Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

Some will say Menat is one of the better examples of this phenomenon but as much as I enjoyed Menat I could do without ever seeing her again. 

Menat is totally fine.  Because, despite being Rose's apprentice, she plays COMPLETELY differently.  I don't even think you'd could say they have the same fighting style.  She does nothing that would make Rose unnecessary  or redundant.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

How? You got to explain to me how a material artist taking on an apprentice somehow diminish him.

Because then you stop GETTING Guy.  He's been replaced.  Him NOT BEING A PLAYABLE CHARACTER ANYMORE diminishes him.  He was replaced by Zeku in SF5, now he's replaced by Kimberly in 6.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I would like to see yakuza Guy from Streetwise but I'm sure I'm the only one who wants that 😛. I'll take Guy as a sensei and see how well his stoicism can hold up to Kimberly 's enthusiasm.

Streetwise Guy is great!

fOY1B8S.jpg

Edited by DarthEnderX
4 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Sure but their daughter beat fucking Shinnok with her eyes closed, and is one of the most retarded characters ever introduced in a fighting game.

Cage and Sonya are greater characters definitely, but the daughter - much like Ed in SF5 - is a plot device. She was deus ex machina in MK10, and a great tool to make Cage and Sonya - two bland characters - far more interesting to the point that you are rooting for them in 11. Good for NRS. But their daughter can fuck off now.

What Cassie did to Shinnok is no different then what Johnny did in the prologue chapter of the same game.

Cassie is fine. She's a much more pleasant character to have another than Sonya. Her relationships with her dad and Jackie endure me to her. She and Jackie got main character potential.

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

What Cassie did to Shinnok is no different then what Johnny did in the prologue chapter of the same game.

Cassie is fine. She's a much more pleasant character to have another than Sonya. Her relationships with her dad and Jackie endure me to her. She and Jackie got main character potential.

Sonya literally left her husband and kid for her job. She's a jackass plain and simple. Johnny grew up, she never did. 

19 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Because then you stop GETTING Guy.  He's been replaced.  Him NOT BEING A PLAYABLE CHARACTER ANYMORE diminishes him.  He was replaced by Zeku in SF5, now he's replaced by Kimberly in 6.

Kimberly being replaced doesn't replace Guy. He can always reappear down the road. If he doesn't then he had a good run. I prefer for my favorite characters to reach an end to their stories rather than continue indefinitely.

19 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Streetwise Guy is great!

What I loved about Yakuza Guy is that it was a great way to give the character some edge without changing who he is on a fundamental level.

9 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Sonya's job is keeping the planet safe, which includes her family.  Frankly, it's more important that her personal relationship with her family.

Doing that isn't good when it comes to maintaining healthy relationships with family. Cassie joined special forces just so she can spend time with her mom and Sonya still blew her off. She should thank Johnny for not making Cassie resentful of her.

Edited by Hawkingbird
10 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Yes and it was also retarded when Johnny did it, but I would argue it was more retarded when Cassie did it because who the fuck is Cassie?

2 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Sonya's job is keeping the planet safe, which includes her family.  Frankly, it's more important than her personal relationship with her family.

Thank you. Not everyone has the luxury of being selfish. Sonya did was necessary.

3 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Thank you. Not everyone has the luxury of being selfish. Sonya did was necessary.

Did you read the MKX comics? Even when there wasn't a threat to the realm Sonya would always choose work over spending any time with her daughter. It was something that Johnny always called her out on. The man put his career on hold to ensure she had a parent around.

Edited by Hawkingbird
1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

Sonya's job is keeping the planet safe, which includes her family.  Frankly, it's more important than her personal relationship with her family.

So you realize, that Johnny also protects Earthrealm. Sonya isn't the only one guarding the Earthrealm. Jax had PTSD and still managed to raise his daughter. You are excusing her inexcusable behavior. Excusing it with a responsibility she shares with other's that actually do the adult thing and take care of their damned kids.  Her situation isn't unique other than her shirking her duties as a parent. Glad Johnny raised their daughter right, since she actually saved Earthrealm. At least with Sindel (reboot Sindel is fucking trash) and Kronika around she's only gets the bronze medal in MK's bad motherhood competition.

