Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Btw Ed and JP have same owl symbol, so guess latter got psycho powers because he's another Neo Shadaloo freak, or at least a former one

I'm telling you, JP is the OG Soul/Psycho Power user and has taken Ed "under his wing" (eh? eh? see what I did there?) so the bird symbol connects them...but the dude is gonna be evil

8 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

Some story related leaks from 4chan.

[snip]

That thread is beyond disgusting, by the way. I feel like I ate a turd.

People complaining about Cammy and Chun having pants.

People vomiting every sexist, racist and generally ignorant insult they can reach in their mind, and deploring SF "is gone woke", "panders to the SJW" and the usual beastliness.

Eurgh.

7 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

People vomiting every sexist, racist and generally ignorant insult they can reach in their mind, and deploring SF "is gone woke", "panders to the SJW" and the usual beastliness.

Eurgh.

Yeah, I try to avoid that site at all cost.

8 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Eurgh.

Bruh you realize it's 4chan right? 😋

What’s really depressing to me if the Ken leaks are true is that every other World Warrior is in a better place than him. Ryu is seen as a living legend and well respected, Chun Li moved past her father’s death/disappearance and now takes care of someone, Guile is at peace with Nash’s death and is a family man, Blanka is reunited with his mother and friends with Sakura and Dan, Zangief is seen as a hero to his country and several fighters look up to him, E. Honda runs a successful bathhouse, and Dhalsim runs a Yoga school with many people seeking his advice.

Ken… loses the girl he’s been with since Alpha 1 and is now seen as washed up when he was known as the US champion. He stopped entering tournaments unless Ryu is there because he loves his family so much and he just loses it all because he wants to be like Ryu? He was already having less and less prominence in the games so seeing this is really upsetting. Guess they had to take away his happy ending since SF2 in order for them to do something “interesting” with him.

6 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Ken… loses the girl he’s been with since Alpha 1 and is now seen as washed up when he was known as the US champion. He stopped entering tournaments unless Ryu is there because he loves his family so much and he just loses it all because he wants to be like Ryu? He was already having less and less prominence in the games so seeing this is really upsetting. Guess they had to take away his happy ending since SF2 in order for them to do something “interesting” with him.

Violent Ken origin story gotta start somewhere, right?

5 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

What’s really depressing to me if the Ken leaks are true is that every other World Warrior is in a better place than him. Ryu is seen as a living legend and well respected, Chun Li moved past her father’s death/disappearance and now takes care of someone, Guile is at peace with Nash’s death and is a family man, Blanka is reunited with his mother and friends with Sakura and Dan, Zangief is seen as a hero to his country and several fighters look up to him, E. Honda runs a successful bathhouse, and Dhalsim runs a Yoga school with many people seeking his advice.

More than anything it goes against the canon narrative that family Ken is best Ken as fighter too 

Wich was nice because was a full circle: Ken's family (parents) as kid was going to shit, wich made him become rebel, wich made him end up in dojo 

Ken having perfect family as adult and finding there is greatest value to fight for, felt like a char that completed himself 

But tbh i'm curious to see if bitter/angry/proud Ken is going to fight more dirty and violently

4 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I kinda relate my 9 year relationship with Ken in 2012 but I don't have a Ryu and a Mel in life.

After that I started exploring every hobby that I skipped because of having a different priorities and mindset that time when I was in a relationship. haha

I think Ken's gonna be in a more difficult situation after that and that Capcom is just setting this up to him to be for Luke taking his appeal in the future games. He might even die 😞 

I just hope that he is not divorced and that he was hacked or something and trying to find the culprit with help of his friends and family

19 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Honestly, why the heck should even Eliza ditch him? It doesn't make sense, but then again they could go through Cody's route: falling and rebirth... Maybe with an advice from Cody himself, like "Don't make my mistakes, you moron."

That assuming the leak speaks the truth, obviously...

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
4 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

it's very bleak, but it's a 4chan leak iirc? Immediate alarm bells.

And didn't the same leak mention the "dog tags" were for Mel? And really, the chain thing around his neck doesn't look like a dog tag at all. 

I think we might well see a disillusioned Ken, an unfulfilled Ken, but not a broken down and out "lost everything including Eliza and Mel" Ken. 

Edited by JustBrowsing
56 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Eurgh.

Yup, sounds like 4Chan.

Even the people who post on 4Chan know it's the open sewage of the internet.

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

I'm telling you, JP is the OG Soul/Psycho Power user and has taken Ed "under his wing" (eh? eh? see what I did there?) so the bird symbol connects them...but the dude is gonna be evil

the interessing part is that Ed have the "owl" affiliation as flag next to german one, while JP wear the symbol but he's supposed to be mysterious ( have "?") as affiliation 

One first piece of the puzzle should be understand if the owl is the new Neo Shadaloo symbol... 

the wings remind Shadaloo skull logo, and the owl in greek imagery was the symbol of wisdom. 

