Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

The last 3 chapters of Xenoblade has just been exposition dump the game. Reminded me a lot of Xenogears as for those 3 chapters had little to no game play. 

but like, fuck 

Shulk’s technically a reanimate corpse that served as a vessel for god. Because JRPG’s. 

Fiora actually died and was not just made into a Mechonis to survive her being attacked at Colony 9. She’s also a vessel for a god. 

Fiona also has what I’m assuming Mechonis cancer or some shit? Cause she’s dying. Again. 

The Mechonis God is a pretty chill chick. But she dead. 

Dickson is a fuck face McGoo racist zealot (I actually hated this revelation as it was barely built up. I don’t like swerves for the sake of a swerve) 

Alvis is fucking MGS3 Adam playing triple agent. I’m just waiting for him to do pistol tricks. 

Bionis is a fucking dick. 

Zanza who is also Bionis made the Monado but the Monado also corrupted him some how? Still trying to figure that one out. 

I really don’t like how they millennium fisted you with all this story, lore and exposition at basically the end of the game. Cause the game basically has no story until Algomoth and even then that’s questionable. Really there’s no real story until Sword Valley which is about 80 hours deep. 

oh, also, the cast is kinda horrible from a morality stand point. All of them fucking lie to each other and keep secrets even though they all continuously promise not to do that. 

I’m honestly just glad to be almost done with this game. It’s good but it drags on for fucking ever. I want to play XBC2 or some other RPG 

Edited by iStu X
7 hours ago, iStu X said:

I’m honestly just glad to be almost done with this game. It’s good but it drags on for fucking ever. I want to play XBC2 or some other RPG 

I was playing Castlevania last night and a notification popped up that you were playing XC and I chuckled a little remembering your posts about it here lol. Glad you made it to the end, I know that feeling. 

Edited by DoctaMario
10 hours ago, iStu X said:

oh, also, the cast is kinda horrible from a morality stand point. All of them fucking lie to each other and keep secrets even though they all continuously promise not to do that. 

You are not wrong, except Riki did nothing wrong... in game.

Also XBC2 does it's cast better in explaining stuff but the overall story is similar in structure for better or worst. That being said I would recommend it especially as the DLC Torna is the best Xenoblade Chronicles game but is best with the context of at least the first five or six chapters of XBC2.

XBC has sooooooo overstayed it’s welcome. I barely give a fuck at this point. I have no intentions of 100%ing this game, going through new game+ or even doing the epilogue. I just wanna be done. 

just lemme kill god or become god or whatever and lemme be done with it. This shit is dumb. 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@iStu XI liked the game more than you did from what I've been reading and I didn't care for the Epilogue. It was a giant waste of time IMO.

Don’t get me wrong. I think the game is great. For the most part I’ve had a blast playing it. However between chapters like 12-17 there’s been tons of points where if that was the end of the game I would have been super satisfied. 

but the fact it just keeps going and going is just fucking draining. I don’t feel the ending of game is going to reward the amount of time I’ve put in. 

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch (Pro?) Thread v. E3 Direct Hype!: Game Builder Garage 6/11 - Mario Golf: Super Rush 6/25
13 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Bad news @RSG3and @YourFavGrandpaCotton Reboot! And Dariusburst: Another Chronicle EX+ has been delayed to late July.

network closing GIF

I was SO ready to play some Darius next Friday while jamming out to ZUNTATA bangers!

That does suck but I already have Cotton Reboot preordered and I own both Cotton 1 and 2 so I'm not like...chompin at the bit to play. The new reboot mode will be dope but I can wait. I wasn't gonna spring for Darius Burst for a while still tho. 

I'm not a very big fan of Darius honestly. 

On 6/1/2021 at 7:01 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

@iStu XI liked the game more than you did from what I've been reading and I didn't care for the Epilogue. It was a giant waste of time IMO.

My second attempt at forcibly trudging through it, I managed to make it to right when you meet the advanced magic civilization, and then completely ran out of fucks to give. 

I had been running on fumes consisting of false promises and unmerited hype for a good 20 hours by then.

I couldn't even muster the fucks to be upset about all that wasted time.

I just let it go.

