Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Do note also the most perfect host body Bison found was not Blond/Aryan but that of a Japanese man (Ryu). Not sure why he never just cloned Ryu... I guess it was an ego thing, he wanted to see Ryu fulfill his potential before he swoops in for the kill.

I think is'nt necessary because Ryu was the perfect host in terms of compatibility with PP, he wanted Ryu for the very same reason as Akuma and Oro... Ryu seems to have an innate potential in terms of ki.

Oro in particular (who seem to think Ryu and Gill have similar potential) was kinda blunt in tell to Ken his limits telling him he could train him to "be better", but them immediately switch asking about Ryu, as to say that regardless training and effort -in his eyes- Ryu have the higher ceiling no matter what

That's why everybody wants him, Bison see an host, Akuma a rival, Oro a successor... but all see the same thing, a very rare gigantic jar that can be filled with PP, SnH or whatever everchanging ki it takes to be a Sennin

But Ryu does'nt seem to have particular ability when it comes to not suffer negative ki side effects, if anything last version of Evil Ryu we seen (SF4) was portrayed to show physical signs of SnH corruption similar to Akuma's

So he may have long run before being consumed by a negative ki, but would be still consumed

I think what make Ed particular is that he may be 100% compatible with PP and not being consumed at all, PP seems to be part of his body since "childhood" without any visible health problem

Same may be true for Falke, Knives and the gorilla (even if Falke may host less PP and latter two may host minimal amount)

Even if none of them is the perfect host (let's say maybe they have compatibility, but low ceiling), the perfect host to grant Bison to not need anymore to change bodies would need that, a body that does'nt deteriorate while hosting PP

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

Honestly, that would be a cop-out especially if this guy is the final boss.

Actually if is one of original students may be indeed be fitting move for an old Bison rival/fellow Psycho Power user, to steal Bison creations and take them for himself, with the fake promise of a change both in name "Neo (new and different) Shadaloo" and as symbolism, switching from the skull to the owl (wich is symbol of wisdom and justice)

Must have been pretty smart to pull that though, the former shadaloo creatures are probably diffident and would fear to end up in the hands of a new Bison... yet they agreed (even the Gorilla who's supposed to have received Bison's IQ)

Maybe used his own PP to block nightmares caused by Bison's PP in them, giving them proof that can help them

I would have no problem with it, would make lot of sense story wise and would be cool if Bison past start to materialize

I agree though on wish he's not the final boss, would make one more SF chapter with a PP final boss... would much prefer him as a figure that work on his plans, while somebody else, totally unrelated and NOT a PP user is the new final boss.

Problem is out of these 22 we seen none beyond JP seems to be a decent candidate.

Maybe will be a 23th unplayable or DLC character, hope so

What's next? They're gonna give him Bison's functions/movelist?

I doubt will move anything like Bison, they have very distictive and different designs

If is'nt an arwork-only decoration (i doubt) he elegant walking cane make me guess he may use it bit like fencing style, think real martial art "la canne" (or la canne de combat)

E.W Martial arts ( not mine but came across because i have a upcoming  pretend sword fight competition between me and a friend) - Album on Imgur

Wich actually would make it way more close to how FALKE use her PP (rip Falke lol), but guess he would need to be able to do also lot of other special stuff if they want portray him as some kind of legit Bison's rival, not just fight like Falke

I'm hoping he is more related to the Alphabets (as his name suggests)

I think the short name may trick you there

Basic concept behind the theory of "alphabet company" (wich i think as name is'nt even canon, but made by us fans) is that each member is supposed to be identified by a single letter... JP does'nt fit that

Sure if we WANT assume it's part of this organization (and that it exist, is not confirmed) we can make up a simple explanation for it, example "JP is an higher member, so he get 2 letters"

But that may be just stretch things to make them go where we want

After all we never suspected this guy named J

Final Fight Arcade Characters

to be part of "alphabet company" yet his name would 100% fit more and he's even blond like Q and G 😄

Somebody (don't remember who, sorry) said

JP -> JP Morgan (founder of huge financial company)

J. P. Morgan American Financier Portrait Photo Print for Sale

fun thing apparently attacked a photographer with his WALKING CANE in a famous pic

Flashback Photo: J.P. Morgan Canes a Photographer - New England Historical  Society

This piece i found would actually be pretty fitting if we think at Neo Shadaloo

"J.P. Morgan was famed for taking over failing businesses, and reorganising them into a more profitable enterprise. He did this so often, the process became known as Morganization. "

I can REALLY buy that to be honest, because fit how straightforward silly 1:1 some of the names of SF6 newcomers are, as @Miðgarðsormmade us notice:

Manon/Mimi -> Manon (FRENCH-japanese pink haired jpop female singer)

MANON is Japan's rising hyperpop star - i-D

Lilly -> Tiger Lilly (native american girl in Peter Pan)

My TPN Atlantis theory seems to have made waves in... - A Wild TPN Theorist  appears

and has nothing to do with Bison/Psycho Power. But if he did have something to do with Psycho Power, then that explanation @CESTUS IIIis the only rational one.

Would prefer too, but the leaker back then straight described him as a flamboyant pink-dressed (would call it more "peach", but maybe was more pink when he seen it) russian who use psycho power

Remember he said all of that months before we seen the 22, strong chance he's spot on

He is either Bison's student, classmate, or master.

