Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

On 4/29/2022 at 8:36 PM, Chun-Li_Forever said:

My thoughts behind the Blanka in a suit costume: the Blanka-Chans have been selling so well that he is now the CEO of the company that mass produces not only Blanka-chan dolls, but the Saikyo-boy dolls, and all of the other Capcom Street Fighter dolls that appear in the SF universe.

spacer.png

Ken-chan is coming

6 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I disagree.  Don't get me wrong, convict Cody sucks, but the guy who doesn't care about anything but fighting becoming mayor makes even less sense.

Especially POST convict Cody.  Who's voting for him?!

The same people that voted for the pro wrestling street vigilante that proceeded him. I'm from Virginia. Oliver North nearly won a Senate seat after getting off on treason via technicality.

Edit: For Reference

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_United_States_Senate_election_in_Virginia

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Skort said:

The face of an honest man right there. 

lrVQfeEm_400x400.jpg

Missed opportunity not having this as his stage intro at round start

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b073a73da8bf724629

Is Cody really the "fanfare" type? I feel he's a politician that likes to work from the back and not have any of the media dig up any of his criminal history.

54 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Is Cody really the "fanfare" type?

Hard to tell because

1 - in his stage intro his quote is  "desk work just isn't my thing you know"  . While swinging his knife in the air.  More than hinting he is just there to get down to business

JampackedAfraidEyas-max-1mb.gif

2 - HOWEVER, in his round WIN animation he waves  to the crowd. Kinda like politicians do, so there is some showing off to the public to be seen there.

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

So,i guess he tries to be a mix of both.

Edited by Skort
9 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Post prison though, I think Streetwise Cody is way better than mayor Cody.  It's a great blend of his FF and Alpha designs.

cody-streetwise.jpg

Idk dude, that design (and game on general) ever felt bit too "western" bland realistic for my taste in SF

I don't deny it worked for Streetwise that had his own style, but for SF i like if they keep things bit more anime

9 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

WHO VOTED FOR HIM?!

A violent convict that REPEATEDLY broke out of prison!  How did that campaign work?  Who the fuck did he run against?  Sodom?!

How is he even free?  Breaking out of prison adds a TON of time to your sentence!

My guess it's simply about continuity

Metro City people give no fucks about traditional politics, all they know is that under normal politics MC was like a favela on roids, then a crazy vigilante did something that felt like a miracle and fixed the city... now dude is about to retire and told them he trust this young man to be the perfect successor and keep things the same, of course they voted him no matter what 😄

Plus SF world is crazy 😄

31 minutes ago, Skort said:

Kinda random but i would be okay if they added Byron to SF 6.  Was hoping he was one of the characters that would eventually make it as a playable character in SFV's DLC but it never happened.

general_byron_taylor__screenshot__by_agn

He also has a moustache like my dad's , so that's a win in my book.

Only if it is revealed he was an Illuminati agent (but was a Shadaloo agent during the SFA/SF2 until 'Aftermath').

We've been hearing about Charlie and Guile's corrupt superiors for decades. It is time to meet them at last!

10 hours ago, Skort said:

Kinda random but i would be okay if they added Byron to SF 6.  Was hoping he was one of the characters that would eventually make it as a playable character in SFV's DLC but it never happened.

general_byron_taylor__screenshot__by_agn

He also has a moustache like my dad's , so that's a win in my book.

Would be ok with it too

But please give him CQC as official fight style and make ABEL the official SF Sambo rep pls

On reality there would be better definition as "CQC" itself is more a generic term than an actual martial art but Solid Snake made the word trendy and DoA dropped it on Leon, so i guess is fair game at this point lol

Something closer to an actual fighting style could be MCMAP, but guess would not sound as cool as CQC lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Corps_Martial_Arts_Program

24 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Guys.... Who is the Fire Herald?! Is he/she coming to SF6? When will we see Gill's left hand!

Been asking for that character since Kolin was revealed with her ice powers. For balance purposes, should be a guy. We need way more Illuminati characters to fill it out to Shadaloo levels

Also...

https://hokuto.fandom.com/wiki/Kazan_Kogai_Koho

Technique from Hokuto No Ken where the user's skin darkens to black and their flesh becomes as hard as steel

Don't think I need to point out who that parallels

spacer.png

Edited by YagamiFire
Just now, YagamiFire said:

Been asking for that character since Kolin was revealed with her ice powers. For balance purposes, should be a guy. We need way more Illuminati characters to fill it out to Shadaloo levels

Also...

https://hokuto.fandom.com/wiki/Kazan_Kogai_Koho

Technique from Hokuto No Ken where the user's skin darkens to black and their flesh becomes as hard as steel

Don't think I need to point out who that parallels

I remember this! Everything starts and ends with HNK!

