Stage Select

The Movie Thread: Wait? Not Everything is Marvel or DC!?

Looks like it could be decent. I'll go see it. 👽

Edit: I didn't quote anything, I accidently hit the icon with my thumb while picking the alien emoji. I don't know how to get rid of that shit on my phone. 

Edited by Chadouken
On 3/20/2024 at 10:07 AM, Chadouken said:

Looks like it could be decent. I'll go see it. 👽

Edit: I didn't quote anything, I accidently hit the icon with my thumb while picking the alien emoji. I don't know how to get rid of that shit on my phone. 

Tap on the quote box and in the upper left hand corner you'll see a circle with a cross in the middle. Tap that circle and hit back space. 

On 3/20/2024 at 12:25 PM, Lantis said:

So we still doing the Alien thang eh?

At least Ridley Scott will only be a producer this time

Prometheus was such a damned waste. I didn't bother with Covenant. I saw so called scientist roaming around an alien world with no suits on in the trailer and was like nope. This shit is going to be stupid as hell too. 

4 hours ago, Hecatom said:

It feels like the fandom that was never there. I’ve never heard anyone say anything positive about avatar outside of it looks pretty. 

Unobtanium is still such a laughably bad name for a MacGuffin. I don’t see how anyone can take the films seriously or think there’s any sort of depth or substance  after that name drop early in the first movie 

15 minutes ago, iStu X said:

It feels like the fandom that was never there. I’ve never heard anyone say anything positive about avatar outside of it looks pretty. 

Unobtanium is still such a laughably bad name for a MacGuffin. I don’t see how anyone can take the films seriously or think there’s any sort of depth or substance  after that name drop early in the first movie 

Unobtainuim is a real world used in the real science community. 

https://www.techtarget.com/whatis/definition/unobtainium#:~:text=Unobtainium is a term used,other than not actually existing.

So no it's not stupid. It's a real.word that describes reql situations lol. 

I liked Avatar and have found most of the people who shit on it do so by dunking on the actual real science in the movie they dont know anything about, or by saying it's just Dances with Wolves in blue paint and I can easily boil your favorite story down to its tropes and basic narrative points to, that isn't hard. 

I'd you haven't met anyone who liked those movies it's because you're purposefully ignoring the people who liked them. They made billions of dollars and got lots of praise, both of them. 

If you didn't like them that's fine, but stop trying to fool yourself into believeing that everyone else hated them to. They didn't. Way of Water made 2.3 Billion Dollars. If people hadn't liked the first one they wouldn't have gone to see the second. 

Edited by RSG3