Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

I loved S2 btw. It took balls to make it, and really helped carve out the identity of SF5 and was the perfect build up to AE. But it pissed off a lot of people at the time. We had those silhouettes remember? Everyone was playing that guessing game and each time it was revealed that it was not a returning character left people a little more sour.

Let me drink their tears again i say

Sugou and Asuna by TrippyHippyJinx on DeviantArt

Give me

Sagat + Dudley + Abel + dutch kickboxer + indonesian silat + maori giant

v

Make their shadow preview silhuette look like

Sakura + Kage + Oni + Dark Sakura + Akira + Bayonetta

v

Tell them they must pay in advance for limited edition costume

v

Win and SF6 saved

Flood GIFs | Tenor

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Side-topic: While that meme has its charm, you should watch Wild Wild Country. Ironically, he proved people are retarded himself with his own manipulations. That man was a monster.

Jokes aside, something I'd like to see from SFVI is bringing back those Street Fighter characters that haven't transitioned yet onto modern Street Fighter games, and there should be only a handful of them left at this point. Sodom, Eagle and Maki from Alpha, and Necro, Sean and the aforementioned Remy from III who'd really need a narrative redesign because as he is he fits the Street Fighter mood very poorly.

We kinda got Q to return in V in some way, since G is basically a redesign of Q and his story is implied to be closely connected as well, even if we don't know how exactly yet. Revisiting Twelve would be interesting because, beneath him being a non functional mess of a character, gameplay-wise he was definitely unique and could have been something if he didn't have shit damage and no combos, and he was one of the best animated characters in Third Strike in spite of being a white shape-shifting blob. Kind of a hard sell though, that's someone else who might need a complete overhaul.

I'm on board with most of those.

From SF1: I think Eagle would be incredibly unique and could easily find a place in SF6. More than any other character from this era.

SF3: Q, Necro, Twelve, and a heavily reimagined Remy would all be incredibly unique additions IMO. Necro less so because of Blanka and Sim already being in but maybe his moveset can be reworked to be more original. Remy too. Twelve on the other hand would be a visual and animation spectacle. Pure eye candy. I don't want to see Sean again tbh. Give us Laura from now on.

SF4: I don't see anyone from this game that can be salvaged besides Viper. Seth was already reworked perfectly in SF5 so I don't mind seeing him much later but if we are going to do a mimic give us Twelve.

Lastly, I'm totally cool with Maki. I feel she would've been a better addition to SF5 than Lucia but whatever.

Edited by Daemos
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

SF3: Q, Necro, Twelve, and a heavily reimagined Remy would all be incredibly unique additions IMO. Necro less so because of Blanka and Sim already being in but maybe his moveset can be reworked to be more original. Remy too. Twelve on the other hand would be a visual and animation spectacle. Pure eye candy. I don't want to see Sean again tbh. Give us Laura from now on.

There's no real need to rework Necro. He's an aggressive mix up character. His playstyle is already different from Sim. His preferred range is mid as oppose to trying to snipe you with limbs and fire. The similarities between the two are superficial. They don't even stretch their limbs the same way

Of SF3, my two big wants are Remy and Necro

They've been gone too long and Necro has a super fun playstyle I enjoy and Remy is a cool character that would look awesome in SF6 artstyle and could inherit a lot of Charlie's SF5 stuff. I'd go as far to say that a lot of Charlie SF5 stuff looks better for Remy than Charlie

Edited by YagamiFire

As of now I don't have a lot of priority characters in sf6, unlike me in SF4 and SF5, Most of the characters that I like are those that never returned on SF4-SF5 

Characters that I really wanted to become playable : Haggar, Necro with Effie(one character), Delta Red Characters, Jianyu with Xianyu(one character), Sodom, Sean, Remy and Eagle.

I take out Lee because of Jaime. Thawk or Noembelu will be back on the list if Lili isn't related to them.

I would be okay with Damned and Dean to be playable characters.

Characters that I didn't want Eddie.E and Evil Ryu.