My problem with this new era of characters is that there are tons of them already. I like Kimberly overall design, she might a bit of overly design but she fits entirely the settings of her debut game, I like her character and her moves. The only thing that worries me is the rising population of "sub-characters".

I have been always worried about more "sub-character" rise in SF lately even in the past 5 years like apprentices, butlers, assistants and etc.

I'm okay with characters that have build ups like Li-Fen, Ed, Kolin and etc that are already establish to exist in the background but not something from nowhere.

Compare to masters and middle age men and women. I think we need more new middle age women like Rose in street fighter. We got tons of new generation girls and new young girls every now and then. And also rival schools is already part in someway of Street Fighter Universe.

Edited by Shakunetsu
9 hours ago, Daemos said:

Yes and it was also retarded when Johnny did it, but I would argue it was more retarded when Cassie did it because who the fuck is Cassie?

Well, she's Johnny's daughter.  They DID establish that the green aura Johnny used on Shinnok was because of something from his bloodline.  So it makes sense she would also have it.

7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So you realize, that Johnny also protects Earthrealm. Sonya isn't the only one guarding the Earthrealm. Jax had PTSD and still managed to raise his daughter. You are excusing her inexcusable behavior. Excusing it with a responsibility she shares with other's that actually do the adult thing and take care of their damned kids.  Her situation isn't unique other than her shirking her duties as a parent.

I just don't agree with the narrative that is constantly pushed that family is literally the most important thing in existence.  Yes, Johnny did a better job.  But you only know that with hindsight because you know how the story ends.

Sonya prioritized the lives of everyone over her personal relationships without the benefit of knowing what would and wouldn't make a difference in saving the world.  If she worked at McDonald's I'd consider her choice inexcusable.  But her job was saving people's lives.  And I appreciate her making that sacrifice.

Edited by DarthEnderX
1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

Sonya prioritized the lives of everyone over her personal relationships without the benefit of knowing what would and wouldn't make a difference in saving the world.  If she worked at McDonald's I'd consider her choice inexcusable.  But her job was saving people's lives.  And I appreciate her making that sacrifice.

It's inexcusable when Sonya's contemporaries managed to find a balance and she never bothered. Scorpion ended up being a better parent. Mind you he has been rebuilding his clan and still trying to get his revenge against Quan-chi.

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's inexcusable when Sonya's contemporaries managed to find a balance and she never bothered. Scorpion ended up being a better parent. Mind you he has been rebuilding his clan and still trying to get his revenge against Quan-chi.

She's not perfect. Women have to try twice as hard to be half as awesome as men. She was gonna be damned by some of you guys no matter what she did. Especially because she is not a bobblehead head and has no interest in appeasing the male gaze recently unless it was on her terms. #I'mwithher

Edited by Daemos
3 minutes ago, Daemos said:

She's not perfect. Women have to try twice as hard to be half as awesome as men. She was gonna be damned by some of you guys no matter what she did. Especially because she is not a bobblehead head and has no interest in appeasing the male gaze recently unless it was on her terms. #I'mwithher

Yeah no. No amount of fluff feminism can excuse how much of an awful parent Sonya is. Whenever Cassie had a birthday, personal milestone or whatever important things were happening in Cassie life her response was "Johnny got that covered. I'm going to work". What makes it egregious is she would blow off Cassie for work related things she wasn't needed for. Johnny rightly called her out on it every single time.

She gets no pat in the back for choosing to be an absentee parent.

7 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's inexcusable when Sonya's contemporaries managed to find a balance and she never bothered.

And what if their balance had gotten everyone killed?  Again, you're going into this with the benefit of hindsight.

What if the kids didn't end up saving the day, and neglecting their own training and duties ended the world instead?  Sonya didn't know Cassie would be a world savior, so she wouldn't have known that work/life balance was an acceptable risk.

11 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

And what if their balance had gotten everyone killed?  Again, you're going into this with the benefit of hindsight.