Legend of Mana HD Remake is finally up for preorder on the eShop. So I preordered it with the quickness. I actually think it’s the only Mana game I’ve never played. 

i remember borrowing it from a friend a long ass time ago but I don’t think I ever got around to playing it. I’m not 100% sure on either. I’ve played a lot of games since it’s release lol

Edited by iStu X
40 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Legend of Mana HD Remake is finally up for preorder on the eShop. So I preordered it with the quickness. I actually think it’s the only Mana game I’ve never played. 

i remember borrowing it from a friend a long ass time ago but I don’t think I ever got around to playing it. I’m not 100% sure on either. I’ve played a lot of games since it’s release lol

Its my favorite Mana, Super replayable, but it's also really obtuse and cryptic. 

6 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

Cotton Reboot! received an English translation, so that's definitely less money I have to pay out to Amazon Japan. Dariusburst I'm fully comfortable waiting on.

He's talking about the English version of Cotton. It's been delayed. 

I’m on chapter 17 of XBC definitive. How many more do I have? I’m steadily losing all my motivation to finish the game due to dragging on forever. Which sucks the game is amazing but damn…it’s trying to squeeze every last drop out of me.

Which is annoying and kills my motivation. I kind ma just wanna move on to something else. 

edit: apparently I’m on the last chapter. Thank god. I still doubt I’m going to do the dlc though. 

Edited by iStu X

150 hours and some change later I finally beat Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive. 

I have to say one of if not my favorite part of the game is a particular part of the ending. Riki, Reyn, Sharla and Juju at the docks. Riki told his wife he’d bring home tons of fish but is making Reyn do it. Yet when Reyn says he’s tired of fishing and tells riki to do it, Riki angrily climbs of Reyns back and chokes him out with the fishing pole screaming “REYN CATCH FISH FOR RIKI!” and they fall over in a heap. 

Like I legit laughed out loud for a good 15 seconds. Just pure Heropon violence. 

I’ll write a summary or whatever later. I’ll say this though, playing through this made me want nintendo to port XBC X to the switch even more. I owned it for the Wii U but never got around to playing it. 

I’ll probably do extra story as I hear it’s fairly short (about 20 hours to 100%). Just not right now. That game was fucking taxing in so many ways. I need a break from being a video game boi . 

Edited by iStu X
8 hours ago, iStu X said:

150 hours and some change later I finally beat Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive. 

I have to say one of if not my favorite part of the game is a particular part of the ending. Riki, Reyn, Sharla and Juju at the docks. Riki told his wife he’d bring home tons of fish but is making Reyn do it. Yet when Reyn says he’s tired of fishing and tells riki to do it, Riki angrily climbs of Reyns back and chokes him out with the fishing pole screaming “REYN CATCH FISH FOR RIKI!” and they fall over in a heap. 

Like I legit laughed out loud for a good 15 seconds. Just pure Heropon violence. 

I’ll write a summary or whatever later. I’ll say this though, playing through this made me even want nintendo to port XBC X to the switch. I owned it for the Wii U but never got around to playing it. 

I’ll probably do extra story as I hear it’s fairly short (about 20 hours to 100%). Just not right now. That game was fucking taxing in so many ways. I need a break from being a video game boi . 

Felt the same I even started the epilogue while in the second half of the game, but after the last push gave it a break. I really should go back and finish it.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch (Pro?) Thread v. E3 Direct on 6/14!: Mario Golf Super Rush 6/25 - Monster Hunter Stories 2 7/9

Ended up just saying fuck it and started XBC2. 

god…the menus, navigation and combat are so vastly different and so far not for the better. 

the little loli girl, Nia with the tiger blade is awesome tho. I love her so far. 

this mother fucker Rex straight up said we’ll win with the power of friendship. I’m in some weeb ass shonen apparently. Fuck my life 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Ended up just saying fuck it and started XBC2. 

god…the menus, navigation and combat are so vastly different and so far not for the better. 

the little loli girl, Nia with the tiger blade is awesome tho. I love her so far. 

this mother fucker Rex straight up said we’ll win with the power of friendship. I’m in some weeb ass shonen apparently. Fuck my life 

Dude, XBC2 is a great game but it is Anime as Fuck. Also watch out much like the first one some sections feel like they go on forever.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch (Pro?) Thread v. E3 Direct on 6/15!: Mario Golf Super Rush 6/25 - Monster Hunter Stories 7/9

I’m not a fan of the lack of  enemy behavior in XBC2 when it’s pretty much a standard thing to have that kind of system in ARPG’s. It’s either you toggle off aggro completely or aggro is on completely. That’s sill to me 

also not being able to access old tutorials seems extremely fucking dumb to me 

Edited by iStu X

It’s so weird and still incredibly fucking jarring how different XBC2 is compared to XBC1. XBC1 was very serious, some what grounded and everything just kinda flowed. 

