Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

iC3R2d9.png

Guile to Chun-Li: "You've retired from investigation work? The caliber of your techniques say otherwise."

Thoughts: I'm optimistic that these two are still good friends even into their older years. Guile notes that even after retirement, Chun-Li has never let up on her training, implying that she could easily jump back in whenever she wants and wouldn't miss a beat.  

Good quote, still mad respect between the two.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Based on precedent, yes.

4 characters in year one would be dismal and incompatible with the business model they are aiming for (having us be present in the battle hub daily).

Tbh i would wait at assume shit, good way to get burnt

Btw my guess is at very first they wanted to do 16 + 6 DLC

Then probably seen on teh internet we people expected more, and started guess how many turn in launch cast and here we are at 18, with them thinking they did good gesture and audience forever be like "not enough"

Of course i was praying for 22 too, not for the money but because will pass LOT of time now before see anything beyond the 22

Btw i want be optimistic and think 6 is the magic number

So, Season1 being. Ed, AKI, Rashid, Akuma, 1 male, 1 female

If i can chose... considering Ed can give me some sort of boxing (still need pure boxer like Dudley or Rog though, S2 pls) guess i would go to Muay Thai, so Sagat or Adon for male slot.

For female i was inclined to say Elena, but i think i can recreate her pretty well as temporary (or definitive🥲) replacement*

Give me Laura or Kolin

Btw give me multiple slots for character creation and i will go through the wait like nothing 🤩

*using my CAS eye ( @Darc_Requiem)  and what we seen so far, list of pretty doable stuff that can be done well, as long we get decent pieces

👇

Spoiler

Would use LOT of chars for each mix (example for single normals), but mention just main ones

From creation vid i seen would say any "extreme" char beyond 2 meters tall and crazy proportions like Zangief or Hugo are impossible

Elena -> stealing kicks from Juri, Jaime and maybe Blanka

Abel -> likely Marisa and Luke will help here

Sean -> easy

Fei Long -> surely going to be tricky af, but i think Ken (fire kicks FTW), Chun Li and Jaime will get the job done

Dudley -> need at least Ed though, but temporary solution may steal some punches from Guile, DeeJay, Ken

Seth (SF4) -> stealing moves from lot of people will make this easy lol

Guy -> take back every drop of bushinryu from Kimberly, then add more male stuff

Adon (may be challenging) -> stance and some moves from Juri for sure, Dee Jay will help too

Hakan -> bit of Honda, Zangief and Blanka mix. Wonder if we can take Jaime's drinking as oil replacement

Necro -> Sim and Blanka would help for sure,some Rashid too, really tricky part would be recreate properly as possible the look

Retsu -> more worried at get actual  Shoring Kempo outfit, moveset will be easy

Alex -> guess Guile, Zangief and Marisa

🔥

These just the first that come to mind (with the little we seen), much more can be surely done

And this without counting all other Capcom stuff, SFEX and SNK ones i will inevitably do lol

And original characters, OMG 😱

But give me 99 slots capcom, i filled quickly the 100 SC6 ones after all 🙏

Watch them give us 1 slot 🥲

A little nuance about Ken.

His Japanese profile says
ある事件により組織犯罪の首謀者という嫌疑をかけられたため、家族の元を離れ地位を捨てて潜伏している。

He was suspected of being the leader of a criminal organisation, so he left his family and went into hiding.

He wasn't simply "orchestrating a criminal plot", he was suspected of being the boss of a criminal organisation. More than likely that's Mad Gear. Obviously Damnd's doing, because no one would believe Abigail shouting "HE'S MY BOSS, I SWEAR", come on. If that's the case, I wonder whether Cody would appear or not. After all, it's more or less exactly what happened to him... Except that Cody went in prison and Ken is a fugitive. Kimberly is already a connection with the FF characters...

XTET4yd.png

Chun-Li to Kimberly: "It makes me feel old to say this, but... your youth is downright blinding."

Thoughts: I'll let my personal thoughts out of the way first: After the leaks, the new character that I was excited for the most was Kimberly. She just looked so popping, so exciting from first glance, and I had a feeling she was going to be someone captivating when we get a first look. And man, I was 100% sold on her at the end of EVO. Such pop and personality, I would agree with Chun's last part of the quote, blinding indeed.

Overall, this quote may feel like a "Millennial vs Gen Z" jab, Chun ackowleging she getting up there in age might suggest so. But it's just a friendly compliment to a future (Ninja) star in the world of fighting. Kimberly has got it all, much more spunk, energy, hype, and charisma than Chun did when she was younger. Nothing but a bright colorful future for Kimberly (spray painted or otherwise).