I theorized classmate, as we know that canon wise exist 2 other PP users of same era of Bison that we never seen, so one of them can literally simply show up in SF story

Master in theory is dead... even if death, specially for PP user is relative lol

Student may be, as Bison is very old and/or JP may suffer faster aging due PP and not be old as he seems

Guess all 3 are possible

Edited by CESTUS III
44 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Manon/Mimi -> Manon (FRENCH-japanese pink haired jpop female singer)

Made one more little discovery about Manon/Mimi

Both are names of french (both Paris) female protagonist of 2 different Puccini's opera

Manon -> Manon Lescaut (Manon Lescaut)

Mimi -> Mimì (la Bohème)

So guess we have one more possible hint towards being very related to music

12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIIThe Lilly one is a reach for me. Lily is a relatively common girl's name. 

i would agree on the common name thing, if was'nt that lead us to

Street Fighter VI - SFRPG.comMy TPN Atlantis theory seems to have made waves in... - A Wild TPN Theorist  appears

nah, i personally buy @Miðgarðsormguess here tbh

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm sure the Lili from Tekken ain't named after a Peter Pan character

Show me who said she is

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm with Darc. Linking the name with the Peter Pan character is a stretch. The name is too common

Doubt we will going anywhere on this one, we will likely never get official confirmation, so we're just stuck with agree to disagree situation lol 👍

But just to clear the reasoning

Tbh doubt "Lily" name is much common between native americans (real or imaginary), wich kinda cripple the name being too common

Like Antonio is very common name in Italy, but basically nobody would use it in Japan.

So when legendary japanese wrestler chosen Antonio Inoki as name it did'nt felt common and had a meaning (tribute to Antonino Rocca, wrestler Inoki admired)

And more important key here is not name alone, but the fact you have name+the char actually being a young NA girl that even share some design traits

If you take name alone, of course become baseless assumption

That's why i told you Lily from Tekken had nothing to do with this, there name would be indeed only common point, wich is'nt SF6 case

12 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

@CESTUS IIIBartitsu might end up being the basis of JPs fighting style if it incorporates a cane. It's a traditional British fighting style that has cane techniques along with a mixture of British boxing techniques and some savate & jujitsu. It's a very very early example of a hybrid/mixed martial art amalgamating styles from different continents

Very good guess, did'nt thought about it 👍

Bartitsu took cane "fencing" straight from la canne du combat style and indeed have lot of other stuff

Would be even better that way, because could make him do tons of other techniques (like striking/grappling with free bare hand) and don't feel that he fight "like Falke"

Plus using Psycho Power on both cane strike and punching would place him automatically above Ed and Falke in terms of PP mastery, because neither can do both things as their power is limited to 1 specific ability

Same reason if he's particular intelligent can cover also the big brain Gorilla, and if have other special abilities similar to Bison ones (who had teleport/levitation) would have also Knives power or something comparable

Essentially would have a set of abilities on par or superior to the 4 characters (combined) that received from Bison 1 ability each, would make a good NeoShadaloo leader and/or Bison rival

Kinda same way Gill ice, fire and flashy shit > Kolin ice

PS: fun thing in pic you chosen there's also a coat throwing technique, wounder if JP would do same trick with the cape on his shoulder lol

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Very good guess, did'nt thought about it 👍

Bartitsu took cane "fencing" straight from la canne du combat style and indeed have lot of other stuff

Would be even better that way, because could make him do tons of other techniques (like striking/grappling with free bare hand) and don't feel that he fight "like Falke"

Plus using Psycho Power on both cane strike and punching would place him automatically above Ed and Falke in terms of PP mastery, because neither can do both things as their power is limited to 1 specific ability

Same reason if he's particular intelligent can cover also the big brain Gorilla, and if have other special abilities similar to Bison ones (who had teleport/levitation) would have also Knives power or something comparable

Essentially would have a set of abilities on par or superior to the 4 characters (combined) that received from Bison 1 ability each, would make a good NeoShadaloo leader and/or Bison rival

Kinda same way Gill ice, fire and flashy shit > Kolin ice

PS: fun thing in pic you chosen there's also a coat throwing technique, wounder if JP would do same trick with the cape on his shoulder lol

100% to everything you said.

JP having a slightly flashy but refined fighting style like that would be VERY cool especially if he's like a boss-character...

Wait!

The coat throwing thing you said...that could work with allusions to Rose's use of her scarf. Potentially deflecting or absorbing projectiles.

Similarly, if he did cane stuff with psycho power that could be quite cool...even like if he could 'float' it and attack with it independently or something.

There's something about seeing JP use a mix of bare-knuckle boxing techniques and jujitsu that sounds REALLY cool. I've already eyed him as being one of my top choices in the game to play as (alongside Ed, naturally) and that kind of fighting style would be quite bad ass.

12 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

The coat throwing thing you said...that could work with allusions to Rose's use of her scarf. Potentially deflecting or absorbing projectiles.

Fun thing is Bison in theory is able to charge with ki objects too (or would not have been able to pass it to Falke), but feels indeed more a Soul users trademark thing

12 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Similarly, if he did cane stuff with psycho power that could be quite cool...even like if he could 'float' it and attack with it independently or something.

Stuff like that could work well if they want play on him more a magician/strategist angle compared to Bison being more straight warrior/fighter

14 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

There's something about seeing JP use a mix of bare-knuckle boxing techniques and jujitsu that sounds REALLY cool. I've already eyed him as being one of my top choices in the game to play as (alongside Ed, naturally) and that kind of fighting style would be quite bad ass.

This part made me think at this awesome char, only on second moment i've remembered he's... a Bartitsu fighter lol

...too bad after good start, edgy anime "is'nt even my final form" shit take over lol

2 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Fun thing is Bison in theory is able to charge with ki objects too (or would not have been able to pass it to Falke), but feels indeed more a Soul users trademark thing

Bison charges PEOPLE with Psycho Power! Feel it within your body! Those little maggots!

16 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Copy of Montage.jpg

This would be really cool without Psycho Power. Let him go find his own story! 

1 minute ago, Daemos said:

Bison charges PEOPLE with Psycho Power! Feel it within your body! Those little maggots!

