Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

10 hours ago, bakfromon said:

This  makes me think he's the type of villain who's seen in the public eye as  someone of worth yet is gaining his power through begotten means.  I wonder if JP may have succeeded in where Bison and Gill sort of failed at in gaining means to power by darker means under the radar of suspicion and managed to be seen as beneficial publicly. 

Gill by the time of SF6 still has not been publicly exposed as evil, proof is he's currently allowed to promote his cult

Street Fighter 6 Discussion/Speculation Thread News - Capcom | Page 13 |  ResetEra

Bison  i think have different approach to JP

It's true that Bison at some point had to appear before a judge under normal law trial terms (funny if e think about it) and used his gimmicks to get out, but he turned into open hstility as soon he had the military power to declare his indipendence from governments laws

I think Bison never tried to "be accepted", he simply could not try pull his true plans till he was powerful enough

We still don't know much about JP but seems compared to Bison he want to build his power within society rather than contrast it, my early impression is that he accepted try to rule declaring war to the world lead to failure(something that Bison in his pride will never accept), while having a mask that goes along with society open many doors (see he godess/princess of Nayshall*)

Seems too me that JP is more than happy to be the one that pull the strings without necessary be recognized as the leader, kinda like Rasputin was accused to do

*wich as @Daemosonce said create great parallel with Rasputin-Zarina Aleksandra

Curious fact Aleksandra suffered heavy migraines and Rasputin was said to be able to cure her... wonder if as parallel JP may use his PP to inflict some kind of unpleasant effects on the girl and pretend to "cure" her by simply stop doing it

6 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Gill by the time of SF6 still has not been publicly exposed as evil, proof is he's currently allowed to promote his cult

Street Fighter 6 Discussion/Speculation Thread News - Capcom | Page 13 |  ResetEra

Bison  i think have different approach to JP

It's true that Bison at some point had to appear before a judge under normal law trial terms (funny if e think about it) and used his gimmicks to get out, but he turned into open hstility as soon he had the military power to declare his indipendence from governments laws

I think Bison never tried to "be accepted", he simply could not try pull his true plans till he was powerful enough

We still don't know much about JP but seems compared to Bison he want to build his power within society rather than contrast it, my early impression is that he accepted try to rule declaring war to the world lead to failure(something that Bison in his pride will never accept), while having a mask that goes along with society open many doors (see he godess/princess of Nayshall*)

This is interesting because we now have a trend of how the newer main villains are becoming less traditionally "Muhaaahaahahha I will take over the world!" 

to something more cunning and with a somewhat tangible tie to real world injustice. 

SF3 has the Illuminati, which on the ground level seems like some sort of newly established cult by the time of SF6, but we know they've gone so far as to influence and kidnap individuals like Necro and Effie for experimentation. 

SF4 has Seth who was the CEO of a weapons company that ultimately had ties with Shadaloo and had spawned from them in a sense. Yet, in the public eye S.I.N could be  established as a weapons manufacture/ merchant. 

I tend to think G to be the "true" boss of SF5 unlike Necalli. G is similar in that Menat senses that he has the propensity to some great power. She can't sense what he might use it for besides influencing his constituents. That maybe a double edged sword depending on his affinity which is questionable beyond what G says himself; " President of the World". 

Now we have JP in SF6 and it seems that his backstory is trending to a sense that he is the villain but we don't know his motives and he almost seems like one of the regulars. 

Edited by bakfromon
13 hours ago, bakfromon said:

This is interesting because we now have a trend of how the newer main villains are becoming less traditionally "Muhaaahaahahha I will take over the world!" 

to something more cunning and with a somewhat tangible tie to real world injustice.

At cost of be repetitive i feel that Akuma cripple SF ability of get new bosses

I mean i have no problem with some bosses to be on smaller scale or more indirect kind of villain, but if they ever want to sell us a straightforward  new asshole that claim to be the strongest #1 martial artist, you need to get rid of Akuma*

Otherwise you will ever have capcom guys somehow find a way to tell you guy never was the real big deal because Akuma could have put a beating on him if he wanted to lol

At least with Bison recycle you can tell that while they're guilty of lack of creativity and not trusting their own new villains (both Necalli and G got pathetic support in SFV), at least they don't seem to threat Bison as some sort of personal fetish that must be ever #1... Bison have clear limits and capcom guys don't have problems to show it

Not that i want to see Bison ever be the Boss again (and if "never" is'nt an option, pls not before SF10 lol**), but i can appreciate that the char existence does'nt hold back whole SF universe development.