Edited by Shakunetsu

My most wanted list does'nt watch much witìch chapter the character come from, is mostly about how much i feel they would improve the cast and make it more complete/various with their presence, and depent a lot also on current situation

-Example Fei Long was very high in my list but now we already have 3 kung fu themed char out 22, my hunger gone lower. Still first kung fu based char i would add though

-Abel was very high too, but i understand Manon + Marisa combo cripple hard his chances and reason to join, sad but fair game i guess

-Would not have picked Dee Jay, because for once i would have loved get a good rep for Kickboxing (possibly dutch) but at this point Dee Jay is one of the 22, another pure Kickboxing rep would be redundant (plus Cody have VERY strong American Kickboxing base, and i want Cody in)

My top 10 priority list as we speak would be something like

1. SAGAT: No doubt. Legendary char, Thailand and Muay Thai rep. One of styles that MUST be in any SF good cast (ADON acceptable alternative but downgrade)
  2. DUDLEY: Pure boxing rep (Ed it's not), another huge hole in current 22. Best boxer char of SF history, great design (ROG is acceptable alternative, but downgrade)
  3. IBUKI: Game still lack a pure ninja, and Ibuki is the best SF ever had
  4. ELENA: SF Capoeira rep, cool personality and moveset, hot and fun. Only char from sub-saharian Africa. Her stages ever gave me good old world warriors vibes
  5. HUGO: Andre the Giant tribute is ever awesome, fit perfectly the freak giant role. Admit i can accept good giant alternative, but Abigail sucked hard, maybe new char
  6. URIEN: Awesome char under many pov and Greek Pankration rep, will ever consider him Greece rep too even if not official lol
  7. VEGA: super iconic to SF2 days, Spain rep, just cool classic char. Think thay can work well on him in SF6, and give him a cage stage too
  8. MENAT: Great character, unique style, love Egypt vibes for world warriors thing
  9. FEI LONG: Bruce Lee in SF is never wrong thing, can be epic in SF6
  10. REMY: Savate rep, very original aura... despite everybody hate i still believe guy is one good redesign away from being saved, wich does'nt mean people will like him lol

Left out few characters i really like that i guess will find a way to return, like Cody who's awesome or Bison/Gill/G that i wish to see as late addition (let new Boss breath)

Despite all 22 problems would still like see Abel sneak in

Even if they did'nt made the list, would still like see Eagle and Retsu (in particular Eagle if Rog get Dudley's boxer slot)

Laura, Kolin and Makoto are cool, would not mind them be added

As returning characters go

Nerco, Elena and Sean are the biggest ones I want back from SF3. Elena was my main in SFxT and she was so much fun in that game. 

Sodom definitely needs to come back. He's longdue for a comeback.

I'm going to be in the minority here but I want to see Hakan and El Fuerte back. Hakan for being one of my SF4s mains when I played the game and he is my favorite of the newcomers. I couldn't play Fuerte worth a shit but he's fun to watch (fuck playing against him though lol). I want to see Fuerte retooled. Make him less of a joke character and make him look more like a modern luchadore. 

1151623220.jpeg

LaredoKid_2021.jpg

Edited by Hawkingbird
42 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm going to be in the minority here but I want to see Hakan and El Fuerte back. Hakan for being one of my SF4s mains when I played the game and he is my favorite of the newcomers. I couldn't play Fuerte worth a shit but he's fun to watch (fuck playing against him though lol). I want to see Fuerte retooled. Make him less of a joke character and make him look more like a modern luchadore.

You're not alone, both almost made my list and i would welcome them

A luchador should be first pick for a mexican in SF lol

If El Fuerte can manage to don't go full retard and they use this cool alt, we're already good with this deal

Concept artwork for El Fuerte's new alternative costume in Super Street  Fighter 4

This shit was awesome

I know they wanted Kinnikuman

Kinnikuman II Sei: Muscle Ninjin Soudatsu sen! Choujin Daisensou -  MyAnimeList.net

wink shit going on with standard design, but snake alt was just much much better even if El Fuerte persona in SF4 supported it poorly

Hakan was about perfect SF char as it was, maybe i would just desaturate bright azure hair he had ingame into something bit more gray as he had in artworks

Hakan (Street Fighter)

v

Street Fighter 4 - The Hakan Comeback - Evo 2013

not even need to be SO gray, middle way would work too, like here

Hakan Ultra Street Fighter 4 artwork

Edited by CESTUS III
6 hours ago, Daemos said:

I am pretty sure these assholes are spying on us here: https://eventhubs.com/news/2022/jun/18/street-fighter-6-years/

Taking our years of SF Timeline RESEARCH and passing off its conclusions as their own for clicks. 