Yeah, for that i specified "objects", on a non living creature may be different kind of feat

But again, even if we did'nt seen it ingame or cutscenes no reason Bison should not be able to do that too, after all Rose can charge of Soul Power objects (like Falke), other people body(like Bison) and her own body (like Ed and Bison)

Plus most important Nakayama/Capcom itself specifically said he can do it:

"Falke inherited M. Bison's ability to inject Psycho Power into objects.[3]"

15 minutes ago, Daemos said:

This would be really cool without Psycho Power. Let him go find his own story!

Top 30 Shit It's Too Late GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Btw you should be happy actually

Nobody wanted to see Bison come back in SF6 (7, 8 and 9) to have boss role with big org and all that, while actually see him return on smaller scale to face an old rival that's stealing his creation could be a really cool angle and people may appreciate it

After all moment i appreciated the most Bison in last years has been him being sidelined and showing up in SF4 just to fuck up Seth after all was said and done... it was everything cool about Bison without everything problematic about Bison, do it and i will be intrigued lol

If you want more Bison and he will not get the Boss role for a while, you better hope they make up some side-story to make him sneak in

19 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Yeah, for that i specified "objects", on a non living creature may be different kind of feat

But again, even if we did'nt seen it ingame or cutscenes no reason Bison should not be able to do that too, after all Rose can charge of Soul Power objects (like Falke), other people body(like Bison) and her own body (like Ed and Bison)

Plus most important Nakayama/Capcom itself specifically said he can do it:

"Falke inherited M. Bison's ability to inject Psycho Power into objects.[3]"

Oh I gotchu. I am certain Bison can do everything Rose can do and much more. Rose has been at times absolutely shocked (literally?) by what Bison was able to do by removing the harness of morality from his power.

So it wouldn't surprise me if Bison foresaw everything that has come to pass - Including possibly Rose's time travel conclusion in her character story. But I digress.

22 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Nobody wanted to see Bison come back in SF6 (7, 8 and 9) to have boss role with big org and all that, while actually see him return on smaller scale to face an old rival that's stealing his creation could be a really cool angle and people may appreciate it

But he already did that in SF4. All this JP is going to do is remind people just how good they had with... WAIT!... Nevermind... Let JP present himself! He should be the new PP boss! 😄 

16 minutes ago, Daemos said:

But he already did that in SF4. All this JP is going to do is remind people just how good they had with... WAIT!... Nevermind... Let JP present himself! He should be the new PP boss! 😄 

Well Bison "already did" bunch of stuff, does'nt seem to stop capcom to do it again lol

Btw is also possible that he will not behave as a new Bison sitting on top after you surpassed his "neo shadakings" (Ed, Falke etc), would not be surprised if JP take a very different stance from Bison and pretend to be just some sort of wise advisor for Ed, while everybody consider Ed the leader of the NS family

Would work with him not necessary being the Boss

In my ideal scenario SF6 final Boss is nobody showed in that 22 pic

Btw at some point i expect Luke and Ed to scrap, feels so fitting that would feel bizzarre if NOT happen lol

18 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

n my ideal scenario SF6 final Boss is nobody showed in that 22 pic

I wouldn't be surprised if they go the Alpha 2 route with personal bosses. But I agree, none of the 22 strike me as a new Final Boss. Akuma could be the final boss if they actually want to close this chapter now and finish the Akuma x Ryu saga.

20 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Btw at some point i expect Luke and Ed to scrap, feels so fitting that would feel bizzarre if NOT happen lol

Hopefully they both kill each other and we can move on.

On 9/2/2022 at 7:04 PM, Hawkingbird said:

I'm sure the Lili from Tekken ain't named after a Peter Pan character

What does Lili Rochefort have to do with Lily, and where did I even mention her, exactly? 🤔

For starters, Lili is short for Emilie, which is her actual name - and etymologically means "rival", "imitator", from Latin aemulus (also English emulator). It makes sense, as Lili was conceived as Asuka's rival.

SF6's Lily is a Native American character, invented by Japanese developers. May I remind you that the only idea the Japanese have of American Natives, First Nations and so on is stuck at the few stereotypes they already knew, first coming from the American movies and then repeated in Japan over and over through manga and anime? We're talking about people who didn't bat an eyelid at the thought of naming T.Hawk Geronimo1  in the first draft. And even Thunder Hawk... Just why should a Mexican native have an English name? It's abundantly clear they intended to portray a classic stereotypical Plains Indian, and Lily fits the same mould: a Plains Indian character who's Mexican just because T.Hawk was, and Hawk in turn was Mexican only because Capcom felt there were already too many Americans (they retconned his father as having a Spanish name, Arroyo, which makes even less sense of all that). After all, Mexico is full of Natives as well, so who ever will notice? The hotchpotch worsens when we consider Hawk's moveset, a true blend of Native American stereotypes: we go from Condor2 Dive to Tomahawk3 Buster, from Tatanka4 Horn (his standing far MP) to Angry Totem5 (vertical jump MP).

If I see Capcom call a Native American girl Lily, of course I think they took the name from Peter Pan's Tiger Lily, come on. Peter Pan is super popular in Japan, where they play the 1954 Broadway version with a new cast every year. Not to mention the 1989 anime series, where Tiger Lily's role was expanded and she became John's love interest, instead of competing with Wendy and Tinkerbell for Peter.

It's ironic that the tiger lily is an Asian flower, first introduced into the USA in 1804.

Anyway, as Cestus said it's extremely unlikely we'll ever get to see Capcom admitting all that, so...

1 Like 005, the Native American in Cyborg 009, stereotypically the strongest of the group and whose name was Geronimo jr. 🤦‍♂️

Conversely, Sakigake! Otokojuku had a stereotypical native American named Red Thunder. Both names obviously aren't actual names in any native language, as Geronimo was how the Mexicans called him. His real Apache name was Goyaałé.

