Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

45 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

A moment of appreciation for Honda's super which materialises a FLAMING SUMŌ RING where Honda throws his opponent.
ehonda_ss04.jpg

ehonda_ss05.jpg

If the super ends with Honda pushing the opponents out and them getting engulfed by the ring of fire, that may become my favorite super. I just like that they’re actually incorporating something in Sumo in his moveset.

6 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Ryoredcyclone thinks he's only a clerk who wears Sodom's clothes. I wonder whether Capcom would ever confirm or deny that.

Considering how more detailed DamnD looks, i like to think this guy is indeed just a clerk 

Fun thing is in SF6 at this point we already seen signs of 3 FF bosses 

DamnD 

Sodom truck 

Abigail's SFV garage 

Wonder if we will see Belger himself, he's alive in current timeline

59 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I hope not. Belger is no Geese Howard. He was the least interesting of the FF1 bosses IMO. 

This is true.

However, many black moons ago on SRK I proposed that Belger return but as a MODOK inspired hybrid. His wheelchair has become a WMD and he flies around! It would be glorious!

But maybe for a dream match. 

2 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

A moment of appreciation for Honda's super which materialises a FLAMING SUMŌ RING where Honda throws his opponent.
ehonda_ss04.jpg

ehonda_ss05.jpg

I noticed that Honda is more covered up on his lower half. I've never seen Sumo wrestlers wear shorts like those under the robes. Is this traditional in Japan or is this a Cammy/Pants situation?

Edited by Daemos
4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Surely too soon to be sure about anything, but idk if SS would bother go after Ken money, despite being a billionaire Ken himself does'nt seem to use his economic power in any confrontional way (as Karin does for example) 

They're likely richer than most nations already, plus Gill himself does'nt care about money 

Unless Ken opposed them in some way we don't know yet (as super riches share same social circles), then fuck up his life like that may be a SS style thing i guess lol

Personally i would like if JP is indeed behind Neo Shadaloo and he's trying to put hands on Ken's billions to upgrade the newborn org 

I think moral wise Ed would not be even bothered, he would probably see it as a good idea lol

For me I wasn't thinking financial, but more of character/ reputation assassination for some reason or trying to take him down subtly without acting physically since, like you said, they have a TON of money and resources and Ken's fortune would be a bunch of spare change. I wonder since it looks like in addition to Gill going public in SFV and the billboard poster in the first footage of World tour they're trying something different as they move into the public eye, but probably giving a sanitized image of themselves like a feel good cult with fighters.

JP having a hand in Ken's woes could work though

Just now, ShockDingo said:

JP having a hand in Ken's woes could work though

This.

It's either JP or whoever is the final boss of this game. Hopefully this means that Ken will finally have some of the spotlight.

I am really digging angry Ken btw. The way he tells you to shut up during his Level 3. Damn. He should be accused of crimes more often.

Ken Vs Ken

Ml50RnE.jpg

“Feels like the only one who understands the nature of my struggles… is myself.”

Ken Vs Guile

Id4MdB6.jpg
“Looks like I have to learn how to fight on my own terms again.”

Ken Vs Jamie

PcPbmq2.jpg

“You’re the town’s peacekeeper? Reminds me of some other kids I used to know.”

Ken Vs Ryu

pJL4wAF.jpg

“Never stop being you. Stable. Unshaken. After all… you’re the reason I got my start.”

Ken Vs Kimberly 

fDQWqsB.jpg
“It’s time to drop the spy kids routine. You don’t want to dig any deeper into this.”

Guile Vs Ryu

XYcfasG.jpg

“As long as I’ve got you as an opponent, I never have to worry about getting rusty.”

Guile Vs Ken

nLa7Edp.jpg
“That incident really shook you up… I gotta figure out what’s actually going on here.”

Juri Vs Juri

FKddaOZ.jpg

“Until I’m satisfied, you’re going to let me do whatever I please…”

Juri Vs Ken

1dFjLII.jpg

“You’re a lot cuter now that your life’s been ruined, Mr. Ex-Champ! BWAHAHA!”

Juri Vs Chun-Li

8aWzRq1.jpg
“The case ain’t closed yet. There’s plenty more playtime in store… Betcha can’t wait!”

Kimberly Vs Ken

MUZU6g1.jpg
“Mr. Masters, can I… ask you about my uncle?”

Kimberly Vs Juri

Yd8rgiG.jpg

“Wow, what’s up with her? She’s scary. Like… legit scary.

Edited by BornWinner
11 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

“That incident really shook you up… I gotta figure out what’s actually going on here.”

WHAAAAAT?!

“Mr. Masters, can I… ask you about my uncle?”

WHOOOOOOOOOO?!?!?!

“It’s time to drop the spy kids routine. You don’t want to dig any deeper into this.”

This?!?! WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!!

“The case ain’t closed yet. There’s plenty more playtime in store… Betcha can’t wait!”

The Case?  ShAdAloOoOoOoooooo!?!?!?!?!~!?@!?#!?#!?

Edited by Daemos
4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I hope not. Belger is no Geese Howard. He was the least interesting of the FF1 bosses IMO. 

