Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

@Darc_Requiem

Spoiler

Btw i don't mind have a slots limit, will just do like i did in SC6:

Let's say in SF6 are 50, will use like first 45 for best stuff that i will never erase, then bottom 5 are all lab

When i fill these 5 if none is good enough to replace one of the 45 above, are going to get erased

No joke, without fake humble shit, after posting pics of it on 8WR, many times i erased so much stuff because they was current worst one, yet they would have been easily THE Best piece in most people galleries 🤣

Common shit was even that i used to get lot of private messages asking this or that setting to replicate something i did in the past, and while any time i could i used to reply (maybe late, but reply), often/most of time had to say "sorry i erased that" and people would bitching saying i don't want to share 🤣

Hilarious situation aside, somehing i found cool about it is that have limited slots push you improve/refine everything you do to a level where all the 45 are the best you can do, and new creations constantly challenge previous ones, and each time a new one manage to steal slot from an old one, your collection raise in quality... in that way you reach close-to-ingame look, because all blatant CaS shit dies 😄

If i can reach that with SF6 i'll be more than satisfied

Plus SF6 progression may be MUCH slower if you have to grind through WT each time you do a new char... you want that Blanka MK or crHK for you Elena character? You will probably have to reach the point of WT where Blanka can teach you his style

You need these bracelets for her? You will have probably to reach in WT the area where is that shop that sells it

From what i understand, instead of SC where start editor let you do everything, create a new character in SF6 will be more like Dark Souls where to create a new character you have each time to work your ass to reach the pieces and the abilities you need to achieve that look (armors/weapons) and fight style (stats, abilities)

Each time i got a Dark Souls game (and Bloodborne), i ever got LOT ideas for awesome possible characters, yet due time required to realize each, i never got more than 4-5 each game

Now, SF6 it's probably going to be much faster at progress (and i'm going to dedicate much more time to it), and you can likely ignore many areas (like your small aikido girl may skip the russian area where Zangief piledriver bears as you chosen she don't need anything from Gief style in her moveset), but still imagine to go through something long as SFV ASF every single time you do a new char 😄

Plus WT will expand each time new chars are released (it's awesome, story will no more ignore late Seasons chars) so with time that path will get potentially longer, plus old chars you did may require to do more WT themselves to reach a new Master/items to become better recreations, constant improvement for each char as long game throw new stuff at you 🤣

Considering that and how fucking obsessed i can get on details, i thanks gods for slots limits 🤣

47 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I want to know what the deal with Damnd is. He is unusually prominent for a character who isn't playable. Is he going to be a major villain I'm world tour?

My guess is he's the boss of Metro City area (at least shitty part of it), then may become playable too (and so a WT Master too)

Hope he's just a Boss btw, assuming S1 is (hoping we get 6 chars)

Ed, Rashid, AKI, Akuma, 1M, 1F

Waste last male slot for him, with so many important characters still missing would suck lol

Edited by CESTUS III
10 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Here's the map guys from another thread 

Mj9XIy2.png

So Metro City aka New York is pretty robust. I wonder if in the future they will merely add sections to it or are we going to travel to completely different cities? I find it odd that Honda chose to open his restaurant there rather than Japan.

What other areas would be central to SF enough to warrant a world being created for them? I'm thinking a place in China and Japan.

Ken's VA speaks: https://eventhubs.com/news/2022/sep/19/reuben-langdon-sf6-ken/

Unpopular opinion, but I dislike Bison's English VA since SF4. With the recasting of so many English VAs in SF6, I am hoping that if and when Bison returns he has a solid new VA more in line with Tom Wyner's performance from the AM.

@ShockDingoyou should apply!

Edited by Daemos
59 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Unpopular opinion, but I dislike Bison's English VA since SF4. With the recasting of so many English VAs in SF6, I am hoping that if and when Bison returns he has a solid new VA more in line with Tom Wyner's performance from the AM.

In my copy as general rule if you're not american or english you're getting JP voice

Well, Ken is american but was on JP too lol 😀

Ed was on Eng because after all grown up with Rog though

Random stuff

Just seen for the first time Ken's walk in

Cool to see they gave him classic Wanderlei exercise to loose wrists (wich was kinda recognizable for MMA fans back to Pride FC days) before a match, is funny considering Wandy was super aggressive striker too

Do you like Wanderlei Silva? | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussionhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maxvhz6fHj1rr8wbto1_500.gif

Btw crack me up they gave him blond beard, when we know he's not blond

Original SF6 Ken even had a bit of black hair (to hint it's a bit he's away from home and can't follow usual dying routine? lol)

Ken and Cammy are in action as part of the Street Fighter 6 gameplay leaks  | Entertainment WorldWide News

Disappeared in current updated version

4 nouveaux (anciens) persos et une bêta fermée pour Street Fighter 6

Probably real reason he's punching Ryu there, must have said "Bro everybody know you're 3/4 jap and not blond"

Ken's angry "shut up!" now make sense... may be framed for crimes, but hair dye get him mad 😆

7 hours ago, Daemos said:

So Metro City aka New York is pretty robust. I wonder if in the future they will merely add sections to it or are we going to travel to completely different cities? I find it odd that Honda chose to open his restaurant there rather than Japan.