On other hand, we have Akuma handled like some holy thing that should never be doubted

Last time Akuma role was seriously questioned has been in SF3 almost 25 years ago, with Oro put him in a situation where could have been killed (at cost of mutual destruction of course)... i know some may point in SF4 Gouken "defeated" him, but i guess not everybody understood the meaning/dynamic of that duel

Gouken thanks to Mu no Ken had a perfect defense and Akuma could not harm him, wich Akuma himself in his pride considered a defeat, but on reality it was a stalemate... that's the amount of gimmicks capcom would pull to not make Akuma just fall in the dirt face first lol

JP feels very interesting and i'm sure will have better arc than most SF bosses, the premise for the little we know seems good, love the idea of a vicious SF Rasputin/JP Morgan hybrid as villain

Yet at same time i've hard time get much hyped

Or better, i'm VERY interested to see his story and will be cool to see Ken get his revenge, but can't shake the feel when all is said and done whole shit will feel like SF just got a filler arc, a mini story that entertained us but does'nt shake much SF world pillars (like Seth one, but better written), fear Ken's achievement will end up kinda like in Ryu Final manga Ken defeating Gill, wich was just the appetizer

This does'nt mean smaller scale story can't be as good, actually i know many prefer that  and make easier create new good stories compared to retarded DBZ escalation, i just don't like SF world being forced to exist under low ceiling because Capcom so far lacked the balls to make Akuma fall, turning him into an "has been"

From there i would still like also small stories, but would be nice to know there will ever be the possibility of get a new asshole Boss (possibly NOT from Japan lol) that straight claim to be more powerful than anybody we ever seen, including Akuma... and be credible while saying it

*wich does'nt necessary mean kill him (doubt capcom will do it, sadly he sell well), even just have him greatly weakened after the inevitable final fight with Ryu would work

** hi@Daemos😄

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIII don't agree that Gouken vs Akuma in SFIV was a stalemate. Akuma lost. If he hadn't, Gouken would be dead. At that point in time Akuma had already developed multiple techniques of his own. He wouldn't have needed to rely on Shun Goku Satsu to finish off his brother.

Also if it was a stalemate, I don't think Akuma would be as wildly obsessed in the following sequels with finding a technique that can defeat MNK (which he did in SF5 as we saw in the fight with Ryu).

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIII don't agree that Gouken vs Akuma in SFIV was a stalemate. Akuma lost. If he hadn't, Gouken would be dead. At that point in time Akuma had already developed multiple techniques of his own. He wouldn't have needed to rely on Shun Goku Satsu to finish off his brother.

The stalemate was that Akuma could not harm Gouken due Mu no Ken, and Gouken was likely able to defend any attack using it, not just SGS... example see Ryu using it vs Necalli

MnK works against anything thrown with murder intent (and other stuff), not just vs one technique

So that's why Gouken is not dead, Akuma could not strike him at all

On other side that defense seems to take 100% of Gouken effort as beyond defending himself he does'nt kick Akuma's either and at the end Akuma is unharmed too

Not only that, Akuma LEAVE

Akuma was ready to a "fight to the death"

Reason he leave is not Gouken was kicking his butt (Akuma would have likely accepted death), but the fact that Gouken's MnK deny even the possibility to have a fight to the death, so was pointless stay there keeping try

Akuma realized with his current techniques he would not be able to pass Gouken defense and there will be essentially no fight

Depending on how we want to consider it can be either a stalemate (in many interpretations of what is "fighting" you can't win without attack, regarless how perfect your defensive performance has been), or a "moral victory" for Gouken, as he denied his brother to have that clash to the death.... Gouken's defense have been successful, Akuma's attack unsuccessful

Capcom in SF4 did'nt gave us Akuma getting his shit kicked out of him or see him overwelmed/submitted

If we don't count the very very old Gouken-Akuma fight only example i can think of Akuma straight losing to somebody is Garuda (and that is'nt SF canon lol)

v

Spoiler

Garuda tracked down Akuma, believing that he was the source of power that Garuda had noticed, and attacked him. As the living embodiment of Satsui no Hado, the more that Akuma tapped into his murderous intent, the stronger Garuda became until Garuda succeeding in defeating Akuma, nearly killing him. Garuda then realized that Akuma was not the source of the power, and immediately left in search of the true source, leaving Akuma to suffer his fate alone. Knowing that he could never win against such a demon, Akuma remained hidden until Garuda could be wiped off the face of the earth by another...

