Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

If we want to use it for who teached his art to somebody at this point SF2  WW cast is started to be filled of them 😄

Ryu

Ken -> Sean

Chun Li -> Li Fen

Guile

Zangief -> Mika

Honda -> disciples

Blanka

Dhalsim -> indian cop

Balrog -> Ed

Vega

Sagat -> Adon

M.Bison -> Rose

And of the ones missing Ryu kinda helped Sakura improve (conceding her occasional fights to check her progress) and Guile pretty likely teached some hand-to-hand combat in the US Army even if i don't remember any canon confirmation of it

I wouldn't count Ken as he hasn't actually taught Sean anything yet. The most he did was promise to train him if he can beat Ryu.

Was under the impression that Bison and Rose had the same sensei. Not that Bison was her teacher.

7 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Doesn't Makoto have a dojo?

The Dojo belongs to her family. She runs it as she's the only one who can. Her father can't do it anymore and her brother is a salaryman.

13 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Was under the impression that Bison and Rose had the same sensei. Not that Bison was her teacher.

It's a common misconception, but Bison was in fact her teacher sometime before forming Shadaloo. The exact nature of how they fell out is unknown, but Bison does comment that he should've never allowed her to grow thorns. I'd like to think that Bison knew from early on just how instrumental she will be for his plans in the future.

16 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The Dojo belongs to her family. She runs it as she's the only one who can. Her father can't do it anymore and her brother is a salaryman.

Ah thanks for clarifying. If SF6 takes place 7-10 years after 3S then maybe she's moved on to teaching now.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Don't forget...

Nash->Guile

yeah, but i said of SF2 WW (like to say what we consider the most classic/iconic SF cast) 

If we extend it to whole playable SF universe

Confirmed:

Nash 

Gen

Rose 

Gouken

Lee 

Zeku

Guy

Fang 

Possible/hinted:

Gill 

T.Hawk 

Rolento

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

1- I wouldn't count Ken as he hasn't actually taught Sean anything yet. The most he did was promise to train him if he can beat Ryu.

2- Was under the impression that Bison and Rose had the same sensei. Not that Bison was her teacher.

1- Iirc Ken indeed accepted to train Sean and passed time with him (we seen Ken at gis corner too), the thing of send him to Ryu was to make him improve as he previously performed poorly at some tournament, not to accept train him (as he already started doing it)

2- @Daemosalready replied this one 👍

So did anyone catch the Rolling Stone SF6 stream yesterday? I was thoroughly impressed with all of the music. Even had my fiancée listen and she thought it was pretty amazing.  Juri's theme is steps above her theme for SFV, which lacked a lot of personality. It was fun to do the Bernie Mac to it while I was on the freeway yesterday lol. I can appreciate that Kimberly's theme is a remix of Guy's theme with a sick trap beat attached to it. Also makes me wonder if we'll get any additional remixes.

Luke I think got the "demix" treatment, since he was technically a  SF6 character going into SFV with 2 clean versions of his SF6 theme song. The CAPJAMS version is a beast! Kinda funny that when 3rd Strike came out, very few characters retained their previous themes too, like Alex with Jazzy NYC and Yun/Yang with that amazing Crowded Street remix.

Honestly I'm glad that the music team is venturing into uncharted territory with all of these creative and inspired themes. I feel that solid themes have a way of expressing the essence of the character well, which is no doubt the case in SF6. These SF6 songs will age just as well as the EX themes, and the SF3 tracks. In general, SF6 is going to have among the best soundtracks in the franchise. If you don't like em much, maybe they'll grow on you over time.

Edited by ToreyBeans

During the NYCFurby/LIJoe/Javits/ stream, we saw a quick glimpse of Chun's mirror match win quote to herself.

https://imgur.com/O2R0OlR

Chun-Li to Chun-Li: "My experiences have made me who I am. I will never stop moving forward."

If we take this win quote as sort of a self-reflection, I do believe this quote is the best way to summarize Chun-Li's character up to this point. She's been through a lot from becoming an interpol officer at the age of 18, to fighting against many evil organizations, to raising children, teaching kung fu, and sort of becoming a mother. She certainly has grown, going from a student, to fighter, to teacher. Even started showing early signs of this in her SF3 ending, which was a step in a new direction; something bold for Capcom to do with her. 

