Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

Looking back on Nash,  the empty vessel of Eleven was required to revive Nash in time to counter Operation C.H.A.I.N.S.

But I wonder what the method of revival would've been had they not been short on time. Something tells me Gill would've most likely participated in reviving Nash. It's implied that the process would've taken awhile, but I have a feeling Nash might've been more similar to the one in Vs/Arcade/Character Story than the one in ASF. This is all speculation. I just feel reviving him through Eleven was a faster process that came with a  significant (Limited time and more robotic in general) trade-off. 

You had Nash actually seeking Ryu out for a fight just to see how the Satsui no Hado compared to his own power from the Secret Society. I truly believe they had more in store for Nash. I also feel the same about Necalli. There was a huge change at some point. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this question posed on Reddit, and I'd love to hear your opinions.

I know character stories are short, and can be shallow at worst. But there are some good ones out there, and some that give these characters some genuine moments. So i'm curious to my SF Story Fam, which SFV Character story was your favorite?

EDIT: Copy/Paste my answer from Reddit

My favorites are:

Chun-Li: Seeing a bit of her story before SF Alpha, and loved seeing Chun-Li for the first time embrace the motherly side of her character with her and Li-Fen

Ed: LOVED seeing a more vulnerable side of Balrog we've never seen before.

Kolin: I think out of all the character stories, hers was the strongest when it comes to presentation of backstory and motivations.

Sakura: Romance in Street Fighter hasn't been a key element in the franchise, but I loved how sweet this one was. Also nice to see Sakura move forward with her story and mature instead of being stuck as a High School girl.

Rose: Because of all of the story and lore theories that have popped up since Rose's story mode.

Dan: Because it was stupid and funny and I had a great time.

E. Honda: Best moment of his character story was this... I mean this.

Edited by Chun-Li_Forever
On 7/4/2021 at 8:51 PM, Doctrine_Dark said:

really hits differently when you hear it after watching Nash's ending. I never really noticed it. This staff roll fits perfectly with the way it all went down.

The staff rolls were amazing.

This is part of why this is so solid and marks a memorable era in my childhood, alpha 2, X-men COTA, and Darkstalkers 2 on the Saturn really made an impact on my household. The music, the extra detail that Capcom put into things just made things magical and emotional on another level.  I really did love the staff rolls in this. Akuma's was really great cause of that theme.

34 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

So i'm curious to my SF Story Fam, which SFV Character story was your favorite?

Sakura's story. It's more of a personal reason and I know I wasn't the only one who had similar reasons given the reactions I read in several social media sites/youtube comments. 

That whole thing about Sakura coming to a head with her past carefree days and trying to make a future for herself resonated alot with me since I was a law student at the time she was released to SFV. I also particularly liked how it portrayed even simple dreams like parenthood as equally as tough to achieve and worthy as the other motivations characters in SF usually have. 

In a way, it's like we as the players have grown alongside Sakura. I think her MvSF theme did a good job about showing the bittersweet feeling of childhood innocence gradually coming to an end. 

Sakura.gif

Spoiler

Edited by N-Tactix
10 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

a friend pointed out

in DRAGON QUEST THE ADVENTURE OF DAI

15.jpg

Yup, Gomez is a blatant Zangief ripoff.
That was the time when Dai's authors were really obsessed with SF2, and introduced out of the blue a martial arts tournament, changing Maam into a Chun-Li clone. Even going as far as copying one of Akiman's poses in one of their illustrations.
spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Always thought it was interesting how Nash and Rolento crossed paths twice (Nash's secret boss battle in Alpha 2 and Nash's 2nd boss battle in Alpha 3) despite there being no storyline connection between them. I actually would've liked to have seen some development there. I know they created a conflict between Guile and Rolento in the EX continuity.

Agreed! Dude, one of the ideas I had for Charlie if he lived, was him slinking off into the shadows and "cleaning up" corruption, cause even with Bison gone, so many people in the upper brass not only betrayed him, but worked with Shadaloo, so they could still be causing trouble. Eventually I could see him running into Rolento and them have a standing rivalry of sorts.  There's so much potential for Charlie augh, killing him again was not how things should have gone down!

Also, random, but for years I've thought of how much Lance Reddick resembles David Spender, I made this post after responding to a tweet showing him  on the Eric Andre show, grunting and slamming his desk like Q.

I was looking to a infrastructure pictures and stumbled upon the Mosque of Samarra 

I know this wasn't pointed out and it didn't have windows like the tower of babel

but it still does look and parallel to something closest that is still standing or real 

1280px-The_spiral_minaret_in_Samarra.jpg

Abu-Dulaf-Mosque-Minaret-Samarra-ArchEye

Brr-gN3CEAAHgM7.jpg

Abu-Dulaf-Mosque-Minaret-Samarra-ArchEye

Samara Mosque is the closest to the architecture in Gills SFV stage we had still standing 

it's called a minaret

And I notice that minaret like towers has parallel to other Gill's stage also

f09042d35798131f194860cd569d1fef1b9f2dab

bJfW3aI.png

Besides the Street Fighter works, The concept artist of the stage is fond of eastern european architecture also in his other works 

https://maurocerati.artstation.com/projects/Poenwo

mauro-cerati-sun-chase-moon-01.jpg?15948

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTY-ghtDp10

0aZ0QOD.png

17 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Samara Mosque is the closest to the architecture in Gills SFV stage we had still standing 

it's called a minaret

And I notice that minaret like towers has parallel to other Gill's stage also

That depiction of a large spiralling tower is usually associated with The Towel Of Babel in Japan due to a manga named Babel II, that render is a near copy of the image used for the Tower in the manga. The manga was very influential in general, being the inspiration for the Jojo series and especially for KOF where Rugal's panther was named after Babel's panther. 