Eventhubs would a perfectly normal clickbait website with pretty good tournament coverage if it wasn't for the absolute idiots that infest the comment section.

Of course I, being kind of an idiot too, can't help but join the mess from time to time.

24 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Eventhubs would a perfectly normal clickbait website with pretty good tournament coverage if it wasn't for the absolute idiots that infest the comment section.

Of course I, being kind of an idiot too, can't help but join the mess from time to time.

Yeah I'm no different than you in my opinion and the latter applies to me as well.

3 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Hakan's design was good but his in-game representation of his fighting style was absolute garbage. He'd need a full rework in that regard

Thing is Hakan ingame was comical to fit Street Ono mood Fighter 4, guess would get way more serious (hope not much) moves design if he ever make it to SF6

We should consider same game had Rufus and El Fuerte as newcomers

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

And they can start with his fucking helmet hair!

Yeah, no way in 2022 they will let pass that helmet hair shit

Five character references you may have missed in Street Fighter 6's  gameplay trailer

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I like Hakan's design but the hair does need tweaking. Mainly I need to know if it is hair.

Was supposed to be highly anime stylization of very thick curly hair all oiled up (effect being similar to grease), tbh shape did'nt disturbed me much considering what they were aiming at and the fact SF world already got lot of crazy hair shapes

Ingame did'nt worked that bad

Color... now that was bit shitty, guess they thought super red skin alone was'nt enough to make him stand out as SF design, and they loved mix that with bright azure on the head/stache and bright white for eyes/teeth

Irony is i must admit even if did'nt like it, it made him memorable, first to colors that come to mind if you mention Hakan are skin and hair

Edited by CESTUS III
On 6/19/2022 at 12:00 PM, Daemos said:

I am pretty sure these assholes are spying on us here: https://eventhubs.com/news/2022/jun/18/street-fighter-6-years/

Taking our years of SF Timeline RESEARCH and passing off its conclusions as their own for clicks. 

would not be first time, lot of times pieces of shit we talked about back to SRK days will mysteriously appear 24/48h after lol 🤣 

Who cares, if anything good chance prevented them from drop disinformation around

4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

would not be first time, lot of times pieces of shit we talked about back to SRK days will mysteriously appear 24/48h after lol 🤣 

Who cares, if anything good chance prevented them from drop disinformation around

You're absolutely right. As long as they only preach the holy word of the NEW PLOT GUIDE and renounce the ancient texts of the heathen gods of GameFaqs, I'll tell our lawyers to stand down...

Edited by Daemos
45 minutes ago, Daemos said:

You're absolutely right. As long as they only preach the holy word of the NEW PLOT GUIDE and renounce the ancient texts of the heathen gods of GameFaqs, I'll tell our lawyers to stand down...

Not sure they follow such logic

Feel more reasonable believe they see shit that seem high level knowledge somewhere, then may do article about it lol

Must say also SF wiki works a lot like that

Seen shit in character pages that probably came straight from SRK story threads lol, at same time other shit seem left wrong or incomplete

It's nice they often give source though

3 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

No, Hakan's hair colour was... just based on a wordplay. Basically, since turquoise etymologically comes from the French pierre turquoise, "Turkish stone", and in Japanese is even more immediately evident (トルコ石 toruko ishi = turquoise, literally "Turkish stone", again; トルコ人 torukojin = Turkish man) ... yes, they gave him turquoise hair... made of stone...

Lol this is awesome

Modes Confirmed + Some (ENG) Move Lists of the 4 playable characters

Looks like Story Mode is tied to Arcade mode, so instead of one giant cinematic, I think we'll get a classic arcade mode sprinkled with cutscenes. Probably a little bit more narratively driven than previous SF Arcade modes with just a Prologue, Cutscene, and Ending

The modes are…

• Arcade: Fight consecutive computer-controlled components as you progress each character’s story.
    • Story
  • Practice: A mode where you can practice with characters and learn what makes them unique.
    • Training
    • Tutorials
    • Character Guides
    • Combo Trials
  • Versus: A mode that pits you against the CPU or other players.
    • One on One
    • Team Battle
  • Special Match: A party-style mode that adds special rules and mechanics to your battles.
    • Extreme Battle
  • Online: Earn league points and advance your club in online battles.
    • Ranked Match
    • Casual Match
    • Custom Room

•  
Edited by Chun-Li_Forever

That's a very generous launch package compared to SF5, but the General Story format was a step forward for the series in helping us establish "canon as it happens" for the first time.

