Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

8 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Roh as a feeder. gabe as booker. LETS FUCKING GO. 

I remember watching a few episodes of ROH lately, I think it's a good wrestling show. Now with that Tony Khan budget, it should get even better

They outta use Regal as GM and a talent scout for ROH

52 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

According to Keith Lee, he said Vince didn't like the way he talked. He said he "sounded too smart for his own good" 

Maybe I'm looking too deep, but that shit sounded lowkey racist.... 

There were others who said that he presented weird for a monster because he was so eloquent, but Vince wanted to book him as a monster heel when that's not who Keith is supposed to be.  You could look at it as him saying he sounds too smart for a black guy, but I think he meant he sounds too smart for what Vince wanted him to be.  

1 minute ago, Psychoblue said:

There were others who said that he presented weird for a monster because he was so eloquent, but Vince wanted to book him as a monster heel when that's not who Keith is supposed to be.  You could look at it as him saying he sounds too smart for a black guy, but I think he meant he sounds too smart for what Vince wanted him to be.  

You could argue that but then why would Vince pull him into a separate room just to give him advice on sounding like an idiot? Vince knew what he was doing 

Just now, HD-Man said:

You could argue that but then why would Vince pull him into a separate room just to give him advice on sounding like an idiot? Vince knew what he was doing 

Because Vince has done this in the past.  Gallows talked about a few times how Vince would pull him and Jessie into a private room to go over how Festus should present.  He's done this with other characters he's invested in like Kane, Bret, Angle etc.  Anyway, it was a dumb take being that's not who Keith should have been to begin with so I won't defend it further.  I don't think it was overtly racist but it was definitely out of touch. like how Whoopi's comments about the Holocaust got taken sideways even though it probably wasn't done with ill intent. 

Edited by Psychoblue

Lashley, a well spoken, intelligent, non stereotypical black man with a stable of guys just like him that got over

But Vince was like "Nah, get rid of the Hurt Business and give Lashley some hoes"

And don't give me started on Big E's run 🤦🏾‍♂️

Edited by HD-Man
Just now, HD-Man said:

Lashley, a well spoken, intelligent, non stereotypical black man with a stable of guys just like him that got over

But Vince was like "Nah, get rid of the Hurt Business and give Lashley some hoes"

And don't give me started on Big E's run 🤦🏾‍♂️

Big E's run bothers me because they actually gave him some Super Cena moments that made me think he got the seal of approval.  The silver lining is that his push could restart randomly like how there's murmurs Ricochet is being catapulted to the #2 face on Smackdown after Drew and how Jinder randomly won a world title and held it for half a year because WWE wanted to chase the demos before they got bored and realized they fucked up.  

Edited by Psychoblue
1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

Because Vince has done this in the past.  Gallows talked about a few times how Vince would pull him and Jessie into a private room to go over how Festus should present.  He's done this with other characters he's invested in like Kane, Bret, Angle etc.  Anyway, it was a dumb take being that's not who Keith should have been to begin with so I won't defend it further.  I don't think it was overtly racist but it was definitely out of touch. like how Whoopi's comments about the Holocaust got taken sideways even though it probably wasn't done with ill intent. 

FTR talked about that as well. Dax would talk how Vince and management thought they were morons because of how they would talk and would prove themselves eloquent when people would actually talk to them. The two of them managed to corner Vince at catering and talk to him hoping to change his perception of them so they wouldn't be pigeon holed over it. 

Of course, there was also that time when Brodie Lee couldn't get a push because Vince wanted him to do a southern accent and he wasn't capable of it

20 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Of course, there was also that time when Brodie Lee couldn't get a push because Vince wanted him to do a southern accent and he wasn't capable of it

Being real, given what he was prior to becoming what he became in the Dark Order I would have thought he was from Mississippi or something like that with how he was presented so I can't blame Vince for being thrown off that he was a guy from the Northeast through and through LOL.  

Strangely, Vince was talking about this same thing with Brock in that Pat shoot I posted, saying that he's super eloquent even though at first glance you'd think he was a big brute.  

Edited by Psychoblue
34 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

Now that ROH is owned by AEW, I wonder what will be different with Supercard of Honor next month (if anything is different at all).

So it's apparently not owned by aew technically. Its a separate companay that tony khan owns. But even so i dont expect any changes for Supercard maybe they implement a storyline into it. Most likely aew will treat roh like njpw strong to njpw proper. Where if your good enough you get booked for the bigger show 

Edited by Maxx
2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

So it's apparently not owned by aew technically. Its a separate companay that tony khan owns. But even so i dont expect any changes for Supercard maybe they implement a storyline into it. Most likely aew will treat roh like njpw strong to njpw proper. Where if your good enough you get booked for the bigger show 

Seeing how Battle of the Belts II is in the same building a couple of weeks after, there's probably gonna be appearances from AEW wrestlers at the very least.

20 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Big E said its hard to latch on to a new champion when you give him multiple losses in only his first month

Big E knows what's up, I knew he wasn't oblivious to the bullshit booking he suffered through. Glad he finally spoke on it tho

Oh hes very aware of all things. Remember the convo him and miz had about kofi

4 hours ago, Maxx said:

So i got told a eddie kingston story by one of my wrestling coaches today 😂

There’s gotta be something in the water in NY cause Him and Homicide have the goofiest  fucking stories ever. 😂😂😂

And of course Kingson wanted newports. ☠️☠️☠️

Edited by iStu X
21 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Late to the conversation but to prove FTRs point of how Vince and co are dumb as fuck. Vince though comparing FTR to Tully and Arn was more of an insult in his mind than praise.

I dunno comparing them to tully and arn makes sense. Thats exactly who they bass their style after and the era. Ftr did that themselves. 

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I dunno comparing them to tully and arn makes sense. Thats exactly who they bass their style after and the era. Ftr did that themselves. 

Oh I know it makes perfect sense Vince tried to use that as a negative on FTR. Not long after that meeting is when they were taken off tv.