Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Guest Characters? In MY Street Fighter?

2 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

I think we’re in the ultimate moneys paw reality with this game. We wanted a feature rich fighting game that had the power to steer the ship and correct SFV’s wrongs. We got that. And in turn our curse is that the suites at Capcom will wallet rape us on literally everything that wasn’t base game.

This is exactly where you are to be quite honest. For a good decade a lot of people, including me, wanted Capcom to cater to casuals and just let me have my features unbothered sicne I don't need much.

Outside of them locking colors, its 10/10. They keep paypigs happy and the FGC gets what it wants.

The funny part comes when they realize that they don't need to waste money on the FGC to keep the paypigs happy. 😂

See that?

Finessed. Spend the cash, you cucks.

Edit: Oh hold up

I might be the cuck. 😢

10 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

This Fighter Coin shyt is stupid and unnecessarily doing way too much. 

Its the same system they wanted to do in 5. You get the gameplay coin and the premium coin. Its not doing any less than happens in other games.

But people wanted a modern FG with lots of features, continued long term support etc. So they gotta turn the game into a business. Not saying you, but people want all these features added and etc etc etc. This is the price of entry for what a lot of the FGC claimed they wanted it. This is what it was always going to look like.

That said, they are an insane amount of bitches for locking basic colors. Holy shit capcom is trash for that one.

7 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

This is a far cry from SFIV costume packs where you could even purchase themed bundles for very specific characters (eg shadaloo pack, femme fatale pack, world warrior pack) 

From what I remember you could only purchase themed bundles in some instances, which meant that depending on who you were playing you paid for up to four costumes you didn't want and would never use. It's just a different take on the ingame currency, which also doesn't allow you to spend exactly the amount you'd need to get exactly what you'd like. It's all the same shit to be honest.

But when you look at the overall landscape of videogames and the widespread lack of backbone and acceptance towards these things, not to mention the demographic getting younger with every year that passes and these younger people never having experienced the industry without these egregious practices – yeah, you can hardly blame the opportunist publishers for milking those people dry.

30 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@TWINBLADESHey didn't you get the Shill Edition of SF6. I'm reading the Steam description and it looks like it supposed to include Outfit 3. Am I wrong? I mean....I think I have the shill edition. Shill Edition was basically the game and the Ultimate Pass at $10 discount 🤔

Only the 3rd outfits for the DLC characters.

Honestly the shittiest thing about it is not all the colors being unlocked. Absolute trash.

9 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

I think we’re in the ultimate moneys paw reality with this game. We wanted a feature rich fighting game that had the power to steer the ship and correct SFV’s wrongs. We got that. And in turn our curse is that the suites at Capcom will wallet rape us on literally everything that wasn’t base game. It’s actually wild how the pricing on this game works. I whaled out so hard for SFV. 

8 hours ago, Sonero said:

This is exactly where you are to be quite honest. For a good decade a lot of people, including me, wanted Capcom to cater to casuals and just let me have my features unbothered sicne I don't need much

We has already a taste of that since SFxT DLC and SFV Vanilla release.

Even MVCi the so called MVC-i No-XMEN is already a hint. I don't even think it's Marvel doing or holding back Xmen. I'm not rallying on the thread due to missing Xmen I was on the okay side on the missing Xmen but I knew something is wrong

Marvel Constest of the Champion is constantly getting XMen Character same as other video games together with Spidey. Its just movie license.

This is why I always think the idea of Free-to-Play FG is dangerous it's a monetization model. The higher up will always has the last words on this. Once they enter the F2P it will shape the future of game from the game controls, execution, content and the rest of the game modes. 

Shaping the experience to favor purchase, Survival mode SF5 Vanila is like that.

This is gonna sound weird, but I don't fucking get why Spy X Family is so popular. Mind you, I loved the show when I was watching it.

But the people who hype it up the most are the ones who don't wanna get married or have children. Brother, what part of this show are you relating to exactly?

😂

Edit: Just so people are clear, i thought the show was great.

Jesus if the Elphelt leaks are real I might actually install Strive just to play the bitch. I finally got to Diamond with AKI and I feel like I know less than when I started sometimes. She's so hard to play consistently. With Lily I could just boot up rank and dick around. But with AKI I gotta grind combos to to get my fingers to be ready to DR extenions after everything. Legit making my bones hurty 😞

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES said:

Jesus if the Elphelt leaks are real I might actually install Strive just to play the bitch. I finally got to Diamond with AKI and I feel like I know less than when I started sometimes. She's so hard to play consistently. With Lily I could just boot up rank and dick around. But with AKI I gotta grind combos to to get my fingers to be ready to DR extenions after everything. Legit making my bones hurty 😞

A.K.I. tried to warn you Twin. When her trailer dropped the first thing she says as she walks through crowd is "Time to work, time to work."

Alright, I'm finally playing tonight. Anyone wanna throw down? 

Edit: Y'all. I used to be on a wired connection. Moved outta my apartment a month ago and the WIFI I use has to be worse than @TWINBLADESduring a thunderstorm. I haven't ever had so many stutters and disconnects ! I wanna play, but y'all deserve better playing conditions than what I can offer. So until I get my own place again (which likely won't happen for a while), I'mma be on the bad stuff.  

Back to playing Ghostbusters I guess...

Edited by ToreyBeans
1 hour ago, ToreyBeans said:

Alright, I'm finally playing tonight. Anyone wanna throw down? 

Edit: Y'all. I used to be on a wired connection. Moved outta my apartment a month ago and the WIFI I use has to be worse than @TWINBLADESduring a thunderstorm. I haven't ever had so many stutters and disconnects ! I wanna play, but y'all deserve better playing conditions than what I can offer. So until I get my own place again (which likely won't happen for a while), I'mma be on the bad stuff.  

Back to playing Ghostbusters I guess...

Damn, I would have played. I could have busted out my iron tiered skills. I'm wired so no option select for me, like I have when I play on WiFi from my grandma's house.

13 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Jesus if the Elphelt leaks are real I might actually install Strive just to play the bitch.

Don't give in and be strong. Strive is still a shit game and Elphelt will play nothing like her previous self plus lose all the gimmicks or depth 

Instead why don't you talk abiut Ed coming back soon