Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

50 minutes ago, Dracu said:

G is the American persona, while JP will be the Russian persona. After all, G was SFV's "boss" and JP is SFVI's. I expect a tweaked moveset, same as between G and Q, but evoking that same style.

So far we have only the word of the leaker, but all he said about his moves was that JP use Psycho Power, does'nt mention him having similarity in moveset (guess you mean like Q -> G)

Another point that make me hesitant is that they have different type of energy

I can imagine how it COULD have happened that G may end up corrupted by psycho power (SFV hint excess of PP does'nt only disturb living beings but earth itself, and G absorb earth energy), but that would be a stretch to make it fit the idea that G and JP are same person

Also JP seems to have darker skin with no sign of gold, white eyes, white hair (but this could fit due timeskip)

So far i like more the idea JP is simply one of the 3 Psycho Power disciples (one being Bison) that is interested in Neo Shadaloo

But this theory may fall too (at least the Neo Shadaloo part), as we know that Ed is not in launch cast, so JP at least for now must have another plan

Wonder if they recycled Avel concept into JP, with him taking over Metro City

59 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I’d love it to be G, but I think it’s just JP in an alternate costume. The costume does resemble G’s but like how he had a costume to reference Q, JP may have one to shout out G. His facial hair looks more like JP going by the images we have and the  braid he has could just be something added for the alternate costume. 

Plus we have seen Manon in the same video having a different look to what may be her default.

IMG_4505.jpg
IMG_4512.jpg

Certainly could be possible, but like I said earlier, everyone had the 1 themed image and then the group shot. Even though  Manon was in an alt outfit, it was in the featured 1 theme image and then was in her default costume in the group shot. I'm probably reading too much into this theming though.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

IMG_4512.jpg

Thanks to this zoom i realized that's not just a gold medal, but an olympics one

Spoiler

Here's how much money a Canadian Olympic medal winner earns | Offside

Ever more convinced she's going to be 50% Judo (where she won the gold) and 50% Savate (blue suit with french stripes)

Spoiler

US Savate Federation – US Savate Federation

Judo is one of the very few asian martial arts in the olympics: Judo, Taekwondo*

TKD i doubt, we have Juri covering that, while Judo is unrepresented and France LOVE it

*Karate just made it once at last Japan ones, will disappear next

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Ever more convinced she's going to be 50% Judo (where she won the gold) and 50% Savate (blue suit with french stripes)

Not to mention Savate is the only remaining martial art about which Ikki Kajiwara spoke in his hugely influential Karate Baka Ichidai that Capcom never represented. Capcom even thought about Capoeira (also mentioned in KBI) long before Elena while developing the SF2 prototype back in 1988, but never touched Savate.

EDIT: Yeah, I know Capcom passed off whatever REMY does as Savate, but come on.

Edited by Miðgarðsorm

I can't wait to see the mastermind behind the sinister activity in this game. I always look forward to that the most when it comes to the story.

Fc49SCKWYAAHyne?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Karin's story teased an upcoming tournament in New York, though nothing came of it. The part about them choosing the participants makes it sound like it would've been a tournament hosted by the Kanzuki Family. 

Makes me wonder if SF6 is going to go back to the tournament format for the story. 

3 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Karin's story teased an upcoming tournament in New York, though nothing came of it. The part about them choosing the participants makes it sound like it would've been a tournament hosted by the Kanzuki Family. 

Makes me wonder if SF6 is going to go back to the tournament format for the story. 

If Karin's tournament gets revisited I want it to work like it did in the Sakura Ganbaru manga with the battle city format.

Edited by Hawkingbird
2 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Not to mention Savate is the only remaining martial art about which Ikki Kajiwara spoke in his hugely influential Karate Baka Ichidai that Capcom never represented. Capcom even thought about Capoeira (also mentioned in KBI) long before Elena while developing the SF2 prototype back in 1988, but never touched Savate.

EDIT: Yeah, I know Capcom passed off whatever REMY does as Savate, but come on.

