Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

7 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Necali never had a chance…

He was a filler character anyway just like Seth to Bison and Necali to Akuma.

They were meant to lose or to be doomed in the series they will debut while preserve the iconic characters

They serve the narrative purpose of escalating the villains or the protagonist but yet the build up to be intimidating was there as a misdirection to the expectation

12 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Man. all the footage from yesterday has me so excited. Every character has got a unique select screen animation that changes after they selected, the level 3's have 2 variations, game faces, etc.  It's all so incredibly cool. I'm loving this new era Capcom. I  can't wait till next week!

Yeah really 

I had zero hype for Kimberly, as the design itself is nice but not great and on general -with old Zeku exception- Bushinryu characters ever failed at catch my attention 

But there's just so much care and thought behind the way they're working, it's charming, end up pause and rewatch pieces of Kim vid to read/understand better this or that animation 

So far there's not a single character that is'nt worth to stop and look with attention to appreciate the efforts they put on it

Plus as you said, every little touch of class like very personlized character select or walk in just fit so much with my taste 

I'm in a bizzarre situation, like the 22 have been already leaked (and i would give a 8/10 to the selection they did) and none of the new characters seems something i will main (even if i'm sure they will be done greatly)... in theory i should have nothing to look forward to* till Season1, yet i'm counting days to next reveal as can't wait to see how the vets i already know will be done (and some curiosity about JP) with this new awesome SF6 level of quality 💖 

In particular really curious to see Zangief and Ed learning new tricks, but also how they surely pushed Ken's style even further to Ryu 

Ken will probably debut next week at TGS imho 👍 

* speaking about cast.

There's still that single player mode that is still all to discover and may give me immense hype

Praying editor is good and the char we create with personalized look/moveset will be playable also in normal vs game like Ace was in EX (obviously banned from online ranked) and that they will let us create multiple characters, at least 3-5... i may even be able to do missing characters recreations like i did in SC (6 being incredible at that) 

Edited by CESTUS III

Just dropping new little story shit to talk about waiting TGS lol

Kinda random theory trip

GILL

of course this was already spotted very first day of reveal trailer, like most probably know was Yun's ending in 3S

Spoiler

fun thing is not only the image is the same, but words written on SF6 big sign are very same speech Gill give to Yun

Gill say (starts around 50sec) that the balance between the two opposite energies has been compromised and "will collapse in the near future" and that people only hope to stop it is mankind (and every living being, that's why show animals too) to go through his way, he "propose the symbiosis of two powers" (positive and negative energies coexisting in same being)

Gill say "i'm proposing the most rational and ideal plan for all people"

Right or wrong, he seems to believe that if a person/living being goes through that process he/it will become immune from that corruption from excess of negative energies (post-ASF PP), because will not have anymore the inner struggle between positive vs negative where PP would give extra help to the negative side to take over, as the two parts will be perfectly balanced to coexist and not try to overwhelm each other

Even assuming it works, you will no more have evil individuals, but you will not have good ones either

That's also why Gill consider who's strong (fighters) the ones able to survive, because you will have no more good people helping the weak

This links to what we know after SFV, the unnatural amount of Psycho Power released during ASF events broke the balance of energies

is same shit Rose talk about here

Spoiler

So G, Rose and Gill may have all same world collapse event in mind, they would just react to it in different ways

G think it's inevitable and want it to happen because he's somehow in harmony with the planet and believes is Gaia's (Earth) will

Rose think it's inevitable in current timeline and want change the past (not by time travel) before it cross inevitable line because present as it is can't be fixed

Gill think it's inevitable and you can't stop the collapse of balance but is possible to "evolve" to survive it

Same shit, different point of view

Would make sense with the fact we see G is building his own faction trying to win people's hearts and get powerful fighters on his side

The Truth About E. Honda's Arcade Mode Ending? – Street Fighter Game Lore  Theories

why would G even need a "faction" of fighters at all, if his vision is truly inevitable?

Would be nice also know if G's giant space base is somehow canon (despite being a cpt stage), because if it is his plan would get a total different angle, may become an ark for G and his followers to wait in space during the collapse till earth return habitable

I think if successful Gill may in theory stop G's vision of total extinction to be completely fullfilled, but that for Rose this would not be a viable option either, would still be the end of humanity, just in different way

Rose's plan to fix backward in theory is the only path to true salvation, as both paths forward (G or Gill) are the end of humanity

Edited by CESTUS III
6 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

But he was'nt speaking of same thing 😆

A rose by any other name is still a rose, and so too the end of all things is still the end of all things.