Waiting for Bison to return with a new Matoki aura technique to utterly dispel Ryu's foresaken Musou tensei! Bison has put in the training and Ryu will be so ill-prepared for this new evil in SF8!?

3 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Waiting for Bison to return with a new Matoki aura technique to utterly dispel Ryu's foresaken Musou tensei! Bison has put in the training and Ryu will be so ill-prepared for this new evil in SF8!?

Ryu has his Ultra Instinct...now Bison needs his Ultra Ego

Edited by YagamiFire
43 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I read that as foreskin and the sentance made too much sense. Had to do a double take.

On 5/2/2022 at 12:39 PM, CESTUS III said:

Idk dude, that design (and game on general) ever felt bit too "western" bland realistic for my taste in SF

I don't deny it worked for Streetwise that had his own style, but for SF i like if they keep things bit more anime

I mean...the SW design is literally just his FF1 design with an added overshirt.

I dunno, maybe the art style of the pic isn't helping.
fOY1B8S.jpg

7 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Time to do V.Rosso rip-off

It's Smalt Raven's time!
SmaltRaven.jpg

Edited by DarthEnderX

Major twist for SF6...

The Illuminati fire herald is revealed...

...and it's Chris of the Orochi Clan from King of Fighters, thereby confirming that the Illuminati worships Orochi and the opposite elements to balance are "Creation" and "Nothingness"

Massive crossover confirmed with Street Fighter X King of Fighters, a 3v3 tag-game

You heard it here first

Source:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/040/390/cover2.jpg

Edited by YagamiFire
18 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I mean...the SW design is literally just his FF1 design with an added overshirt.

I dunno, maybe the art style of the pic isn't helping.
fOY1B8S.jpg

Idk dude, Cody was'nt wearing orange stuff as convict either, not sure why give him one now when he's free

Plus the volume of the shirt make his silhuette look "heavier", something i don't like much for Cody (notice despite muscle mass, in all designs they ever keept the waist area narrow) kinda like i disliked Axel SoR4 redesign for same rectangle shape (that and other stuff lol)

Only thing i would have liked Cody to keep from prison life are handcuffs, mostly because i thought would have been original/interesting if Cody by instinct developed a specific style to fight handcuffed and at this point prefer it over bare hands... would have been crazy SF enough, would take that over "he's holding back" gimmick explanation (specially considering same fighter does'nt mind use a knife lol)

18 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

It's Smalt Raven's time!
SmaltRaven.jpg

Fun thing is just mentioned couple of days ago to @Darc_Requiemthat we got close to V.Rosso rip-off with SF4 with him lol

Not the greatest fan of his concept as like C.Viper was a cheater, using some kind of battle suit (the baggy clothes guess are to hide it) to do electrick attacks... would prefer a more pure fighter like Rosso was, but better than nothing i guess lol

Your post made me look into old pc, found SR photoshop edit i did back then

https://i.ibb.co/XjsNmhS/4999aea58e11abb6371645de664069bb.jpg

+ alt colors lol

https://i.ibb.co/7ggmX2g/colors4999aea58e11abb6371645de664069bb.jpg

ps: half OT, same place found the Oro edits you asked me back to Cestus vs Kiki old SRK days 😄

Spoiler

https://i.ibb.co/1KTVP7W/sfv-concept-art-oro.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/6F9TrPt/sfv-concept-art-oro3.jpg

+ another concept done back then

https://i.ibb.co/bgM468z/sfv-concept-art-oro2.jpg

Edited by CESTUS III

@CESTUS IIII can't sleep so I decide to try and bring a couple of my concepts to life via the SCVI character creator.

