Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Guest Characters? In MY Street Fighter?

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hopefully Elena is the WTF character Capcom is hinting at.

Tbh i don't find Elena to be a WTF char (unless we speak about people still be mad over SF4 lol), actually i'd be more surprised if she never make it in SF6

Whatever, if we are lucky we get to know S2 list soon

In few days we're going to get Fighting Pass trailer, maybe there they will announce something

Or maybe 7th

30 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Marisa seems so much better when everyone else besides me is using her lmao. Way less braindead than I thought she was. Also I have never hated lows more than I do playing this character Jesus Christ lol

Joking aside, I think this character is really cool. She does a lot of things I really like in FGs but tailored for SF6. I love that she does lots of “chip damage” in the form of devouring chunks of the opponents drive gauge for blocking her attacks, and I love how her high damage means that stray hits from her actually matter and add up FAST. It feels like everyone is always going for some minute long 20 hit multi drive rush combo ending in super…meanwhile Marisa punches you really hard 2-3 times and hey you lost 40% lol. 

Nice to see someone seeing the light. 

Posted (edited)

Man shoutout to Capcom for nailing the feel of Marisa’s hits and animations. Her heavy buttons are the definition of big dick normals I feel like a damn gorilla. Even when they block my attacks it feels like I’m still devastating them lmao

It is such a good feeling knowing that the other guy has a 90% life lead and he’s still afraid of me smiting away 50% of his life bar. 

I’ve never felt more manly playing another character. No fireball, no resources, no long combos, just me swinging for the fences until one of us dies

Edited by Vhozite

Been splitting my time between Manon, Marisa, and Chun and I’m not really sure who to go with.  Each character has things I really like and things I don’t.

Spoiler

Manon is my favorite character aesthetically, and I love how exciting her neutral is  -  vacuum buttons, one hit confirms, ironclad AA’s. However, she feels BY FAR the worst of the 3 to play in terms of being a viable and her weaknesses are frustrating to play around. 

Chun-Li is the most well-rounded of the 3 and besides a command grab it feels like she has every tool you could want. On the other hand she is definitely the most technical and execution heavy character and I feel like she takes a lot of homework to play. Also slightly less exciting than the other 2. 

Marisa has weaknesses that I struggle with but she also makes up for hit by hitting like a Mac truck and (imo) being significantly more straightforward to play. The middle ground between the other 2. 

3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Been splitting my time between Manon, Marisa, and Chun and I’m not really sure who to go with.  Each character has things I really like and things I don’t.

I noticed a bunch of players that started out with Manon and then switched to Marisa. I think she does a lot of the same stuff just better. I think Manon could still use some more buffs imo.

Posted (edited)

--The additional characters have been announced as part of a "character pass," and it has been announced who will be added first.

Nakayama:

I've felt this way since the previous game, but when we released the character pass, I felt bad that players would end up buying a pass without knowing who was in it. If you bought it and it was filled with only obscure characters, you would be disappointed.

From the player's perspective, we want to eliminate as many unpleasant aspects as possible, so we decided to announce the additional characters all at once. It's not confirmed, but I'm sure we'll continue this way in the future.

-Finally, please tell us your enthusiasm for the second year.

Nakayama:

Thank you for playing this past year. The game is only worth playing if people play it, so we will continue to develop it so that players can enjoy it to the fullest. We will also be announcing additional characters for "Year 2" in the future, so please look forward to them. I'm sure that as soon as you see them, you'll be surprised and say, "What are you doing!?"

Edited by Dragonfave723
17 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I noticed a bunch of players that started out with Manon and then switched to Marisa. I think she does a lot of the same stuff just better. I think Manon could still use some more buffs imo.

That’s kind of the thing with Manon she isn’t “literally unplayable” tier or anything, but sometimes you play her then go to another character (like Marisa) and it feels like Piccolo taking off the weighted clothes lol. 

The wake-up drive reversal universal change and b.hp being +1 on block are pretty damn good for her, so I don’t want to go too hard dooming about the patch. But at the same time I think she falls into the same trap as a lot of resource based characters where it’s why play them when this other character does the same thing from round start. 

“Why play Manon and build up medals to do big damage when you can just play Marisa and always do big damage.”

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

The wake-up drive reversal universal change and b.hp being +1 on block are pretty damn good for her, so I don’t want to go too hard dooming about the patch. But at the same time I think she falls into the same trap as a lot of resource based characters where it’s why play them when this other character does the same thing from round start. 

Yeah, it's the same thing with Jamie.  They gave him a bit more damage and easier way to get drinks, but at the end of the day he still he has to drink and he'll always be slightly held back by that resource mechanic.  Top players just aren't picking him up and it's a bummer.  There's still no reason to pick him instead of say Cammy or Dee Jay unless you really love the character for some reason.  

