proper boss fights. Even the final boss fight did not feel as climactic and difficult as it could've been.

I thinks that's possibly because that was'nt supposed to be the final boss, but as we don't know how much last minute replacement of the original plan lol

Was'nt said in some interview SFV last boss was supposed to be Necalli that killed Bison, absorbed him then Bison mind/spirit survive within him, becoming essentially a fusion of the two characters?

Guess in the shitshow production that was SFV launch they realized they were not in time to create that "Super Necalli" character to make it legit playable (and probably did'nt wanted waste resources on an unplayable Boss that can't be sold), as a true amalgamation of Necalli and Bison would have been essentially a whole new character, so they made up cheapest way to bring story toward a Final Boss that result in Shadaloo destruction, pick Bison again, no new moves no anything and call it a day

But i agree even going like that they did poor job... in fact Ryu defeating Necalli, wich in the story served as stepstone/sub boss, was waaay more epic

Nec got defeated by a legit hype new "Super Move" to show

Spoiler

Bison just got beat up, try to throw something useless then get defeated by a kinda normal big hadouken (a Shinku Hadouken if we want to be generous, even if "Shinku" is not said)

But this fall into the good old 99 ways ASF could have been done better

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Was'nt said in some interview SFV last boss was supposed to be Necalli that killed Bison, absorbed him then Bison mind/spirit survive within him, becoming essentially a fusion of the two characters?

That was pure fan-fiction and conjecture based on scarce details then. Ono made it very clear in the one detailed story interview he gave that SF5's story is about bridging the gap between SF2 and SF3 completely, explaining away the absence of Shadaloo during that time. Bison was always meant to be the final boss in ASF, it was building up since SF4 and the fight with Ryu was building up since Alpha 3 arguably.

There is also no indication in the canon that Necalli absorbs fighters' powers after eating them. He's not gonna do yoga flames after eating Dhalsim. Yes he might grow stronger but he doesn't "fuse" with fighters. Again, pure headcanon working here.

21 minutes ago, Daemos said:

That was pure fan-fiction and conjecture based on scarce details then.

Was'nt the interview/revelation made by Capcom people?

Pretty sure we got it in this very thread, but to lazy to go dig search it lol, was it weeks or months ago? Idk

This fact alone is the opposite of fan fiction, game creators with power over actul canon =/= fans

27 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Ono made it very clear in the one detailed story interview he gave that SF5's story is about bridging the gap between SF2 and SF3 completely, explaining away the absence of Shadaloo during that time. Bison was always meant to be the final boss in ASF, it was building up since SF4 and the fight with Ryu was building up since Alpha 3 arguably.

If their plan was Necalli killing Bison's shell and Bison's spirit/mind surviving made him "part-Bison" (wich iirc was their intention), would have still worked as last boss to kill to bring down Shadaloo

31 minutes ago, Daemos said:

There is also no indication in the canon that Necalli absorbs fighters' powers after eating them. He's not gonna do yoga flames after eating Dhalsim. Yes he might grow stronger but he doesn't "fuse" with fighters. Again, pure headcanon working here.

He literally fused with Warrior Prophet giving us SFV Necalli

Necalli - Prophecy of Old - Street Fighter 5 Wiki Guide - IGN

Necalli - SFV Story Mode Gameplay | PlayStation 4 | IGZ Gameplay - YouTube

Even Necalli's scars were on reality WP ones

3 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

This fact alone is the opposite of fan fiction, game creators with power over actul canon =/= fans

I'll concede if you present the official source, but AFAIK no such info was ever given out by Capcom. Necalli was never stated to be the final boss. People projected onto him a lot of things because he had a badass presentation and then were let down by their own expectations.

7 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

He literally fused with Warrior Prophet giving us SFV Necalli

Changing appearance after hundreds of years of slumber isn't the same as taking on their powers or skills. Furthermore in his character story, we see him consume several warriors and never changing as the tale unfolds.

Who's to say that Necalli's human form is that of an Aztec warrior like the Warrior Prophet and when he consumes flesh he can retain his more human appearance.

46 minutes ago, Daemos said:

What cinematic story mode is better pray tell? Talking strictly in terms of structure and function

Unironically Xrd. Doesn't have any dumb shit, doesn't stick to giving player control over hero characters, can be completed at your own pace because it has a save point after every chapter plus a quick refresher is possible via ingame glossary, and for a first time ever ArcSys did a great job, even if they sometimes can overwhelm you with lore 

I wanted to say T7 too but the sleep including narration really breaks the tempo of the action pump which severely hurts the mode overall 

SFV is horribly structured, poorly scripted, is braindead easy, and shafts way too many characters out of screen time for no apparent reason 

Necalli was originally supposed to be the boss. He has the five "V" on his face. They ditched the whole interesting gimmick of Necalli only being savage in his "base form" and a genius in his true "V-Trigger" form. I guess it was a victim of them rushing the game out the door. I liked concept. Base Necalli was essentially "Evil Ryu", his own power ruled over him. He was an instinctual beast. V-Trigger Necalli was the "Akuma", he ruled over his power. It did not control him. It could have made for an interesting SNK/SFIV Seth in game battle with Round 1 being base Necalli and him becoming V-Trigger Necalli after you defeated him. He would be in his V-Trigger form yet have full access to the V- System. Ah well...what could have been.

I enjoyed Shadow Falls. The story kept me engaged from beginning to end. No skipped cutscenes or anything.

Those who know me know that I'm a huge DBZ fan. When I knew DBFZ was going to have a long Story Mode, I was excited. Fast-forward to now. I still haven't gone beyond completing 1% of it. Lol. I don't think I'll ever complete it. 

Curious to see how Capcom is going to handle the story in Arcade Mode. Will it be a typical random ladder or will the fights all be story focused?

A part of me believes SFV's Character Story might be merged into SF6's Arcade Mode. 

Might have different boss battles like Alpha 2 as well.

Would be nice to see bonus stages return as well. SFV only had the barrels, so it was pretty forgettable. I want to see something different.

Overall, I'm pretty excited to see what's in store for Arcade.