KxR3iUh.png

Ken to Chun-Li: "If an investigation is required, I'll cooperate.  But the last thing I need is your help."

Thoughts: Jesus Ken, what kind of fucked up shit did you get yourself involved with?

I'm also not sure if Ken is aware that Chun-Li isn't part of any police organization anymore, so him cooperating with them or not should have no bearing on Chun-Li. Unless Chun-Li could use her connections to find out some information from interpol to find out what's going on.

But Ken and Chun-Li have been on the same side against Seth in Ties That Bind, and against M. Bison in A Shadow Falls. I think by now, Chun-Li has earned Ken's trust as a fighter and as a friend. So I'm curious if there is something bigger at play that Ken isn't telling anybody. Like I would need more information to understand why he can't confide in someone he trusts. I don't think it's a pride thing. Or maybe he's avoiding Chun-Li for her protection?

I have so many questions now!

Edited by Chun-Li_Forever

The "rival" guy from World Tour gives me major male Chun Li vibes, the bracelet thing and the colour and style of his top. Sorry if it's been mentioned already, each of the two threads I watch here have been moving fast and have merged into one in my brain. Maybe it's just a nod to customisation, mind.

unknown.png?width=532&height=654

unknown.png

Edited by JustBooming
36 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Mad Gear was a street gang. I can't see them having the kind of power capable of framing someone as wealthy as Ken.

Oh, it could be anyone, but Mad Gear was far from being just a "street gang". Belger was a wealthy businessman. Rolento was tasked with the surveillance of their drug facility. Even with those two gone (I doubt Rolento would come back to ally with Mad Gear again), Mad Gear could still have someone else as the backup mastermind. JP seems a likely candidate, but anyway we still don't know anything.

Oh, also Lily female Hawk confirmed.

CONDOR DIVE!

12 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Nah, it's Shadaloo.  Bison's new body is a Ken clone.

Ironically, that would end up reusing an old discarded idea that AKIMAN wrote for prototype Seth back in SFIV, when he envisioned PUTIN (yes, THAT Putin) being kidnapped and substituted with a Shadaloo-controlled clone. Prototype Abel (still called Maurice Moreau), the French jūdō champ, was the only one who knew, so he was targeted by Shad.

2 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

A little nuance about Ken.

His Japanese profile says
ある事件により組織犯罪の首謀者という嫌疑をかけられたため、家族の元を離れ地位を捨てて潜伏している。

He was suspected of being the leader of a criminal organisation, so he left his family and went into hiding.

He wasn't simply "orchestrating a criminal plot", he was suspected of being the boss of a criminal organisation.

Cool, this mean somebody managed to connect Ken's billions to org crime activities, seems high level move

2 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

If that's the case, I wonder whether Cody would appear or not. After all, it's more or less exactly what happened to him... Except that Cody went in prison and Ken is a fugitive. 

Did'nt considered that, it's true

Cody is also in same position that Haggar had back then (well, aside debt of gratitude)

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Mad Gear was a street gang. I can't see them having the kind of power capable of framing someone as wealthy as Ken.

Was far from being just a street org, Mad Gear was Metro City mafia, simple as that

They controlled whole city, they corrupted police and likely corrupted/submitted every mayor before Haggar

A very cool gimmick of FF was that stage after stage instead end up in ever worse places, each area was bit nicer (and background skyscrapers a bit closer) than previous ones, because the real head of MGG lived far from dirty streets, his HQ was in best area and inside looked almost like a castle (you was going to resque a princess after all)

The whole street gang look was a farce in the very same way Belger was'nt truly on wheelchair, his strategy ever been pretend to be weaker and less healthy than he really was

Good question would be wich is MGG level today

1 minute ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

That was my reaction as well when I read all that nonsense on his Twitter, a second before bursting into laughter.

Anyway, I saved the jpgs, so just to prove it... Here's PUTIN'S DOUBLE (actually a robot, not a clone. I misremembered).
AKIMANputin.jpg
To Akiman's credit, even him wrote "if you think we can't use the Russian president, just create a fictitious Eastern European republic, "SOMETHINGSTAN" or whatever."

23 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

That was my reaction as well when I read all that nonsense on his Twitter, a second before bursting into laughter.

Anyway, I saved the jpgs, so just to prove it... Here's PUTIN'S DOUBLE (actually a robot, not a clone. I misremembered).
AKIMANputin.jpg
To Akiman's credit, even him wrote "if you think we can't use the Russian president, just create a fictitious Eastern European republic, "SOMETHINGSTAN" or whatever."