What other areas would be central to SF enough to warrant a world being created for them? I'm thinking a place in China and Japan.

I'm glad that it isn't the actual honda's bath house other than the restaurant

Little update about looking into character creation mode (spoiler, just going to add more confusion lmao)

I previously thought that we can customize moveset and mix moves as we please, BUT now i'm starting to have doubts we can or to wich extent

I still have to find a clip where a created character IN SAME FIGHT use techniques from different characters

We seen "Elena" apparently do a Juri move and a Ryu style shoryuken, but was'nt the same clip and camera angle on the shoryuken seems strange, may be from 3D free roaming mode

On hope side this screen seem to separate Gear, Special Moves, Super Arts, Skills(drive system moves?), Masters

Also interesting notice "Luke style" it's put with clothes 

editor

Watching the vid alone, due lack of evidence you can mix shit i was inclined to start believe you can collect fight styles, but you can just switch from one to another

But then this division of specials/supers/"skills" etc would make little sense, as you would have just 1 thing you can select (wich Master you want mimic)

It's also possible that your 3D free roaming skills and actual SF style 2D fight will be treated as separated movesets

Based on that picture wonder if is possible we can mix, but not 100% free, more like in "groups"... Char X style normals, Char Y special moves, Char Z Supers, Char W skills, and Masters tell you what styles you unlocked so far maybe?

Curious af to know more, but in the doubt starting to self crippling my hype lol, got to set expectations much lower till we know more

Said that even in worst case where we can't mix anything, will still be awesome have an editor in SF, so still a win for us 😄

The chance alone to steal a moveset we like from a character design we don't,  it's already golden shit 💖

Vesper's new video talks about DLC Seasons being themed and bundled with a new locale for the year. The example they gave was a "Shadaloo season featuring the 4 kings" sold along with "Shadaloo Island". 

A season would not only unlock new characters, but additional areas of the open world mean new and expanded degrees of customization for your avatar. A season pass would resemble a small expansion pack more than a character pass.

And it wouldn't necessarily affect the fighting in ranked. You can still opt to only purchase the characters and ignore the World Tour aspect.

8 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Vesper's new video talks about DLC Seasons being themed and bundled with a new locale for the year. The example they gave was a "Shadaloo season featuring the 4 kings" sold along with "Shadaloo Island". 

A season would not only unlock new characters, but additional areas of the open world mean new and expanded degrees of customization for your avatar. A season pass would resemble a small expansion pack more than a character pass.

And it wouldn't necessarily affect the fighting in ranked. You can still opt to only purchase the characters and ignore the World Tour aspect.

Is this from Capcom or is he just speculating? Sounds pretty awesome, if true. I can already envision:

Shadaloo Pack: Balrog, Vega, Bison and F.A.N.G/Decapre, Shadaloo Island as location, with different areas like the Secret Laboratory from SF4 or SF5.

Kung Fu Pack: Yun, Yang, Fei Long and Gen/new character (Gen's apprentice?), with Hong Kong locations, including a cool movie studio with DRAGONS, like Fei's SF2 stage.

Kanzuki Estate Pack: Karin, Birdie, Ibuki and R.Mika, with a Kanzuki lands area, including Karin's house and Ibuki's clan.

And I can already think of more but don't want the post to get to big. 

2 hours ago, Dracu said:

Is this from Capcom or is he just speculating? Sounds pretty awesome, if true. I can already envision:

Shadaloo Pack: Balrog, Vega, Bison and F.A.N.G/Decapre, Shadaloo Island as location, with different areas like the Secret Laboratory from SF4 or SF5.

Kung Fu Pack: Yun, Yang, Fei Long and Gen/new character (Gen's apprentice?), with Hong Kong locations, including a cool movie studio with DRAGONS, like Fei's SF2 stage.

Kanzuki Estate Pack: Karin, Birdie, Ibuki and R.Mika, with a Kanzuki lands area, including Karin's house and Ibuki's clan.

And I can already think of more but don't want the post to get to big. 

Areas are not going to necessary reflect the DLC season characters, see in current WT we seen our avatar train under masters that surely are'nt in Metro City... like judging by stage/background Blanka still is in Brazil and Sim still is in India for sure. Ryu also seem to be still in Japan.