What if the kids didn't end up saving the day, and neglecting their own training and duties ended the world instead?  Sonya didn't know Cassie would be a world savior, so she wouldn't have known that work/life balance was an acceptable risk.

Stop acting like Sonya is the only world defender in MK. Sonya celebrating a birthday is not a big deal with the Lin Kuei and White Lotus is also putting in work. The other members of the special forces should be able to handle Red and Black Dragons. Not to mention how crazily proactive Raiden is in the NRS era.

40 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Is Bridget actually trans now in Strive?

As far as I gathered, it's the entire point of her story arc. It's the reason her official profile doesn't say anything other than the already known "a boy raised as a girl because of a superstition blah blah blah". Bridget starts saying she's a boy but with less and less conviction, until she comes out accepting the fact she likes being a girl.
Obviously, that didn't sit well with some parts of the FGC, because let's be honest: we're full of machists. So there's plenty of people accusing the English localization team of having invented the English dialogues "because of the Western woke agenda". There's this ridiculous idea, amongst the alt-right weebs, that Japan is this mythical land free of the "Western wokeism and PC agendas". Am I the only one who remembers when back then it was the WEST which censored all the lesbians and gender changes in Sailor Moon? Anyway, they're obviously wrong: Bridget's dialogues are the same in Japanese.
I was also wrong, because I misremembered: Eagle was gay ONLY in CvS2. By the time he was added to SFZ3MAX, his homosexuality went out of the window and he became a plain British gentleman, just looking for an exciting fight. Boring, we don't need another Dudley.

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Stop acting like Sonya is the only world defender in MK.

As if there's such a thing as "enough" defenders when literally the entire planet is at stake.

Again, it's a bunch of big fat fucking hindsight to go "Well, it didn't matter if she did that or not." Because YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS, SHE DOESN'T.  For all she knows the whole planet could be enslaved by Outworld because she went to a birthday party instead of being on duty when some pivotal attack happens.

I can do that too in the other direction.  If she hadn't neglected Cassie, Cassie might not have joined the army trying to earn her mother's approval, and then wouldn't have been in a position to stop Shinnok.  Oh look, Sonya's neglect saved the world!  Isn't she smart for having done that! 

1 hour ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Obviously, that didn't sit well with some parts of the FGC, because let's be honest: we're full of machists. So there's plenty of people accusing the English localization team of having invented the English dialogues "because of the Western woke agenda". There's this ridiculous idea, amongst the alt-right weebs, that Japan is this mythical land free of the "Western wokeism and PC agendas".

Which also ignores the possibility that Japan itself is maybe a little more woke now than it was 10 years ago.  And that maybe ArcSys themselves are just more comfortable with the character just being trans.

Edited by DarthEnderX
11 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Well, she's Johnny's daughter.  They DID establish that the green aura Johnny used on Shinnok was because of something from his bloodline.  So it makes sense she would also have it.

I just don't agree with the narrative that is constantly pushed that family is literally the most important thing in existence.  Yes, Johnny did a better job.  But you only know that with hindsight because you know how the story ends.

The bolded part is just a flat out silly thing to say. A parent being present in a child's life having a positive outcome doesn't require foresight. It should be common sense. There are numerous studies that support the importance of parents being in the home. The contortionism being exhibited to defend Sonya's bad parenting is mind-blowing.

Sonya prioritized HERSELF over her family. Work was just the excuse to do it. At the end of he day, she's not even the key cog in Earth's defense. The most important aspect of her defense of Earth, her fighting ability, didn't even require her to be a General. Sonya did the type of thing that dudes rightfully get roasted for. She was an absentee parent.

Edit: Your "It's hindsight" argument is weak. You can do better.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

A parent being present in a child's life having a positive outcome doesn't require foresight.

A positive outcome for that ONE child.  Sure.  But that isn't the scope we're talking about here.

At the end of he day, she's not even the key cog in Earth's defense.

Again.  HINDSIGHT.

If fucking JOHNNY, the dipshit actor, ended up being a key cog in Earth's defense, there's no reason Sonya wouldn't think she might also be at some point.  Again, you don't KNOW who is going to end up being key until it fucking happens.  