Is the capital of Somethingstan called Acity?

Fam, we are gonna EAT WELL with Street Fighter 6.

The lore is already off the charts.

WAIT!

JP.

JP Morgan.

One of the richest men ever that united business interests by consolidating companies. JP is the money man. Shadaloo HAD to be getting financing somewhere...could that source be JP?

JP gobbled up the Masters company with a hostile takeover after making it look like Ken was into shady business...because JP is into that shady business...which is also why he's taking in Ed.

Mark my words, this dude is gonna be like Street Fighter Revolver Ocelot. He has 'string puller' written all over him

EDIT

Also we have G proclaiming himself "President of the World"

...but we should have learned something from SF3 and Urien...

You can be president and still be under an emperor

Edited by YagamiFire
1 hour ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

AKIMANputin.jpg

guess this was evolution of same concept, they mention Akiman too

https://media.eventhubs.com/images/2016/05/01_chara02.jpg

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

Fam, we are gonna EAT WELL with Street Fighter 6.

The lore is already off the charts.

WAIT!

JP.

JP Morgan.

One of the richest men ever that united business interests by consolidating companies. JP is the money man. Shadaloo HAD to be getting financing somewhere...could that source be JP?

JP gobbled up the Masters company with a hostile takeover after making it look like Ken was into shady business...because JP is into that shady business...which is also why he's taking in Ed.

Mark my words, this dude is gonna be like Street Fighter Revolver Ocelot. He has 'string puller' written all over him

Okay but haven't we been here before? So many people here did not want another Bison/Shadaloo situation and now almost 10 years later we may be at the precipice of another Shadaloo extension chapter. 

A power-hungry man wielding Psycho Power (allegedly) with what looks like a Neo-Shadaloo Owl brooch running a former division of Shadaloo that grew out of the vacuum and cannibalized its resources. This more or less sounds like Seth/SIN TBH and we know how this ends... Their avarice will beckon their true master from the beyond. They won't let him rest (for a season or two). 😭 

I am definitely all for JP being a money man. I think Shadaloo covers the military angle, Gill covers the religion angle, and now we need someone to cover the capitalism angle.

Edited by Daemos

I think people didn't want a rehash of SFA and SF2 with Bison trying to take over the world through vague fighting-stuff.

If we build on the lore and push forward a narrative of the 'future' of Psycho Power with Ed being used by the ghost of Psycho Power past with JP (potentially) while struggling with Bison...that actually kind of lets Ed deal with stuff similar to Evil Ryu while also creating a situation that lets JP mess with A LOT of moving parts.

Indulge speculation from me for a bit: We know for a fact that Bison was aware of the Secret Society. We know Shadaloo still exists 'in some form' during SFIII and that we are now post-SFIII and are seeing a neo-Shadaloo with what appears to be JP as the head.

We know Gill is not defeated.

We now have to face whether JP and Gill are allies or enemies...and what Shadaloo's real relationship with the Secret Society is.

However...we also have some other interesting info including G and Q. G, Q, JP...all letter symbols. Related? Possibly.

Now, none of this is going to be necessarily what I think is happening...more what I'd myself do based on what we know and have seen...

Ideally, I'd love to see JP be someone that is a chessmaster and that has had people inside organizations for a while now. G? Works for JP. Q? Punishment for failing JP.

This new age of SF has been RIFE with letters but we haven't really thought about that much.

S.I.N.
F.A.N.G.
G
Q
A.K.I.

What do they ALL have in common? They're all parts of organizations. Hell throw in the C.I.A. from Q's ending.

And now we've got this dapper mofo JP showing up with Neo-Shadaloo regalia that Ed seems to also be wearing? I'd connect all those dots. JP is a financier. A fellow Psycho Power aficionado like Bison...and schemer par excellence without the warrior's ego of Bison. He prefers the shadows. Hence all his letter agents. S.I.N.? Well we know that was a huge money-maker for Shadaloo...it was their weapons division. R&D? JP money right there. Seth is sentient "for some reason" unlike the other Units...why? JP. Without Bison around, JP wasn't about to let some idiot like Balrog run the money-making division into the ground and squander his investment...so, through Seth, S.I.N. gets a new lease on life. Unfortunately a rogue Juri threw a monkeywrench into that...but then Bison returned so things stabilized once more...

But JP wanted eyes on things now. He wanted to start controlling things more directly. He utilizes the Nguuhao (whom he controls) to engage in a little gambit to put a man inside Bison's closest inner circle...

F.A.N.G.