Spoiler

Name: Charlene (Charlie) Nash

Nickname: The Sonic Siren

Sex: Female

Ethnicity: American

Height: 5ft 8in (1.73m)

Weight: 144lbs (65kg)

B/W/H: 35-26-36(89cm-66cm-91.5cm)

Hometown: Valparaiso, Florida

Appearance: Charlene has brown hair that is parted down the middle. Her hair is ear length on the left side and shoulder length on the right side. Charlene has an olive complexion. She has green eyes. Charlene wears a USAF dress uniform. She has on a white, short sleeved, collared shirt. A winged USAF logo is on each sleeve. Her upper right torso has name plate that says “Nash”. Charlene has her dog tags around her neck. She has a knee length dark blue skirt with sheer black stockings. There is a dark blue belt with a silver buckle around her waist. She has on dress shoes with no heels. Note: She carries a pair of her father's old glasses. They have dummy lenses. Charlene has 20/15 vision. She wears them to out of sentimentality and to appear older so her fellow airmen take her more seriously.

VzgxSlY.jpg

sLW3Yyc.jpg

SJsNv28.jpg

Name: Kalendza

Nickname: Czerwona Modliszka

Ethnicity: Polish (?)

Height: 6ft 2in (1.88m)

Weight: 181lbs (82kg)

B/W/H: 37-23-37 (94cm-58.5cm-94cm)

Hometown: Szczecin, Poland

Appearance: Kalendza is tall woman with a toned dense musculature. Hints of her muscle tone is visible through her form fitting clothing. Kalendza has long straight orange hair with bangs that stop just above her eyebrows and a long single braided ponytail that hangs down to base of her back. Her eyes are canary yellow and her skin is tawny brown. Kalendza wears ash (dark) gray tactical body suit that is bullet and puncture resistant. The suit has a zipper that starts at the waist and goes up to the center of her sternum. There is a flap that extends from the left side of her suit. It covers the center zipper of her suit by stretching over her torso zipping up on the right side of her suit. This design prevents the center zipper from being vulnerable to bullets or knife attacks. She has forearm length black gloves fashioned from the same bullet/puncture resistant material. There are two near identical black leather harness strapped around her left and right thighs. Attached to the left harness is a gun holster with a pistol resembling a PR-15 Ragun, This is a 9mm Semi Auto used by the Polish Military. The right harness house a knife resembling a Gerlach WZ 98 military combat knife. This knife has a 7 inch (177mm) blade that is balanced for throwing accuracy. Kalendza's feet are covered by long black boots that stop just below her knees.

TJJD1oZ.jpg

cSYl1Gy.jpg

Y2lgAGI.jpg

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIII can't sleep so I decide to try and bring a couple of my concepts to life via the SCVI character creator.

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Charlene (Charlie) Nash

Nickname: The Sonic Siren

Ethnicity: American

Height: 5ft 8in (1.73m)

Weight: 144lbs (65kg)

B/W/H: 35-26-36(89cm-66cm-91.5cm)

Hometown: Valparaiso, Florida

Appearance: Charlene has brown hair that is parted down the middle. Her hair is ear length on the left side and shoulder length on the right side. Charlene has an olive complexion. She has green eyes. Charlene wears a USAF dress uniform. She has on a white, short sleeved, collared shirt. A winged USAF logo is on each sleeve. Her upper right torso has name plate that says “Nash”. Charlene has her dog tags around her neck. She has a knee length dark blue skirt with sheer black stockings. There is a dark blue belt with a silver buckle around her waist. She has on dress shoes with no heels. Note: She carries a pair of her father's old glasses. They have dummy lenses. Charlene has 20/15 vision. She wears them to out of sentimentality and to appear older so her fellow airmen take her more seriously.

VzgxSlY.jpg

sLW3Yyc.jpg

SJsNv28.jpg

Name: Kalendza

Nickname: Czerwona Modliszka

Ethnicity: Polish (?)

Height: 6ft 2in (1.88m)

Weight: 181lbs (82kg)

B/W/H: 37-23-37 (94cm-58.5cm-94cm)

Hometown: Szczecin, Poland

Appearance: Kalendza is tall woman with a toned dense musculature. Hints of her muscle tone is visible through her form fitting clothing. Kalendza has long straight orange hair with bangs that stop just above her eyebrows and a long single braided ponytail that hangs down to base of her back. Her eyes are canary yellow and her skin is tawny brown. Kalendza wears ash (dark) gray tactical body suit that is bullet and puncture resistant. The suit has a zipper that starts at the waist and goes up to the center of her sternum. There is a flap that extends from the left side of her suit. It covers the center zipper of her suit by stretching over her torso zipping up on the right side of her suit. This design prevents the center zipper from being vulnerable to bullets or knife attacks. She has forearm length black gloves fashioned from the same bullet/puncture resistant material. There are two near identical black leather harness strapped around her left and right thighs. Attached to the left harness is a gun holster with a pistol resembling a PR-15 Ragun, This is a 9mm Semi Auto used by the Polish Military. The right harness house a knife resembling a Gerlach WZ 98 military combat knife. This knife has a 7 inch (177mm) blade that is balanced for throwing accuracy. Kalendza's feet are covered by long black boots that stop just below her knees.