Quechua Language (kuntur). Although a condors subspecies does live in the North, Quechua is a South American language. A good start indeed...

3 Unidentified Eastern Algonquian language, probably Powhatan (reconstructed as *tumahák, "axe"). So Hawk is Powhatan?
4 Lakota Language (tȟatȟáŋka) for "bull" (a bison bull, obviously). So he's Lakota?

5 Ojibwe Language (ᑑᑌᒻ doodem) for "clan", "kinship group". So he's Ojibwe? Incidentally, Plains Indians didn't have totem poles, but they're always depicted as having them in older media.

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
notes expansion
18 hours ago, Daemos said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they go the Alpha 2 route with personal bosses.

I hope not, i like the idea of have a Final Boss

But I agree, none of the 22 strike me as a new Final Boss. Akuma could be the final boss if they actually want to close this chapter now and finish the Akuma x Ryu saga.

I hope (but doubt) they will ideed use SF6 to free us of Akuma bullshit, but Akuma will never be a legit Final Boss... as far we know he never had a big plan that would affect lot of people lives, he's on his own personal run that fucked over only few very selected people

Actually for them work well as big villain that exist oustide the main story, it's the perfect opportunity to give Ryu something great to do and free room for new heroes

Hopefully they both kill each other and we can move on.

Luke is cool, in SFV covered an common archetype of martial arts that has been super trendy/relevant for more than a decade at this point, it's been a while MMA became mainstream entertainment (and i seen it all since i was already a fan for decades, back to Pride FC vs UFC rivalry)

For how i see it, Luke addition has been important as Juri bringing Taekwondo/Korea in SF world, SF ignoring american MMA explosion was bit ridicolous

In 6 they improved lot, from making him look bit less douche to add some more MMA vibes to his moveset

My only problem with him at the moment (beside forearms lol) is that both costumes we seen lost the MMA fighter look and seem to mostly push that he's a city guy, because "SF6 is young and urban!" bullshit

To be fair default is supposed to be his gym training attire, but ultimately he just look like he's wearing casual clothes and somehow forgot to put shoes before leave home

Give him actual MMA fighter look (similar to SFV, but less eyesore colors pls) and i'll be totally happy with him

6 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I hope not, i like the idea of have a Final Boss

Based on previous lore, the Alphabet people should be next in line. The seeds for their story have been sown for decades. It's the only logical "next big bad" that doesn't require a retreading on previous story arcs. That should be the A Plot. It would give us a new final boss and enrich surrounding lore.

The B Plotline in SF6 IMO should be Neo-Shadaloo. We already have the Avengers in the game, and we have Juri, Ed, and AKI. JP could fit here if he is not Alphabet. There's also something to be said on this front.

Having said all this, I think their attempt to bring the game back to a street level could entail personal bosses and a temporary shift away from global or large scale threats from clandestine/criminal organizations.

Ryu being the final boss could work, but I think we are 2 or more games away from Old Man Shin Ryu being the OP Big Good.

Edited by Daemos
9 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I like the personal bosses more as it's easier to figure out what actually happened. It makes it easier to write characters if they are not forced to come up with a reason to oppose whoever the boss is.

Actually you have a point, and i was wrong to say "hope not", took it too strictly as A or B choice

I LOVED in SF4 see the personal rival character with cutscenes intro thing, the one that worked as "sub-boss" before last fight with Seth

Could have liked if SF4 had Seth as final only for these few characters that fought him (or one of his clones) as final opponent: Bison, Ryu, Zangief and Viper iirc

While everybody else could have got just the rival fight as last round

Alex getting Zangief (or Luke getting Guile) as final arcade boss in SFV was touch of class

What i'm saying is that i would still find essential for cast composition to have one char to incarnate the Final Boss concept, even if just few or one (Luke?) end up having him as final battle

Everybody with personal rival, but no clear Final Boss would not satisfy me though

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

Based on previous lore, the Alphabet people should be next in line. The seeds for their story have been sown for decades. It's the only logical "next big bad" that doesn't require a retreading on previous story arcs. That should be the A Plot. It would give us a new final boss and enrich surrounding lore.

I would be open to that, but don't buy alphabet company being the the most hinted Boss we can get

To begin with they did nothing with G (beside declare him as SFV Boss lmao), wonder if like Necalli he was supposed to have a bigger role before SFV retarded management chosen no more time/money for that

We even know by sketch they even at least considered another (possibly more powerful? Or just his real face?) form for him, but never made it to the game

https://i.imgur.com/c6wgdhI.png

As we speak they even lessened him as threat by having Gill and even Rose beat him up... unless he was holding back his true form

Whatever threat is supposed t represent, does'nt seem to be expressed as direct fight thing, he seem more the expression of a big problem rather than a problem himself (in fact does'nt get perceived as evil/enemy)

Idk, would welcome whatever Final Boss not having Psycho Power qor being called Akuma lol

The B Plotline in SF6 IMO should be Neo-Shadaloo. We already have the Avengers in the game, and we have Juri, Ed, and AKI. JP could fit here if he is not Alphabet. There's also something to be said on this front.

Agree on Neo Shadaloo as the B plotline (C plotline being Ryu-Akuma)

Not sure if we necessary need Juri there

AKI would be perfect, would not be surprised if FANG sent her to attack Ed, Falke, Knives and Gorilla one by one and extract in some way the Psycho Power ability they host

Maybe collect the 4 PP parts is the key to resurrect Bison, possible FANG had no problem create a new body-shell but needs PP to fill it

Having said all this, I think their attempt to bring the game back to a street level could entail personal bosses and a temporary shift away from global or large scale threats from clandestine/criminal organizations.

