Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

11 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I never argued the wall of tags was'nt a strong hint these characters will be in the game, i was saying that the wall was not an indication of Season 1 DLC

And tbh my position is still the same, specially now that we know base cast will not include Ed, Rashid, Aki and Akuma... i really doubt in first wave there will be also room for all these characters (iirc Bison, Sakura, Mika, Ibuki and Sodom?), because counting Sagat, that would mean 10 characters and would be hard to make it fit with Season

I am just fucking with you. I know you never argued. xD

It's also Vega not Sodom. So this strongly hints that 3 of the 4 Shadaloo Kings are gonna make it, but would they leave out the Boxer/Claw? Such an asymmetry would hurt my eyes tbh but if they had to leave someone out it should be BOXER that treacherous hound! Show him not to bite the hand that feeds him! I mean, we should leave him out to make room for Dudley of course. 😈

4 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Cool to see there's an historical source for the name, ever thought they just made up one

Reading SF wiki apparently their first placeholder name was Geronimo

"His placeholder name was Geronimo, likely named after and inspired by the Cyborg 009 character of the same name considering that Akiman was a fan of Shotaro Ishinomori's works. However, the name was changed after a staff member suggested that it can be seen as racially offensive."

28 minutes ago, Daemos said:

OMG! He looks so handsome and youthful! SF4 Flashback or NEHW BODAYayAYayAY!!!!! 😍

Would say likely her thinking about the past, feels like all these artworks can fit different characters arcade intro, most seems to show characters background/motivations

Example Jamie thinking at Yun/Yang or Kimberly having posters of Guy and Zeku on the wall, also Luke seem to think back to SFV days when was still in US army and fought Guile

33 minutes ago, Daemos said:

It's also Vega not Sodom. So this strongly hints that 3 of the 4 Shadaloo Kings are gonna make it, but would they leave out the Boxer/Claw? Such an asymmetry would hurt my eyes tbh but if they had to leave someone out it should be BOXER that treacherous hound! Show him not to bite the hand that feeds him! I mean, we should leave him out to make room for Dudley of course. 😈

I wish we could give Dudley the boxer slot, but i fear bunch of factors of SF6 may favor Rog (Ed already confirmed, urban american theme) lol

4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I wish we could give Dudley the boxer slot, but i fear bunch of factors of SF6 may favor Rog (Ed already confirmed, urban american theme) lol

You're probably right unfortunately.

I hope they don't release all the Kings in a single season though as tempting as a Shadaloo season sounds, I think it would be best separate them in 2-3 seasons.

4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Would say likely her thinking about the past, feels like all these artworks can fit different characters arcade intro, most seems to show characters background/motivations

Well I hope those are telling of the quality of art in the game because they're reall good./

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

You're probably right unfortunately.

I hope they don't release all the Kings in a single season though as tempting as a Shadaloo season sounds, I think it would be best separate them in 2-3 seasons.

Ideally i would need Boxing and Muay Thai to make it within Season 1 since they missed base cast and imho are super important styles to have

With Ed being almost surely S1 and him being somehow considered "boxing" i doubt i will get a pure Boxing rep in S1, unless they want really hard to involve Rog in Ed's story... wich may not be the case, since Ed already left Rog back to SFV

Guess being realistic best i can hope atm is Sagat being confirmed as S1, so i will have a Muy Thai rep and a shit (Ed) that somehow works as boxing slot placeholder till i get a legit boxer

One hope may be pray that they rework Ed style to look more boxing-based (like Luke that feels waaay more MMA in SF6) so i can use it for a created character (Dudley), but tbh i doubt as even back to SFV they made him threw kicks to show clearly that while he know boxing (due Rog training) he does'nt see himself as "a boxer" (unlike Rog that as much disprect rules still fight like one) or have any obligation to follow the style... he even had a fucking kick special lol

Now in SF6 in theory are years that he left Rog, so while boxing surely is still his best ability when it comes to physical fighting (so not counting PP stuff) because it's where he trained most, he's probably going to be even more loose on when use it and when do other stuff

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

Well I hope those are telling of the quality of art in the game because they're reall good./

I hope they stay consisted and stick with this

What i hated of SFV was the feel 99 hands were involved and you can't point what official style is like, from the surface of things up to crap like arcade endings being made by bunch of different people

Btw i noticed in that art Luke in one small image sports same costume Udon stuff showed

(This one)

Panzer (@pnzrk) / Twitter

Wonder if will be a 2nd alt ingame

Would make 3 costumes and still no MMA look wich is the only i need for him lol

Guess maybe they did'nt wanted to overlap with Marisa even if Luke appeared first

