Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

19 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

Ah, I didn't Read carefully, I didn't realize money was being exchanged, I thought it was just a website project.

They were making an physical encyclopedia. They were making someone similar to the World Warrior encyclopedia but entirely fan made. 

37 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

I mean, yeah but what did they expect.  You can't SELL something with someone elses IP and not get shut down.

They did try to get the thing officially licensed. I guess NRS and Warner Bros just weren't interested in this thing.  

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

They did try to get the thing officially licensed. I guess NRS and Warner Bros just weren't interested in this thing.  

Sure but, what difference does that make?

If I ask Disney to make a DuckTales cartoon to sell, and they say no, that doesn't mean I can do it anyway and not expect them to shut me down.  In fact it ensures that they will, because now they officially know about it.

hi guys

there has been an english translation of this in Udon stuff or someone did a translation on the base parts

@Lord_Vega@Miðgarðsorm

can I have the link thank you very much guy

tumblr_my9nldsVIp1rtwoppo1_r1_1280.jpg

edit it's on wiki 

https://streetfighter.fandom.com/wiki/Shadaloo_Headquarters

I'm still confused in the underground part in labels in-which is which in some areas

Edited by Shakunetsu
16 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

These guys have tried to get it licensed but a deal couldn't be reached.

Then that's just their fault. You don't just use another's IP and sell it w/o the license holder's permission. This would be like if we decided to monetise the SF plot guide. Surely they could have hosted all that info on a PDF folder for free or something. 

I'm sure that they just wanted to do this as a hobby rather than being scummy and it's sad that it's happened but had they taken different steps, their project might still been around. 

Edited by N-Tactix

NRS probably doesn't want it to have an encyclopedia, So they can retcon and change info whenever they wanted too freely without thinking of any conflict prior info.

Remember when Sindel was supposed to be different. It's like her character changing motivation was not just something from a time travel or a parallel with different events that took place. It's something totally from the ground up changes.

Imagine if Rose was suddenly really a villain since the Alpha series in her origin story in SF6... that's the kinda what Sindel is right now.

I mentioned the Shotokan line from BFTG again and got this from the game's dialogue writer:

"look lol i get where y'all are coming from but orders of magnitude more people were tickled to see the term pop up than the small number of people who know it's a malapropism. everyone still says 'which shoto should i play,' almost nobody uses Ansatsuken fluently. the die is cast. i thought about it and it went thru multiple rounds of approvals with capcom. this'll probably be an 'agree to disagree' situation but it wasn't deployed cluelessly"

Street Fighter 6, goodbye Anasatsuken, welcome back Shotokan in the profile list!?

On 6/6/2021 at 8:47 AM, Hawkingbird said:

It would avoid this type of situation for one thing. Getting licensed means NRS can get a piece of the pie which solves the issue of a third party profiting off their IP.

IF they say yes.  But if you asked, and they said no, it's kind of insane to go ahead and do it anyway, and then ask people for MONEY for it, when you KNOW you don't have permission.

21 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

"look lol i get where y'all are coming from but orders of magnitude more people were tickled to see the term pop up than the small number of people who know it's a malapropism. everyone still says 'which shoto should i play,' almost nobody uses Ansatsuken fluently. the die is cast. i thought about it and it went thru multiple rounds of approvals with capcom. this'll probably be an 'agree to disagree' situation but it wasn't deployed cluelessly"

The only problem with that is that when people say "which shoto should I play" they're talking about the PLAY STYLE, not the martial art.

They're saying "Which character with a QCF fireball and DPM rising physical attack should I play?"

Edited by DarthEnderX
6 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

So I just won a match against a Juri with Rose and saw the win quote again:

"Your eye foretells of a bleak and tragic future. You are being used."

Hmmm....I wonder who's using Juri? 

The Illuminati recruited Juri in her prologue.  

Edited by Psychoblue
7 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I wonder who's using Juri? 

The Illuminati. It gets sadder when you keep in mind what happened to Juri, she's the mirror to Chun-Li. Unlike Chun-Li, Juri let those feelings of anger and despair consume her. She's not evil in the traditional sense like Bison or Gill are, she's more like a animal in pain lashing out. 