Was't necessary thinking playable Belger getting slot or even NPC you can fight against

I was just thinking have him in some shady bar, kinda retired from business and no more leader of MGG... could be kind of char that give you little side mission and reward you with an info or a pass for some place etc

Think like Vito in FF Streetwise

Spoiler

Mad Gear Gang should definitely get a new boss, one that can actually fight

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

I am really digging angry Ken btw. The way he tells you to shut up during his Level 3. Damn. He should be accused of crimes more often.

I think the flying air-to-air punch to the face is going to be his desperation version of the Lv3, otherwise just a normal Shoryu-reppa

Pretty cool btw

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

It's either JP or whoever is the final boss of this game. Hopefully this means that Ken will finally have some of the spotlight.en.

I think Luke is going to get dat spotlight vs whoever is SF6 final boss, if we want to see Ken having his personal boss/enemy to defeat (i do) better hope it's not the final boss who framed him

Saw Guile's win quote against Ken.

Guile: "That incident really shook you up....I gotta figure out what's actually going on here."

Guile being concerned about his brother-in-law is cool. 

Edit: Just saw @BornWinner's post. You went full @Doctrine_Dark👍🏾

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I think Luke is going to get dat spotlight vs whoever is SF6 final boss

I don't know about that. He's already getting a lot of the spotlight by being the primary trainer for your avatar during what is possibly story mode.

Historically, the "new main protagonist" isn't always the main story character. Alex possibly, but about SF4? Abel may have cared for Seth but Seth wanted Ryu to 1-up Bison. Rashid also wasn't in conflict with the main villain of SF5 but he was with the #2.

So there is no guarantee that Luke - who will likely hog up a lot of air time - is the main good guy against the main bad guy. He could be like Rashid playing second fiddle to Ryu, but now maybe it's Ken.

12 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I don't know about that. He's already getting a lot of the spotlight by being the primary trainer for your avatar during what is possibly story mode.

Historically, the "new main protagonist" isn't always the main story character. Alex possibly, but about SF4? Abel may have cared for Seth but Seth wanted Ryu to 1-up Bison. Rashid also wasn't in conflict with the main villain of SF5 but he was with the #2.

So there is no guarantee that Luke - who will likely hog up a lot of air time - is the main good guy against the main bad guy. He could be like Rashid playing second fiddle to Ryu, but now maybe it's Ken.

Vibes i get from SF6 Luke is that we have another Alex

He's waaay much cover boy for SF6 than Abel or Rashid

Abel was a tragedy, completely handled like shit

They started great with this piece,

Spoiler

Street Fighter-Ryu versus Abel. | Street fighter art, Ryu street fighter,  Cammy street fighter

but then they completely gone full Capcom and handled him like shit, doing fucking nothing with him

In ideal world Abel should have defeated Seth, Bison killed the defeated boss and Ryu destroy BLECE machine

But as usual they had Ryu stealing other people's chance lol

Rashid is different, they handled him very good imho

He's not the kind of anime fighter shonen hero (we even see him lose a lot), he's more an adventurer that save the day a la Indiana Jones

In SFV he lose easily to Ryu, lose with Karin, lose with Juri, was about to get wrecked by Urien, manage to win and yet lose to FANG, lose to G

He surely was'nt there to be a Boss beater, he's more a middle tier figther with great heart, smart head and adventurer spirit

But tbh i think when we discuss SFV story we understimate Rashid's role

Dude saved the world (for that day) even without count Ryu's fight with Bison

After Rashid's actions Bison and Shadaloo were greatly weakened, even imagining Ryu did'nt fought him

-Moons deactivated permanently

-FANG disappeared

-Dolls and Abel free

-hackers were gone or dead(Shid's friend)

Bison would have been pushed good amount of steps backward before he could come up with another big threat plan, plus at that point Secret Society chosen they wanted him dead

Watching ASF events and ignoring for a moment Ryu final fight, i think people don't realize how much Rashid achieved

Luke is different from Rashid

They pushed hard on make him pure fighter with great talent, and even settled him as challenger to Ryu (who in return have good words about him), he's definitely Alex type of SF protagonist... actually would say he's stealing Alex chance in some way (even if i still think in future Alex is going to be the one that will truly defeat Gill/SS), unless plans for a legit SF3 follow up has been postponed

9 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Ryoredcyclone thinks he's only a clerk who wears Sodom's clothes. I wonder whether Capcom would ever confirm or deny that.

Tried to zoom as much as possible

sdm

Tbh watching it better could be him 😯

Sodom is supposed to be a tall, buff but lean compared to real huge fighters, white guy with brown hair (if we want add manga, no beard no moustache), that guy seems to possibly fit so far lol

10 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

We seen ingame he's blessed by golden light of sumo gods, silly humans refusing recognize him as Yokozuna 😐

And it turns out my suspicions were correct! Remember when years ago in SRK I speculated that Honda was never promoted because he kept skipping sumō tournaments to promote sumō worldwide? That's EXACTLY what Capcom wrote in his profile for SF6.

https://www.streetfighter.com/6/en-uk/character/ehonda.html

"A sumo wrestler looking to bring the sport worldwide, E. Honda has the skills of a yokozuna, but his constant globetrotting has prevented his promotion. Also an expert chef renowned for mouthwatering chanko stew."