Sony did the type of thing that dudes rightfully get roasted for. She was an absentee parent.

I don't roast absentee parents when the thing they're absenteeing for is more important than one kid getting raised.

It's one of the reasons I love Justified so much.  That whole show is about how much "Family is the most important thing" is bullshit.

Edited by DarthEnderX
9 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

As if there's such a thing as "enough" defenders when literally the entire planet is at stake.

Again, it's a bunch of big fat fucking hindsight to go "Well, it didn't matter if she did that or not." Because YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS, SHE DOESN'T.  For all she knows the whole planet could be enslaved by Outworld because she went to a birthday party instead of being on duty when some pivotal attack happens.

I can do that too in the other direction.  If she hadn't neglected Cassie, Cassie might not have joined the army trying to earn her mother's approval, and then wouldn't have been in a position to stop Shinnok.  Oh look, Sonya's neglect saved the world!  Isn't she smart for having done that! 

This hindsight argument you keep going on about is weaksauce. Hindsight isn't necessary to point out how much of a garbage mother Sonya is when it's witnessed in real time. 

Remember that this is Mortal Kombat. If Earthrealm was really under serious threat of invasion Raiden would instant transmission all of his chosen champions together and diverse a plan to stop the threat. Shit gets handled the moment it becomes a problem. She's fine to go to the birthday party. 

11 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

A positive outcome for that ONE child.  Sure.  But that isn't the scope we're fucking talking about here.

We're talking about how Sonya is a terrible mother. You want to excuse it by making it sound like her job is to be Goku (who's equally as shitty as far as parenthood goes)

49 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Edit: Your "It's hindsight" argument is weak. You can do better.

I don't want to.  This whole argument is dumb.

I've said my peace.  I'm not saying she wasn't a shitty parent.  I'm saying I don't CARE that she was a shitty parent, because she had way more important shit to do.

31 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

You want to excuse it by making it sound like her job is to be Goku (who's equally as shitty as far as parenthood goes)

Goku doesn't even care that his job is being Goku.

If saving the planet didn't involve being in fun fights, he'd let us all die.

Edited by DarthEnderX
26 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I like her tools and gimmicks compare to Ibuki in SFV

lol giant bombs and giant shurikens? Pocket Fighters HAHA

So... Kimberly has Guy's Hōzanto shoulder block, just a TELEPORTING one instead of Guy's evasive movement; the same run with overhead kick - sliding options AND a backflip grab which can combo into a flying kick OR a BUSHIN IZUNA OTOSHI, just passing from under the armpit instead of flipping over the head of her opponent; AND Ibuki's bombs?
Are they trying to just fuse every SF ninja into one?

5 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Am I the only one who remembers when back then it was the WEST which censored all the lesbians and gender changes in Sailor Moon?

Guess we remember Italy censoring about everything, Sailor Moon and more 🤣

My 2 cent is that anybody familiar with anime and manga would know it's nothing new, Japan ever had no problem involve all kind of sexualities... but these people don't, because for them the product they internet-fight about is only the field, it's barely important for them

To me both rightwing and leftwing wierdos involved in this endless social media battle are in most of cases two faces of same coin, bunch of fanatics stirred up by exasperated american politics and made loud "thanks" to social media

Not sure we should care about them, personally i thanks gods to not follow twitter lol

Btw guess Eagle was'nt even first example by Capcom, i think to remember was you to say already back to some Final Fight jap notes Poison was created as a trans (and USA version turned it into a man lol), so their first lgbt character goes even back to '89

Well technically Eagle appeared even before in SF1, but i doubt back then they bothered much develop him beyond "Fist of Fury blond stache villain, but with sticks like Inosanto", so guess it's fair consider Poison the first lol

13 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Guess we remember Italy censoring about everything, Sailor Moon and more 🤣

My 2 cent is that anybody familiar with anime and manga would know it's nothing new, Japan ever had no problem involve all kind of sexualities... but these people don't, because for them the product they internet-fight about is only the field, it's barely important for them

To me both rightwing and leftwing wierdos involved in this endless social media battle are in most of cases two faces of same coin, bunch of fanatics stirred up by exasperated american politics and made loud "thanks" to social media