What a helpful #2...he even comes equipped with NEW WEAPONS TECHNOLOGY that works with PSYCHO POWER to make Bison even stronger. Oh how very convenient! Project C.H.A.I.N.S. oh look...more letters.

In creating this disaster, the world will look for a new leader...enter Agent G, the President of the World. What? Did you not think there was dark money in politics? The source of G's dark money goes by the moniker "JP". How do you think he afforded that very advanced satellite system?

A savior is important, you know...that's why JP started the entire G Project.

G Project? Oh wait I must be messed up because that's the name of the Secret Society's method of controlling the world. Funny coincidence, right? Except its not. The black moons WILL fall. Just because it was stopped does not mean they aren't still up there. Kind of hard to move them since they're totally shut down now...you'd need a lot of like...psychic power or something to do that. No idea where you're going to get THAT. Oh wait...

Once that happens, Gill can be disposed of, Ed can be the savior and, through him, JP rules the world.

That's the plan at least.

Oh BTW, keep an eye on your friend Jaime, Luke. Now, I'm not saying anything definitive here...but let's just say he's a young Chinese boy with fighting skills that is the friendly rival of someone that seems quite prominent in a PMC, appears to have a bit of a dark side when he rips out peoples throats and, oh yeah, a hair-cut that is rather distinctive...one we JUST saw attributed to orphaned Chinese boys taught martial arts...

NguuhaoTraining.png

Oh...

...that's weird.

Hey Jamie...what's your four letters? Drunken boxing huh? Maybe F.I.S.T.? C.L.A.W.?

Like I said, I'm not saying anything about this could even remotely be right...it's just how I might do things.

My hope:

JP aka Johann Papovich is head of the Alphabet People (whoever they are) and is here to set in motion the major plot implied by G/Rose. He may or may not be manipulating Neo-Shadaloo through Ed with the promise of saving him from his curse.

What I think will happen:

JP aka Johann Papovich is either an old acquaintance, subordinate, or student/peer of Bison and he's here to fill the power vacuum left by Shadaloo's fall with the knowledge and resources he gathered since. To put it in Star Wars terms, if Bison is Palpatine, this guy is Snoke and Ed is knowingly or unknowingly Kylo Ren.

I also hope that there is an effort to address the ending of 3S. What happened to the SS after they are no longer secret? What role are they playing in world affairs?

Edited by Daemos

Have no reason to think he's dead

Metro City people have just absolute love/gratitude for him as he saved the city from Mad Gear Gang chaos  back to FF1 (wich at this point was decent amount of years ago)

5 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

I'm putting money on Haggar being alive but Cody dedicated a bunch of stuff to him as testament to what a good mayor he was. Plenty of stuff gets named after people while they're still alive

Yeah just an example, assuming we can consider it somehow canon, here Haggar is alive (next to Sodom), yet there is a giant ass bronze statue of him holding "METRO CITY" name

https://www.fightersgeneration.com/nf7/game/sfvae/sfvae-cpt2019-stage.PNG

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Nothing I've seen from the character creator suggests I can create an Abigail like monstrosity 

Indeed you can't

Wich make sense, extreme proportions bring problems to this kind of stuff where you can take moves from a character and put them on a different size one

It already happen in SC creation mode, and does'nt take to reach Abigail level of size... even within SC editor limits (Height 5 max), wich are pretty similar to what we just seen now in SF6

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Well you can make your character really tall. So I 'm curious to see what happens when you max out the height and bulk.

From what i seen and how they use Luke cardboard as standard, i think the max height will be (kinda like SC6 height 5) around 2 meters or slighty more

In terms of recreations height is not that bad, after all just a very very few characters break that size limit, and some (Zangief) are already in or will likely jump in at some point (Sagat, Hugo)

Bulk is completely another matter (at least for males)

Problem here is that while SF6 somehow managed to mantain some Capcom kind of proportions/anatomy, the avatar have silly realistic proportions, so left as it is the basic model does'nt look like a "SF character"in a capcom game, but a normal person

For me (and you i guess) that want to create characters that fit as much as possible the game aesthetic and that can stand next to official cast without look fake (aka same shit i ever declared on first post of my SC galleries), this will mean that to reach certain minimal level of bulky/ripped to seems even just a standard/balanced SF character will make us push the meter on + just to reach that "Ryu standard"

Same for hands size, an awesome feature they added is abiity to increase hands size, you that are familiar with SC know how silly super buff max stats chars look with normal small hands lol

Wich itself is'nt a problem, but may mean max bulk meter will not allow you to create characters that are very buff even for SF standards (example SFV Rog)

