Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

8 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

The demo ending shows some never seen NPCs, after work may try take some screenshots

These two seems the only worthy of attention, but tbh also them -unlike DamnD, Rudra and Bosch- seems to be 100% editor made

So guess they will have maybe a role, but would not hype them much, here btw

https://i.ibb.co/gwNybpf/2.jpg

Edited by CESTUS III
6 hours ago, Daemos said:

This is true. We don’t have confirmation that Ryu took on Oro as a new master in 3S. It’s possible that Capcom ignored this ending like most of the world ignored 3S.

I think they are likely to ignore it because:

1) Gouken came back into Ryu’s life and he was still training with him as of the SFV’s prologue stories. 

2) Even in that ending, Oro wasn’t training Ryu and Ryu didn’t have him as a teacher. They were both training in the same place coincidentally and was unaware the other was there. 

6 hours ago, Daemos said:

This is true. We don’t have confirmation that Ryu took on Oro as a new master in 3S. It’s possible that Capcom ignored this ending like most of the world ignored 3S.

Not true, Oro just said it would take Ryu at least 15 years of his own training to become strong enough that he would have to use both his arms. He didn’t state that he had to become his student to do this.

The 2nd Impact ending implies that Oro wants to re teach Ryu. In 3rd Strike however it seems Oro abandons this idea as he thinks that Ryu’s own training would get him to become strong enough to seriously challenge him one day.

To be fair I thought that the robe that Ryu wears in SF6 belonged to Oro and that Oro kinda just forced ghosted away and left it behind like Yoda and Obi Wan. We know Ryu takes mementos like Ken’s headband so I just assumed he took Oro’s robe. 

Edited by bakfromon

And here we are, Final Fight time!

As usual click on pic for full size

@YagamiFireas promised 😄

https://i.ibb.co/Mkvnn2X/Cody.gif

Here i obviously picked SFV Cody, both as hairstyle and as face (i think face end up being pretty close)

As little bonus added two different hairstyles, SFV prisoner and FF1 original brown ingame hair

https://i.ibb.co/C2SF3Gv/Guy.gif

Silly thing had to call it "Guy." because retarded editor does'nt accept anything below 4 letters lmao (hope will get fixed)

I like this one but dislike how it looks in pics, mostly because i added bit extra muscle mass AFTER taking the screenshots

Had fun trying to recreate Guy grumpy face lol

https://i.ibb.co/F6BQ3fd/Haggar.gif

I know people would say an Haggar already exist as one of default templates, but i hated it lol, so i started from there but changed a lot of stuff

Last and totally unrelated, just to add some waifu to this post

https://i.ibb.co/xjdxJVD/Laura.gif

Had LOT of difficulties trying to do this one... skind tone gave me some troubles, editor seems to hate big boobs and is hard find satisfying option for haircut

I dig final result even if is far from perfect, likely just for the effort lol

Added at some point alternative haircut, possible to see in one pic

Edited by CESTUS III
14 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Ryu is the type though that would probably never call himself a master.  There's always more to learn for him.

Yeah that's a huge point of contrast between Ryu and Gouki. Gouki aggressively killed to declare himself master...Ryu, meanwhile, would never accept the title because he wouldn't think of himself like that.

@CESTUS IIIYoooo those are great! Especially the Cody!

Edited by YagamiFire
2 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

https://deadline.com/2023/04/street-fighter-danny-philippou-michael-philippou-eyeing-to-direct-legendary-film-1235339962/

Danny & Michael Philippou will direct a new Street Fighter movie. They also did a fan film 7  years ago.

I'm good knowing they really FANS, rather than some guys claiming to be a fan but in reality just like SF or like Fighting Games because they into video games, anime, kungfu movies or combat sports

like they are more of a fan of something else that they would turn SF into mma or somekind of something else they are really into rather than what really SF already established. SF had been already it's own it for 20 years more it doesn't need to be something else just to be widely accepted and known. 

seeing there fan made movie im glad they know how elaborate special moves in the mythos rather than a a seldom used move just to give a "nod" to the actual game.

5 hours ago, BornWinner said:

1) Gouken came back into Ryu’s life and he was still training with him as of the SFV’s prologue stories. 

Yeah but Gouken's training sessions after SF4 were intended to help Ryu transcend the SNH and unlock MNK, Ryu's full potential likely far exceeds Gouken and he needs a master more knowledgeable to take him there. Oro is the only one in the canon that could take him there, but Ryu likely will get there on his own also. His battles with the likes of Bison have been his best teachers.