14 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

They were working on this before asking for a license. I figure they would just continue being an unauthorized guide. 

And if they just wanted to keep making it as a free fan thing, more power to them.  But having a kickstarter page for something they expressly don't have permission to do is weird.

12 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Hmmm....I wonder who's using Juri? 

I mean, arguably anyone who can afford it, since she seems to be a freelance agent.  Like, who hired her to wake up Seth?

Edited by DarthEnderX
19 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

And if they just wanted to keep making it as a free fan thing, more power to them.  But having a kickstarter page for something they expressly don't have permission to do is weird.

The project from the start was always to release it as a physical book. The Kickstarter was they could have the funding to be able to self publish. 

The Illuminati didn't recruit Juri. 

Juri "joined" because she  saw it as an opportunity to take down Bison then proceeded to follow her own agenda. Just as she did while being part of S.I.N. 

Juri is a wildcard and make no mistake. I highly doubt she will ever be part of any faction,it does not suit her as a character.

Edited by Skort
2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Like, who hired her to wake up Seth?

I view it differently.  

I think Juri hires people to track down specific stuff for her. But she herself likes to take care of business when things come together. As she didn't follow a single suggestion the guy on the phone said before she activated Seth,then proceeded to walk away when she saw Seth is mentally unstable. 

Further proof is this cutscene. You would guess Illuminate are very good at covering their tracks. And granted, they are but that does not mean Juri did not manage to dig up information on them. 

So i don't necessarily view her as a mercenary for hire. More like,a triple ( ???? ) agent that uses any means necessary to achieve the goals of the only "organization" she cares about, herself. In more simple words,she don't work for anyone, and most likely will never work for anyone .She just gives the impression of doing so as long as it fits her agenda.

Desktop-Screenshot-2021-06-08-19-45-09-6

Desktop-Screenshot-2021-06-08-19-45-11-9

Edited by Skort

Quick question for anyone that knows; What's the deal with the Alpha game's story? Like is Alpha 3 a sequel to Alpha 2 or do both games have the same story that later SF games picked and chose which endings they wanted to use from each? I honestly can't tell lol

3 hours ago, Scotia said:

Quick question for anyone that knows; What's the deal with the Alpha game's story? Like is Alpha 3 a sequel to Alpha 2 or do both games have the same story that later SF games picked and chose which endings they wanted to use from each? I honestly can't tell lol

Take the endings with a grain of salt, especially the Alpha 3 ones, since it just feels like a different storyline compared to the Alpha 1 & 2 canons. But Alpha's canon is weird. Alpha 2 is a retcon of Alpha 1, with some minor differences.

14 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Take the endings with a grain of salt, especially the Alpha 3 ones, since it just feels like a different storyline compared to the Alpha 1 & 2 canons. But Alpha's canon is weird. Alpha 2 is a retcon of Alpha 1, with some minor differences.

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

Alpha 2 replaces Alpha 1.  Alpha 3 is a sequel to Alpha 2.  But later SF games seems to act like the events of Alpha 2 happened, but the events of Alpha 3 didn't.

Yeah I had feeling it was the latter where they just chose whatever endings they wanted for later games but I was looking at some of the Alpha 3 endings and some of them are like really out there for some characters (Sodom driving a truck into Shadaloo and blowing himself up?).

Thanks for the replies though, I wasn't sure if it A3 was a straight up sequel or not but it seems like the better way to view it is to just look at each ending and kind of see how or if they match up to later games lol.

It's whatever the future recent games confirmed regardless how we viewed and interpreted it in the past it doesn't matter.

Capcom have shifting staff and priorities, while people come and go.

Likely this people don't even talk deeply and in depth with story. What they probably do instead is just referring to the recent works and find a way to  ADJUST the story to fit the current priorities and necessity of SF expansion. So it's about the recent necessities over the previous establish story.