Capcom never gave us this in SF, unless we want dig very far in a past where Akuma was'nt even the one we know

Trust me, i wish was the case... would make things waaay more interesting, but it is what it is

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

For real. Akuma literally couldn't even touch Gouken.

Gouken could likely have shredded Akuma...but has no interest in fighting him.

2 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

For real. Akuma literally couldn't even touch Gouken.

And i agree with this...

Gouken could likely have shredded Akuma...

...i disagree with this (sadly)...

...but has no interest in fighting him.

...and i kinda agree with this

I think to reach such level of defense Gouken's Mu no Ken was so pure that offense/attack/intention of harm was absolutely nowhere in his soul or intention, all his ki and focus used to dispel opponent's attacks

Essentially my theory is in that situation renounce to harm is not an option or a personal decision, but an essential requirement to reach the perfect nothingness

Sure, Gouken could probably get out of that state and switch to attack, but in that moment he would lose his perfect defense and be vulnerable himself

His "untouchable" SF4 feat feels to me deeply linked to him behaving as a pure "shield", while Akuma behaved like a pure "spear", trying to go through and kill... the spear could not pass, so the shield technically won that kind of challenge (wich lead us to SFV Akuma working on a new spear able to pierce through) ending up in a stalemate where defender successful defended and attacker failed

Make me think at some monks facing demons imagery, where the demon regardless how powerful and still unscathed have no option but to leave, because there's nothing he can do there

We can assume since Ryu used MnK as counter tool (vs Necalli or just Kakko Fubatsu -> Isshin move), Gouken surely could do the same and come up with something similar, we even already know he's good at use counters... but we are in theory land, and parry a strike is'nt the same as parry it with such success that create an opening to strike on your own, very different things.

We seen Gouken could surely do the first on Akuma, but we got no proof of the latter

We know though that Oro could not kill Akuma without expose himself to the point of die as well... of course Oro can't use MnK (as far we know) but speak volumes of how also in SF world offense phase include a component of risk

"The two have fought each other to a draw, as the fight was called off due to the two fighters sensing that if they fought each other seriously, it would result in a mutual kill."

Oro is probably (much?) better than Gouken, yet Oro agree that trying to kill Akuma would lead to his own death too, on other hand Gouken who was defensive whole time never felt in danger of die, to the point Akuma himself admit he can't kill him and leve

Would be curious to see where/how/why Ryu's MnK failed against Akuma in SFV, but we just find him defeated on the ground after the fight

Ps: and this as somebody that WISH Gouken would have put a humiliating beating on Akuma... i mean the one we did'nt got in SF4: Akuma beated up and angry having flashbacks of Gouken kicking his butt back in the days, throw a tantrum and go away, humiliated as he was in the Garuda thing.

Guess we got the best capcom guys were willing to give to us

Actually would love see chars like Bison or Gill put a beating on Akuma too lol (even if sadly would not make sense with canon as we know it)

But it is what it is

Edited by CESTUS III
3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

...i disagree with this (sadly)...

I think SF4 Gouken did beat SF4 Akuma and could've probably killed him. I think they actually did fight until Akuma realized that A) he cannot beat his brother B) His brother is actually not going to finish him.

Everything implies during that event implies that the two DID fight and Gouken leaving with Ryu unharmed tells you all you need to know about the outcome. Akuma came there hellbent on taking the kid and he didn't, which means he was physically subdued/repelled.

I don't think Gouken can shred Akuma past that point in time however. In fact, I am betting that Akuma will finally kill Gouken like he killed Gen in SF6 or SF7.

