Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

21 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

This is pretty much ass for the spectators because online tournaments aren't at all fun to watch.  And then we end up with situations like this where nobody even knows half the players in Capcom Cup this year and they're playing for the biggest prize ever.  Shit just seems whack to me.  

If Street Fighter 6 came out during (in my opinion) the golden age of fighting game majors, that would be the sickest thing ever. Between 2009-2019 era. 

The only thing that keeps me engaged with the online tournaments is the points betting LOL

Edited by elliephil

They need to go back to the 2019 Capcom Cup format or at least something more like it. Because of the way the current format is constructed, you can make a tournament from all the top players that didn't get in and it would actually be deeper in talent than Capcom Cup. There are only 3 players from Japan. It would only be 2 but Gachikun got in via an offline premiere. You know damned well that wouldn't be the case in the classic format. I'm not a stan for Japanese players but I recognize the strength they have. There would be like two dozen Japanese players in CC under the old format. The same issue holds true for NA and EU just to a lesser extent. Then you have Angry Bird and Mena, who would be the top 2 players under classic format, in the same group. 🤨

LMAO I never play during the day cause of work but had some downtime beforeI had to pick up my son from school.

And MF's wanna rage quit casuals now lol.

This Dhalsim player matched up with me and he had a 3 win streak and he beat me fair and square 2-0 in our first match. Then he quit so he one and done me in casual.

Then I placed a Rashid and he left after I won 2 in a row against him.

Next match I get I match up again with the Dhalsim again.   As you can see, he has a 4 win streak now so I was his next match after he one and done me.

Well, this is how it played out...

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

JP's level 2 is just such a stupid move.  Literally every time it's used, it hits the opponent.  I mean these pro players can't even defend themselves in the LCQ when it's activated.

Just the dumbest move in the game.

Everyone was wondering why Daigo wasn't parrying against it and it turns out that it was a true block string lol.  

7 hours ago, Jocelot said:

I know a lot of people have joked about how this should've been the boxart, but seriously. This should've been the boxart.

I also like it because beside being visually nice remind me this

c48fc99c08017b5eb530400c6b5a7acd.jpg

and on general old pieces where Ryu interact with the new hero (even if lol at Abel being SF4 hero)

e97d9ccea53cf24d044de65cc4bab8b7.jpg

SFV lacked it, even if story mode tried to compensate lol

XtAWGIZ.jpg

57 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Damn I think I'm becoming an Ed gooner.... I really wanna get my hands on him.

Pretty interesting that all the dlc characters so far are rated at high difficulty. But the smartest players will find ways to make them dumb

2 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Damn I think I'm becoming an Ed gooner.... I really wanna get my hands on him.

Pretty interesting that all the dlc characters so far are rated at high difficulty. But the smartest players will find ways to make them dumb

Tricky, Hard and Long range.  I'm most surprised about the hard and long range because I'd say in SFV he was mid to close range and Easy.  Seems like almost a completely different character and I'm for it.   

17 hours ago, purbeast said:

JP's level 2 is just such a stupid move.  Literally every time it's used, it hits the opponent.  I mean these pro players can't even defend themselves in the LCQ when it's activated.

Just the dumbest move in the game.

15 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Everyone was wondering why Daigo wasn't parrying against it and it turns out that it was a true block string lol.  

This is exact scenario is the biggest reason why i do not like parry/just defend/flawless block mechanics in FGs.

In theory it starts out as a well-intentioned idea to give an extra option on defense, which I really like actually. But then in practice every single time it turns into a justification for making certain offense options completely degenerate with your parry mechanic being to only consistent way to fight back.

In fact sometimes you need to make certain options a bit dumb because otherwise these mechanics end up completely invalidating certain kinds of attacks/strategies. 

17 hours ago, purbeast said:

I'm legitimately surprised that in 2024 year of our lord, a super like that made it into an SF game. We already know how its going to play. Just like any time you have a move that you can use as a fireball meaty.

Anyways blame the people who hype up Third Strike.

36 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

This is exact scenario is the biggest reason why i do not like parry/just defend/flawless block mechanics in FGs.

In theory it starts out as a well-intentioned idea to give an extra option on defense, which I really like actually. But then in practice every single time it turns into a justification for making certain offense options completely degenerate with your parry mechanic being to only consistent way to fight back.

In fact sometimes you need to make certain options a bit dumb because otherwise these mechanics end up completely invalidating certain kinds of attacks/strategies. 

Parry in SF6 is still leagues better than dealing with 3S parry. The world isn't quite ready for people jumping at you and air parrying your anti air. If this was 3S, JP would jump at you, you'd do something dumb like try to DP it, he'd parry it, have time to do a J.HK after parry, hit you and land to do a ToD.

Remember Kids: Alex is a cuck and 3S is actually ass. 😂

6 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Just parry bro.

I don't mind parry because I like having something to do on defense and I like having strong offensive options.  That said, JP's Level 2 definitely needs a nerf.  I'd also nerf his OD Amnesia, there's no reason that should do as much damage as it does and send you full screen to have to deal with his nonsense again trying to close the distance.  

Edited by HeavensCloud
42 minutes ago, JustBooming said:

No way to sugar coat this, but I want a Blanka player to win a tournament 

Blanka is just a lot of fun to watch to me.  I find him annoying as hell to play against because he's basically pure shenanigans and something about his combo animations look a bit clunky, but I will still admit he is fun to watch.  I think he's fun to watch because he's just so different to watch than the other characters.

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I know some people don't like Punk for reasons about his personality and shit, but dude definitely belongs in Capcom Cup based on his skill.

His reactions are just unreal.

Punk's talent level can't be debated. He's one of the most talent players in the world. He's inability to "just take the L" is why he gets so much hate.

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Punk's talent level can't be debated. He's one of the most talent players in the world. He's inability to "just take the L" is why he gets so much hate.

Yeah I don't follow it too much to be honest, and I've seen him on Twitter and can see why people don't like his bluntness of his attitude, but I was watching his stream when he lost his Capcom Cup qualifier against that young guy, and he was not a sore loser in any way at all.  He gave the guy compliments and stuff too.  

Punk is a Chaos God on twitter.

Extremely talented at these games. But as a Chaos God, the also brings either lunacy or peak entertainment at random. I don't think we can appreciate how insane its about to get if Punk qualifies and wins Capcom Cup.