The Japanese profile is even more specific:

相撲を「わあるどわいど」にするため闘う力士。
実力は横綱級だが、本場所そっちのけで世界を飛び回る破天荒さゆえ、番付は張出大関である。
料理は玄人裸足の腕前で、ちゃんこ鍋が絶品。

"His strength is on a yokozuna level, but because of his constant globetrotting skipping tournaments, on the banzuke he’s a haridashi ōzeki."

I quote my previous explanation from SRK archives:

So Honda is a 張り出し大関 haridashi ōzeki on the banzuke, the official ranking of the Japan Sumō Association. A haridashi (overhang) is any wrestler beyond the first two in the same rank (e.g., the third yokozuna, the third and fourth ōzeki, the fifth sekiwake and so on). That’s because historically there were only two wrestlers per rank in the top three positions (san’yaku), that were ōzeki, sekiwake and komusubi (then comes the last one, maegashira, with all the remaining wrestlers). The rank of yokozuna wasn’t added to the ranking until 1890, and is now part of the san’yaku (that still means “three ranks”, even if the yokozunas make it four ranks). When more wrestlers started being promoted into san’yaku ranks, the banzuke added them as extensible inserts, hence “overhang”. Nowadays, the banzuke shows all the wrestlers in full without the need of extensions, but the definition stuck to designate any wrestler beyond the first two positions. Therefore, we now know that Honda is at least third ōzeki in the official Sumō Association rankings. He could be fourth, or fifth… But we don’t know how many ōzekis there are in the SF world Japan Sumō Association.

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
41 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

And it turns out my suspicions were correct! Remember when years ago in SRK I speculated that Honda was never promoted because he kept skipping sumō tournaments to promote sumō worldwide? That's EXACTLY what Capcom wrote in his profile for SF6.

Yes, first thing that came to my mind when i've read the short description under the new official artwork 😁

Interesting how they seem more bothered by him skipping events than his other gimmicks that in theory should be more disonorable stuff for them

Ideally, I think along with Ed, Akuma, Aki, and Rashid they should include a prominent Alpha and SF3 rep. 

However, the graffiti wall (which is featured prominently in the opening movie of World Tour) had 5 other names which were Mika, Ibuki, Sakura, Vega, and Bison. If we are getting 6  in S1 then I would bet on two of these names will join the 4 aforementioned.

Edited by Daemos
8 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Juri Vs Chun-Li

8aWzRq1.jpg

Juri to Chun-Li“The case ain’t closed yet. There’s plenty more playtime in store… Betcha can’t wait!”

Thoughts: Dammit Juri, can you just leave Chun-Li alone? She's grown up! You're grown up! She doesn't have time to roleplay "Cops and Robbers Sadists" with your punk ass. She's got a school to run, a little girl to take care of. She's over her revenge arc, she's retired from Interpol, now leave her ass alone! AND NO SHE DOES NOT HAVE A SCHOOL GIRL CRUSH ON YOU? What is this, high school?

Now I may be overanalyzing this, but I think this winquote may be another example of how Juri continues to be the "Anti-Chun-Li" of the franchise. Both fundamentally the same background, but one chose the side of justice and compassion, the other is about pain, fun, and revenge. And after Shadaloo has fallen, because of Chun-Li's compassion and care for others, she's found a new path for her in teaching kids and becoming a mom to Li-Fen. But Juri on the otherhand, now that Shadaloo's gone, she's got nothing now. She's bored out of her mind, looking up memes on her phone. And has no meaningful connections with other people except when she gets pleasure from hurting others, as usual. Chun and Juri: almost fundamentally the same character, but walking on opposite paths

Seen the streamwith launch cast revealed, character creation and World Tour

link to some stuff

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2022/sep/16/sf6-full-launch-roster-revealed/

About characters

SF6 Roster 1 out of 9 image gallery

Guess missing 4 may be part of S1 but released close to launch, beside Rashid i can see why they picked them as DLC

Kinda prefered previous Lily Design

SF6 Roster 3 out of 9 image gallery

JP definitely feels Boss like

Guess if he's truly the mind behind Neo Shadaloo he's the leader, not an advisor

SF6 Roster 4 out of 9 image gallery

Manon alt costume?

SF6 Roster 5 out of 9 image gallery

this is fucking awesome lol, Zangief maximal being the amount of weights he can find around lol

SF6 Roster 8 out of 9 image gallery

this remind G but i think it's still JP: moustache, braid and kinda long hair, big nose seeems to fit too

20 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Just from the artwork shown of Manon in the opening movie I'm going to guess she's an influencer.

could be a singer since she's inspired on one

QV87O5o.png

Kimberly to Chun-Li: "Those moves of yours are beyond cool! I've got plenty to learn when I'm up against Chinese kung fu!"

Thoughts: HOnestly, nothing really comes to my mind. I think it's mostly a young and excited fighter seeing a legend like Chun-Li in action and her iconic moves, and being blown away. Nothing that suggests any lore importance or relations. But it's a decent enough quote to make it sensible and make it work.