8 hours ago, Daemos said:

I think SF4 Gouken did beat SF4 Akuma and could've probably killed him. I think they actually did fight until Akuma realized that A) he cannot beat his brother B) His brother is actually not going to finish him.

I want believe it, i have no proof of it... if anybody can find pic of AKuma actually getting beated up or injuried, i would be happy

Or better, i believe case "A" happened but in that way i said where Akuma can't get past Gouken's defense

Everything implies during that event implies that the two DID fight and Gouken leaving with Ryu unharmed tells you all you need to know about the outcome. Akuma came there hellbent on taking the kid and he didn't, which means he was physically subdued/repelled.

We know they did fight

Is the victory (in traditional sense) of Gouken being the only possible outcome because Ryu is still there, to be the weak part... if was a draw or a stalemate knowing Akuma he will be disappointed with himself and leave Ryu there too

For how i see it based on what we actually got, is very possible that simply through the fight things never got past the starting point, with Akuma being unable to touch Gouken

Then if there was an unseen beating where Akuma got his ass beated by Gouken then i blame it on Capcom because

-is shitty storytelling that create more ambiguity in the canon, and because Gouken defeating him should be big deal considering how they chase every unneeded excuse to SHOW us Akuma flexing on bosses/pseudo bosses to remind us "Akuma stronk, stronkest!"

-they keep that shitty Akuma-privilege fetish and they're reluctant to show him defeated (we even have Gen that seen the fight, we should have seen it through his eyes)

The line i'm trying to make is indeed between subdued/repelled... i believe Akuma was repelled, i don't believe was subdued (unless we mean forced to admit fight wll go nowhere past stalemate)

To make clear my position is that i WANT to believe things are gone in that way you people are saying, but if we try to determine canon events we can't fill the empthy parts with interpretation we prefer

We never seen the fight, we don't know the real outcome of the fight, we did'nt seen Akuma defeated or even just talking about a defeat, we just know that Ryu was'nt taken by Akuma and that Akuma now seem focused on develop a technique to , both things that are compatible with a draw/stalemate too

I don't think Gouken can shred Akuma past that point in time however. In fact, I am betting that Akuma will finally kill Gouken like he killed Gen in SF6 or SF7.

Yeah, idk about SFV, i think there was still praticing both the technique and fight without rely on SnH (wich may be why one with Kage has been rare case he had difficult time at begin), but as you say i think by the time of SF6 he likely used years of timeskip to achieve that spear he was looking for... so yeah i expect spear will pierce the shield next time

Also because under narrative point of view have Akuma fail again would not add much, would damage the hype they're trying to settle, would not offer the motivation we need for Ryu to finally claim he had enough with this Akuma shit lol

Reality is i just feel capcom guys don't want let Akuma go and try to pretend it's to don't close Ryu arc

Ryu getting past Akuma would not necessary be the end of Ryu, just the end of Akuma as cheap spammed incarnation of baddest guy around they seem to love so much

Actually if Ryu getting past Akuma would be the end of Ryu arc as viable character that can be used freely, will be only their fault for pushing Akuma so high that whoever defeat him on screen could not be used anymore as credible "ordinary" character that can be involved in middle-level stuff

Even if in childish way this will "benefit" Ryu, as with that W will be seen as "superior", personally as Ryu fan never wanted that

Would have prefered Akuma to be just another defeatable Gill/Bison level kind of character, beat him should be big deal but nothing so extreme that random new Boss will lose meaning as threat

Edited by CESTUS III

In these days  i'm wondering about some Character Creation stuff

How you people think they will handle weapon styles?

Like, if one set JP as normals CC will have a stick, but will keep it also performing specials of other (unarmed) characters?

Same for the opposite, our CC have Luke normals, but a Lily Special using her war maces... maces will appear out of nowhere?

Curious to see how they will handle all this, tricky situation

PS: also i'm sure just like SFV Falke, in SF6 JP, Lily and other future weapon users will get different weapons based on costume, wonder if we will have access to these too for character creation

On 2/14/2023 at 2:04 AM, Daemos said:

/THIS. Gouken is in SFV training Ryu. This is seen more than once. Akuma wasn't leaving without Ryu. He's not going to have discussion with Gouken. They would have to fight. And as we know Gouken won't kill Akuma. And Akuma has no issue with killing brother. His brother is alive SFV, so Akuma lost. That is the only thing that makes sense. 