Give me international tournament and some shady tournament owner as final boss, would welcome it

Simple street level small thing pls no, cast already feels too large and international for that, and will grow more

Plus we have a "World Tour" mode

Nah if we don't get another GiJoe shit go for big tournament, would encourage good future cast picks too lol

16 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

We even know by sketch they even at least considered another (possibly more powerful? Or just his real face?) form for him, but never made it to the game

That's what I was thinking. I think this form is kinda like Original/True Necalli concept.

However, I am also open to the idea that G is a herald and not the true face or head of the Alphabet people. Maybe there is something else, more primordial than Gaia can be the final boss. It doesn't *look* like JP is that figure but the concept art could've changed. Maybe JP has an "original" form like G and Necalli?

Edited by Daemos
9 hours ago, Daemos said:

That's what I was thinking. I think this form is kinda like Original/True Necalli concept.

Seems like that, in the sketches black/gray skin was the original "Maximum President"before became gold skin ingame, that form seems on that state (and maybe much more) whole time

However, I am also open to the idea that G is a herald and not the true face or head of the Alphabet people.

Possible, if you listen him he consider himself an herald anyway, just a messenger of Gaia with no personal ambition (see how Rose finds no ambition/greed/evil in him)

But again we don't know shit about them, so who knows

Maybe there is something else, more primordial than Gaia can be the final boss.

Gaia "herself" as planet earth seen as a somehow living/sentient being would be primordial as you can get 😁

Now this is absolutely crazy theory time

Feel like Gaia somehow connected with G turning him into crazy/fanatic, and granting him the ability to absorb energy that flow from the ground into him*

My 2cent the end of everything (caused by abuse of Psycho Power) Rose seen after her fight with G is kind of metaphor for real climate change with violent and unusual atmospherical event

Black Moons PP being used narratively like human-made pollution that broke the balance of earth (Gaia), and the end of everything being the planet violent reaction (Rose hint as a giant tsunami/flood**), as if Gaia want get rid of us as punishment for breaking the balance

After all if we all die we return to be literally part of Gaia, become one with it, as G would say

Gaia possessing an human (G or somebody else) over-charging it of energy till the point he become a monster could be indeed a great boss for SF, but tbh i'm not sure would fit much SF6 from the little i seen

After all Luke is the hero of SF6 and narratively they built him as an enemy of terrorism (think his father death in that explosion and his motivation to join army), more normal human kind of threat.

Ideal final Boss for somebody like Luke imho would be Avel/Death from the cancelled CFAS, who took over Metro City crime world and placed an atomic bomb

Death (Capcom Fighting All-Stars)

"Death is a Code Holder who has planted a bomb, dubbed Laughing Sun, within Metro City. Mike Haggar contacts the other three Code Holders, D.D., Rook and Ingrid, to come in and defuse the bomb. "

Now, imho if they somehow recycle this unused story, maybe with Luke/Jaime/Kimberly(or Li Fen?) replacing D.D./Rook/Ingrid could work with the style of the game and Luke as character

*kinda like Anteus son of GAIA was invincible as long in contact with the ground, so Heracles had to lift him to interrupt the flow of power and kill him

**sound something Secret Society knew from their prophecies,

"Gill organized the World Warrior tournament with the aim of finding those strong enough to be worthy of repopulating humanity after the end of the world. "

make me think G's end of the world and SS one are the same.

Gill never had intention to genocide all weak people (99.999%), but simply to save only the strong when the inevitable happen

Maybe there is something else, more primordial than Gaia can be the final boss. It doesn't *look* like JP is that figure but the concept art could've changed. Maybe JP has an "original" form like G and Necalli?

Everything is possible, but if JP as PP user is anything like Bison i kinda doubt

I mean, sure Shin Bison has been a thing, but aside little graphic changes so far we never got a character that got turned into a "monster" by PP, sure not to the extent of Necalli true form, sketch G, or even just how Akuma and Oro bodies have been affected by ki

Bison so far never shown this kind of transformation, not even under Psycho Drive/Black Moons power-up (even if we don't know effects of longer/greater exposure to BlackMoons power), only effect we seen is faster aging/deterioration

But again, everything is possible and JP may use it differently than Bison

Seems the kind of crazy guy that could pull an Azwell if over-charged after all lol

Spoiler

SOULCALIBUR VI - PS4/XB1/PC - Azwel (Character announcement trailer) -  YouTube

When you're converted into an Azwel main : r/SoulCalibur

Edited by CESTUS III
22 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I like the personal bosses more as it's easier to figure out what actually happened. It makes it easier to write characters if they are not forced to come up with a reason to oppose whoever the boss is.

Only if you're trying to make a story based around Arcade Mode, and trying to make every character's ending canon.

It's much easier to write characters if they just write, you know, a Story Mode, where one story just happens.  Then you can write around a final boss and actually decide which characters fight it, instead of trying to make it so everyone fights it.

17 hours ago, Daemos said:

Based on previous lore, the Alphabet people should be next in line. The seeds for their story have been sown for decades.

Have they though?  Q specifically doesn't have a story.  And G has only been around a couple years.

Edited by DarthEnderX
7 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Have they though?  Q specifically doesn't have a story.  And G has only been around a couple years.

You could argue that it's retroactive. At first, Q was a cryptid; seen in crime scene photos as some sorta witness. Then he started to appear so much that the CIA had to put out a statement, then nothing for a couple of decades in our time, but after the CRI profiles confirmed the old "Q is in Ken's SF2 stage" rumour, that changed things.

So now Q, for whatever reason has been in crime scene photos, but also keeping tabs on Ken. The implications of his boss fight is that he's keeping an eye on strong fighters and challenging them, now for what reason, I don't know.