But seriously need his SFV look, specially considering it was already way more deeply connected to SF6 story rather than SFV (as it's sponsored by Buckler)

Talking about it i'm also considering all the silly black tattoo he had in SFV maybe were supposed to be fake/temporary promotional tattoo to roll with the concept of Buckler sponsorship as the company symbol is indeed a star

Would not be first time a MMA fighter get sponsor shit painted on

GSP with sponsor printed on his back : r/ufcWatch: Dana White Explains How One Tattoo Almost Bankrupted the UFC -  Pundit Arena

Would explain also why in SF6 his shirt have same graphic style of SFV tattoos, if is all of same brand

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Ideally i would need Boxing and Muay Thai to make it within Season 1 since they missed base cast and imho are super important styles to have

Two SF2 reps in S1 and 2 SF2 reps in S2 (Dictator and Boxer/Claw) sounds about right. Not sure where they will fit the other named characters.

Think if S1 has one SF3 character it will be more balanced. Akuma, Sagat, Ed, Rashid, SF3 Female, and AKI. Rashid and Ed are a burden, not sure if Akuma alone can carry this season without another fan favorite. 

I also wonder if Capcom is going to do what they did in SF5-S2 and have a season of predominantly new characters. It was very risky at the time but it worked out in the end.

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

Two SF2 reps in S1 and 2 SF2 reps in S2 (Dictator and Boxer/Claw) sounds about right. Not sure where they will fit the other named characters.

Think if S1 has one SF3 character it will be more balanced. Akuma, Sagat, Ed, Rashid, SF3 Female, and AKI. Rashid and Ed are a burden, not sure if Akuma alone can carry this season without another fan favorite. 

I also wonder if Capcom is going to do what they did in SF5-S2 and have a season of predominantly new characters. It was very risky at the time but it worked out in the end.

Idk i think the lack of SF3, SFA or FF characters seems pretty intentional, and like many of us theorized it may hint Capcom's intention to maybe do "themed seasons" wich may go against  have just one single SF3er in Season 1

If we take for a moment as possible SF6 S1 will follow a bit SFV Season model, that Sagat may be in due that protrait, and keep out SF3/SFA/FF we will have

Ed

Rashid

AKI

Akuma

Sagat

Female (let's say from SF4/SFV)

That would not be a so weak Season 1 imho:

Spoiler

- Akuma as much i find him crap is super popular shoto with legions of people that like him, Sagat is another huge popular character, both were in the Top10 character popularity poll (Sagat at #7 and Akuma #8)

- AKI is new so she can be hit or miss, but we know that when waifu hit right popularity goes from good to HUGE, plus i think they are trying to replicate Juri's bad girl success (i doubt she will, but can still do well)

- Rashid started slow back then but he's likeable and i think audience started to appreciate him with time, plus rep middle west/arab world and may attract audience from there (or arabs/ME living elsewhere), after all dude was literally born as target audience character with specific advisor to do him right

- Ed as much you may dislike him for the whole Bison outrage thing it's not necessary a bad idea, he's a young dynamic character that have flashy style, if they improve him from his SFV version i think he can become a good seller, specially in a game like SF6 that seems to literally squeeze the potential out of characters

-Female i was saying a returning one as we already had lot new ones, and i was thinking SF4/SFV because these chapters made it in SF6 base cast (unlike SF3/SFA/FF)... this would leave us with the possibility of stuff like Menat who's super loved, C.Viper who have good popularity and she's missing since 4, Laura who's popular and big eye candy and Kolin who would look incredible in SF6

Plus people would still be hyped by game being still new and strong too

Guess something like that would be an heavy hitting season 1 all while leaving Capcom LOT of very popular chars to push S2, S3 etc

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

Takayama’s posting the arcade illustrations on his account. They’re the art we’ve seen go around a few days ago. Think the Luke is new to us.

That's the one i was talking about saying that's the design (top-left pic) posted by Udon, but was very small and this version offer much more details, thanks

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Guile and Ryu’s Arcade images

IMG_1547.jpg

Damn, i'm conflicted

On one side seems they returned to do the multiple artists thing that i dislike, one the other i LOVE see Hiroaki work on Street Fighter

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Another Chekhov's Gun! He's COMING! Omg I need to see the whole thing!

That's just Ryu thinking at SFV events, of course Bison is in... guess whole picture will have Necalli too on the right

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

That's just Ryu thinking at SFV events, of course Bison is in... guess whole picture will have Necalli too on the right

I think Sagat should be there. Necall and Seth could also be there but they also kinda fall under Bison.