Who's to say that Bison's actions thus far have not ensured a chain reaction of events that echo far beyond his "death"? Who's to say that his actions have not been fortified with the foresight that the outcome is inevitable regardless what anyone does?

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!?!?!

Perhaps that is why he was chill af in SF5 and just wanted to fight Ryu.

Edited by Daemos

I've loving what I've seen! The little details are awesome:

Ken's stubbly and he finally looks good

Blanka has a slightly altered haircut and I LOVE his new job. I've been saying have his love of the environment play into his future

Honda's starting to go grey and it looks great!

New stages are GORGEOUS!

Oh man, world tour mode looks freaking great!

About Ken. I'm wondering if he got caught up in an Illuminati plot.

1 hour ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Damn, that's awesome, i'm so fucking hyped

Random stuff

- Showcase of created characters got me really hyped as it shows it will be possible apply good variety specially on body types... we will probably NOT be able to create freaks in terms of size (like Zangief, Hugo or Sagat) but still buch better first impression i had

Items they can wear feels little plain/bland, but i'm sure it's because the good stuff will be $$$ DLC

Can't wait to put my hands on that mode, hope i can do LOT of characters

- Ken, Honda, Blanka and Sim looks all awesome (wish they got proper personal trailer instead confusing montage) would be too long tell everything, just REALLY like how veterans are being redesigned in terms of moveset too, can't fucking wait for teh Zangief and Ed, everything looks so hype i'm sure they will be insane

-LOVE how SF2 Sim and Blanka stages feel, liked also the new MMA cage, will be perfect for Luke

Some random fun stuff i spotted

0:31 some created characters vaguely wink at real existing FG characters, some even from SF... wonder if is Capcom's way to say "If you want XXX in SF6, do it yourself"

For SF beside the cringe Akuma wannabe (same for a Guy), there's a decent Elena, golden male Seth and black kid in tracksuit remember a lot SFV artwork sean if tracksuit was yellow/black lol. Material for recreations seems awesome, again, give me MANY slots please

0:44 same crab sign of Ken's SF3 NG stage, hope he get that (but i doubt, may be just a World Tour area) and that personal stages just return

Spoiler

An Ode To The Beauty of Street Fighter III New Generation & 2nd Impact's  Stages [IMAGE HEAVY] | ResetEra

0:45 hope Honda get this as stage (but i doubt, may be just a World Tour area)

0:48 Sodom's truck, wonder if the owner is there too

Spoiler

Street Fighter Alpha 2, Sodom stage (A). | Street fighter alpha, Street  fighter, Street art

0:49: Jacket being a tiger version of Lei Wulong dragons one lol, hope they fill the game with this kind of shit from all FG world

Spoiler

lei-wulong-tekken7-win.gif

1:01 again Ken SF3 NG stage, we see Ken's boat

1:03 1v2 cool

1:09 No idea the fuck is going on lol

1:28 Dhalsim stopping elephant's stomp using two fingers (using spiritual energy) i think is straight wink at Raileigh from One Piece in two separated scenes (in one stopping elephant's stomp with one hand, in another stops a very powerful enemy foot stomp with one finger) both of scenes were made to show his great mastery over spiritual energy called Haki

Spoiler

Three Skulls Theories (Closed)'s tweet - "The technique that Rayleigh  demonstrates during this lesson, is an example of the more advanced  technique of haki flow control. This level of haki control is

Silvers Rayleigh vs Marco the Phoenix ~ ep. 966

2:27 Blanka mom

Spoiler

Shout out to best mother in all of gaming: Blanka's Mom who shows up after  beating the game on 4 star difficulty or higher. Happy Mother's Day Blanka's  Mom! : r/gaming

2:28 the bull can be either Fighter History or Fatal Fury  (or both) reference

Spoiler

Karnov's Revenge / Fighter's History Dynamite (Full Gameplay 1 coin) (Ray)  - YouTube

http://www.arcadequartermaster.com/ff2/bg_laurence.png

2:32 Met, classic Megaman enemy lol

Spoiler

http://pa1.narvii.com/6940/de1f0ce5d06dc838c676377ab298c93ddcc74d5cr1-800-600_00.gif

2:34 new MMA cage stage, kinda sure i seen the electric pillars too, but don't remember where

2:35 Tekken Ball ?