Poor Remy, was'nt all trash 🤣

Irony is i actually wanted Remy to return because i ever hope to get as many nation-style reps as possible, and Remy was the closest to France-Savate we got

Tbh they even did some things right at sell the concept of the classic lean/elastic savateur that kicks with the foot with whip like movement
I liked stuff like this

Spoiler

remy-lk.gifremy-hkc.gifremy-mk.gifremy-hk.gif

But yeah, for the most part it was'nt good representation 🤣

Let's see if they do better with Manon, the idea of get a lean woman that does Savate and Judo intrigues me because both styles have kinda common traits in the way they worship fluidity and timing over strenght

Wonder if they will recycle the physically weak french judoka they had in mind with the very first (i think) prototype Abel concept

Spoiler

Street Fighter IV's Abel before he bulked up | Engadget

Manon does'nt seem weak though... very lean for sure, but still give me "superathlete" vibes, be it for the golden medal or her wearing training weights at wrists/ankles

I don't see a lot of potential henchmen on the launch roster for JP. Ed was the obvious one from the leaked roster, but now it's up in the air. He could hire Juri, and Manon may be villainous.

With the way they are presenting the "campaign", I think you will unravel the story through your avatar, unlocking parts of the puzzle from each section of the world. This could mean that JP has NPC's like Bosch and Byron or masked Q-like agents as minions.

edit-

I see Johann Paapovich or Palpovich or Pavpovich. There's definitely 2 Ps in there.

Edited by Daemos
7 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Pavlovich

I vaguely recall seeing this surname right up in some character bios for minor SF/FF characters. Can anybody that has all those translations check for a character that has that name? 

3 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Take that, Chunners!

Odd it took until SF6 for her to full on parody Chun-Li. Adds a interesting facet to Juri. 

13 minutes ago, N-Tactix said:

I vaguely recall seeing this surname right up in some character bios for minor SF/FF characters. Can anybody that has all those translations check for a character that has that name? 

The only vague connection I can think about now is the crime boss Boris Rodčenko from the Underground Arena in SF5... But he was a different character (MAYBE).

Incidentally, surnames ending in -enko are traditionally Ukrainian, not Russian... That'd be a bit controversial now.
Also, unless that dot in the P is purely for show, @Daemosis right. That's Papovič. Or, more correctly, Popovič: since Russian vowels are pronounced differently when they're not stressed, and the stress is on the second syllable (Popóvič), the first O becomes pronounced more like A... So it makes sense that they went with Papovič while transliterating the name into Latin characters. @PVL_93_RUcould confirm. The rare "Papovich" that pops here and there is mostly due to erroneous transliterations from Russian to English (also č -> ch, for typesetting reasons and because most people would not know how to read č anyway). However, since that makes the name more correctly pronounceable by English speakers, not all evil comes to harm.

59 minutes ago, Daemos said:

She was a weapon of mass destruction on legs. A being of pure chaos. Now she's addicted to social media.

I don't see any difference in meaning between the first two sentences and the last one. 🤔

8 hours ago, Daemos said:

I'm actually surprised they revealed his name. You had to dig hard to find out what any of the SF5 acronyms meant.

Think this further remove him from the alphabet people theory

The letters are'nt used as some codename there, are just the initials like John Pierpont Morgan became famous simply as JP Morgan

Fun thing

John Pierpont

Johann Papovič

First name is pretty close, in the second they still sneaked in a "po"

5 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Think this further remove him from the alphabet people theory

Unfortunately I am inclined to agree. However he could still represent a new organization.

And he could still be that JP Morgan stereotype we talked about. Then throw in some "Russian Oligarch" on top which is all the rage in 22.

Edited by Daemos
3 hours ago, Daemos said:

They're softening up her image unfortunately. She was a weapon of mass destruction on legs. A being of pure chaos. Now she's addicted to social media.

I'm fine with them evolving her character to just be a nutjob troll.

Guessing AKI will be the new female villain after Kolin is gone.

9 hours ago, Daemos said:

I don't see a lot of potential henchmen on the launch roster for JP. Ed was the obvious one from the leaked roster, but now it's up in the air. He could hire Juri, and Manon may be villainous.