5 hours ago, bakfromon said:

To be fair I thought that the robe that Ryu wears in SF6 belonged to Oro and that Oro kinda just forced ghosted away and left it behind like Yoda and Obi Wan. We know Ryu takes mementos like Ken’s headband so I just assumed he took Oro’s robe. 

That's what got our hopes up that Capcom didn't abandon that subplot completely. 

We may still get our force-ghosting away moment in SF6 if Akuma fights Gouken.

3 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

https://deadline.com/2023/04/street-fighter-danny-philippou-michael-philippou-eyeing-to-direct-legendary-film-1235339962/

Danny & Michael Philippou will direct a new Street Fighter movie. They also did a fan film 7  years ago.

Wow. Dreams do come true. 

They have a grasp on the games that's for sure, and those fight sequences were legit. Wish them the best of luck!

2 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Ya'll not seeing this?

First of all, the snippet about her story completely ignores the fact that Urien kidnapped Li-Fen. It's like they combined SF5 and SF3's ending but ignored the Illuminati's involvement altogether.

Second, this is the first time Post-ASF that Shadaloo was referred to as "sundered". Previously, Shadaloo was described to have been outright destroyed. The term implies that while the organization may no longer ever exist as it was, its constituents could exist as smaller entities. This lends more weight to FANG's short story.

I wonder if the Japanese version also uses a word synonymous with 'sunder'.

Edited by Daemos
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

I wonder if the Japanese version also uses a word synonymous with 'sunder'.

Nope, all the other versions (Chinese, Japanese, & Korean) imply that Chun li has achieved her long standing wish of defeating, eliminating, or destroying Shadaloo. The English version omits the part of her actually achieving her goals and just says that Shadaloo is sundered. 

Spoiler

Japanese:

CHUN-LI CV:折笠 富美子

華麗な脚技で闘う元・ICPOの捜査官。 黒い月事件の被害者だったリーフェンの保護者。 宿願だったシャドルー壊滅を果たし、 現在はカンフー教室を開いて街の人々と親しんでいる。

Chinese:

CHUN-LI CV:折笠富美子

靠著華麗的腳法戰鬥,前國際刑警調查員。黑月事件受害人麗芬的監護人。 如願以償擊潰了Shadaloo之後,目前開了一間功夫教室,跟鎮上居民關係和睦。

Korean:

CHUN-LI CV:오리카사 후미코

화려한 다리 기술로 싸우는 전직 ICPO 수사관. 검은 달 사건의 피해자였던 리펜의 보호자이다. 숙원이었던 샤돌루 괴멸을 달성하고, 지금은 쿵후 교실을 열어 거리 사람들과 친하게 지내고 있다.

Edited by bakfromon
5 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

Nope, all the other versions (Chinese, Japanese, & Korean) imply that Chun li has achieved her long standing wish of eliminating or destroying Shadaloo. The English version omits the part of her actually achieving her goals and just says that Shadaloo is sundered. 

Hide contents

CHUN-LI CV:折笠富美子

靠著華麗的腳法戰鬥,前國際刑警調查員。黑月事件受害人麗芬的監護人。 如願以償擊潰了Shadaloo之後,目前開了一間功夫教室,跟鎮上居民關係和睦。

Very interesting choice of words from English then. It's a very specific word with a very specific meaning.

15 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Very interesting choice of words from English then. It's a very specific word with a very specific meaning.

That and they chose to not include that she achieved her goals in defeating them… I mean we know she had a ton of help in defeating them, so much help it could be said she really didn’t do much at all besides being present for the event. 😭

I guess a better way to word it would be she witnessed her life long wishes fulfilled when Shadaloo was defeated. 

Edited by bakfromon
6 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Has anyone watched Saint Seiya to see if these two have more similarities?