Chun-Li now is a respected Sifu, according to her SF6 bio. And she is definitely much more mature, calm, experienced, and dare I say stronger, than she was when she started out her journey. SF6 aging up and having their characters move on is a bold but a right decision by capcom. And just in these few trailers and clips, we're seeing that growth first hand. Can't wait to see more information about Chun when we discover more in her story and world tour mode. But as a win quote, it's great.

12 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

During the NYCFurby/LIJoe/Javits/ stream, we saw a quick glimpse of Chun's mirror match win quote to herself.

https://imgur.com/O2R0OlR

Chun-Li to Chun-Li: "My experiences have made me who I am. I will never stop moving forward."

If we take this win quote as sort of a self-reflection, I do believe this quote is the best way to summarize Chun-Li's character up to this point. She's been through a lot from becoming an interpol officer at the age of 18, to fighting against many evil organizations, to raising children, teaching kung fu, and sort of becoming a mother. She certainly has grown, going from a student, to fighter, to teacher. Even started showing early signs of this in her SF3 ending, which was a step in a new direction; something bold for Capcom to do with her. 

Chun-Li now is a respected Sifu, according to her SF6 bio. And she is definitely much more mature, calm, experienced, and dare I say stronger, than she was when she started out her journey. SF6 aging up and having their characters move on is a bold but a right decision by capcom. And just in these few trailers and clips, we're seeing that growth first hand. Can't wait to see more information about Chun when we discover more in her story and world tour mode. But as a win quote, it's great.

The moment you realize Zangief in SF5 already accomplished more than Chun Li in SF6 😯

Career

Gief- Worldwide famous wrestler with millions of fans. As occasional side-gimmick he's Russia most important agent when it comes to planetary threats, casually destroy Psycho Drive, protect the skies of Soviet Russia

Chun- Interpol agent, chased same dude whole life without manage to arrest him, japanese hobo have to take down the dude for her. Successfully kick down an aluminium gate in SFV. According to operative experts Guile and Nash, she "tends to let her emotions get the best of her while on duty, this has at least on one occasion almost caused her demise"

Legacy

Gief- Supreme leader of Soviet Union Gorbachev congrats him and declare him national hero, living legend of pro wrestling world, Ultimate Master of Muscle Power, Shadaloo spent millions to develop a fucking robot "created specifically to combat Zangief", unintentionally pulled a Mr.Satan and people believe he won SF4, completely restored kids faith in pro-wrestling, get banned from Slam Masters events because bitches too scared to get hurt

Chun- Declared herself to be world strongest woman, end up being false. Get credited for destroying shadaloo, end up being false too

Protector

Gief- Mika never got kidnapped. Successfully protected Mika from an entire crumbling building

Chun- Li Fen got kidnapped twice. Was failing at protect Li Fen from crumbling building till Ryu hadouken saved both of them from sure death

Master

Gief- Become Master in SF5, still humble and friendly

Chun- Take till SF6 to become Master, pretend to be called Sifu and make cold bitch face to Li Fen

Student

Gief- Even SF5 Mika would beat up current Li Fen

Chun- Li Fen secretly wish her Master was Zangief

Family

Gief- Large, happy and healthy family (including a pet bear), everybody is proud of him

Chun- Only a dead father, his soul can't reach kung fu Heaven because she failed to avenge him. Adopted a kidnapping victim she found while working to pretend she's a single mom (probably breaking some laws) instead just buy cats like other lonely ladies

Love

Gief- As national treasure he can't have official relationship till find proper woman (probablly SF6 Marisa) to continue Muscle Power genetical lineage. Meanwhile in his private life he "wrestle" daily with a insanely hot japanese 20something girl, who got playmate body and is into bondage/rough sex

Chun- Fans try to ship her with Nash and Ryu. Nash pretend to be dead and yet is seen years after with beautiful ukranian woman, Ryu tell her he prefer martial arts but on reality considered her too old and secretly banged a japanese schoolgirl

Cooler nickname

Gief- Red Cyclone

Chun-

Special abilities

Gief- Mastered ultimate ki aka Muscle Power, made entire SFEX universe canon with the power of friendship, at birth broke SF2 being too OP, teached ussuri bears to flex, still believe to be in Soviet Russia (Putin too scared to correct him), listen Tchaikovsky and read Dostoevsky, destroy ancient katanas by simple flexing, can temporary exorcize people possessed by Psycho Power, max single move damage in most games he's been in, strongest hopak dancer in the world, learn and replicate secret millenary Kanzuki technique that took generations just watching it once