I'm also noticing the different artists again and I have mixed feelings about it.

48 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I think Sagat should be there. Necall and Seth could also be there but they also kinda fall under Bison.

I think depend on wich period he's thinking about for villains... if is just SFV (see Akuma/Bison/Kage design) then he can need just Necalli, wich may be the thing behind Bison's head.

It's true there's a fight with Ryu in Sagat's V story, but i think it was an all Sagat mental trip with him doing comparision between Kage and Ryu

They also fight in AE opening but that was probably all made up, just like Ed & Falke never captured Ryu 😄

If is more general thing sure, Sagat deserve a place there (unless we want consider he's no more a villain and now him and Ryu respect each other) and guess Seth too

For good side if is SFV-related is weird see no Dhalsim, who's been very important to him... he may be the small dark thing next to Guile chin, but in that case minor place in composition suggest that good guys corner is more "SF2 ppl" than anything, as Sim had bigger role for Ryu than most there

Btw no Gouken is shame

No Sakura is hilarious perfect lol

Edited by CESTUS III
39 minutes ago, BootyWarrior said:

Sagat and Retsu are there but no Necalli. 

spacer.png

Lmao that's unexpected, Retsu was'nt even a villain for Ryu i think even if they had a fight in SF1 iirc

But is true he could technically be considered a former villain (like Sagat) as he was banned from his temple for using forbidden moves

Still random af lol, either Necalli or Seth had so much bigger impact on Ryu as villains

Plus ever thought Ryu see him in respectful/friendly way considering he's Gouken friend and hang around their dojo (guess when he fucked up Dan's face lol)

Btw cool to see Retsu again in SF6, with MMA stage cameo it's already second time

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

For good side if is SFV-related is weird see no Dhalsim, who's been very important to him... he may be the small dark thing next to Guile chin, but in that case minor place in composition suggest that good guys corner is more "SF2 ppl" than anything, as Sim had bigger role for Ryu than most there

It's odd to exclude Sim and include Blanka actually. Ryu and Blanka don't really have any relationship.

2 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

spacer.png

HA! I'm half right.

I wonder why Retsu is in the darkside? What did he do to Ryu in SF1? Is there a Retcon coming up in SF6?

I think Necalli and Seth were excluded because they are subsidiaries of Bison/Shadaloo Arc. Even though SF5 does not spell it out, Bison very likely triggered and put Necalli on a collision course with Ryu so that Ryu can unlock his full potential.

Edited by Daemos
49 minutes ago, Daemos said:

It's odd to exclude Sim and include Blanka actually. Ryu and Blanka don't really have any relationship.

Dhalsim is there but they made him really small on the bottom left. He's the only character in that panel who helped Ryu yet they make it seem like he's less important than Blanka who Ryu's never spoken to (on screen).

2 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

So...

...what exactly is the thing on Juri supposed to be?

The black spider.

Is it like a bizarre body-suit that's just impossible-clothes? Or...is it a tattoo? Or body paint?

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

HA! I'm half right.

I wonder why Retsu is in the darkside? What did he do to Ryu in SF1? Is there a Retcon coming up in SF6?

Apparently Retsu was some sort of corrupted martial artist monk who was banned from his temple for using forbidden techniques, after fighting with Ryu (guess SF1) he changed his mind and became more a "good" martial artist 

Effectively considering they both live in japan is pretty possible SF1 Retsu has been Ryu's very first big fight, and at the moment they fought Retsu still was some sort of bad guy

Not sure how all this fit his friendship with Gouken, wich i think was already a thing back to SFA (wich was after SF1 btw) 

On 11/19/2022 at 4:33 PM, BootyWarrior said:

I wonder if Necali would be even reference in SF6 with that art of him missing

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I was thinking since some of the SFV arcade mode ending were contrast to SFV shadow falls event 

Which do you think should be the better canon? the cinematic mode or the individual SFV arcade mode endings 

So what are your thoughts everyone?

6 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

the cinematic mode or the individual SFV arcade mode endings 

Both.

A standard cinematic episode that presents the overarching story + individual epilogues/prologues that bleed into or out of the main story with as little contradictions as possible. These ensures that ALL story efforts made end up being canonical without throwaways. 

Nah imma keep it real. 

I respect other people's opinions and preferences but overall the OST for SF6 is not doing anything for me,it's generic and uninspired compared to former themes.

I  appreciate the Devs trying something new rather than remaking the same songs over and over but this ain't it. 