If we truly are returning to the old format then I hope they consider a novel way of making all character stories canonical without creating conflicting accounts of events within the same entry.

Maybe the World Tour mode will have canonical value.

11 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Happy 69th page y'all

do we have a compilation of winquotes from the current builds of the game?

Nice

You mean winquotes from SF6?

RYU

• To Chun-Li: "We've known each other for so long, yet I still learn something new every time we fight."
  • To jamie: "Drunken Boxing might be a tricky fighting style, but I can tell you're honest at heart."
  • To Luke: "Your fists show you the path forward. I see my younger self in you."
  • To Ryu (Mirror): "No matter how far I come, the one I must face... is myself."

CHUN-LI

• To Luke: "You may possess raw power, but you lack refinement. You've still got a long way to go."
  • To Ryu: "The more I think about it, the more I feel like it was you who brought out my true strength."

LUKE

• To Chun-Li: "Those kicks pack some serious oomph! One solid hit and it could've been lights out."'
  • To Jamie: "Heh! And that's a win for me. Got anything to say, pretty boy?"'

JAMIE

• To Chun-Li: "Yo, it's an honor! Thanks for helpin' me train!"
  • To Luke: "Next time ya see me, be sure t o put some respect on my name. Got it, meathead?"'
  • To Ryu: "Pretty by the book, eh? Not bad, but I guess you weren't able to keep up with yours truly."
4 hours ago, Daemos said:

That's a very generous launch package compared to SF5, but the General Story format was a step forward for the series in helping us establish "canon as it happens" for the first time.

If we truly are returning to the old format then I hope they consider a novel way of making all character stories canonical without creating conflicting accounts of events within the same entry.

Maybe the World Tour mode will have canonical value.

Important is all paths are coherent and don't contradict each others, if they do so we can still have one canon story

Guess it's possible characters that way will end up have different "personal final boss", wich is something i'm fine with as long there's still a charismatic figure that can incarnate the role of true boss of the events  (JP?) and somebody that will have the honor to crush his face (Luke?)

On bright side this approach will likely ensure all characters will get their fair share of spotlight, instead have one single story that threat some like trash

Still not all can win everything (unless we go with old "what if" everybody can win scenarios wich i guess we all hope not), so i guess to have one single truth let's say Blanka will win that fight on gameplay side, but cutscene just after will still have him losing to fit story events

Guess key word there is dignity, one single unified canon needs a char to lose for every one that win, so smart way to handle it will probably be still have winners and losers, but recognize the loser offered a good fight (and maybe pick wisely who loses to who)

Ultimately i would dig the idea of a multi-path story as long it show same big story from many points of view rather than be bit dispersive like SFV character stories where, if done well would help story progress and expand through years while new characters joing the cast... something that ASF failed to do(not having follow up chapters), leaving us limited to standard+S1 cast

18 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

man... doesn't seem to be anything special so far, except for Ryu reminiscing about his youth and appreciating Chun

It seems like SNK and French Bread are the only companies who still put effort into this stuff. Well that and the licensed IP titles from ArcSys (specifically DBFZ and Granblue, lots of good ones there, many even voiced too)

2 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Nice

RYU

• To Chun-Li: "We've known each other for so long, yet I still learn something new every time we fight."
  • To jamie: "Drunken Boxing might be a tricky fighting style, but I can tell you're honest at heart."
  • To Luke: "Your fists show you the path forward. I see my younger self in you."
  • To Ryu (Mirror): "No matter how far I come, the one I must face... is myself."

CHUN-LI

• To Luke: "You may possess raw power, but you lack refinement. You've still got a long way to go."
  • To Ryu: "The more I think about it, the more I feel like it was you who brought out my true strength."