Not sure we should care about them, personally i thanks gods to not follow twitter lol

Btw guess Eagle was'nt even first example by Capcom, i think to remember was you to say already back to some Final Fight jap notes Poison was created as a trans (and USA version turned it into a man lol), so their first lgbt character goes even back to '89

Well technically Eagle appeared even before in SF1, but i doubt back then they bothered much develop him beyond "Fist of Fury blond stache villain, but with sticks like Inosanto", so guess it's fair consider Poison the first lol

Cestus, it's insanity. When I was growing up the super conservatives were lunatics trying to censor everything. Now that I'm a grown man, it's the hyper liberals trying to censor everything. Which frankly is worse, unlike the super conservatives of my youth, these hyper liberals have actually gotten themselves in positions to implement some of their nonsense. The people censoring things today were the people fighting against the censorship in my youth. The people fighting censorship now were burning books and running over CDs when I was kid. It's pure madness man.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Cestus, it's insanity. When I was growing up the super conservatives were lunatics trying to censor everything. Now that I'm a grown man, it's the hyper liberals trying to censor everything. Which frankly is worse, unlike the super conservatives of my youth, these hyper liberals have actually gotten themselves in positions to implement some of their nonsense. The people censoring things today were the people fighting against the censorship in my youth. The people fighting censorship now were burning books and running over CDs when I was kid. It's pure madness man.

Well, yeah.  Because nobody likes being censored.

When you were growing up, it was conservatives trying to censor ideas that differed from their norms.  Now it's liberals trying to censor people openly expressing their bigoted views.  So, all of a sudden, conservatives are anti-censorship because it's THEM being censored.  They're still pro censorship(they're still banning books and discussions about trans people), just not when it's them.

Also, that "these hyper liberals have actually gotten themselves in positions to implement some of their nonsense" is HILARIOUS.  I don't know what childhood you lived through if you think conservatives didn't have that power.  Today, liberals censor via social pressure.  Conservatives made LAWS for that shit.  And still do!

Edited by DarthEnderX
21 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Well, yeah.  Because nobody likes being censored.

When you were growing up, it was conservatives trying to censor ideas that differed from their norms.  Now it's liberals trying to censor people openly expressing their bigoted views.  So, all of a sudden, conservatives are anti-censorship because it's THEM being censored.  They're still pro censorship(they're still banning books and discussions about trans people), just not when it's them.

Also, that "these hyper liberals have actually gotten themselves in positions to implement some of their nonsense" is HILARIOUS.  I don't know what childhood you lived through if you think conservatives didn't have that power.  Today, liberals censor via social pressure.  Conservatives made LAWS for that shit.  And still do!

I'm at work. So I can't respond in the detailed fashion I'd like to. But I disagree with you almost entirely. The "Now it's liberals trying to censor people openly expressing their bigoted views" is the biggest piled of BS I've seen since I lived on a farm as a 5 year old. Yes the news media and geek culture (Comic/gaming) are bastions of conservatism 🙄

21 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yes the news media and geek culture (Comic/gaming) are bastions of conservatism 🙄

Is the eye roll supposed to be a joke?  Like, FOX News just doesn't exist in the world you live in?  And comic book geeks are some of the biggest "Fuck this woke SJW shit in muh comics!" in existence.

6 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Liar Lie GIF by Fluffy Friends

Bigot detector detecting bigot getting defensive.

Edited by DarthEnderX
38 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Is the eye roll supposed to be a joke?  Like, FOX News just doesn't exist in the world you live in?  And comic book geeks are some of the biggest "Fuck this woke SJW shit in muh comics!" in existence.

Yes because FOX is the only news source. CNN and MSNBC don't exist. As for your second statement. That wasn't even what I was getting at. I'm talking about silly shit like only Asian people can work on Asian properties. Only Black people can work on Black properties. People wanted Iron Fist to be Asian because assuming a martial artist has to be Asian isn't racist at all. You want talk about Miles Morales Thor. "By Odin's Fade.." Yeah, you assumed. However, unlike the euphemism, you made an ass out of you not me.