Only in doubt is Chun that may be in some sort of "china town" within Metro City, and Ken who seems to have the Masters HQ there (plus somehow his San Francisco stage area  now seem in MC)

I think the world tour area will mostly work as setting for current story events, like first/launch part of the story is going to be settled in Metro City area, then expansions will likely bring us somewhere else but not necessary influence the Season characters selection

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

i think good indication for what items will be avaible in character creation mode is watch NPC in the background (both WT and normal SF stages), as all characters seems are made with character creation tech, even the that Andore in MC stage is made with it. Exception seems DamnD, who does'nt look made with CC, or if he is have special parameters (unique hair style and size)

Also Bosch hair style seem unique (or at least is'nt avaible at start), hope we can unlock it and many more because hair so far seems weakest part of the editor

49 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Areas are not going to necessary reflect the DLC season characters, see in current WT we seen our avatar train under masters that surely are'nt in Metro City... like judging by stage/background Blanka still is in Brazil and Sim still is in India for sure. Ryu also seem to be still in Japan.

Only in doubt is Chun that may be in some sort of "china town" within Metro City, and Ken who seems to have the Masters HQ there (plus somehow his San Francisco stage area  now seem in MC)

I think the world tour area will mostly work as setting for current story events, like first/launch part of the story is going to be settled in Metro City area, then expansions will likely bring us somewhere else but not necessary influence the Season characters selection

I'm not saying the areas should influence what DLC characters make it in, but thematic areas additional to the season pass, as bonuses, tied to thematic characters packs actually sounds pretty cool. So the characters would influence what other areas make it in.

For example, it wouldn't make sense to add an area in, like, Germany, without Hugo or Falke in the game. But if these characters are planned, a new area tied to them makes sense.

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

I think Damnd and Bosch are like the NPCs in ASF. They are well developed and animated models but nearly enough to graduate into being playable characters for individual sale.

Bosch is an analogue for your avatar and lacks his own style. So I think he'll be less developed than Damnd who will likely have some unique moves of his own.

1 hour ago, Dracu said:

I'm not saying the areas should influence what DLC characters make it in, but thematic areas additional to the season pass, as bonuses, tied to thematic characters packs actually sounds pretty cool. So the characters would influence what other areas make it in.

For example, it wouldn't make sense to add an area in, like, Germany, without Hugo or Falke in the game. But if these characters are planned, a new area tied to them makes sense.

Idk think for a question of variety they will probbly not focus on a particular area, but more settle new chapter in that area and then pick characters that can fit the story

If we watch what seems to be Season 1 in SF6 (at least a good part)

Rashid (UAE)

Ed (Germany)

AKI (China)

Akuma (Japan)

They are'nt from same places or ever even meet each others, but 3 out 4 may be linked to same story: Ed and NeoShadaloo, AKI that may be sent by FANG to rip the four parts of Bison's power out of Ed & co, Rashid that may be involved discovering his worst enemy FANG is still alive

These 3 could be connected with each others in same story line, 4th being Akuma that will ever be a thing on his own doing mostly nothing outside offering Ryu a path to stay on the spotlight without need to be the SF6 story hero (hope capcom will not use Akuma to ruin JP too to only to keep push the Yujiro Hanma "hype" crap they love so much)

I think they will chose what characters they want next (both for variety and sales potential), then make up a story to have them play a role in it... after all till ASF Karin, Birdie, Ibuki and Mika never had anything to do with each others either

But is true that the absolute absence of SF3 and FF (with Metro City being so relevant) feels suspect af, rather by nationality/area i think they may be picked after the chapters they're from

Like if story will expand into a MGG return will justify heavy FF presence, if in another they want show an Secret Society arc we may see more SF3

My 2cent btw, SFV showed us Season patterns may be kinda reliable for some things (numbers, male/female ratio) and unpredictable for other stuff (example Vets or New), so who knows lol

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

I think Damnd and Bosch are like the NPCs in ASF. They are well developed and animated models but nearly enough to graduate into being playable characters for individual sale.

Idk i think is possible he will pull a Kolin/Ed once we finally defeat him for good... i think we will fight him many times, and each time he will be bit more strong/bitter and know more new tricks and moves (like us), till the point he will have 100% his own moveset

Wonder if get defeated multiple times will get him corrupted by SnH kind of shit, he seems the type

But hope they will refine him a lot if they want make him a true char, beside the head (wich is cool, and hairstyle IS'NT in avaible CC haircuts) his basic design sucks... but i guess like for the moveset also his costume will evolve traveling the world, i think in his first appearance he's in plain training clothes(his version of it) like us to some extent

He's likely supposed to be indonesian (looks south east asian and have a dutch name), i hope his final moveset will become Silat... would be cool/funny because would save me a slot, as one of my planned original characters was indonesia/silat 😄

Also black and orange silat uniform would be pretty cool on his skin/hair colors, i hope they go for that 🤞

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Bosch is an analogue for your avatar and lacks his own style. So I think he'll be less developed than Damnd who will likely have some unique moves of his own.