Saying this fir years on SRK lol, that'why i say that we need a file with list of all stuff we find 😄

As far i remember i can't point more similarities about Saint Seiya and Remy 

But Saint Seiya villain Saga and his whole organization has been main ispiration for Gill (original SF name of Gill was "gemini" while at it), part of Secret Society and even his conflictual relationship with Urien 

I remember few months ago posted that i noticed Gill's flying knee special likely come from a fight between Saga and Ikki

We possibly also owe SS the birth of Ryu's shoryuken, considering dragon saint Shiryu had as special attack a big punch (usually an uppercut) called shoryuha, mentioned it few pages ago

SF3 on general had HUGE anime influence, for almost every char there was a clear wink at something 😄

Random update of my experiments lol

As usual you can click on pics to get bit larger size/better quality

https://i.ibb.co/nbsQK0B/Fei-Long.gif

One of the first characters to join if was up to me pick season 1 DLC

Made him slighty older but did'nt wanted to ruin much his classic look

Too bad it's impossible get legit black as hair color, would show more the black-to-brown shade i tried to make

https://i.ibb.co/1qsD16F/R-Mika.gif

She's a funny one, of course lot of the tricky part is do the mask with make up

Suffer a bit like Laura that SF6 editor hates big boobs, but being so muscular with Mika i could push a bit more the ribcage size

Think Rashid idle pose will work nicely on her

https://i.ibb.co/Wf4WMJM/Balrog.gif

Here i've took lot of inspiration from SFV Rog, i think we got close to it

Most tricky part was that you can't replicate his classic haircut, and i wanted to dodge the SF1 Mike look trying to give him one existing hairstyle

First solution was make him bald, then remeber that SF6 had big timeskip with all getting older and tought was fun make him half-way going bald lol

https://i.ibb.co/Rg9gf8b/G.gif

Just like for Guy had to call it "President G" for the editor limitations (min 4 letters)

Thing i like most of this one is i was able to give him the crazy guy look, dude in cutscenes goes from happy to murder in 3 frames lmao

Disappointed i had to give him moustasche but the only beard without stache was definitely too short to fit G style

Probably i've exagerated a bit with the height, will fix in final version when game is out

@CESTUS IIII've been messing around with character creator. It's going to take a bit to get a handle on it. Body portions are going to be an issue. I tried to create a "layup" creation. Something easy. I chose Storm. Outside not being satisfied with the hair options, outside of the mohawk. I really couldn't get the body portions right. Even if it looks fine the creator, it looked jank in game.

Edit: I feel dumb, just found a few options I hadn't noticed that help out somewhat.

lfNSbIW.jpg

sFlHdNC.jpg

Spoiler

f60YBs1.jpg

tgs8vyI.jpg

UfNsF8n.jpg

Eih6lfo.jpg

g72NYhp.jpg

4wVeHCF.jpg

G5mvvun.jpg

I wish there was a longer version of this hair style. It reminds me the most of her appearance of the 90s X-Men cartoon.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

So apparently the drones that will appear and attack you (and maybe the fighting fridges) are being developed by a company called SiRN. Not sure if they're related to Seth's SIN which was defunct but it could be a possibility. They were the weapons division of Shadaloo after all. SiRN is fairly new in the SF world as people say it's an up and coming robotics company. 

Edited by bakfromon
1 hour ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Someone on Reddit found this within the demo files. 

s0jTPQ4.png

I hope this is a good sign, but he also appears on the bus in that SFV stage no?

What other things can these miners find for us? They've been awfully quiet tbh. Usually the miners around this time would find much more info for us.

2 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Someone on Reddit found this within the demo files. 

s0jTPQ4.png

Cool to see he wear the yellow jumpsuit

The truth about Bruce Lee's yellow jumpsuit | South China Morning Post

Hope he will wear that as default design if we get him in SF6, while first alt will be nostalgia SF2 like for all other vets

But that's going to be Summer 2024 at best 😭

On bright side at least moveset wise he's one of the recreations wich will give best results with current cast moves

7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIII've been messing around with character creator. It's going to take a bit to get a handle on it. Body portions are going to be an issue. I tried to create a "layup" creation. Something easy. I chose Storm. Outside not being satisfied with the hair options, outside of the mohawk. I really couldn't get the body portions right. Even if it looks fine the creator, it looked jank in game.

Both you posted are good man 👍

My first complaint with SF6 editor is surely poor selection, but i think/hope just like we will get many clothes is possible we will be able to buy/unlock more hairstyles, facepaints and stuff like that

Proportions are bit a mess... I'm going to go same route as my SC run, so will work to keep my style consistent with the game style.