Edit: Just saw your response to @Hawkingbirdif are going go that route. I think I won't even waste my time replying to your nonsense.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yes because FOX is the only news source. CNN and MSNBC don't exist. As for your second statement. That wasn't even what I was getting at. I'm talking about silly shit like only Asian people can work on Asian properties. Only Black people can work on Black properties. People wanted Iron Fist to be Asian because assuming a martial artist has to be Asian isn't racist at all. You want talk about Miles Morales Thor. "By Odin's Fade.." Yeah, you assumed. However, unlike the euphemism, you made an ass out of you not me.

Edit: Just saw your response to @Hawkingbirdif are going go that route. I think I won't even waste my time replying your nonsense.

I want to throw in these

When Sony unrevealed Ghost of Tsushima they had a white guy doing a performance with a shakuhachi. I remember Twitter screaming cultural appropriation only for Sony to shut that shit down revealing the white guy is one of the handful of people in the world who can actually play that instrument, learned under masters and dedicated his life to playing it.

Want to talk about when Marvel wanted to unleash this version of the New Warriors to the world?

836829._sx1280_ql80_ttd__1.jpg

This shit was so bad that the people this team was meant to appeal to clowned on it hard. Marvel used covid to bury it and never saw the light of day.

There's Elizabeth Banks and her reasons for why her shitty Charlie Angels movie flopped.

Edited by Hawkingbird
6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Well, i try to stay out of straight political debate, mostly because i think would generate an huge OT in this thread 😀

But tbh reason is i sincerely despise both left and right highly politicized people, to me are bit worse than religious nuts because is similar type of animal, but with more hypocrisy and malice

Both don't mind when bullshit flow in the direction they prefer, both cry hard when same level of bullshit goes in other direction

Lies, omitting truth, twist facts, indoctrination, propaganda, use of power/money to push stuff, cheating and tricks... everything is fair game if their team is doing it

Both would say to love democracy and free speech, yet both would love see laws that enforce their shit and shut up other side once for all

Neither truly believe in "two wrongs does'nt make a right"... well, outside next level fanatics that have head so up in their ass to not even see "their move" as a wrong lol

They're essentially what i prefer ignore as much i can

Now returning bit more IT, we end up where i said before... as lover of videogames (FG in particular) if these people want to use videogames as battlefield, let them do (we really can't do anything about it, and platforms are HAPPY to have them), all i say is we're not forced to watch them showing their ignorance

If is frustrated homophobes making a crusade about Bridget, or histerical wokes getting triggered by people not finding Kimberly best design ever... is same shit

These people don't deserve attention, they have already too much spotlight

Their opinion is not based on knowledge of the matter, so ideally should have the weight of a fart in the wind

Now different matter would be if we talk about actual gaming journalism change in recent years, but this would lead to an even more wide OT about american entertainment industry (current and past), and honestly i think would only bring more OT

Could even be an interesting debate (even if usually is also an useless one), but for how i love this thread i would feel like throwing a turd in clean drinking water 💩

Even if last page was about fucking MK, so would not be first turd lol 🤣

Edited by CESTUS III

@CESTUS IIII never thought it would pop off like this. Although it's funny because Zatacon and Faltimar are calling me, Hawkingbird most of the forum super lefty in the general thread and this situation happens, I have to laugh man. Some time real life is funnier than comedy. I think I should just stick to character concepts, writing bad books, and Soul Calibur create a soul 🙃

11 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

I don't think this has been posted yet, but from the billboards shot, one of them have Marisa and another character appears to be a re-designed Lilly (different from the concept art).