TJJD1oZ.jpg

cSYl1Gy.jpg

Y2lgAGI.jpg

I like the second one, feels a fusion between SFV C.Viper and MGS The Boss, only thing maybe she's bit over tanned for a polish woman 👍

9 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Pietra, a new character to the SF universe, created by UDON.

I prefer to think it like

Pietra, a new character to the UDON universe, created by UDON.

33 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

She's not really Polish, it's just where the Shadaloo base that created her was located. 😉

Fucking shadaloos ever shitting on my need to get country rep characters🤔

As much i dislike headcanon shit to this day i still want to pretend Cammy is more english than the Queen 🤣

And german Falke, i mean being german af rep is like one of the few redeeming qualities Falke can offer to SF world (even if we have Hugo)

And Abel bein... no wait, i'm fine with Abel not being really french lol, if guy can't be ukranian or russian because capcom shitty scifi obsession i accept the silly lab for once, dude will ever be waaaay more Emelianenko than Douillet, 70/30 if i want to be generous 😄

We got Remy who's more french than a baguette anyway

9 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Fucking shadaloos ever shitting on my need to get country rep characters🤔

As much i dislike headcanon shit to this day i still want to pretend Cammy is more english than the Queen 🤣

And german Falke, i mean being german af rep is like one of the few redeeming qualities Falke can offer to SF world (even if we have Hugo)

And Abel bein... no wait, i'm fine with Abel not being really french lol, if guy can't be ukranian or russian because capcom shitty scifi obsession i accept the silly lab for once, dude will ever be waaaay more Emelianenko than Douillet, 70/30 if i want to be generous 😄

We got Remy who's more french than a baguette anyway

Hey I made up for it with a real Polish character and my version of Decapre is actually Russian. 😉

2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

They invent characters that are less crappy than some of the actual SF newcomers?

That's not false actually, but this is another problem again

I share some pessimism at their (Capcom) ability to create new characters, both by results and dropped concepts i think even just SF4 was better, having stronger idea about what SF character design should be about

And i have zero problems with  random fans creating or imagining their own charaters... but udon stuff have a large audience/western media exposure, result being some shit that would not have made it as concept itself may get a push because bunch of western people said to like it on teh internet

Again, i don't trust much current people to create great newcomers (and i say it as somebody that still want see lot of newcomers), but i definitely trust less teh internet to know what a good character design is

Edited by CESTUS III
23 hours ago, Daemos said:

Bison invading sing-alongs at camps in the woods to ominous music is giving me fucking life right now. Give this man his own slasher movie now!

I usually hate any SF kind of crossover in western shit, but no shame admit Brawlhalla one put smile on my face 😁

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

Hey all, check it out...

Other potential inspiration for Gill...

Callisto's Light/Shadow from Gundam Crossbones

spacer.png

Light and Shadow are brothers and Light achieves the title of "President" of the Jupiter Empire.

Fun thing is that original Gill was supposed to be black-white skin too 😄

Just now, Shakunetsu said:

Source https://automaton-media.com/en/news/20220512-12505/

Capcom has announced its consolidated financial results for the year ended March 31, 2022 (April 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022). In it, the company states that a portion of the business operated by Capcom U.S.A. had been transferred to Capcom on April 1, 2021. Although not explicitly mentioned, the transaction likely includes the rights for the Street Fighter series as well.

The Street Fighter series was born in Japan, but its IP rights were transferred to Capcom U.S.A. at some point. Although no official announcement had been made, character designer Akira Yasuda wrote a blog in November 2004 saying that Capcom sold the rights to Capcom U.S.A., so it'll be difficult to publish art books going forward (the blog post had since been deleted, but there's an archive via Wayback Machine). If you look at the copyright notice, most of the past series titles have ©CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. written on it, and not ©CAPCOM CO., LTD.

Click to shrink...

"The purpose of this transaction is to build a unified content management structure for the business acquisition company through integrating the Game Contents business and Merchandising business from the business transfer company. Thus, we aim to increase profits and brand value through further development of our Single Content Multiple Usage strategy."