It's worth noting that Gill's stage in New Generation appears to be off the coast of Libya, which is known for its ancient ruins from the Greek+Roman periods but the liner notes and soundtrack listing for NG state the stage as Greece. Basically the SF version of the Illuminati is a hodgepodge of various elements of ancient cultures in and around the Mediterranean. 

4 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Coincidence that the summer reveal is this coming Tues, the  3rd of Aug?

Two days off my birthday. Nice 

Edited by N-Tactix
2 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

That depiction of a large spiralling tower is usually associated with The Towel Of Babel in Japan due to a manga named Babel II, that render is a near copy of the image used for the Tower in the manga.

yup you mentioned it also on the previous thread and posted strong similarities to it

babel01.jpg

I'm just adding several reference from real life that the concept artist are fond with that kind of architecture 

and also from @LOVECYCLONE https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/the-ultra-inevitable-street-fighter-v-story-thread/586509/5710

QUOTE:

The Tower of Babel-like structure was already present in Urien’s 3rd Strike ending; that ancient futuristic civilization look is based on Neo-Atlantis aesthetics from Nadia.

788527b4fe71ebcad14b7c4617f9508860288364

Edited by Shakunetsu
6 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

(Notice how KANZUKI is on her motorcycle. Any thoughts or connections to Karin? Or does she have a factory of manufactured vehicle parts as part of her Zaibatsu?)

Obvious pun between SUZUKI and KANZUKI aside, the Kanzuki zaibatsu is like the ACME of SF world. That they also make motorbikes is nothing surprising.

A guy I interact with on Twitter named Steven Mane noticed that in the original footage of Akira's reveal the Bike said Kanzaki, so it looks like they want to intentionally push a connection to Karin now.

Let's see what tomorrow brings. Excited and nervous about the 5th character. I'm still worried it might be a crossover character or, despite how much I love DS, they'll try to merge the universes.

What do you guys think? Who do you want and who do you expect is more likely?

For me, I'm pretty open, I just hope whoever it is furthers the current lore stuff (and ties into the developing G mystery especially after Rose's bombshell), as for who I expect I'm betting it's a new character or crossover like Terry.

28 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

What do you guys think? Who do you want and who do you expect is more likely?

I want a new background character that would be now became playable like Zeku or someone from Slammaster.

The character that I want to be the last character is Haggar.

but I expect it to be a new character that probably would tie everything from neo shadaloo, Rose and G.

Edited by Shakunetsu

A  Guest character from another company is the worst case scenario. If they allow it here they'll continue this bs in SFVI. 

A Darkstalker character would suck. At least with a guest you can say their appearance isn't canon just a one and done promotional stunt. But merging the SF and DS worlds together is a bad move for many reasons. It would also give DS fans false hope for a new game...

On the other hand, how do they top Akira? Despite Goutetsu being a worthless jobber who Akuma and Gouken surpassed decades before SF1, the general public think he's badass so maybe he can work.

I have this feeling that the final character may be a guest character, maybe from SNK, but hopefully I'm tripping (love SNK but don't want guest characters).

Arcade Mode however suggests that the final character should have something to do with SF4, assuming that Oro ends up occupying the empty spot in the character select screen for the SF3 arcade and Akira the empty spot in the Alpha one.

Luke is neither Rook nor Gunloc, come on. There was no need of an official confirmation from Nakayama, but it's nice to have it.
LOL at their crappy excuse "we already had enough X" when they discard characters. They had two boxers already and could've used DUDLEY but no, let's make a Steve Fox clone with Popeye's forearms. Bleh... At least he's not Kyo Kusanagi nor another crap guest character; and both Oro and Akira were cool.

9 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

LOL at their crappy excuse "we already had enough X" when they discard characters. They had two boxers already and could've used DUDLEY but no, let's make a Steve Fox clone with Popeye's forearms.

Yeah, I was hoping for a really crazy fighting style to close things out on. I wanna know what his deal is, cause all the secrecy and mystery for this guy seems confusing. Especially after Rose's story blowing whole new chapter open to the SF lore, I thought it'd be someone tied to that.

11 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Luke is neither Rook nor Gunloc, come on. There was no need of an official confirmation from Nakayama, but it's nice to have it.
LOL at their crappy excuse "we already had enough X" when they discard characters. They had two boxers already and could've used DUDLEY but no, let's make a Steve Fox clone with Popeye's forearms. Bleh... At least he's not Kyo Kusanagi nor another crap guest character; and both Oro and Akira were cool.

Max seems to think he's Captain Commando's civilian identity. People are determined to make him a pre-existing character.