7 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

We will also be announcing additional characters for "Year 2" in the future, so please look forward to them. I'm sure that as soon as you see them, you'll be surprised and say, "What are you doing!?"

From this translation feels like there's not a single "WTF character" he seems to imply Season as a whole would be seen as crazy

Love it

Guess some popular pick would still be in, but feels like they may have been bold on more than one slot

4 hours ago, Jocelot said:

You guys think....

He's talking  about guest characters?

I doubt

SF has been fine without guest when it was in difficult times, SF6 being acclaimed success make it even less needed

Like to SFV the crazy jump has been get Akira from RS, who still was Capcom property just like Final Fight characters... or Arika costumes, but Arika did a SF game and these were just costumes (and while at it, Hokuto-Karin was way cooler than Karin lol)

So at most extreme i think they may have got a char from a Capcom-owned game, not true Guest

But tbh this if happens feels more like late seasons stuff, at this early phase feels game is missing so many "normal" returning characters that's to soon to get bizzarre mode looking outside SF

My guess is we will get a S2 made of SF characters (maybe some new and very creative), just people will be surprised by picks they did, because not necessary they will fit fan popularity and may include chars we currently give not 1$ chance

And doubt it's whole Season either, let's say my praying reached teh Gods and we get 6 char season... they will probably pick at least a couple of REALLY liked chars, maybe a couple of full weirdo picks and couple of normal/relatively liked ones

Do like that and reasonable person would consider it a cool mix made balancing need of sales and creativity, yet day after you will find the internet  going histerical about them being "CRAZY" for adding the two weirdos and not they XXX or YYY or ZZZ favourite

Feels like Nakayama is just playing safe saying in advance that Season2 is'nt going to blind blowjob SF weird char-fanbases, so suck it up and go cry in eventhubs comment section 😂

At the moment only two characters that may have a bit hint of join S2 imho are Menat and M.Bison

Nothing sure but still

Btw if this end up true would already mean S2 have at least two characters who woul have positive reaction by fans (and i admit it as somebody would prefer Bison to show VERY late like Season 4 or 5 lol)

We will also likely see Bosch hiding at Luke's gym/camp in WTM, but i've the impression he may become an official char on a later phase

3 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I'm torn as to whether I should save up for the SFV/Alpha 3 music or just get the 3rd Strike bundle now....

Buy whichever games' music you're least likely to actually boot up again and play.    

There's only one answer here.

Btw going by crazy theories wonder if WTF pick could be a Darkstalkers lol, strange pic choice

GPDTZoOXEAADqqH?format=jpg&name=large

Morrigan would get the "crazy" effect lol, yet not many will complain

1 hour ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Credit to Shang for finding these:

KfYmv2N.png

XetPay4.png

Using the space on the left wonder if we can hope for 5 chars with bit of overlapping of the "character pass" tag

KfYmv2N.png

But it's likely that this is bullshit theory, because banner is the same for both regular and ultimate pass, so that banner may need space to show what extra contents Ultimate have on top of all ones offered by regular character pass🤔

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Btw going by crazy theories wonder if WTF pick could be a Darkstalkers lol, strange pic choice

Interesting if it pans out. IIRC, that image is taken from one of Luke’s bondings in World Tour same as that pizza one. Though I wouldn’t want any Darkstalkers to appear in this game because of the story nerd in me.

11 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Interesting if it pans out. IIRC, that image is taken from one of Luke’s bondings in World Tour same as that pizza one. Though I wouldn’t want any Darkstalkers to appear in this game because of the story nerd in me.

y2ot9wbljl4b1.jpg

Would not like DS in SF6 either (and i would love a modern console DS), " yet not many will complain " is just based on my guess that majority give no fucks about game keeping coherent style, many just love silly crazy shit

Add SF6 engine Morrigan* would be hot af and here we are lol

Ironically to some extent a "DS" char made it to SF universe... a version of Ruby Heart made it to SFV canon and she was born as DS concept lol

* done for the lulz, here's mine

Spoiler

morrigan.jpg

morrigan-2.jpg

got Demitri too lol

Demitri-2-0.jpg

But avatar stuff is for fun, would prefer DS to stay the fuck out of SF, specially considering how many important SF chars are still out

Sagat OR Adon - Elena - Dudley - Fei Long - Cody - Laura pls

Even see just 1-2 in S2 would make me happy

But seriously get one Thailand Muay Thai rep is #1 priority as we speak lol

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Tbh feels strange, we have ingame file hinting currently Bison just looks like SFV one

26_bison-search-log05.jpg

Hope they don't waifu him too because gimmick is becoming repetitive lmao

We all know Bison loves to possess female bodies lol