Chun- wall jump, lot of dlc costumes

Arresting people

Gief- Though not a cop, Zangief successful arrested Psycho Powered Abel on berserk state, engaging him in short negotiation (failed,but admirable for not using violence as first option) then easily incapacitating him and taking him back to HQ where he (Abel) got proper medical assistance

Chun- I made this category specifically to help Chun, though i don't remember her arresting somebody relevant ever. Last attempt had 230kg obese Birdie managing to avoid arrest (and heart attack) and escaping by simple running away from her, likely at jogging speed max

But to be fair we still need to know about SF6 Zangief, list may need update 🔥

27 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@Chun-Li_Foreverright now

Tbh Capcom already did already all the possible damage to me

Cestus "Wonder if i will finally get male italian rep in SF, would be so cool"

Capcom "Can't ear you well, phone signal is disturbed here.. you said female italian rep?""

Cestus "no i said get ma..."

Capcom "don't worry we planned a cool male legionary/gladiator italian fighter, think like Agrippa from SoR, but i can solve this in a second with few changes, hold on!"

Cestus "NO wait, i sai...

Capcom

I can already tell who I'm gonna be playing in SF6 : r/StreetFighter

Sorry @Chun-Li_Forever, you can't kill who's already dead 🤣

Image - 84383] | Come At Me Bro | Know Your Meme

Love

On 8/29/2022 at 9:24 PM, CESTUS III said:

Best part being 97% of that is canon 😄

spacer.png

Spoiler

Chun-Li x Nash - Nash is dead.

spacer.png

Chun-Li x Cody - Cody loves Jessica.

spacer.png

Chun-Li x Guy - Guy has a fiancé and Rose as his side chick. 

spacer.png

Chun-Li x Juri - Juri loves Cammy more.

spacer.png

Chun-Li x Cammy - Cammy belongs to Juni.

spacer.png

Chun-Li x Ryu - Ryu belongs to Sakura.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Chun-Li x Zangief - Gief belongs to Mika.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Chun-Li x Ken - Ken's Married.

spacer.png

Chun-Li x Guile - Guile's Married.

spacer.png

Chun-Li x Vega - Vega loves himself and Cammy more.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

spacer.png

Hide contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Do you guys just love messing with me and my waifu or something? Because y'all overloading me with salt you clowns! 

MODS I LIKE TO REPORT CYBERBULLYING! THEY ARE SAYING MEAN THINGS TO ME! 😑😵

At times like these, I turn to the sage and calming thoughts from one of my all-time favorite animes.

Edited by Chun-Li_Forever
19 minutes ago, Skort said:

I think Chun made it pretty clear she wants to be single ages ago. 

fy0algt8anp81.png?auto=webp&s=79147ee17b

11 minutes ago, Daemos said:

The only man for Chun-Li...

Hide contents

30419626056_9dde89cd2e_b.jpg

bison_x_chun_li_by_cric_d7fjrz0-fullview

d638wad-91715107-2cd3-4929-a2dc-b9c32ffa

Search your feelings @Chun-Li_Forever... You know it to be true...

Chun had no time for relationships because she was chasing after M. Bison for revenge... NOT HIS RELATIONSHIP @Daemos!!!!!!

We can debate about canon relationships, Chun-Li being 100% AGAINST M. Bison is 100% canon!!!

Edited by Chun-Li_Forever
3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

What about Chun x Abel? Or does he like Cammy more?

Abel like dogs and he's got scars, so I figured he'd be up Decapre's alley. Cammy is a cat person and Decapre is a dog person like Abel. Especially considering they've both suffered similar trauma from the same perpetrator.  It's something they'd probably bond over. Plus I feel he's one of the few people Cammy wouldn't try to murder for touching her sister. Wait...why do I feel like I've gone full Tumblr 😔

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 8/8/2022 at 5:31 PM, Hawkingbird said:

What Cassie did to Shinnok is no different then what Johnny did in the prologue chapter of the same game.

Cassie is fine. She's a much more pleasant character to have another than Sonya. Her relationships with her dad and Jackie endure me to her. She and Jackie got main character potential.

Cassie, maybe, Jackie is balnd as fuck.

And her MKXI version sucks ass in story/characterization, gameplay and presentation/animation.