Spoiler

Your favourite Tekken game? | Page 3 | ResetEra

3:08 Final Fight 1 playable in the hub?

3:37 super shitty pixel filter, crash a car (truck here) challenge return

Hyped af lol

16 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

It's weird that Zangief is the only original World Warrior that they didn't reveal.

I believe despite being no shoto/waifu/edgycoolguy Zangief still is one level of popularity above Honda/Blanka/Sim, legit think they bundled them together with super popular Ken and lot of new stuff about world tour intentionally

Damn they managed to get people hyped with no waifus and Honda/Blanka/Sim, that's some sorcery move*

If they want keep some logic in reveals maybe

Zangief will be Muscle(!) reveal with Marisa

*i personally like their inclusion much more than some waaay more popular characters, but i'm speaking about general audience that find them boring or hate them lol

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!
IS THAT UNMASKED SODOM BEHIND THE COUNTER? 😱

location-pic5.jpg

LOL the shirts on the left showing the single characters 波  動  拳 Ha  dō  ken.
Also, Honda's Chanko House is named 江戸紋 Edomon. As I said some time ago, Edo is Tōkyō's old name; 紋 mon is "emblem". Capcom keeps doing wordplays with Honda's name, but it's clear they imply it's a Japanese name.

The writing on Chun-Li's pavilion is the Chinese blessing 福如東海 fúrú Dōng Hǎi, "May your happiness be as vast as the East Sea".
This game is going to be amazing.

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
7 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

About Ken. I'm wondering if he got caught up in an Illuminati plot.

Surely too soon to be sure about anything, but idk if SS would bother go after Ken money, despite being a billionaire Ken himself does'nt seem to use his economic power in any confrontional way (as Karin does for example) 

They're likely richer than most nations already, plus Gill himself does'nt care about money 

Unless Ken opposed them in some way we don't know yet (as super riches share same social circles), then fuck up his life like that may be a SS style thing i guess lol

Personally i would like if JP is indeed behind Neo Shadaloo and he's trying to put hands on Ken's billions to upgrade the newborn org 

I think moral wise Ed would not be even bothered, he would probably see it as a good idea lol

Why does it have to Illuminati who thus far have no indication of being in the game? Why can't it be the Alphabet people? G looks like capitalism incarnate and JP is possibly a JP Morganesque villain. Neoshadaloo are supposed to be anti-heroes, why would they go after Ken especially now that he is effin hot again?

Anyway, SF6 is turning out to be an absolute feast. The story thread will have food for thought for another thousand years!

4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I believe despite being no shoto/waifu/edgycoolguy Zangief still is one level of popularity above Honda/Blanka/Sim, legit think they bundled them together with super popular Ken and lot of new stuff about world tour intentionally

Damn they managed to get people hyped with no waifus and Honda/Blanka/Sim, that's some sorcery move*

All the WW are super popular with the public. This trailer was aimed at the mainstream not the die hard SF players or the FG's lolicons. They also need to reveal all 22 (fingers crossed) before release, so we are at more than the halfway mark now if we count the Cammy leak. 10-11 more reveals to go.

Edited by Daemos
4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's a lot better. It means the situation got beyond his control. I'll take this over Ken being an actual loser.

It also means what Ken is doing is likely to PROTECT his family and uncover WTF is going on with people trying to frame him. Ken hero arc. Maybe they're going to bring in the SFIII manga event where Ken beat Gill and this is Gill's revenge as a way to undermine Ken's 'power of family'. Gill is more than petty enough to do that AND it would give him access to the Master's Foundation and its wealth at the same time if he does it right. Something to consider.

57 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

It also means what Ken is doing is likely to PROTECT his family and uncover WTF is going on with people trying to frame him. Ken hero arc. Maybe they're going to bring in the SFIII manga event where Ken beat Gill and this is Gill's revenge as a way to undermine Ken's 'power of family'. Gill is more than petty enough to do that AND it would give him access to the Master's Foundation and its wealth at the same time if he does it right. Something to consider.