G showing up seemed to be some random new character push, but then we got hints there's something more, then his stage (whether or not it's canon) ties in with the concept art showing that he's got minions who wear clothing similar to his story costume rather than Q. Gill doesn't recognize him and feels he doesn't fit into the prophecy, but something about his power is similar. We then get the bombshell that G is tied to the apocalypse and that Rose feels she should have focused on him rather than just Bison and Shadaloo.

Also, someone in the comment of one of my videos pointed out something I never noticed. In the CRI profiles, Viper is chasing Q as of SFV. In Urien's story mode, she's tracking "strange, unexplained murders"  when she runs into Urien and says it seems that the common tie is that the murdered victims are tied to the Society. Could Q be investigating this too? Gathering intel for G, or seeking strong fighters to fight G? Too early to say.

All this says to me that G & Q (I DON'T believe they're the same person) are being presented as being around in the SF world for ages, but as we get closer to the "modern age" they're making their presence more known. Q's earliest appearance is now SF2, while G's is unknown, but it seems that in order for Rose's proposed time travel scheme to have any impact, she'd have to go back earlier than Alpha to stop G.

tl:dr version: G & Q have been placed in Street Fighter's history and their stories are slowly unveiling as well as showing they're tied to  something bigger. They're not just random guys.

3 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

So now Q, for whatever reason has been in crime scene photos, but also keeping tabs on Ken. The implications of his boss fight is that he's keeping an eye on strong fighters and challenging them, now for what reason, I don't know.

Could Q be investigating this too? Gathering intel for G, or seeking strong fighters to fight G? Too early to say.

One good question could be to wich extent he can (or want) do these things, Capcom itself say "feels like it's being manipulated from behind the scenes" and also the key holes on his mask imply he's not free to remove the mask

Also, someone in the comment of one of my videos pointed out something I never noticed. In the CRI profiles, Viper is chasing Q as of SFV. In Urien's story mode, she's tracking "strange, unexplained murders"  when she runs into Urien and says it seems that the common tie is that the murdered victims are tied to the Society.

This could mean whoever control Q know well how Secret Society operate and who are their useful puppets around the world

To do a comparision Shadaloo feels clueless about most of SS activities and plans

Q's earliest appearance is now SF2

Actually even if we did'nt seen it has been implied that Q (or somebody that looks like him) appeared much before in SF world, at least 25 years before SF3 events

Oro in SF3TS say

"Hmmmmm, you. I'm sure I saw you around 25 years ago."「う~~~む、おぬし、たしか25年程まえに見かけたのー」

This would place that sighting well before SF1 events, years before it

5 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

The Oro line could be taken at face value, but I remember in the SRK days that, I think it was @Miðgarðsorm, pointed out that it's a reference to Robo Detective K which would have fallen in line with 3S's release. Then again given how big the urban legend is, that amount of time would work too.

Yeah, that may be absolutely be true, but does'nt make it any less usable as piece for the canon puzzle, specially if it comes straight from the game

Lot of SF canon is made of things that are made so because they're a wink/tribute at something from anime, manga, movie or whatever else

Unless Capcom wants to do something new that contradict (and so retcon) previous stuff... so far we have Oro saying to be sure to have seen Q 25 years before SF3, if tomorrow Capcom chose to reveal that Q has been "created" right before SF2, then either Oro never said that, or he was wrong, or Q is'nt the first Q

12 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

To do a comparision Shadaloo feels clueless about most of SS activities and plans

Alternatively, Bison willfully ignores them because he sees them for what they are - a religious cult of insane rich white people - and isn't bothered by their futile pursuits. He was right. 

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Alternatively, Bison willfully ignores them because he sees them for what they are - a religious cult of insane rich white people - and isn't bothered by their futile pursuits. He was right. 

You make it sound like just scientology lol, if I'm not mistaken doesn't the lore basically say they "won" 2,000 years ago and successfully control most of the world as it stands in the SF universe? I know Shadaloo has uprooted things, but isn't the whole reason that the Society is keeping an eye on Shadaloo and messing with their plans in SFV due to Bison's plans affecting Gill's plans for the prophecy and not a threat to the organization as a whole?

1 hour ago, ShockDingo said:

You make it sound like just scientology lol, if I'm not mistaken doesn't the lore basically say they "won" 2,000 years ago and successfully control most of the world as it stands in the SF universe? I know Shadaloo has uprooted things, but isn't the whole reason that the Society is keeping an eye on Shadaloo and messing with their plans in SFV due to Bison's plans affecting Gill's plans for the prophecy and not a threat to the organization as a whole?

The "Society" was hijacked during the time of SF5 and everyone who didn't believe in Gill's plans (The old guard) were killed off. That is what Viper was referring to in Urien's story. So I wouldn't say that SS were really that involved with Shadaloo until Gill saw a pattern and decided to project onto it his own messianic ambitions. The success of Bison's plan would also seal the fate of all future opposition (Bison would become godlike). Gill couldn't risk that, but not at the expense of making sure that the events match the prophecy as close as possible.

I think the SS were keeping an eye on all things in general, but it would be an exaggeration to say they control most of the world. It was likely made up of a lot of influential rich white people and that gave it far reaching tentacles. As an organization though, they were not militarized or open like Shadaloo until Gill and Urien. They had no muscle before and took care to remain hidden. All their high tech seemed to be directed towards preservation and preparation for the end time. 

But yeah I do think they are like Scientology in the sense that they are a cult first and foremost.

Edited by Daemos
6 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

You make it sound like just scientology lol, if I'm not mistaken doesn't the lore basically say they "won" 2,000 years ago and successfully control most of the world as it stands in the SF universe?