LUKE

• To Chun-Li: "Those kicks pack some serious oomph! One solid hit and it could've been lights out."'
  • To Jamie: "Heh! And that's a win for me. Got anything to say, pretty boy?"'

JAMIE

• To Chun-Li: "Yo, it's an honor! Thanks for helpin' me train!"
  • To Luke: "Next time ya see me, be sure t o put some respect on my name. Got it, meathead?"'
  • To Ryu: "Pretty by the book, eh? Not bad, but I guess you weren't able to keep up with yours truly."

You forgot the last character that made a surprise appearance during the Dev Matches!

M.Bison

• To Chun-Li: "Losing a parent can be horrifying... As Li-Fen will soon find out."
  • To Luke: "Is this the best your generation has to offer? WORTHLESS!"'
  • To Ryu: "You can try to delay it, but you cannot stop that which is inevitable."
  • To Jaime: "You little maggot! Alcohol is no match for my Psycho Power!"
  • To Guile: "You should've stayed with your family while you had the chance!"

What i find funny is that Ryu's winquote to Chun-Li isn't unique and yet people on twitter went crazy over it: 

Ryu to E. Honda in SFV:  "Nothing stays the same. Every time we fight, you teach me something new."

Ryu to Ken in SFA3:  "You always exceed my expectations... I'm happy!"

Ryu to Dhalsim in USFIV: "I never tire of watching you in action. Your moves are inspiring."

It's so generic it hurts.

2 hours ago, Daemos said:
  • To Chun-Li: "Losing a parent can be horrifying... As Li-Fen will soon find out."

"Losing a parent can be horrifying... but how about a child? Care to test out my new doll?"

Edit: this won't happen, I'm not pretending it will. But it'd be more horrific!

Edited by JustBooming
3 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

What i find funny is that Ryu's winquote to Chun-Li isn't unique and yet people on twitter went crazy over it: 

Ryu to E. Honda in SFV:  "Nothing stays the same. Every time we fight, you teach me something new."

Ryu to Ken in SFA3:  "You always exceed my expectations... I'm happy!"

Ryu to Dhalsim in USFIV: "I never tire of watching you in action. Your moves are inspiring."

It's so generic it hurts.

Tbh just fit the character, his whole gimmick is humble martial artist travel the world to know strong people through fighting

Ryu say he learn from other fighters, wich is exactly what his eternal journey is about

But i agree, while Chun fans can surely like the respectful line for what it is, is'nt particular unique quote, pretty sure he ever complimented her technique in SF3, SF4 and SFV too

Guess may end up overplayed by fans the "learning" thing, you can still learn something training with an opponent who's not necessary S+ tier, but who's very good at what he does... iirc in SFV he also compliment Guile about have great defense (like better than his own), despite we know Guile sit well below in SFV food chain

Also as general rule Ryu compliments are'nt usually straight indication of power or a fighter being particular special (as crazy special within SF cast), more like the result of a character being an elite fighter (like basically almost every SF char) AND fit Ryu ideal of what path a martial artist should walk

He seems to ever be ready to dismiss the achievements of fighters that maybe are even very powerful (often more than the ones he compliments) but don't fit his morals

Would say of the very few SF6 ones we seen, only particular one is Ryu to Luke

"Your fists show you the path forward. I see my younger self in you."

As Capcom there is clearly using Ryu's quote as endorsement to try sell Luke as special one, shonen hero material etc

7 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Would say of the very few SF6 ones we seen, only particular one is Ryu to Luke

"Your fists show you the path forward. I see my younger self in you."

As Capcom there is clearly using Ryu's quote as endorsement to try sell Luke as special one, shonen hero material etc

Ryu's getting the Dante treatment but worse since Ryu's still not a master and will probably be weaker than Akuma for another 30 years. Luke is the new Ryu, Jamie is the new Ken, so that leaves Kimberly as the new Chun-Li? They teased her in the same trailer that introduced us to Jamie.

Just now, BootyWarrior said:

Luke is the new Ryu, Jamie is the new Ken, so that leaves Kimberly as the new Chun-Li?

Maybe for a game or for the first year or two, but these guys will NEVER replace Ryu, Ken, and Chun. They are only being teased as such to sell. Nobody and I mean nobody would buy this game for these turds.