XBC2 is the most anime shit ever. Tropes, facial reactions, character arc types, visual gags, the whole fucking 9. It’s not exactly a good thing either. Most the time it’s kinda cringe and completely takes me out of the game or makes me just not fucking care about the Heroes Journey I’m on. It’s kinda disappointing. 

don’t get me wrong, XBC was pretty tropey  on its own but it was more generic rpg characters along with generic rpg arcs and not all the dumb shonen shit that I hate. 

also the way point system for this game is fucking ass and I hate everything about it. The gatcha mechanic I thought would be cool but I really hate it too. 

and again, I hate the lack of real enemy behavior AI and not being able to take second looks at tutorials. 

as of now I really don’t see myself finishing XBC2

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, iStu X said:

It’s so weird and still incredibly fucking jarring how different XBC2 is compared to XBC1. XBC1 was very serious, some what grounded and everything just kinda flowed. 

XBC2 is the most anime shit ever. Tropes, facial reactions, character arc types, visual gags, the whole fucking 9. It’s not exactly a good thing either. Most the time it’s kinda cringe and completely takes me out of the game or makes me just not fucking care about the Heroes Journey I’m on. It’s kinda disappointing. 

don’t get me wrong, XBC was pretty tropey  on its own but it was more generic rpg characters along with generic rpg arcs and not all the dumb shonen shit that I hate. 

also the way point system for this game is fucking ass and I hate everything about it. The gatcha mechanic I thought would be cool but I really hate it too. 

and again, I hate the lack of real enemy behavior AI and not being able to take second looks at tutorials. 

as of now I really don’t see myself finishing XBC2

There are some things that I think were a back step battle mechanic wise from XBC/XCX in comparison to XB2 and it took a long while to get used too.  The thing that I really don't like is not being able to move and attack at the same time to reposition yourself around the enemies.  Don't know what upgrades to the system Torna made but I've heard people enjoy the battle mechanics in Torna better.  I still haven't finished XC2 yet myself but I'll get to it at some point.

9 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

There are some things that I think were a back step battle mechanic wise from XBC/XCX in comparison to XB2 and it took a long while to get used too.  The thing that I really don't like is not being able to move and attack at the same time to reposition yourself around the enemies.  Don't know what upgrades to the system Torna made but I've heard people enjoy the battle mechanics in Torna better.  I still haven't finished XC2 yet myself but I'll get to it at some point.

Torna is a lot more fun, you still are not able to attack while moving but they speed up the combat. It has less flashy supers, simplify the element combo chains and instead of switching weapons/specials switching between the blade characters/the drivers to access the different specials made combat much more enjoyable. I honestly hope whenever we get another Xenoblade Chronicles game they base it off of Torna.

And as a reminder if you have not done so, DO NOT download the latest system update. It has borked my system so I can't download most updates for software or even demos. Haven't tried a game yet but I am not hopeful. After messing with it most of today mostly all I got it to do was update Capcom Arcade Stadium or whatever but everything else is fucked with this same error code. The games I have are still playable by canceled the update but demos like Game Builder Garage are unaccessible. My PA/vent before bed night all.

9 hours ago, Wellman said:

And as a reminder if you have not done so, DO NOT download the latest system update. It has borked my system so I can't download most updates for software or even demos. Haven't tried a game yet but I am not hopeful. After messing with it most of today mostly all I got it to do was update Capcom Arcade Stadium or whatever but everything else is fucked with this same error code. The games I have are still playable by canceled the update but demos like Game Builder Garage are unaccessible. My PA/vent before bed night all.

All I did was turn off and on my switch and that seemed to fix it 

Edited by iStu X
5 hours ago, iStu X said:

All I did was turn off and on my switch and that seemed to fix it 

Yeah, tried that and formating the cache. Most of my games still won't update. I know there was mention of doing some DNS stuff I haven't tried but so far aside from an update to the Capcom Arcade software nothing else downloads. Hence the warning I thought it was safe as well but so far it has been a hassle and I downloaded the update after they put it back up.

11 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Yeah, tried that and formating the cache. Most of my games still won't update. I know there was mention of doing some DNS stuff I haven't tried but so far aside from an update to the Capcom Arcade software nothing else downloads. Hence the warning I thought it was safe as well but so far it has been a hassle and I downloaded the update after they put it back up.

Weird.