Bqifte0.png

Can't say to see much, but if SF6 will be at Gamescom ( @delete_memade me notice it as possibe next reveal event) we was discussing that Marisa being one of next revealed characters could make sense... event will be in Germany, so aside Ed (that in SF6 have german flag) other euro chars like Marisa and Manon may have a good chance, at least for some characters back to SFV lauch they tried to announce some characters at geographically close events, wonder if they will do it again

Btw i hope they did'nt changed Lily look, if they stick to the artwork she's probably the best new SF6 design

Event if cultural background is going to be different i'm getting Talim (SC) vibes

Btw i found what seems to be her weapon

Brooklyn Museum

Characters from Street Fighter 6 Roster Potentially Leaked - Siliconera

Curious thing seems to be a mace used by native tribes of north-east of Usa

But after all also T.Hawks had stuff of northern tribes, guess Mexico is just where SF drop all native americans lol

Wonder if she may be related in some way to Necalli's awakening, even if Nec was never officially linked to Mexico/Aztec... more easily, she will be linked to T.Hawk or Noembelu, maybe as master or some similar figure

Edited by CESTUS III
4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Want to talk about when Marvel wanted to unleash this version of the New Warriors to the world?

836829._sx1280_ql80_ttd__1.jpg

To this day I'm shocked that people at Marvel, who allegedly get payed a salary in real money, came up with two characters named Snowflake and Safespace. First time I heard that I thought that's how 4chan decided to call those two, as a joke (kind of funny too, but too much on the nose), but no: that was their actual name.

I just can't get over it. People with a job at Marvel named two characters with names that sound like they're 4chan shitposting material.

It must have gone through some review process, someone must have looked at it before going public, and they let it pass.

Like: this had to be some kind of elaborate 4chan inside job to discredit Marvel, right? 'Cuz that is still more believable than a human being, a homo sapiens specimen born on planet Earth, unironically coming up with Snowflake and Safespace as real names for their comic book characters that are not meant as a parody but as positive depictions of whatever the hell they were trying to do.

You can't even make fun of it. You can only describe it factually. This comic never even came out and it still ascended beyond the concept of parody.

This is what comics from the year 3000 will look like. It's just too advanced for our human minds and primitive societies to understand.

9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yes because FOX is the only news source. CNN and MSNBC don't exist.

It's not the only one, but it is the one with the highest viewership.  Acting like the news media is some kind of liberal bastion when the biggest network is the exact opposite of that is asinine.

That's like complaining there isn't enough Star Wars representation in media...

Edited by DarthEnderX

All media is biased and propaganda... CNN and MSNBC aren't liberal whatsoever, they love to engage in cancel culture, dog piling, framing people, creating narratives, and pushing woke ideology. Saying Fox is the only one that is anti liberal just cause you disagree with their views is dumb. They are all on the same boat.

Calling people "bigots" these days is hardly a great argument considering how they call anyone right of Marx a nazi white supremacist. Saying liberals now only censor people for their "bigoted views" is just crazy. No, they censor for ideology reasons and to stifle debate, since a lot of what they believe contradicts itself and has no basis in facts, it would crumble under scrutiny.

As someone who is mixed race and gay, I've gotten some of the nastiest homophobic racist comments from these people and their "allies" for me not going along with a lot of their nonsense beliefs, you either bow down to their mantras or they will target you in a brutal manner. They love to project their own racism and homophobia. Just this week I criticized Kimberly's designed and got mobbed on twitter for being a racist. That's the point we're at now.

Far right and far left are one and the same, the horseshoe theory is real. However one is deemed acceptable these days, and the other isnt. That's the problem. And while we're fighting, tyrant oligarchs from the WEF are taking over while we watch. That is what we should be fighting hard against, but we're distracted by nonsense.

Now, can we get back on topic?

@CESTUS IIII wouldn't be surprised to see Lily redesigned, but so far all the newbies have turned out exactly like their character art in the leaks. Lily has gotten some flack online for being a "stereotype", so we'll see.

@Dragonfave723Kinda hard to tell if that's really her or not. I wouldnt mind if they made her design a bit more interesting tbh, but we'll see. Her tunic needs more detailing for sure.

Edited by mykka
4 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I just can't get over it. People with a job at Marvel named two characters with names that sound like they're 4chan shitposting material.

It must have gone through some review process, someone must have looked at it before going public, and they let it pass.

If you think that is bad, you should look up "What if Miles Morales Was Thor"

It is unironically one of the most racist pieces of pop media I can recall ever seeing. Probably the most overtly racist thing I can think of released by a mass media company. It's THAT bad.