So it's unlikely they will priority story agency to be strict over flexibility and expansion.  Character Request, Gameplay Mechanics, Aesthetics, Game Modes, Trends with Fads is likely be above the "how will they fit this recent game narrative to the other game narrative that were done by the previous staff from 2 decades ago"

So also don't expect a general rule that they be obliged to enforce and restrict whatever they want other than  what fits the demand and the needs.  it's the story from the 2 decades ago that would be adjusted instead. So expect anything to be fluid but not so radically altered unless it would created major restriction to future priorities.

Even some info from sources in japanese and international sources do contradict each other in the past from naming, translation and cultural priorities. Take a look at ST revival GBA, SF4 Aftermath, SFV AE arcade mode SF2 path and USF2 then SFV AE arcade mode SFV path and SFV a shadow falls. Major events change overtime even how recent they are.

Even SFEX was also another designed from the ground up to be future timeline setting at some point. Regardless it wasn't fully Capcom but because those from the other company were the guys that were fully into SF so it's more on bridging initially.

And It was likely that "SF Alpha" and "SFEX" were the SF titles that was written and designed from the ground up of their narrative to be strongly connected and bridge gaps in SF back in the day. Compare to others in those era that tries to be intended as separate but in the end was changed. It's always been a mistake that they want try something new and  different that they wanted it to be treated separate but still keep with the popular brand name to sell it. Iol cough cough SF 2010 and SF 89.

SF is a  ever expanding franchise that has a bit of likeness to comics not a show with a predetermined future that everything should compromised to the future and ending unless it would went hiatus again . Because Capcom isn't selling SF as a story telling game but it's one of the least thing they priority in the franchise that is a fighting game.

Edited by Shakunetsu

The fact that the Alpha arcade mode in SF5 features only one ending per character doesn't help since they had to choose between Alpha2 and Alpha3.

There was also the theory that since Alpha3 featured all SF2 characters and had Bison as the final boss Capcom might be looking to fuse its story with SF2 for simplicity, as suggested by C. Viper's animated short for SF4 that looks a lot like SFA3 and SF2.

39 minutes ago, mikros said:

The fact that the Alpha arcade mode in SF5 features only one ending per character doesn't help since they had to choose between Alpha2 and Alpha3.

Yeah there still Alpha 3 stories in SFV AE arcade path anyway

38 minutes ago, mikros said:

There was also the theory that since Alpha3 featured all SF2 characters and had Bison as the final boss Capcom might be looking to fuse its story with SF2 for simplicity, as suggested by C. Viper's animated short for SF4 that looks a lot like SFA3 and SF2.

I remember this one being mentioned before until Capcom made a separate Arcade Path for SF2 in SFV AE

Looks like they aren't into optimizing stories and the Viper Aftermath isn't still confirmed or acknowledge by SFV and recent SF2 iterations.

Yet I preferred the  Viper Aftermath because it's a glorious end for Bison and gave almost everyone an opportunity to be involve except for THawk, but I accepted it's not referred by any recent games up to date. I hope it would be someday rather than those in USF2 and SFV AE Sf2 arcade path.

Edited by Shakunetsu

spacer.png

crappy translations

During Alpha 3

• "Psychodrive is destroyed by the hands of fighters, and Shadaloo is ostensibly destroyed" (格闘家たちの手によりサイコドライブが破壊され、表向きはシャドルーが壊滅)

After Alpha 3

• "Vega triggers 'Living Incubator' plan to develop new alternative body" (ベガ、新たな代替ボディを開発する「リビング・インキュベータ」 計画を発動)
  • "Abel, born as an android, rescued by Nash. Nash then goes missing" (人造人間として生み出されたアベル、ナッシュによって救出ナッシュはその後行方不明になる)

SFII

• "The "World Fighting Championship" was held by Shadaloo. Aiming at the body of Ryu, a fighter who defeated Vega and Sagat." (シャドルーの暗躍により、「世界格闘選手権」が開催。ベガ、サガットを倒した格間家、リュウのボディを狙う)

In Karin's SFV side story it confirms that Karin fought against M. Bison (lol) so her ending is somewhat canon. Her side story doesn't say anything about beating him, Ryu is the one who destroys M. Bison's body which leads directly into SFII. 