I agree with your assessment going forward as well. Gouken seems content now. He's passed the torch to Ryu. He doesn't seem to have the same drive to improve now that his "son" is well on his way to carrying on the legacy of his version on Ansatsuken. Akuma is still as driven as ever. Akuma won't stop until someone kills him or he just dies of old age.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

/THIS. Gouken is in SFV training Ryu. This is seen more than once. Akuma wasn't leaving without Ryu. He's not going to have discussion with Gouken. They would have to fight. And as we know Gouken won't kill Akuma. And Akuma has no issue with killing brother. His brother is a live SFV, so Akuma loss. That the only thing that makes sense.

But this make just as much sense in the scenario where they fought and result was a MnK-imposed stalemate

What i don't understand is these points being repeated when don't disproof what i say, i even said to agree with most of these

Based on capcom stuff we have no proof of Gouken being able to harm/submit Akuma

We just have proof Akuma was'nt able to harm Gouken, wich by itself does'nt automatically translate into Gouken's victory (at least not in traditional beating-his-ass sense)

To pull an ancient warfare comparision, when there was a siege defenders on the walls did'nt needed to go out and destroy the enemy army... if besiegers (attackers) realized they had no chance of success at take the city they would just retire, basically admitting "defeat" even if basically unscathed

They may learn from that experience and plan to retry in future though, likely bringing a new bigger cannon to destroy the walls that stopped them the first time (just like SFV Akuma seems to do)

You say Akuma was'nt leaving without Ryu, yet we know somehow he did

Example from his words seems Akuma implied Ryu would have been "the prize" in case he won, but if he could not harm Gouken he could not win, so why try to take a prize he did'nt deserved by winningon the battlefield? Ignore the fact his technique just failed, and try to kidnap him anyway like a thief would not be much akuma-like

His pride was already shattered by being unable to go through MnK, try to take Ryu after that would just have added further humiliation

All that or Gouken indeed beated his ass leaving him unconscious/unable to move on the ground and took Ryu leaving the place, wich is possible but again we have no proof of that (and would be very big omission on capcom side tbh)

We can add canon wise Akuma in SFV actually accepted Ryu's decision to walk his own path, so the intention to convert him to SnH not only became secondary for Akuma compared to evolve himself beyond SnH and find new technique to break MnK (as step needed to keep rise and "surpass" humanity), but we even see Akuma being willing to renounce that "SnH Ryu" plan despite weak defenceless Ryu being there under his foot and no Gouken around to prevent the kidnapping

Seems clear to me SFV canon tell us Akuma changed priorities as soon he discovered in MnK a power that makes SnH useless... what's the meaning of "killing intent" power, if it fail to kill?

We have two possible outcomes that make sense with what we got (draw/stalemate or Gouken's victory) and we are picking one as the only logical option?

Seems wrong way to determine what's canon, we should declare one the truth when canon itself give us the answer

It's the option i would prefer as personal taste too (Gouken's victory), but if we start declare black or white where Capcom actually left gray areas, become hard to point where the true canon ends and our assumptions begin

Like i personally consider more likely the stalemate scenario for a bunch of reasons, but i can't rule out the possibility Gouken indeed straight won the fight in traditional beating sense, because both are possible options with what we got so far

To point where i've been wrong on the way of chose words and i have to admit it, is that reading my post above i said it was a stalemate as if i can be sure of that (instead just very inclined to believe so), but if i was asked to proof the stalemate with actual canon elements i would have to surrend and admit capcom gave us no proof of it, just like we don't have proof of the other scenario (Gouken straight beating his ass) either

We (myself included) should be careful to avoid fall in this trap, otherwise we risk to pass from put "gouken is undead zombie" guy on SF-canon wall of shame and next day have our picture next to his 😆

@Darc_RequiemSpeaking about less boring stuff (and because forum dynamics rarely moves past starting points lol), as fellow character creator what you think of this?

16 hours ago, CESTUS III said:
Spoiler

In these days  i'm wondering about some Character Creation stuff

How you people think they will handle weapon styles?

Like, if one set JP as normals CC will have a stick, but will keep it also performing specials of other (unarmed) characters?