Indeed they are

Copy-pasting lot from SF wiki

"The Secret Society in the Street Fighter series has existed for thousand of years in the regions of the world often renowned for their powerful and influential civilizations (most notably Egypt and Greece), manipulating world political, social, military, and even criminal events (Shadaloo included) in order to achieve an ancient apocalyptic prophecy that would lead to a new age dominated by them. "

bit more

Spoiler

"Having existed since the early ages of human civilization, the Secret Society has control over nearly every field of society, with their influence reaching to the upper ranks and hierarchies of governments, corporations, and even the criminal underworld to carry out their bidding.

They are shown to manipulate events and politics throughout the world, and are also seemingly in control of the flow and access of information and knowledge in the world, being shown to hold access to technological and scientific innovations at least generations ahead of what is known to humanity in their current period (e.g. cryogenics and cranial preservation). In addition, they possess knowledge - and proof of existence - of the occult and metaphysical, such as the utilization of ki, chakra, elemental manipulation and harmonizing, and to a lesser extent, magic; they have also created and developed extremely powerful techniques unique only to its members.

According to Gill's conversation with Elena in 2nd Impact, his view of martial arts is seen as a means of power and opposition that "serve solely to assert one's dominance over another", implying that fighting is undeniably valued as a dimension of the Secret Society's greatest aptitudes for showcasing their members' perfection."

6 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

I know Shadaloo has uprooted things, but isn't the whole reason that the Society is keeping an eye on Shadaloo and messing with their plans in SFV due to Bison's plans affecting Gill's plans for the prophecy and not a threat to the organization as a whole?

The irony is that based on what we know i find very likely the opposite, that actually Gill manipulated Bison into do the Moons thing, or at least deviated his plans into take the shape of the Moons

My perspective

Bison's plan does'nt go against Gill's prophecy, Bison's plan IS Gill's prophecy

Gill WANTED and needed Bison to do it, but the plan also involved Bison to die killed by Nash, wich was'nt happening because Rashid's failure at shuts down the Black Moons in time, giving Bison the chance to regenerate with Moons one last time after being defeated, wich resulted in him surviving his encounter with Nash

That very last part of Bison surviving was the not-wanted thing for Gill, everything before was needed to fullfill the prophecy

"When the sun sets on the Soliton Mountain, the black moon will break into seven pieces and fall on the people "Ultania". Nothing can prevent this... Death and destruction will violate the land. Misery and suffering will assault the people... Then, after 130 days of nothingness, a boy who controls the elements will come to save the people."
-From the Book of Miraha 3:11-, Gill's ending, Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact

For Gill the problem was that the true prophecy was supposed to happen 200 years after SF days, so does'nt apply to him. Timeline can't match and even "boy who controls elements" does'nt say much, as control elements is common in SS

Is true that Gill is the only we seen to control 2 (likely due his personality, elements in SS are said to be given by affinity), but even this is'nt a first time ever as it's mentioned that so far the max has been 3, so according to SS Gill is'nt the best ever at control elements

Another important factor and i think a possible push to action is that by SS rules Gill is supposed to have only a limited amount of years as Emperor: the new President (or in rare case Emperor) of SS is supposed to to rule only for 24 years, then to give up his position (to a new 22yo candidate) at 46

What could break that and give him the possibility to extend that position of power from 24y to whole life is being recognized as the boy of the prophecy, the saviour of people

So he caused an artificial one, influencing someway Bison's ambition into take the shape of the Moons of the prophecy (wonder if FANG may be a traitor, after all SS had people into criminal organization too)

the black moon will break into seven pieces and fall on the people "Ultania". Nothing can prevent this... -> this is easy, make Bison do the Moons thing, shut them down, activate plan B of make them crash on earth

Death and destruction will violate the land. Misery and suffering will assault the people...-> Moons aftermath (Rose even recognize all that PP still ruin the world, imagine if moons crashed), let everything be ugly for a while

Then, after 130 days of nothingness, a boy who controls the elements will come to save the people.-> Gill showing up just in perfect time to fit the prophecy

Interessing thing i seen taking these pieces from the wiki, what i find a correct read of events

"However, it is ultimately unknown what the direction of the Secret Society had in mind for those bleak times; Urien's goals were to stop the commencement of the superweapons from ever being deployed and activated, while Gill and Kolin seemingly desired the end results of Shadaloo's possibly greatest act of terrorism committed. "

That shit right there 😀

Btw Nash not killing Bison was'nt even bad (as Ryu did it anyway), but because moons did'nt crashed aftermath was'nt so terrible and prophecy chance for Gill is gone

Him revealing himself to the world is because he has been forced to adapt to this new scenario where use the prophecy (and be recognized by SS as ultimate humanity saviour) is no more an option, so he switched to seek the recognization outside SS straight from all humanity itself, and arranged the fight with G to use him as world streaming platform

If he could not use the apocalyptic effect of moons crashing, he will appear quickly after ASF events while at least people still remember the fear of these moments and will be willing to welcome a strong saviour able to protect them from shit like that

17 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

"However, it is ultimately unknown what the direction of the Secret Society had in mind for those bleak times; Urien's goals were to stop the commencement of the superweapons from ever being deployed and activated, while Gill and Kolin seemingly desired the end results of Shadaloo's possibly greatest act of terrorism committed. "

That shit right there 😀

The Black Moons have both an active and passive effect. The active effect is the detonation, while the passive effect acts like a negative aura/magnet.

Nobody but Shadaloo wanted the active effect to take place. Literally it would've sent the world back to the stone ages, and Bison would become an even greater obstacle to Gill.

I think you are giving too much credit to Gill in this case, when there are credible signs that Bison's plan for the Black Moons was already in development during SF2/4. Those plans that Vega stole at the end of SF4, BLECE, SIN, and even Seth's final words to Ryu in his SF4 ending - Everything was set in motion long before SF5 and one could even argue before Gill took power.

Gill saw an opportunity after he learned about what Shadaloo is plotting (from Urien/Kolin/Balrog during SF5) and decided this the moment to make his move. 