Well, we should consider Season 1 characters may be ready at launch (or at least part of them), think like in SFV's ASF

On top of the ones that will actually fight in a match with moveset (think S1 in ASF) there could be also characters that are shown but don't fight directly as they will come later (Kolin and Ed in ASF)

Last, sadly (as i like it) Capcom seems to don't use ever the henchmen/sub-boss characters gimmick, watch what followed Bison

Gill -> have Kolin, but became an ingame thing only in SFV

Seth -> had nobody, later Juri was added and she pretended to work for him a bit

Necalli -> he's alone

G -> Ingame nobody... may have Hakan, Elena and Dan now, but we don't know if they will use it someway or was just an ending gimmick

Sadly in SF only Sagat and Bison had proper sub-bosses

Hope they will return to that "Shadakings" logic with JP, we will see

So far will still stick with the idea he took over (or even invented) Neo Shadaloo, with Ed as playable sub-boss and Falke, "Knife" and Baba Mwalimu as NPCs (because fuck them eating slots lol)

If he will not be NS related we will see i guess

Thinking outside NS, maybe Marisa could play well the badass bodyguard role Sagat played for Bison back to SF2 i think, AKI could play nicely a role with traits of FANG and Vega... that would be already a couple of hench(wo)men... wich is not Shadakings, but more than Gill have/use lol

Plus if we want to believe in S1 being 6, there are still couple of characters to discover

I'm gonna guess that AKI killed FANG the way he killed to get all the way to the top. But that's probably what he wanted - sort of a test to see if she is ready. She's probably gonna finish his life's work and help bring back Bison.

Marisa actually looks like a villain now that I think about it. Perhaps she is JP's bruiser.

1 hour ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Incidentally, surnames ending in -enko are traditionally Ukrainian, not Russian... That'd be a bit controversial now.

Unrelated, but back when Kolin was released I had this feeling/idea that she might have been meant to be either Ukrainian or from some other post-Soviet state rather than Russian. Her story had something to do with her unspecified country being engulfed in war or something like that, and at the time it kinda reminded me of the Donbas deal or other post-Soviet conflicts.

Hard to say because in SFV Capcom went for that policy where they avoided giving specific nationalities to SF characters, even when they were obvious (like Falke being blatantly German with her EX moves having the color of the German flag), probably to avoid any potential controversy. Capcom being Capcom, they decided that the best moment to go back to giving characters nationalities was, of course, in the middle of the largest war in Europe since WW2.

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

I'm gonna guess that AKI killed FANG the way he killed to get all the way to the top. But that's probably what he wanted - sort of a test to see if she is ready. She's probably gonna finish his life's work and help bring back Bison.

AKI may simply still be FANG's disciple and being sent to work for JP as he could be useful to resurrect Bison, specially if he's controlling NS and the 4 parts of Bison power 

Ed and Falke would recognize FANG, he can't do it himself 

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I think AKI works for the organization FANG originally belong to before swearing his loyalty to shadowloo.

That organization was absorbed into Shadaloo and many of its members destroyed by Bison. FANG was the only survivor IIRC. AKI was recruited after after ASF and is very likely the girl in the Phantom short story. In that story, it is implied that FANG still seeks to bring back Bison/Shadaloo. If AKI is indeed Phantom then he might've instructed her to be faithful to the cause.

5 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Unrelated, but back when Kolin was released I had this feeling/idea that she might have been meant to be either Ukrainian or from some other post-Soviet state rather than Russian. Her story had something to do with her unspecified country being engulfed in war or something like that, and at the time it kinda reminded me of the Donbas deal or other post-Soviet conflicts.

