Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Guest Characters? In MY Street Fighter?

2 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Are Aki AND Rashid now lowkey the best animated characters in all of 6? This kinda makes me think that maybe the DLC charas are given a bigger budget or perhaps don't focus on mocap as much as the rest of the roster 

A.K.I has the best animations I've probably ever seen in a fighting game. Menat had the title until now.

5 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Big difference between "best in V" and "best in all FGs" don't ya think? 

Maybe that was a hot take but to me in games like SF, Tekken, Mortal Kombat she's up there near the top.   Maybe not if we're comparing this to ArcSys games.... but those games kind of feel like there own thing when it comes to graphics.  

Alright y'all, I have a theory about the Ninja Turtles crossover. So lately I've been spending more time reading and catching up on the TMNT comics than playing SF6  (great reading BTW!). And I just thought a little bit ago that a sequel to Tournament Fighters would be SICK. So maybe just maybe the prices are higher than normal because Nickelodeon is seriously looking at fighting games to potentially get a game developer like Capcom or Dotemu to make a new Turtles fighting game. Now back to reading. 

(I'll be back on SF6 in ranked next week y'all! Anniversary week has been pretty fun and she's enjoying all the quality time 😍)

40 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

Alright y'all, I have a theory about the Ninja Turtles crossover. So lately I've been spending more time reading and catching up on the TMNT comics than playing SF6  (great reading BTW!). And I just thought a little bit ago that a sequel to Tournament Fighters would be SICK. So maybe just maybe the prices are higher than normal because Nickelodeon is seriously looking at fighting games to potentially get a game developer like Capcom or Dotemu to make a new Turtles fighting game. Now back to reading. 

(I'll be back on SF6 in ranked next week y'all! Anniversary week has been pretty fun and she's enjoying all the quality time 😍)

I dunno, selling a costume for 15 bucks a pop is not necessarily the kind of goodwill-hunting (yes, very cheap pun) you'd want to do to get people excited for your own game.

That said, there is indeed a bit of a Turtle resurgence happening (Shredder's Revenger, Cowabunga Collection, the upcoming Ronin game), so maybe you're not that far off the truth.

35 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Bruh they literally have Megan Fox as her face model. We really got people calling Megan Fox ugly now?

I find her considerably less attractive since the plastic surgery.

On a more positive note, I got accused of gatekeeping after not doing it and telling the person that everybody in that discord channel was happy to answer any questions they had. The ability of younger people to walk into a conversation, read it halfway and take offense to it is unmatched. Not even the M.Bison weilds a power that strong.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Bruh they literally have Megan Fox as her face model. We really got people calling Megan Fox ugly now?

She’s not ugly but Megan Fox looks like every other insta-thot. Hyper mid as far as famous women go.

Also I cringed listening to her talk about Nitara is MK1.

”She’s a vampire and that resonates….for some reason” 🤣

Edited by Vhozite
48 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I find her considerably less attractive since the plastic surgery.

She is considerably less attractive since plastic surgery. I don't get why these actresses keep jacking their faces up. Jennifer Love Hewitt looks weird now. It's like they all want to look like the villains from Star Trek Insurrection

OTE1YTk4MmEtYTY5OC00YzU5LWE2YzctZGIxMDEx

21 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

They should just leave jp,ken,guile,luke alone next patch and buff the rest. Especially characters like gief,lily,mannon. Where would you guys rank ryu right now? Mid or low? 

IIRC people regard Ryu as mid tier. There are couple of Ryu players  (EndingWalker and Semy28 ) that have been doing some damage as of late though.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
19 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

IIRC people regard Ryu has mid tier. There are couple of Ryu players  (EndingWalker and Semy28 ) that have been doing some damage as of late though.

Yea I believe all ryu needs would be a buff to his load move, have it load WAY faster or let him choose when he uses it or have it load after a certain block string etc. 

Edited by Maravilla
1 minute ago, Maravilla said:

Yea I believe all ryu needs would be a buff to his load move, have it load WAY faster or let him choose when he uses it to have it load after a certain block string etc. 

It's come up here before and we basically all agree that he should be able to store multiple charges and that it should also buff his DP. There have been other things suggested as well but those I don't see the same level of agreement on other suggestions.

After interacting with some idiot that decide to take a conversation not directed at him and use it to start some drama, I have decided that we are better off gatekeeping this place.

I don't have the time to deal with people with either poor reading comprehension, poor social understanding or poor ability discerning context. LIke if you're missing those 3 and are already here, fuck it you're kind of grandfathered in. But damn, putting up with that shit from new people? big ol' RIP.

One thing I will forever hate about fighting games is how 75% of the playerbase will gravitate to a small handful of characters who you will get a shitton or experience against. But then that one time you run into someone more obscure you just constantly get your shit rocked bc you never see them and the couple ppl you do run into are usually terrible. I was fighting a Jamie earlier and he was doing shit I’ve literally never even seen before I never run into him and just fold due to unfamiliarity.

Gonna cherish these early days of SF6 where the roster isn’t 40 deep yet so I feel like I can actually learn every matchup.