On 5/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, ShockDingo said:

Huh...uh, on the topic of Ortega, I had had the weirdest thought in the back of my mind. Part of his story is that he vanished and eventually when a worthy challenger appeared, he returned. It's been a LONG time since I've played  Slam masters, but doesn't he have some upward energy attack that resembles fire? Also, I for the heck of it decided to check on his height.

He's 6'7" & 344 lbs

G's  6'7" & 330 lbs

Both are mysterious with being from "parts unknown"

I'm reading too much into this, but I just thought it was weird and kinda interesting hah

On 5/10/2021 at 9:02 PM, YagamiFire said:

Interesting the physical specs between Ortega and Gill with that quote...and Ortega is a wrestler while Gill was supposed to be a user of pankration

Ortega is Gill's father confirmed (But not really)

I think... There was a small confusion here. LOL.

Well, Gill's stats (Height, Weight) are all unknown. While G's are 6'7" and 330lbs.

Which brings us to....

On 5/11/2021 at 2:34 PM, N-Tactix said:

Searched around for this and the Street Fighter wiki and some other English sites say this. But I haven't found anything in Japanese, I tried typing up Gill, Street Fighter and different synonyms for mother/parent in Japanese and nothing comes up. 

That's because this was never said about Gill's parents, but "Urien's".

It was on Capcom's SF3:2nd Impact japanese site:

"家  族
ギルと共に組織の総統候補として教育を受けた者のうちの一人。候補者の父母は共に頭脳明晰、肉体的にも健全で優秀な人物ばかりである。
ユリアンの両親も、共に博士号を持ち、特に母親は、スポーツ力学の分野で活躍し自らもオリンピック選手とのこと。しかし、相当候補として選抜された子供たちは6歳になると親から引き離され、組織により帝王学を叩き込まれる。そのため彼らがもっとも身近に感じることが出来る人間は、共に帝王学を学んだ数名の総統候補者同士である。

性  格
人類の指導者として幼い頃から帝王学を受けたその性格は、まさに帝王の資質十分と言っていい。しかしながら、たった一つの総統の座をギルに渡すこととなったその事実は、総統になるための教育を受けた彼にとって屈辱以外なにものでもない。彼の胸の奥底で日毎、大きくなっていく暗く蠢く感情に、彼自身が気付き葛藤に煩悶する日もそう遠くないであろう。

格闘スタイル
人体における闘士として理想的なバランスとパワー、スピードを兼ね備え、身につけた格闘術は、組織、数千年の歴史と総統候補にのみ伝えられる、秘伝の集大成である。
その格闘術の全てを身につけることは、不可能とされているが、ギルは最終段階の奥伝まで進み66の奥義の内の一つリザレクションを身につけた。
ユリアンの技の中では、イージスリフレクターが奥義の一つである。
"

Translation using Google translator (might not be 100% accurate):

"Family

One of those educated with Gill as a candidate for president of the organization. The parents of the candidates are all clear-minded, physically healthy and excellent people. Urien's parents both have PhDs, and his mother, in particular, is active in the field of sports mechanics and is an Olympic athlete herself. However, the children selected as good candidates are separated from their parents at the age of six, and the organization slams them into royal studies. Therefore, the people they can feel most familiar with are several candidates for president who have studied imperial studies together.

Personality

It can be said that the character of having received imperial studies from an early age as a leader of humankind is exactly the quality of the emperor. However, the fact that he was given the position of only one president to Gill is nothing more than a humiliation for him who was educated to become president. It won't be long before he realizes the dark and writhing emotions that grow deeper in his heart every day and agonizes himself in conflict.

Fighting style

With the ideal balance, power, and speed as a warrior in the human body, the martial arts that he has acquired are the culmination of secrets that can only be passed on to the organization, thousands of years of history, and candidates for president. It is said that it is impossible to acquire all of the martial arts, but Gill advanced to the final stage of the mystery and acquired one of the 66 mysteries, Resurrection. Among Urien's techniques, Aegis Reflector is one of the mysteries."

If this translation is accurate, it's interesting to note that, the bolded parts specifically regards Urien's parents, specially his mother. There's nothing mentioning about them also being Gill's parents. Also, the part "the people they can feel most familiar with are several candidates for president who have studied imperial studies together"  clearly implies that the candidates see themselves as part of a family... as brothers.