Kolin is likely supposed to be ukranian indeed, from Kiev to be even more specific

Would never find it, but back to SRK found out her army logo (aside obviously remind Gill colors) was essentially a graphical re-elaboration of Kiev coat of arms

Spoiler

History of Kyiv - Wikipedia

wich was extra interesting because most important symbol and saint protector of Kiev was the warrior Archangel Michael, wich may have pushed Kolin to live this

Spoiler

Kolin's story mode artwork for Street Fighter 5 4 out of 13 image gallery

even more as a miracle and to quickly become a 100% believer, wonder if she even seen him do Seraphic Wings super lol

@Darc_Requiem

Rewatching another video have to correct my previous guess about max height, seems "100" is taller than i expected

https://i.ibb.co/TgQQs6h/max-height.jpg

Considering without pedestal 6'1/185cm Luke will have face just bit above stomach, i think max is around 7'3/220... like we may make a proper height FANG

There will still be the problem of bulk and hand/head/feet size to create a non lanky char of that height (ever considering Capcom style proportions)

Example even if he's way less bulky than Zangief, not sure max stats will let us do a decent Azam, let alone a much more massive T.Hawk

Still like i'll be able to do FANG and Abdul Jabbar version of King Cobra... if i will get waaay lot more slots more than 12, i think i will create both King Cobra concepts as brothers, guess i'll need good name for one of the two 😄

Esteeban on Twitter: "So for my Bday today my wish is this: @CapcomUSA_  this is it! This is your chance to finally debut "King Cobra" into the SF  roster! Pls make him

Really hope that vertical bar mean something like at least 50, even just based on what seem doable watching , my updated madness today is already at

Spoiler

SF vets

Abel

Elena

Fei Long

Dudley

Seth

Adon (if i find decent solution for hairs)

Guy

Alex

Laura (but needs Manon to be really Judo-based lol)

FANG (if AKI use poison)

Necro

Sean

Retsu

R.Mika

Hakan (if i find decent solution for hairs)

Remy

Makoto

Gen

El Fuerte (if we get luchador masks)

Lucia

SF NPCs/lore chars

Tom

Azam

Byron

Haggar

Coach Yoko

Smolt Raven (will pick SF4 version)

Mel (early teen)

Sheera

Paulk Hogen

Goutetsu

30 without count personal original characters (at least 4-6), SFEX, Capcom dropped concepts, Capcom Guest, SNK/Namco/Sega Guest, Baki/Kengan Guest 🤣

THEN they will release more characters and pieces

Another Thrilla in Manila: Five Reasons Why the Next Majors Will Be Held in  the Philippines | INQUIRER.net

Silly me thinking my job at 8WR was done... now is designing characters AND compose movesets 😱

Just When I Thought I Was Out GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by CESTUS III
21 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Interestingly, the first bar is "height". The SECOND bar, still at 33, is... "SITTING height". I think that would influence your bulk as well.

i think it mean the hips height, to adjust torso/legs ratio 

Pretty cool btw, was just thinking torso was way too long in that pic 

Guess could inded boost a bit bulk max indeed if we're willing to sacrifice some legs, wonder if width will increase as the torso gets longer, or if there will be a max width

Could come useful for short legs char like Hakan or Rufus (even if editor will never reach Rufus levels of fat lol) 

Edited by CESTUS III
19 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Depending on the character slot situation, I may pull a Soul Calibur VI and buy the game on more than one platform for the additional character creation slots. 

I think there may be waaay cheaper, total free solution (that give you way more slots too) 😄

I may be wrong, but we probably can do multiple different saves that you can upload on PSN

Like on first save #1 you flled the 50(?) slots, save and upload on psn

Day after you erase all characters and start a new collection, then create a #2 save it as ANOTHER save without replace the previous one (data of creation will also tell you wich save is 1st, 2nd etc)

In theory that way you should be able to have on a single copy multiple different saves, each with different 50 slots

Now i'm no technerd so at do something like that (specially at erase all chars part) i will be like

Sweating GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

but probably you can simply do some test on some game you don't give fucks about, and try create different saves there, till the point you're comfortable doing it and sure of what you do

This a theory, but i think should work

Edited by CESTUS III
4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I want to know what the deal with Damnd is. He is unusually prominent for a character who isn't playable. Is he going to be a major villain I'm world tour?

They showed a brief Final Fight mode in World Tour. He's probably a boss of that mode. Or if Mad Gear is really behind what happened to Ken, maybe he's tied into that.