SF6 looking great though so if the OST is the only thing I ain't feeling about the game I can live with that.

Edited by Skort
On 11/19/2022 at 2:32 PM, Dragonfave723 said:

Could this individual possibly be Kimberly's uncle?

5yNG01W.png

Wonder if we will see him playable at some point and what kind of style he can use, wise old african-american man seems worked well for TK7 Leroy popularity and for the little we can see the uncle looks cool and still built strong in that Hiroaki portrait

He may have genius IQ just like his nephew (or even higher), personally would love Aikido or incredibly technical Boxing to incarnate the "sweet science" concept

Btw i also the long hair woman may be an influent player just as JP or Kim's Uncle(if is him)

At first i thought it was some sort of assistant of JP like Kolin for Gill or Marlowe for Mayor Cody, but the way she's portrayed here as shadow silhuette make me think

Immagine

Having the feel Ken did'nt got fucked up by a single personal enemy, but that multiple influent people agreed was more convenient put him out of the games

56 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Chun-Li

"She was probably one of the hardest characters to design with this title, especially since one of the original creators of Chun-Li is one of my mentors," Fujioka says. "I definitely want to respect that and make a version of Chun-Li that is appropriate for Street Fighter 6. Chun-Li is loved by many different eras of players, and it's almost as if everyone has their own version or interpretation of Chun-Li. So, 'How do I make a Chun-Li that satisfies everyone's expectations while making something new for Street Fighter 6?' That was a huge challenge for me. In terms of the themes of Chun-Li, we wanted to emphasize the fact that she was able to take out Shadaloo, and she's a little bit older now, similar to Ryu. She's aged elegantly and is more of a master-type figure where she's teaching those who are under her and are a little bit younger than her."

13 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Thanks!

Liked the Guile one in particular, cool to see we were so spot on about the clock thing, bit unexpected they recognized officially the change of muscle mass as intentional thing (rather than translation to new artstyle gone wrong), make me accept much more the new model, even if is bit strange they did'nt made it influence his SF6 moveset in a more power-oriented direction or even just change his weight in the profile (guess bt the indication about how much they don't care about profiles usually, wich explain LOT of things lol)

Loved also how they see Luke, Jamie and Kimberly as a parallel to Ryu-Ken-Chun, did'nt thought they seen Kimberly as so involved/central (but guess her uncle link may involve her a lot?)

Like also how they explain Bushinryu it's not technically "ninjutsu", yet they don't mention taijutsu*, guess they don't want to create confusion and likely keep her mostly as "ninja character" is more marketable lol

Even if to be fair, Kimberly with her use of objects already feels "more ninjutsu" than SF Guy** is lol

*wich mean a generic "fighting techniques" as bare hands ones, but within ninjutsu dojo is used to indicate indeed all the bare hands fight style

**even if to be fair we know that Guy knows ninjutsu techniques and how to handle weapons (just to say one, iirc in SF4 was threating Bison to fuck up his giant airplane with few kunai lol. But ingame outside some weapons on his alt costumes as fight style he's ever been very "pure/clean" taijutsu user that fuck you up using only strikes and throws... ironically CODY use more weapons and tricks than him, philosophy wise dude is almost more "ninja" lmao

Edited by CESTUS III

I think we already discussed that, so what i say may be repetitive

My problem is'nt much new songs, thing i don't like is that seems to me they seem so focused on try to impose a style to the game music that at times they forgot to focus on the character while making his/her song and result is little or no connection between song and character

Not saying are all bad, some chars fit well SF6 atmosphere (some are even born in SF6) and their theme works

Some other had themes that still let the character spirit shine (i like Dhalsim and Blanka ones)

But imho shit like Ryu and Chun li ones are terrible lol

Edited by CESTUS III
On 11/23/2022 at 5:31 AM, Daemos said:

Is it me or does he look a bit like Morgan Freeman?

"It kills your braincells, son! It kills your braincells! Now, when you're destroying your braincells, you're doing the same thing as killing yourself; you're just doing it slower! Now, I say if you wanna kill yourself, don't fuck around with it! Go on and do it EXPEDITIOUSLY! Now go on and jump! JUMP!"

38 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

"It kills your braincells, son! It kills your braincells! Now, when you're destroying your braincells, you're doing the same thing as killing yourself; you're just doing it slower! Now, I say if you wanna kill yourself, don't fuck around with it! Go on and do it EXPEDITIOUSLY! Now go on and jump! JUMP!"

See, my brain switched to Morgan Freeman's voice after the first sentence automatically.  I haven't seen the movie in decades probably. What an amazing man.