Now, since this text probably was released BEFORE the game, they could have decided to let the matter about them being (blood?) brothers something that the players would discover when finishing the game with Urien.

On 5/2/2021 at 2:52 AM, Lord_Vega said:

Tomorrow I can get a picture of Eternal Challenge (UDON's translation) of Q's section. I don't remember if there's anything interesting there....

I wonder if there's anything about Richard on the 3rd Strike Secret File?

I know that @Hawkingbirdposted the UDON translation of Q's profile but here's another picture of it. I also included the japanese version if anyone is interested in comparing the texts.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 6/16/2021 at 1:57 PM, Scotia said:

Pretty much what alreadywas said here.

Most of the Zero arc happens during the year of 1988. Zero 1 and Zero 2 have the same story with Z2 being how things happened. However how Vega/Bison recruits Sagat for Shadaloo and how Ken met Eliza after a fight is how Zero 1 depicts it.

Zero 3 is a straight sequel for most part of the characters story, like Dan having "defeated" Sagat, Adon pursuing the fighter (Gouki) whom defeated Adon's rival in his Z2 ending, etc.

However, everyone meeting Vega at "Point 48106" (Thailand) didn't happen.

Capcom changed some things like when Nash dies. It's now after Z3 after saving Abel from a burning base. It's possible that Dhalsim's All About SFZ3 account is placed now before/during Z2, since Sally is still pregnant of Datta. Sagat's AASFZ3 account also might have changed it's place. Sagat gone missing for a year (after his defeat at Ryu's hands) during the Zero 3 time, and he refusing Vega's personally asking for him to come back to Shadaloo before SF4 (Sagat left Shadaloo during SF2).

11 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

crappy translations

SFII

• "The "World Fighting Championship" was held by Shadaloo. Aiming at the body of Ryu, a fighter who defeated Vega and Sagat." (シャドルーの暗躍により、「世界格闘選手権」が開催。ベガ、サガットを倒した格間家、リュウのボディを狙う)

Interesting, those are Google translator translations.

I had this translated by a friend and @Miðgarðsormtranslated it a while after and we almost got the same outcome: '"15: The World Fighting Championship is organized by Shadaloo - which now acts in the shadows (in secret). Vega is after Ryu’s body, who defeated Sagat."

@Miðgarðsormwould you mind re-checking this part of the translation? Which one is correct/more accurate? Vega being after Ryu's body for him having beaten Sagat or that Ryu defeated both Vega and Sagat? Thanks in advance.

And, @BootyWarrior, how did you manage to extract the japanese text from the picture?

11 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

Ryu is the one who destroys M. Bison's body which leads directly into SFII. 

Actually, it could also be interpreted that Ryu defeated both Vega and Sagat, making Ryu the SF2 winner. But... I don't think Capcom would satisfy our curiosity THAT easily....

And.... As a side note, The Beyond the World Book was released in French language (while UDON's english one was postponed to august), interesting to note the mistranslation for that very same sentence:

spacer.png

It says:

"Le 2° tournoi mondial d'arts martiaux a lieu. Il est en réalité organisé par M. Bison, dans le but de s'emparer du corps de Ryu, I'homme qui a vaincu Sagat lors du premier tournoi."

And the translation:

"The 2nd World Martial Arts Tournament is taking place. It is actually organized by M. Bison, with the aim of seizing the body of Ryu, the man who defeated Sagat in the first tournament."

I wonder if the first and second tournament was something Capcom of America requested them to add?

When that thing calls Abel an "android" does it mean that in the regular sense of "a robot that looks like a human" or does it mean it in the Japanese usage of "any kind of artificial human".

Like, would they also consider Cammy and Ed androids because they were artificially grown humans?

Edited by DarthEnderX
4 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

When that thing calls Abel an "android" does it mean that in the regular sense of "a robot that looks like a human" or does it mean it in the Japanese usage of "any kind of artificial human".