Edited by Daemos

6HRyafheFQkbBOF3PfzGAwZacYB02RZK2PbwHip9

when exactly did Ryu start wearing the Red Headband?

Did he wore it immediately or later when he confronts Bison? 

It was on Bison's Ending but not in Sakura Ending

So it's likely that Sakura's ending happened first than Ken 

Was there a source material that kinda tell it when?

------------------------------------------------------

I have confusion lately does Sagat versus Ryu in Alpha 2 did happen? there are many contradicting sources

The last one I know officially didn't, but do that still hold up today when SFV and it's arcade route?

This was base from ALPHA1 

X6enzEW.png

Then in his ALPHA2 ending became the SF2 Arcade route ending and being merge with SFAlpha2 ending.

YDzs1BP.png

XdGQqf4.png

T3H65cR.jpg

Edited by Shakunetsu
On 9/7/2022 at 4:08 AM, Daemos said:

The Black Moons have both an active and passive effect. The active effect is the detonation, while the passive effect acts like a negative aura/magnet.

Nobody but Shadaloo wanted the active effect to take place. Literally it would've sent the world back to the stone ages, and Bison would become an even greater obstacle to Gill.

I think you are giving too much credit to Gill in this case, when there are credible signs that Bison's plan for the Black Moons was already in development during SF2/4. Those plans that Vega stole at the end of SF4, BLECE, SIN, and even Seth's final words to Ryu in his SF4 ending - Everything was set in motion long before SF5 and one could even argue before Gill took power.

Gill saw an opportunity after he learned about what Shadaloo is plotting (from Urien/Kolin/Balrog during SF5) and decided this the moment to make his move. 

If i'm right on that theory, the passive/"magnet" effect (Plan A) would be a very nice way to get Bison approve the project, as plan A would greatly benefit him while at worst the active/moons falls effect (Plan B) would still somehow benefit him (panic, fear etc) and nobody else

If you know nothing about SS prophecy or Gill's ambitions sounds like a great flawless plan for Shadaloo

Also greatly disagree on Bison benefitting more than Gill with a "world back to the stone ages"

Bison greatly needs tech

He's living in an imperfect body wich is deteriorating, needs the tech to create clones to have next empty shell to live in

And without external storage offered by Moons he's just basic Bison

Plan B Bison is definitely weaker than Plan A Bison. Plan B is essentially a fuck you move in case anybody ruin Plan A, but Plan A is the most desiderable situation

On other hand actually Gill desire that reset of civilization, as some sort of return to the garden of Eden

Gill does'nt need tech, he just want to create a new world/mankind with the survivors and be the living deity of it

Gill (Street Fighter)    Gill (Street Fighter)

Would make LOT of sense if Gill wanted push it only to later fuck up Plan A (something Kolin worked for in ASF), shutting down Moons leading to Plan B, wich is the real wanted outcome and the one he really needed to create a farce where the prophecy is happening today, and he is the mythical "boy who control elements"

Kolin also clearly knew well the tech of Moons, in fact she was the one explaining Rashid how chess pieces could shut down the Moons (and lead to Plan B protocol), essentially is possible she tricked Rashid into believe stop Plan A would have saved the world, while on reality would have end up triggering the even worse Plan B.

But Rashid fucked both Bison and Gill by REALLY saving the world, as his dead hacker friend knew about B Plan too and how truly deactivate Moons

If that plan worked only thing left to do would have been kill Bison who was no more needed

And what's the other thing Kolin did in ASF beside tell Rashid how to stop Plan A? She built an human weapon in Nash with that specific duty

Nash proven to be indeed able to defeat Bison, but the plan to kill him involved Moons being shut down (and in fact Nash proof to knew this strategy saying "too late", realizing Rashid has been too slow)

It's hilarious how Rashid somehow may have fucked SS plans twice by both being not good enough (causing failed assassination of Bison) but also too good (managing to stop also Plan B thanks to hacker friend)

I'm basing it on what we know and what we seen

- As far we can tell Secret Society may be great at read future/make prophecies, but the moons one definitely IS'NT what we see in ASF. Not only the outcome is different (the moons don't fall on earth), but more than that the timing is wrong by a good 200 years

-Yet operation C.H.A.I.N.S. literally replicate (if done in  "plan B" way) the prophecy events, so is either intentional attempt by somebody to artificially replicate the prophecy or an immense coincidence (you know, not every day 7 moons fall on earth causing giant destruction), twice as coincidence it happening exactly when it's Gill time... what a lucky guy

-Gill consider that specific prophecy the one that will legitimate his role as Saviour, so nobody on earth had greater interest at make it happen

-Would not be even first time Gill manipulate a rival giving him a fake empty prize to look at, while he's aiming at the big one (let Urien win the "fight" for Presidency, while he was aiming at Emperor throne)

-We know SS manipulate governments and criminal orgs, and they don't seem to consider touch Shadaloo too much different: both Kolin and Urien mess with Shadaloo stuff

Also when early tech has been invented is not much relevant as SS could have got people in Shadaloo for a long time.

Notice also i did'nt said SS/Gill necessary created the tech for Moons, but that could have influenced Shadaloo into use their tech to realize a project with that specific modality to fit prophecy

Btw fact Kolin knowing so much of Moons say it's likely she got people inside that know very well the project

-Kolin tells Rashid how to stop Plan A, but tells him nothing about Plan B. If Rashid did only what Kolin told him to do, Plan B would have happened (and so the fake prophecy)

Of course is possible Kolin did'nt knew shit about Plan B, yet curious that this specific ignorance would have leaded to Gill's ideal scenario

As usual we have no proof till Capcom chose otherwise, but some "coincidences" are bit hard to ignore

Edited by CESTUS III