This would need the manga fight to happen as some sort of prequel of SF6, wich would not be a big problem btw, just strange

But Gill getting some kind of revenge over a fight loss would be not much typical for him 

If we stick to ingame actual stuff, vs people that defeated him or gave a good fight 

Alex- Gill does'nt hold grudge and seems to find interesting something he seen in that fight 

Dudley- Give back his car as sign of respect 

Yun- Accept to don't touch their city 

Tom- Tom himself does'nt hold grudge on his L to Gill, hinting no dirty shit happened in their fight 

Urien- Gill is mostly tolerant with Urien despite the fact he knows Urien's feelings 

The SS Emperor IS a piece of shit villain that dream about 99.9% humans to go extinct, so he can have his Utopia of the strong... but interacting with great fighters he seem not only to respect them, but to consider them precious (as they're rare, and one day will be part of his utopia) 

Be bitchy sore loser for a defeat in direct combat (and take revenge using laws and money) seems everything Gill is'nt, for how they portrayed him so far 

He seems to treat all fights essentially as admission test for his future Utopia

If must think a way this works as story would be 

Ken defeat him 

v

Gill admire him, give him his usual speech 

v

Ken reject him and realize what threat SS is, swear to use his billions against SS project (even just giving them bad rep would be a BIG problem, as they're sending Gill's message around the world

Gill frame him to cut the legs of this potential threat to SS, without actually kill the precious fighter itself 

Done like this would make sense, even if i think would still be bit a stretch... mostly because would involve a Boss being defeated (by Ken while at it) in a "prequel" fight rather than get proper space to get hyped up as a new arc

Idk i'm not so sold atm 

@CESTUS IIIThere's a difference there...

Those are people that gave Gill a fun fight and then he got to act all magnanimous and holier-than-thou.

In the manga, Ken got the shit kicked out of him and then definitively BEAT Gill, coming back with an SRK to bust Gill's face.

We haven't seen Gill react to an actual ass beating...a total L. We've never seen that because we've never seen Gill eat that L...and, honestly, I seriously doubt that he'd be all 'haha well done!' after getting absolutely and entirely beaten in a fight. In fact, I think his facade would entirely crumble. The dude is an egomaniac and a tyrant that wraps up his persona in religious overtones. If benefits him to act magnanimous when he has nothing to lose. "Oh here's your dumb car! Look how nice I am!" "Haha well done Alex...now join my cult, you've earned it"

But if Ken handed him a big fat L and made him look less than a god ? I don't think Gill would react well to that at all and we'd see the real monster wrapped up in sheep's clothing

16 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

@CESTUS IIIThere's a difference there...

-cut-

But if Ken handed him a big fat L and made him look less than a god ? I don't think Gill would react well to that at all and we'd see the real monster wrapped up in sheep's clothing

I don't necessary disagree with your theory 

But that's the point, we are taking a non canon event from the manga, imagine it become canon ingame, and from there assume how Gill would react to it

There's big difference between admit we're doing this and say yeah "Gill is like that"... that's what i was replying to you, as you say we never seen it canon wise, so far he behaved differently

But again, i'm not necessary going to disagree with your theory 

Actually i would be surprised if they never show us Gill lose his "balance", drop the mask and strike moved by pure hate

7 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Actually i would be surprised if they never show us Gill lose his "balance", drop the mask and strike moved by pure hate

They have to. Urien isn't lying. The Old Guard weren't lying before they were murdered. Gill is insane! I just hope Kolin sees him for what he is and gets out while she still can.

Bison will save us.

6Jhpl9L.jpg

24 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

A moment of appreciation for Honda's super which materialises a FLAMING SUMŌ RING where Honda throws his opponent.
ehonda_ss04.jpg

ehonda_ss05.jpg

We seen ingame he's blessed by golden light of sumo gods, silly humans refusing recognize him as Yokozuna 😐

Would take also a moment of WTF to realize how many Captain America roids are filling these Guile triceps as we speak, dude never looked that big next to Honda, he looks almost Rog size 🤣 

Synthol is hell of a drug, SFV Zangief shameless flexing Muscle Power through all ASF left a mark on Guile's pride forever

31 minutes ago, Daemos said:

That's unfortunate.

ASF and the character stories that supplemented it had the unique advantage of being "live canon". All of them are true with little to no contradictions. I hope they would at least try to maintain that so we don't live in doubt for another 10 years.

That's a theory 

Possible we still get WT and single player story mode as separated things 

Actually giving a second thought may be even more likely to be like that, effectively would be awkward play whole Story through our silly avatar 

Maybe best solution will be indeed have SF6 story and our avatar adventure like some sort of "spin off" of the main story