Likely the latter. Think of how Kula Diamond and K' are referred to as Cyborgs by May Lee and some material as "改造人間" (a remodelled human, the naming comes from the manga Babel II, which, like alot of Mitsuteru Yokoyama's works, was a huge inspiration on SNK's staff with Rodem the Panther, Kyo's story during 1999-2001 is heavily similar to the sequel manga My Name is 101 (その名は101)  down to Kyo wearing a more fashionable version of Babel's clothes.) 

4 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Like, would they also consider Cammy and Ed androids because they were artificially grown humans?

Probably, we'd have to look at whether the Japanese scripts give them a special name. 

Edited by N-Tactix

Basically, I've always been curious whether Abel is actually a machine, covered in some kind of artificial flesh(like his SFxTK alt costume implies) and Seth is just the same kind of machine without the flesh covering.

Or, is Abel just another of shadaloo's artificially grown humans.  And Seth is the same kind of artificial human, but with cybernetics implanted in him, giving him his mechanical appearance.

3 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

Likely the latter. Think of how Kula Diamond and K' are referred to as Cyborgs by May Lee

Since it's May Lee, if she's the only one that calls them that, I'm going to assume she's just incorrectly applying fictional tropes where they aren't actually applicable.

Edited by DarthEnderX

2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Since it's May Lee, if she's the only one that calls them that, I'm going to assume she's just incorrectly applying fictional tropes where they aren't actually applicable.

Many wiki sites use the term to describe the NESTS characters:

https://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/クーラ・ダイアモンド

Kula is referred to as a "Remodeled Human" here, for example. 

@ScotiaLooking forward to when you cover the "Tales of Ash" arc. 

Edited by N-Tactix

8 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

4 hours ago, N-Tactix said:

Likely the latter. Think of how Kula Diamond and K' are referred to as Cyborgs by May Lee and some material as "改造人間" (a remodelled human, the naming comes from the manga Babel II, which, like alot of Mitsuteru Yokoyama's works, was a huge inspiration on SNK's staff with Rodem the Panther, Kyo's story during 1999-2001 is heavily similar to the sequel manga My Name is 101 (その名は101)  down to Kyo wearing a more fashionable version of Babel's clothes.)

The other translation that I posted a few months ago said that "Abel was born as an artificial/sinthetic man". Android might have been a mistranslation from Google part?

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

Basically, I've always been curious whether Abel is actually a machine, covered in some kind of artificial flesh(like his SFxTK alt costume implies) and Seth is just the same kind of machine without the flesh covering.

Or, is Abel just another of shadaloo's artificially grown humans.  And Seth is the same kind of artificial human, but with cybernetics implanted in him, giving him his mechanical appearance.

Abel is just another of Shadaloo's artificially grown humans. He was created  from scratch in a lab through artificial means (probably by in vitro fertilization using a mix of Vega's DNA with other enhanced breeds), maybe he even developed inside an artificial womb instead of using a surrogate mother. His growth process was accelerated by Shadaloo's tech and he quickly came to the age that we know him. Actually, 5 years before that. When all the 26 bodies reached such development/aging stage, Shadaloo started their cybernization process. At least that's what we can get from Seth's dialogue to Abel, that he was the "imperfect one that fled".

Does anyone have the SFxTK artbook? Does it have any commentary about Abel being like Seth under his skin?

11 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Nope. Cammy (and Decapre) is an artificially created woman just like Abel, but with DNA identical (less the appearance) of Vega and without the aging acceleration process. Falke is like Abel, but with the aging acceleration process.

Ed's situation is more like the Dolls. It's implied, in the japanese text of his story mode, his April Fools side story for Hado Stone and in Vital Box II, that he was kidnapped at a very young age and experienced on with Vega's DNA and Psycho Power.

Now, I do wonder, why does Shadaloo calls the surveillance Monitor Cyborgs cyborgs, could it be that they were human before being turned into a machine? Aren't they androids? They seem to be made of machinery only.

2 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

The other translation that I posted a few months ago said that "Abel was born as an artificial/sinthetic man".

Do you still have the raw text? Worth noting out here that while "改造人間" (Kaizo-Ningen)  literally translates to remodelled human, it's usually used as a catch-all phrase for cyborgs/experiments/mutants. They might have used another term for Abel. 