With the editor is possible, but you have to actively seek it

Sadly this editor is NOT born to make SF characters, but to make shitty realistic proportions puppets (just like NPCs), tricky part for me became start everything adapting the realistic proportions template to main cast/capcom style, so head, hands, feet and various area of muscle mass need to get bigger even just to fit next to them

Example Bosch who's designed like a main cast char (capcom style) despite being designed to be on lean/small side of SF world (if he ever get official stats, i think he'll be like 170cm/65kg) would make your avatar looks skinny af if you make it "realistic", even if he's supposed to be an 85kg dude lol

But easily main complaint at the moment is stickers/scars system being super retarded, veeeeeery weak compared to SC

Lot of stuff i thought would have been easy is probably going to be straight impossible because how  poor the system is 🥲

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

But easily main complaint at the moment is stickers/scars system being super retarded, veeeeeery weak compared to SC

Lot of stuff i thought would have been easy is probably going to be straight impossible because how  poor the system is 🥲

So much this. Despite what one the preset implies, you really can't make Seth. The lack of abstract skin colors and a layered sticker system.....

7 hours ago, bakfromon said:

So apparently the drones that will appear and attack you (and maybe the fighting fridges) are being developed by a company called SiRN. Not sure if they're related to Seth's SIN which was defunct but it could be a possibility. They were the weapons division of Shadaloo after all. SiRN is fairly new in the SF world as people say it's an up and coming robotics company. 

Why is a company specializing in AI/robotic home appliances producing hostile fridges and drones in Nayshall? The lowercase "i" in SiRN implies that it is separate from SIN. I don't think there is a relation there, but it would be funny if this is what Seth's madness at the end of SF5 lead to.

So what do we have here?

I'm very glad Capcom treats SF as a truly relevant brand again, it's quite a sight to see, hope after SF6 releases we see other major titles & crazier ideas from the fighting game team come to form. It's a proper product that has a direction, and while it's not something magical everyone loves (I'm not fully on board with the artstyle myself, and we desperately need CAP-JAM to remix those classic character themes), it's actually a complete game that WORKS, has a theme and undoubtedly has decent budget put into it. Looks more professional & less amateurish.

I'm loving how they allow creativity this time around with all those customizations and crazy modes & features, but as a lore fan I still feel like something is missing. World Tour is nice and all, surely there's gonna be loads of cool tidbits and references (thank you for remembering Carlos), always dreamt of exploring the SF world in-game, and Arcade Mode will likely have Rival Matches to it, however I also found the traditional cinematic story format exciting in its own right.
I'm kinda hoping we get something like that with DLC once the roster gets bigger, or at least make an animation with in-game graphics similar to GG Strive. I desperately need those character interactions lol. Well, we'll see what they have to offer with the prequel comics.

Long live Dee Jay 🌟

(no, I haven't forgotten about Fei Long, Eagle, 3S and Alpha chars. Let's get crazy with that Season 2 roster! And more than 4 chars, pretty please)

Edited by Tatsuroko
3 hours ago, Tatsuroko said:

(no, I haven't forgotten about Fei Long, Eagle, 3S and Alpha chars. Let's get crazy with that Season 2 roster! And more than 4 chars, pretty please)

if they actually plan on giving us one new major city next year then we really may just be getting 4.  Like having seen the requirements per character in this game, 6 seems like a big number now. Unless they are saving the cities for the actual super expansion.

Think we’ll get 2 SF2, 2 Alpha, and maybe 2 SF3 characters if we’re lucky.

11 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Edit: @CESTUS IIIThe real question is when are you going try your hand at Hakan's wife 😉

Melike - MyWaifuListhttps://i.ibb.co/cLjn9n8/Street-Fighter-6-Demo-20230421054256.gif
better quality pic click for normal proportions)

Spoiler

https://i.ibb.co/t2RwHXL/melike.jpg

Not satisfied with skin tone but beside that feel gone close enough given current tools

EDIT: neck definitely too thick... whatever, what is done is done, imagine it with much thinner neck 😄

4 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

@CESTUS IIIYou NEED to share use your recipes for these CC SF characters you've done. These are just too good!

I think i will do at some point 😉

Thing is we're still at demo phase i don't like the idea of release an unfinished product, let alone before i can put hands on actual game and see what i can done with it

For each char i think will release formula/recipe, clothes for default design/alts and likely also the moveset i use on it

Probably best would be make short vid, not sure how i will do it atm, maybe YT channel or maybe i'll just get lazy and not do anything lol we will see

All i know is this demo editor is helping a lot kill the wait till june lol

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, bakfromon said:

Apparently we're going to learn more about JP and why he abbreviates his name. 

Possibly related to the video leak of JP’s moveset. I think the leak is the first confirmation that JP’s purple ki is Psycho Power. I wonder if in all his portal hopping he met Bison on the other side…