Of all the MK kids, they wasted a slot bringing her back, when the other 2 that were left behind were mores interesting in both gameplay and story.

lmao, these last posts have been absolutely wild. You guys are nuts! 🤣

Anyways, it's wild that Street Fighter is 35 years old, eh? Pretty cool to see Capcom doing more with the increased social media presence lately and the little online "what's your first Street fighter" campaign they've got going on. Pretty cool to see that things have changed what with SF6 having such a obvious boost in budget and them having frequent event appearances and even hype with Rolling Stone. Hoping the future continues to rise.

Anyways, I've been inspired by Skort and have been messing with Blender. I made this yesterday:

10 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

Anyways, I've been inspired by Skort and have been messing with Blender. I made this yesterday:

Oh my, well done.  

I don't use twitter, just not my thing really to mess with social media apps but i have an account i  made many years ago for some reason i can't remember that i could post my stuff as well. I'm not sure it's worth it though.

8 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

spacer.png

Hide contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I see, a fellow seeker of truth 👍

Beyond compliment your well done research, hope you don't mind if i add some more following your scheme

List of candidates is getting narrower the more we dig

Spoiler

Chun-Li x Alex - Alex can't even hide how much he's more into chocolate

Street Fighter | Know Your Meme

Chun-Li x Zeku - Zeku already flirting with brazilian stripper

12-laura-interested-old-zeku-and-vice-ve

Chun-Li x Eagle - Eagle made clear he loves the sticks

chun-mvc-chew.gifeagle-taunt.gif

Chun-Li x Gill - Already doing stuff with Kolin

Street Fighter III New Generation Fight For The Future Artwork

Chun-Li x Urien - Urien actually tried to give her the D in SF3, Chun Li misunderstood his "sparring for amusement" as a real sparring session and kicked him in the face

chuny-ts-kickz.gifurien-cfe-dizzy.gif

Chun-Li x Rashid - He's into Li Fen, sending her D pics (we already covered that i think)

Abigail (Final Fight/Street Fighter)

Even lowering standards a bit, situation still not easy

Spoiler

Chun-Li x Necalli - Akuma got him pregnant

Event Hubs on Twitter: "A certain character's future looks grim and  uncertain in Akuma's Street Fighter 5 story mode https://t.co/A3M0BVv0kl  https://t.co/DiSKVEWmma" / Twitter

Chun-Li x FANG - He just got a young female prostitute as "disciple" and anyway he loves Bison more

the possible origin of A.K.I, the new character in Street Fighter 6 who is  the successor to F.A.N.G : r/StreetFighter

Chun-Li x Hugo - He's into trannies

Poison Kisses Hugo Poison Win GIF - Poison Kisses Hugo Poison Win Hugo Win  - Discover & Share GIFs

Chun-Li xNecro - Belong to Effie

https://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/necrosf3end6.gif

Chun-Li x Birdie - She once tried to arrest him for no particular reason, will run away

Chun Li gets defeated in Birdie prologue by sintiamonica on DeviantArt

Chun-Li x Dhalsim, Hakan or Rufus - Somehow all married or engaged to young beautiful women

Matt Moylan 🇨🇦 on Twitter: "@Sur_Shiner It could be Dhalsim's wife,  Sally? https://t.co/Lg3G5v5Mhp" / Twitter

SSFIV English Voice Clips - Hakan - YouTube

Street Fighter 4 - Rufus' Prologue and Epilogue - YouTube

Chun-Li x Akuma - Elena already got her hands on him

the answer lies in the heart of battle

Chun-Li x Seth - Became female, some theorized to avoid being sexually harassed by Chun

Who is Seth and why is their return in Street Fighter 5 an important step  for the fighting game franchise?

List is becoming crazy short, lucky for Chun 3 good candidates said to be willing to give her a chance ❤️

Edited by CESTUS III
46 minutes ago, Skort said:

Oh my, well done.  

I don't use twitter, just not my thing really to mess with social media apps but i have an account i  made many years ago for some reason i can't remember that i could post my stuff as well. I'm not sure it's worth it though.

Thanks dude! Hah, I don't blame you. I got sucked into the Twitter sphere since it's good for marketing myself for Voice Over and promoting my  video work, but it can be quite the headache.

Deviant Art is a decent place to post artwork, but anywhere you could make a gallery would be good, people love your stuff dude! 👍

6 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Cassie, maybe, Jackie is balnd as fuck.

And her MKXI version sucks ass in story/characterization, gameplay and presentation/animation.

