Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

52 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

It looks very nice...but I still hate it. Didn't want realistic looking SF...

The open world stuff is really unnecessary.

Yeah it's "unnecessary" if you want the series to just get thrown into a shallow grave. Shockingly, people want CONTENT with the games they buy

Also it's not really 'realistic' looking. The game's, in many ways, a 3d expression of a lot of SFIII. It's got good texture work and attention to detail, but it's very stylized.

2 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

So excited for this! Laura Bailey will forever be my #1 favorite VA, and I'm so eternally grateful for what she's done with Chun. But I'm 100% for the VA change. As an Asian-American myself, I absolutely LOVE seeing representation. So congrats to Jennie! (She's also the voice of Suki in Avatar Last Airbender if y'all want a reference. For something a little more recent, she's the 2nd main girl character in Hi-Rise Invasion on Netflix)

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

That's definitely Li-Fen. Kimberly has long braid ponytails with black hair. The girl Chun was training didn't  

The girl training with Chun in the trailer could very well be Li-Fen. 

And if it is indeed Li-Fen, then it looks like we have a pretty good idea of how long the time-gap is from SFV to SF6. She looks just like Sakura's age when she started Street Fighting. SO maybe a 10 year gap?

Also, another clue, notice the pandas on her headphones. Li-fen in her Capcom C.R.I profile art has a panda on her shoulder bag. Maybe Li-Fen could be a playable character, or maybe it has to do something more story based? Li-Fen is mentioned in Chun's SF6 profile.

Some shots I found interesting in the World Tour part of the trailer.

vLDNTXG.jpg

Abigail’s garage is still around.

2Tv0NEh.jpg

A statue for Hagar has been erected. The large words has “Metro City Revitalization Memorial”. Did Haggar pass away?

enO93vq.jpg

ZyUQZWX.jpg

There is a group of people with boxes on their heads. Perhaps they are Mad Gear members. A later part of the trailer has Jamie beat some up.

OWPPjhR.jpg
GWAL3t0.jpg

As you may know, Damnd makes an appearance as well.

dN8qecG.jpg
cGiObfZ.jpg

Unlike the other mooks and bosses of Mad Gear, he looks like he is still part of the gang. If that is true, he is the only villainous presence in this game so far.

My guess is that the boxheads will be generic enemies throughout World Tour and part of the story will have your character stop Mad Gear.

They get bonus points for World Warriors.

But Russian Vampire and Ed are Neo-Shadaloo? they are too casual.

Actually most of the roster looks really casual. Who designed these clothes? Fuck what they did to Cammy.

The only new character that looks remotely interesting is AKI and the red headed wrestler.

Who is the villain? Is Ryu the last boss?

Maybe they are returning this setting back to basics like SF1? No big bad, just a bunch of people doing a bunch of things in an open world.

But the inclusion of so many Shadaloo tie-ins says otherwise... The base roster in the last 3 games all were directly tied to the story.

Ed, Psycho Dracula, and Female FANG are all echos from the past... Cammy, Chun, and Guile... Where does this trail of bread crumbs lead? And is he gonna be back in season 2 or 3?

4 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Yeah it's "unnecessary" if you want the series to just get thrown into a shallow grave. Shockingly, people want CONTENT with the games they buy

Oh yeah.  1v1 fighting games are gonna die unless they have open worlds now.  TF outta here with that.

4 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Also it's not really 'realistic' looking. The game's, in many ways, a 3d expression of a lot of SFIII. It's got good texture work and attention to detail, but it's very stylized.

Comparatively.  Those are by far the most realistic looking character models SF has ever had.
It looks like DMC5, but with more vibrant coloring.

As someone that wanted a modern looking Alpha game, this is pretty much the opposite direction.

19 minutes ago, Daemos said:

But Russian Vampire and Ed are Neo-Shadaloo? they are too casual.

Russian Vampire is part of "?", not Shadaloo.

Based on his name, I'm guessing G's organization.

Edited by DarthEnderX
Just now, DarthEnderX said:

Russian Vampire is part of "?", not Shadaloo.

Based on his name, I'm guessing G's organization.

But the leak said the Russian Vampire is a Psycho Power user?

He also has the bird-knock off insignia of Shadaloo's skull emblem.