I think he (Bosch) as our rival will develop his own abilities training with his own Masters that we will not meet, so at the end he may become an 100% unique character

Luke style for our avatar and him is supposed to represent a starting white paper waiting to be written over with better stuff (poor Luke lol)

An interesting thing, Bosch have his own unique idle stance instead Luke's one (one used by our avatar on the left)

pose

15 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Bosch is just Korra from Avatar.

Not familiar with Avatar, just looked and shirt/pants are indeed similar 👍

Still hope that's just an intentional poor/plain design to symbolize he's almost as vanilla and noob as us (our avatar)

For the indonesian thing is because used to be a dutch colony so people from Indonesia with a dutch name (Bosch) are a thing

Wonder if he's also inspired on Hook's character Rufio, who was a short and agile asshole (at begin) south-east asian young guy with black&red crazy hair, who at first harass/bully the protagonist 

Spoiler

yana

Actor Who Played Rufio in 'Hook' Wrote Tribute to Robin Williams

Max is doing a critique on SF5's story mode

I never realized that Bison actually gave Cammy a free pass at 32:30. He could've killed her and Chun-Li, but he stopped and then stops FANG from pursuing them. Obviously he did so that the story could continue BUT what if he foresees her being useful? What if he has a soft spot for her (himself?) Such a stoic man, it's hard to get a read on his evil plans.

Edited by Daemos
11 hours ago, Daemos said:

Max is doing a critique on SF5's story mode

I never realized that Bison actually gave Cammy a free pass at 32:30. He could've killed her and Chun-Li, but he stopped and then stops FANG from pursuing them. Obviously he did so that the story could continue BUT what if he foresees her being useful? What if he has a soft spot for her (himself?) Such a stoic man, it's hard to get a read on his evil plans.

It's garbage writing. This is what happens when someone writes themselves into a corner

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

It's written like a bad anime. With scenes being unnecessarily long to fill space and lots of exposition. But the plot itself is more coherent and consistent with the source material than say something like MK11 - which only should be getting praise for their Hollywood production values.

Agreed.  The MK story modes are better produced, but I like SF5's more because it's just dumb anime fun.

6 hours ago, Daemos said:

It's written like a bad anime. With scenes being unnecessarily long to fill space and lots of exposition. But the plot itself is more coherent and consistent with the source material than say something like MK11 - which only should be getting praise for their Hollywood production values.

SF5 is written stupidly and vapidly

The MK stories have been largely incoherent with their own continuity and characters...and even with their own previous stories.

4 hours ago, mykka said:

I just hope its more than 4 DLC chars per season

I think the 6 characters model was just perfect i see no reason for them to don't follow up, 4 characters would be kinda weak after a such good start

Sure, characters now seems to have lot of work going on compared to SFV, but this game is going to give them LOT of money both as sales and as DLC

Plus they have to release lot contents fast... unlike SFV, SF6 will have a massive % of casual people that are'nt even true fans and will buy it only because it's the coolest game of the month, these people will probably not be around for late seasons

I cannot see a season like this being carried by Akuma alone. He's popular, but resting the risks of Ed, Rashid, and AKI solely on his shoulders to sell is absurd. Either there are other characters in year 1 or they are selling much more than characters in the bundle.

Rashid was well received, meme-able theme song, but he's not a breakout star like Juri or even Alex. Ed may be plot relevant and he has a lot of detractors (however he is in the top 20 of character usage unlike Rashid).

AKI needs to come out swinging because she's replacing the least popular SF5 character throughout its history - even though FANG's playstyle is unique and brilliant, the masses want Kage.

Tbh Season 1 so far have elements that can sell strong

Akuma as crap he is, have huge fanbase that love that crap

AKI is edgy waifu and lot of people seem interested, read LOT say she's most wanted newcomer

Ed in SF6 is going to be flashy af, plus SF6 seems to have the sensibility to make chars more charismatic

People warmed to Rashid compared to SF5 launch

Sure i hope we get more, as SF6 cast (including these 4) have holes that i want to see covered as soon as possible, but as characters seem a solid seller season so far

Hope they keep old model and we get 2 more chars

They may start with 2 SF3ers, if they do like M one between Alex/Urien/Necro and for F Ibuki or Makoto Season1 will end up huge as a whole