Of all the MK kids, they wasted a slot bringing her back, when the other 2 that were left behind were mores interesting in both gameplay and story.

Edited by YagamiFire
On 8/31/2022 at 2:41 PM, Hawkingbird said:

How? Cammy is a clone and Abel is an Android.

They are seemingly from the same cloning program.

On 8/31/2022 at 2:43 PM, Daemos said:

Abel is not an android.

He's a second generation lab-grown clone. Due to a defect he was deemed unfit for the final stage of the Human Incubator program which involves severe cybernetic augmentation.

I don't think Capcom has ever CONFIRMED that's what Abel and Seth's deal is, but it seems the most likely explanation.

Edited by DarthEnderX
7 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I don't think Capcom has ever CONFIRMED that's what Abel and Seth's deal is, but it seems the most likely explanation.

Capcom never "confirms" a lot of things to be fair, but that is why people have been coming to this thread series for literally decades.

We offer scholarly insights and conclusions based on the available canonical material. Our scientists here work night and day to find that grain of truth in the sea of bad translations.

Though we may duel and disagree like gentlemen every now and again, we know that together we are the only ones that can stand in the way of he who shall not be named and the forbidden Plot Guide. Our watch never ends!

Edited by Daemos

What i ever found interesting is that all of them have blond hairs and blue eyes, yet all Bison incarnations we seen have black hair

It's implied that for whatever reason the blond dna ones are supposed to have superior compatibility with Psycho Power (with Ed probably being the most compatible so far), yet Bison for himself keep recycle over and over the black hair type

Another strange detail is black ones are created already adult apparently empty without a personality, while blond clones are legit individuals and have to grow (even if faster) till their adulthood

Shadaloo scientists somehow managed to increase the PP capacity of black hair bodies (iirc SFV>SFA>SF2), but probably at cost of further aggravate the aging thing

Is worth notice only time we seen two different SF chapters share same Bison-body (SF4 and SFV), in the latter chapter is already starting getting white hair, and it's not due Black Moons over-charging it because when he meet FANG for first time he already had white hair, so it happened in the short time between SF4 and SFV

What is not clear is why Bison keep recycle the black ones, instead create one of the blond type as empty shell if truly are more PP resistant

I think the Blond Vessels were always meant to be transitionary bodies so that he doesn't have to do what he did with Rose in Alpha again. I would guess he probably doesn't want to keep Black Vessels lying around since they would all be at each other's throats.

The final Black Vessel we see btw was said to be able to withstand the full power of the Black Moons. It was stronger than any Blond Vessel up until that point.

Do note also the most perfect host body Bison found was not Blond/Aryan but that of a Japanese man (Ryu). Not sure why he never just cloned Ryu... I guess it was an ego thing, he wanted to see Ryu fulfill his potential before he swoops in for the kill.

Edited by Daemos

Btw looking for some Bison-info end up read some piece i forgot

" M. Bison's master was said to be the only known person in the world who could manipulate the evil power known as "Psycho Power" at the time and it is also said that, before his death, M. Bison's master passed the power to only three other students, M. Bison himself being one of them.[2] "

I wonder if

Mimì from Street Fighter 6 : r/StreetFighter

may be one of the two other students we never seen, the leaker said he use Psycho Power and seems pretty old (even if PP consume people fast)

Plus the fact that he have same symbol as Ed but does'nt declare his role as part of the org, make me think he may be the hidden mind/leader behind Neo Shadaloo

Honestly, that would be a cop-out especially if this guy is the final boss. What's next? They're gonna give him Bison's functions/movelist?

I'm hoping he is more related to the Alphabets (as his name suggests), and has nothing to do with Bison/Psycho Power. But if he did have something to do with Psycho Power, then that explanation @CESTUS IIIis the only rational one. He is either Bison's student, classmate, or master.

Edited by Daemos

Speaking of final bosses, I wonder what Capcom's gonna do about G in SF6. Nakayama-san said that G was the final boss of SFV (how lolol). Maybe that completely unrealized idea will actually make its way into SF6? Besides that, I've already noticed that items that didn't go into SFV are already being implemented into SF6  (e.g. the newest SF6 stage looks a whole lot like the SFV prototype stage and F.A.N.G's background in his character art). I remember reading a while back from X-Kira (again lol) that SF2 costumes for Ryu and Ken would be coming and now Ryu will pretty much have it. Oh speculation is so much fun~!