Same for the opposite, our CC have Luke normals, but a Lily Special using her war maces... maces will appear out of nowhere?

Curious to see how they will handle all this, tricky situation

PS: also i'm sure just like SFV Falke, in SF6 JP, Lily and other future weapon users will get different weapons based on costume, wonder if we will have access to these too for character creation

Depending on solution can open up to some interesting situations

that Udon cover makes me worry about Sean, and also the story revolving on Ken also makes me worry about his fate in future Sf.

that this might be the last SF of either Sean or Ken... I'm not gonna be surprised if one of them is killed off in this games backstory.

before I was just worried about Sean and now with Ken because of the huge build up and dev talk hype about Ken, which is him the perfect character to be plot twisted to die because of being a shoto clone like Sean, then they bring Mel Master into future SF under Sean or Ryu. The other way around is just they dispose Sean but they are trying in a way of a good exit.

I always feel since SF4 and Sf5 that Capcom purposely separate him from his co-new generation character in SF3 like Ibuki, Lee bros and Elena by creating a huge age-gap, from SF3 young characters appeared on SF4 as is compare to Sean being change and de-age into more younger character. While character like Ed in SFV were Age instantly to fit the cast.

For Ken, i feel that the hype might be an intentional misdirection to retire Ken character as another shoto clone despite not really the most shoto clone next to Ryu because would Akuma but Akuma is $$$ guarantee despite some niche dislike him for niche reason.

7 hours ago, Daemos said:

That Akuma looks 80-90 years old... It's impossible, because he's going to fucking DIE soon! :bison:

SnH is hell of a drug 🤣

Any way is good to get rid of that trash and move on with SF universe 😄

Meanwhile in real world capcom already put excuses to postpone the Ryu-Akuma fight needed to get rid of the trash, iirc i've read somewhere even after timeskip Ryu feels he's "not there yet". SF7 fucked already 🥲

4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Seems a profitable exchange, we should sign that shit 😄

Honestly, with as much grey hair and wrinkles the World Warriors are showing these days that might as well be an animated version of  Ryu and Akuma in their epic exchange of fists (canes). 

If JP is supposedly the Boss of this new game (wielding a cane and locks of grey hair) this only goes to further the theory that the “S” in “SF6” stands for senior citizen.

@Darc_Requiem It's pretty good, just a few inaccuracies within the vid, but overall a good presentation and the dramatic dialogue makes her story sound more interesting. 

Some Inaccuracies/errors include:

• HBTW says that Chun-Li resided in Hong-Kong, though her SF2 flag states she's from China, whilst Fei Long hails from Hong Kong. Chun-Li in the SFII V animated series does reside in Hong Kong, according to the wiki, but canonically, she's from China.
  • Chun-Li was influenced by BOTH Bruce Lee (film) AND Peking Opera (theatre), video states that she's was inspired by Bruce Lee's movie: "Peking Opera"
  • Doesn't mention any part of Chun-Li's or C. Viper's Aftermath story
  • Not really an error, but def spent way more focus than there should be when he talked about SF Ties that Bind. Chun-Li's involvement wasn't as significant, and he talks way more about what happened with Ryu
  • HBTW mispronounces Li-Fen's name, calling her by the DOA Chinese fighter "Leifang" 
  • I know there isn't a lot of SF6 story to go off on, but I think he also could've mentioned a little bit of Chun-Li's SF6 bio, where she is a beloved member of her community, and her kung fu classes are now open to students of all ages (as seen in the World Tour trailer). 

But I thought it was a good video, definitely made Chun-Li's story more interesting, and the video does work in that it paints Chun-Li as if she was  the main protagonist of the story. The video does show that she does indeed go through an arc, finally making a transition at the end of her revenge journey.

Edited by Chun-Li_Forever
2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2023/feb/20/sf6-launch-roster-sf2-characters/

Admit did'nt even bothered read EH's article, just jumped in to feed on folks bitterness lol 🤣

Meanwhile Capcom rubbing balls on their face by dropping Dhalsim and even motherfucking HONDA in start SF6 cast, Capcom bless

This is dead horse argument. Didn't even bother with the article. People want the same old shit while complaining about the same old shit. It's par for the course in gaming.