On 5/4/2021 at 3:01 AM, Lord_Vega said:

spacer.png

1: Chronology of events during the Street Fighter series
2: The events occurring during the Street Fighter series are connected, and constitute a very long story. Here we have loosely sorted these events, separated by game.
Moreover, you should pay attention to the events occurring in character endings that contradict the general story. Furthermore, as the story of Street Fighter EX takes place in a parallel setting, we’ve left it out¹.
3: Time of the title
4: Title
5: General events
6: 1987
7: Date uncertain
8: Ryu and Ken, seeking to become the “strongest fighter”, depart to battle street fighters.
9: Ryu beats Sagat with a Shoryuken. Sagat vows revenge.
10: Vega travels the world, searching for strong fighters.
11: The “Psycho Drive”, a weapon that would supply Vega’s body with unlimited Psycho Power, becomes operational.
12: The Psycho Drive is destroyed by the fists (it could also be interpreted as efforts) of various/several fighters, and Shadaloo is officially declared destroyed.
13: Vega starts the “Living Incubator” project, that would develop new substitute bodies for him.
14: Abel is born as an artificial man, and is rescued by Nash. Nash subsequently disappears.
15: The World Fighting Championship is organized by Shadaloo - which now acts in the shadows (in secret). Vega is after Ryu’s body, who defeated Sagat.
16: S.I.N’s CEO Seth rebels against Shadaloo.
17: S.I.N is destroyed.
18: Bison rescues the young Ed from S.I.N’s ruins.
19: Sagat estranges himself from Shadaloo.
F.A.N.G takes Sagat’s former place among the Four Kings.
20: Shadaloo launches the “Black Moons Project”. NY’s zone is struck by a violent electromagnetic wave and plunges into chaos.
21: The Kanzuki house calls fighters from all over the world to help.
22: Through the fighters's fist, they crush the “Black Moons Project”. Shadaloo is destroyed again.
23: Chun Li becomes the guardian of the young hacker Li Fen.
24: Ed leaves Balrog and forms his own independent organisation.
25: Tom, Alex’s guardian, is attacked by a mysterious blonde fighter.
26: Li Fen, the girl Chun Li took into care, is abducted by a mysterious organisation.
27: Alex begins his trip to avenge Tom.
28: Hugo and Poison found the new pro-wrestling group Huge Wrestling Army
29: Alex departs once again to test himself.

¹ So… EX’s characters are canon (otherwise they wouldn’t have mentioned Darun’s role in ASF), but their games’ story isn’t.

Thanks to  Midgardsorm for the translation (back in 2018).

@N-TactixReposting the timeline with the translation.

I'll try to get the Ed jap text from his storymode and vital box II profile.

@Lord_VegaThey use "人造人間" (Jinzo-Ningen) which can translate to "artificial/man-made human" in Japanese. So the translation is right, I don't doubt Midgardsorm's skills at all. They are far better than me at this. 

On 6/20/2021 at 3:06 AM, Shakunetsu said:

I wonder if that would be the case also with Rival School Characters and plot as well. I hope it is to lessen everything complicated.

They cameo already in SFV so we can assume that the the events of the first game has already happened or is close to happening. The story writer of RS said that Sakura's inclusion was non-canon. She is a fitness instructor/PE Teacher in Sakura Ganbaru and SF4 did reference that, we also don't know what course she's taking in Uni either so the best way to tie RS to SF is to have Sakura teach at one of the schools, preferably Taiyo High. 

We'll see what Akira's story has to offer. 

Edited by N-Tactix
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Scotia said:

Not sure if this is the right topic but some scans of beta artwork for 3rd Strike are going round on Twitter. Ryu's is completely different than the one we got (and I like it more tbh)

They are rough drafts, so I get why they look bad, but Ryu does look more better in the original screenshots than the giraffe neck he in the final, his face in the early draft is terrible. Might just be that I really despise Daigo Ikeno's artwork after the mid 90's where he changed his style a lot influencing my opinion.

Edited by N-Tactix