28 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

One thing I will forever hate about fighting games is how 75% of the playerbase will gravitate to a small handful of characters who you will get a shitton or experience against. But then that one time you run into someone more obscure you just constantly get your shit rocked bc you never see them and the couple ppl you do run into are usually terrible. I was fighting a Jamie earlier and he was doing shit I’ve literally never even seen before I never run into him and just fold due to unfamiliarity.

Gonna cherish these early days of SF6 where the roster isn’t 40 deep yet so I feel like I can actually learn every matchup.

Yeah, I echo your thoughts on this. I lose to every damn Lily I play (about one every two weeks), even though she's low tier.

13 hours ago, Vhozite said:

She’s not ugly but Megan Fox looks like every other insta-thot. Hyper mid as far as famous women go.

Also I cringed listening to her talk about Nitara is MK1.

”She’s a vampire and that resonates….for some reason” 🤣

On god I hate listening to normies talk about fighting games. I was afraid saying this would make me come off as one of “those” players but fuck it’s so fucking cringe. UHHH YEAH DUDE HAHA GET OVER HERE!! UHHH YEAH DUDE REMEMBER THE GREEN GUY FROM SF2 THAT WENT RAAAGH AND DID ELECTRIC MOVE?! HAHAHA XD

Made it to Diamond 3 with Lily. Still don’t know any frame data or combos or optimization and I’ll will keep complaining about Ken but I’m having fun. I don’t care if Lily sucks I’m having fun!

spacer.png

I remember I once read somewhere that at the begginer level tiers don't matter, maybe if it's two players first time it doesn't but anything more than a couple weeks tiers matter, you're telling me that two begginers practice 10 hours and one has guile the other has gief it doesn't matter? Of course it does lol. Actually tiers matter at every level. Another myth I busted, y'all gon learn today! 
Also, unless you're a pro or just want to challenge yourself this way then remember the most important thing is to have fun, pick a character you like, a character you have fun playing with, basically what I'm saying is ain't nobody wanna really play luke. 

If two people who never played a fighting game play SF6 for 10 hours and then face each other with Gief and Guile, I can guarantee you the Gief player is going to win 8/10 times by just mashing SPD whenever they're next to each other.

Tier lists are relative to the skill level the game is played at. There most certainly is an applicable tier list for Rookie rank, but instead of JP it will have Honda at the top.

3 hours ago, delete_me said:

If two people who never played a fighting game play SF6 for 10 hours and then face each other with Gief and Guile, I can guarantee you the Gief player is going to win 8/10 times by just mashing SPD whenever they're next to each other.

Tier lists are relative to the skill level the game is played at. There most certainly is an applicable tier list for Rookie rank, but instead of JP it will have Honda at the top.

Different game but when I was 10 hours into SF4 with basically no FG exp I def couldn’t do an SPD lol. I could do charge moves in training mode with no distractions lol

7 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

On god I hate listening to normies talk about fighting games. I was afraid saying this would make me come off as one of “those” players but fuck it’s so fucking cringe. UHHH YEAH DUDE HAHA GET OVER HERE!! UHHH YEAH DUDE REMEMBER THE GREEN GUY FROM SF2 THAT WENT RAAAGH AND DID ELECTRIC MOVE?! HAHAHA XD

To me it’s always cringe when you have some celebrity clearly feigning interest in something bc they got a bag from some corpo. I don’t expect Megan Fox (or any non-FGC person) to really be into the game so in that sense it is what it is. But it’s embarrassing when the person is stumbling over their own words trying to say literally anything about something they worked on. 

But I’m sure they have some spreadsheet that calculates a .0732% increase in sales if they get a celeb to talk about the game. 

18 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

To me it’s always cringe when you have some celebrity clearly feigning interest in something bc they got a bag from some corpo. I don’t expect Megan Fox (or any non-FGC person) to really be into the game so in that sense it is what it is. But it’s embarrassing when the person is stumbling over their own words trying to say literally anything about something they worked on. 

But I’m sure they have some spreadsheet that calculates a .0732% increase in sales if they get a celeb to talk about the game. 

So much this, Kevin Smith immediately comes to mind. "I wasn't a fan of He-Man growing up." gets a bag from Netflix  "I was big fan of He-Man growing up" You don't have to be a fan of something to do a good job with it. There are a lot of people that can't stand their jobs but do good work.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So much this, Kevin Smith immediately comes to mind. "I wasn't a fan of He-Man growing up." gets a bag from Netflix  "I was big fan of He-Man growing up" You don't have to be a fan of something to do a good job with it. There are a lot of people that can't stand their jobs but do good work.

Did he actually say those two things? lol  

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

Did he actually say those two things? lol  

I was paraphrasing but yeah. Years ago, the is footage of him saying how he wasn't big fan of He-Man that by the time came out he was older and didn't get into it. Then in the lead up to his Netflix He-Man show, he was saying how he was big fan of the series. People immediately called him out on it. Edit: At work, so I can't verify the audio. But I think found the audio of him saying he's not a fan.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
9 hours ago, delete_me said:

Ain't no way after getting the basics down for 10 hours a gief is beating a guile. Not happening. 

1 hour ago, Maravilla said:

Ain't no way after getting the basics down for 10 hours a gief is beating a guile. Not happening. 

You're severely underestimating the learning process. 10 hours in a fighting game is such a minuscule part of a step forward that you wouldn't even notice the metaphorical foot moving at all.