From what i seen i say max stats height/bulk will be somewhere around SFV Alex

Watch it next to Ryu

Spoiler

Street Fighter V, Alex è il nuovo personaggio di Marzo

Dettagli e immagini di Alex in Street Fighter V - GameSource

Wich again is not that bad, we can still create huge range of characters VS back when SF had no character creation at all 😁

Speaking about range this editor seems suprising tolerant at make you go in other direction and create very lean (up to comical extreme) characters, wich fixed an old SC problem where even at minimal mass characters where still too buff for LOT of recreations

But we will see when we can actually work on it, so far on general only REAL weak point are the avaible haircuts, where lot of slots have been wasted for super weird/unpratical crap and way more common styles did'nt made it to the list (hope they will DLC some more)

Edited by CESTUS III
15 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

AKIMANputin.jpg

I can already imagine the specials:

QCF+P --> Polonium Tea: Putin throws a cup of tea corrected with Polonium-210 at his opponent, inflicting damage over time due to radiation poisoning. Should the projectile miss it will leave a temporary harmful pool on the floor.

QCB+P --> Tragic Window Fall: at Putin's command one of his political enemies will accidentally fall from a window located outside and above the stage, causing him to fall on the stage and potentially on Putin's opponent. The political enemy will meet his sudden and tragic end in different positions of the stage depending on the strength of the button pressed. Light version can be used as an anti-air. EX version locks on Putin's opponent.

Hold Back, then Forward+K --> Special Military Operation: Putin issues a command and, shortly after, a somewhat old but relatively reliable Soviet tank will slowly roll on the stage, aiming at "helping" an allegedly oppressed Russian minority placed offscreen. The tank will veer out of the stage as soon as it hits or is blocked by Putin's opponent. The EX version replaces the tank with an even older and less reliable one that will violently explode upon contact with the opponent, launching on hit and giving Putin plus frames on block.

360°+K --> The KGB Classic: Putin trips his opponent and then strangles him with a garrote, like in the good ol' days at East Berlin. The range of this command grab varies on the button pressed. The EX version leaves the opponent with a live grenade attached to him, launching him immediately after the command grab for a combo extension.

Super (QCFx2+P) --> Putin orders an artillery barrage on his opponent, inflicting heavy damage on hit.

Ultra 1 (HCFx2+KKK) --> Upon the command grab connecting with the opponent the cinematic starts. Putin shakes hands with his opponent in a photo op, then a few days later it's discovered that Putin's opponent unfortunately and tragically committed suicide by shooting him/herself three times in the back of the head, self-inflicting 27 stab wounds and then throwing him/herself out of the nearest window from Moscow's tallest skyscraper, in this order.

Ultra 2 (QCFx2+PPP) --> Putin launches an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile against his opponent, armed with a nuclear warhead. Putin's opponent is thus nuclearized.

18 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I can already imagine the specials:

ROTFL.

Actually Akiman DID specify one move (he wrote "special move" but could've been an Ultra, who knows):
Russian Explosion Hug - Putin hugs his opponent and EXPLODES. CAN BE DONE AGAINST A GROUNDED OPPONENT.

A bit like Q (Putin's double is a robot after all), but sambo-style.

Edited by Miðgarðsorm

So the debate on JP vs G continues;

-Matbookworm points out that in the image, the man has lapels, while JP has a vest and the fancy half-cape

-JP has some rope thing attached to the cape as seen in the "Authority" picture, but this looks like a thicker, actual braid of hair (also I think the rope on the cape would connect in a spot not so high)

-On the edge of the picture, it looks like G's rolled up-to-the-shoulder sleeves

-Others pointed out, no one has more than 1 card in the intro. There's the individual and then the group shot

-Hair for JP is longer and very straight, this guy's lock of hair stops much higher and doesn't look as fine as JP's

-Me being cheeky: World Tour mode would allow you to travel the world and eventually cross paths...with the president of the world. Eeeeeh?

I think G and JP are the same person, so it's intentional on Capcom's part to leave it ambigous in that shot, knowing nerds would dig for it and ask that question. G is the American persona, while JP will be the Russian persona. After all, G was SFV's "boss" and JP is SFVI's. I expect a tweaked moveset, same as between G and Q, but evoking that same style.

1 hour ago, ShockDingo said:

So the debate on JP vs G continues;

I’d love it to be G, but I think it’s just JP in an alternate costume. The costume does resemble G’s but like how he had a costume to reference Q, JP may have one to shout out G. His facial hair looks more like JP going by the images we have and the  braid he has could just be something added for the alternate costume. 

Plus we have seen Manon in the same video having a different look to what may be her default.

IMG_4505.jpg
IMG_4512.jpg