So make an owl with shadaloo like wings feels like say "we don't forget/deny our origins, but we are wise enough to learn from errors of the past"

Wich would be a very "Neo Shadaloo" message 

On other hand owl being a so important ancient greek symbol make me wonder if Illuminati have anything to do with this change of logo... interessing notice Ed does'nt wear his NS uniform too, maybe something during the timeskip already prevented them from become a Shadaloo 2.0? 

What if JP host Bison spirit and gone away from the owl affiliation because it will not lead to his resurrection as Neo Shadaloo was supposed to do? 

Or simply dude was evil/got corrupt by Psycho Power and now want become the new Bison? 

Would fit late SFV narrative that Bison is gone but Psycho Power not 

What if meaning was less mysterious than we thought: as long PP is around somebody else will be corrupt and will try to fuck up the world

1 hour ago, mikros said:

If things go really bad for Ken I guess it might be a sign that Rose is eventually going to fix some things through time travel.

I also have some unfounded suspicion that we might see different versions of characters in the game, related to that.

Interesting idea that might be revisited in the later season who knows. I still think we'll get tons of guest characters latter on

21 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Necalli was never going to kill Bison.

Yeah the likely possible one is that base on the initial SFV trailer were Necali wasn't involved with Bison

11 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Not from a narrative standpoint. They setup Rose's importance in SFV.

Yes, but, as Rose's apprentice, anything set up by Rose can be followed through by Menat.

And Menat was one of the unqualified successes of SF5.

10 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

So originally, the story was supposed to be that Necalli KILLS Bison, which is why Ryu was supposed to awaken the Power Of Nothingness to beat him at the very last chapter.

That certainly would have made more sense with what they set up...

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

It feels like they're fucking over Ken the same way they fucked over Cody in Alpha.

Only worse, cause Ken had a whole family.  

1 hour ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

but then again they could go through Cody's route: falling and rebirth

So I've got, what, 20 years of loser Ken to look forward to?

Edited by DarthEnderX
9 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

Side thought: while I take the whole Ken thing (as described by that cesspit's "leak") as likely a nonsense, Ken going through crap (as hinted by his model, art) and going off the rails could open up interesting interactions with his sister-in-law's husband c.f. being a family man

ironically Ken going close to divorce like his own father in the past, may push MEL to have same reaction kid Ken had around same age

Just now, DarthEnderX said:

Yes, but, as Rose's apprentice, anything set up by Rose can be followed through by Menat.

And Menat was one of the unqualified successes of SF5.

Sure, but Rose is Rose. She is the fucking Queen, and we have enough damn kids in this base roster. Menat is also a damn airhead who can't tell the future if it hit her in the damn face. And make no mistake, we are in the future.

27 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

What if meaning was less mysterious than we thought: as long PP is around somebody else will be corrupt and will try to fuck up the world

No it's even less mysterious than that. This is a very old villain trope.

"It is not by my own power that I am resurrected. It is a greed of humanity which calls me back. And thus, by might, I rule. Might becomes the one and only justice in this world!"

— Dracula (from Castlevania).

tDp5GaR.gif

Bison is inevitable...

20 minutes ago, Daemos said:

"It is not by my own power that I am resurrected. It is a greed of humanity which calls me back. And thus, by might, I rule. Might becomes the one and only justice in this world!"

— Dracula (from Castlevania).

I prefer the old classic quote.

The new characters that interest me the most so far are the Rasputin-looking Russian guy who definitely seems a villain (what a time to start giving characters precise nationalities again Capcom) and the French chick, but especially the Rasputin guy.

Just now, Phantom_Miria said:

I prefer the old classic quote.

The new characters that interest me the most so far are the Rasputin-looking Russian guy who definitely seems a villain (what a time to start giving characters precise nationalities again Capcom) and the French chick, but especially the Rasputin guy.

I don't know about Rasputin... I'm waiting to see how they tie-in yet another character to Bison - the fulcrum on which the entire SF plot rests.

I am hoping he is actually G/Q related, or even Illuminati related as these threads are still somewhat open ended after 3S.

But it seems we will deal with Neo-Shadaloo first in SF6.

2 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Honestly, why the heck should even Eliza ditch him? It doesn't make sense, but then again they could go through Cody's route: falling and rebirth... Maybe with an advice from Cody himself, like "Don't make my mistakes, you moron."

If Ken is following in Ryu's footsteps then that means he's not spending time with the family. It must have reached a point where Ken became neglectful.  

33 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

That guy looks nothing like Rasputin.  Rasputin was a church peasant guy.

JP is privileged as fuck.

Yeah but what if it's indicated he actually IS Rasputin? And is still alive...cuz he's a soul-vampire?

Oh also thinking Rasputin was some church peasant is a bit of a mistake. The dude was a charismatic con-artist that seems to have been a borderline cult-leader. Dude was in tight with the czars family. Didn't get better than that back in the day.

Edited by YagamiFire