Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

5 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

New Battle Angel Alita Trailer

Thanks for that link.  👍  An old favorite from long ago makes its way onto the big screen.  Aside from my current,"Ugh, Hollywood." tendencies, It looks like they may have enough sense to follow the damn script for once.  My main concern was Grewicica (SP?), but it looks like they may just CGI that.  The little bit shown in the trailer is okay.  I hope they'll keep it close to the book and make a good show of it.  Fingers crossed.  

Classic segment from the Stern show many years ago...  out of the blue I needed to hear this again and capture some audio on my phone....and sure enough someone's uploaded it on youtube (*heh, so the "Negro woman...of the south" and his "I find you highly disgusting." lines are now soundbytes on my phone; may make them into text alerts later)

*back on this Titans shit though... not only does Starfire look like a ho...she actually looks old too. (haha someone on a reaction vid I was watchin said "why does she look like she's 50?!)..that one closeup shot looks like "Wrinkle in Time" edition Oprah for real, man.  I can't let it go... it is fascinating how awful the trailer for that shit is.

Edited by MillionX

The latest Phil update... apparently he let it slip on an IRL stream that there's a new car in the picture...?  So of course people went digging for info and there is a 2017 Subaru registered to their address... heh, that is GOLD if true, man....I'm also hearing of a 2017 Toyota..?  I am not sure if the ol' BMW is still in the mix.

• Gated community; large house (which for some hilarious reason DOESN'T have central heating/air?!?)
  • BMW apparently; not sure if still there
  • New 2017 car (supposedly this is a Subaru WRX)
  • 2 internet lines; one of them being "business class".
  • All gaming systems + PC, along with a huge collection of figurines and misc. collectible stuff.
  • Estimated to still be in the 6-figure club, despite declining views and fans.

^This is a guy that still needs your help, folks...he's just barely getting by. 🤣

On another note-- systems went down at work yesterday, so we all got to sit around doing absolutely nothing for the last 35 to 40 minutes or so... it was awesome, being "on the clock" for nothing.  Of course I had Switch with me so that was a perfect opportunity to get in some more time with Enter the Gungeon.

Edited by MillionX

I posted  this in the TF thread, but its worth repeating here ..

http://www.superherohype.com/news/419825-1986s-transformers-the-movie-coming-to-theaters-in-september#/slide/1

Transformers The Movie (1986)  will have a special one day/one time showing in the USA on September 27! at 7:00 pm

This special event is a collaboration between Fathom Events, Hasbro Studios and Shout! Factory, and it will also provide moviegoers with a sneak peek behind the making of the Bumblebee feature film, and a brand-new interview with singer-songwriter Stan Bush including recent performances of the theme songs “The Touch” and “Dare.” Moviegoers will be able to enjoy the film in approximately 500 select U.S. movie theatres

Edited by DangerousJ
Just now, misterBee said:

Actually...no.  No I'm not.

I genuinely like the first Transformers movie.  The rest are trash but I legitimately love the first one.

It's better than the 80s cartoon movie.  I said it.

I'll give you that it's better than rest of the Bayformers films but better the 1986 film!? Nah fam. The Transformers animated movie is the only Transformers movie. What I mean by that is the Transformers are the focus of the film and the humans are background characters as they should be. The Bayformers always focuses way too much on the human characters. The first film is basically the classic "dorky kid hooks up with the hot popular chick film" with some Transformers thrown in the background.

cheh, funny recent thing about Dad...I was over there hanging out with him last weekend, and as usual we were up late talking (aka his multi-hour monologues as usual) and watching things on Youtube....while looking at some "Worst Movies of 2017" and "Best Movies of 2017" lists... I tried not to laugh too much when on just about everything for both lists got a "NEVER HEARD OF IT" kind of response out of him 😆.... well of course, Mr. "I don't watch television except for sports and news" ....he acknowledged that's the reason though... but of course one list gets to THE POST (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6294822/  )... some of the most boring shit ever, and he flips out on that one like "oooh! I wanted to see that one!" and proceeds to order it immediately on one of the streaming services... now, it was about 2 am at the time and this man actually says "wanna see it now?" .  Sheeeeeit, I quickly got out of that and put it off to the next day.... I was already halfway in dreamland at that point anyway, feeling like I took a benadryl about 25 minutes ago and the effects were starting to hit me....no way I could've endured The Post of all things, especially that late after being up all day.

oh and fortunately Dad has so many things on his mind at any given moment... I figured he'd forget about watching The Post the next morning, and that's exactly what happened... so I managed to escape without having to endure that movie.

What the hell is up with Tom Hanks in the past several years?  That dude was a great comedic actor back in the day...and now it's like a clause in his contract that he only appears in the most dreadfully boring movies of the modern era.  Whatever his next one is, I guarantee that will be some boring shit too... maybe a movie about how the network CBS got started....or a "thrilling drama" about what goes on behind the scenes at C-SPAN....or a 3-hour movie about the people that wrote encyclopedias back in the day.🙄 Goddamn, Tom---"Stop it.  Get some help."

Edited by MillionX

On 8/1/2018 at 9:14 PM, misterBee said:

Actually...no.  No I'm not.

I genuinely like the first Transformers movie.  The rest are trash but I legitimately love the first one.

It's better than the 80s cartoon movie.  I said it.

I liked the 1st movie too. I never was a big TF fan...but the 1st Bay movie wasn't THAT bad. The rest? ehhh...they did a great job of...making them the ideal brainless summer movie I guess. 80's movie was a classic but...I'm not huge on it. TMNT was my 80's choice of series. 

Having said that Bumblebee looks promising as they're going back to keeping it simple and hopefully build up to a better story. 

I doubt anyone else here kept up with Originals and Vampire Diaries lore, but there's 1 problem with what happened at the very end of the series finale....

Spoiler

The only Mikaelson with a severed sire line was Niklaus.... so for Elijah to die, that kills a large portion of the world's vampires.

eh, they probably didn't really care that much at this point since it was the end of the show, and Vampire has already ended as well...and there's probably not going to be that many classic characters showing up on Legacies aside from Caroline and Alaric. (*and apparently Elena's bro Jeremy from what I hear)

*oh and my baby Rebecca STILL wanting a cure for vampirism?  Such foolishness...so you could go on with an immortal lifespan, as a nearly unstoppable badass with all these cool powers.....or.... you can be human.  What kind of dope would choose to become human again?  Get the hell out of here with that😄

Edited by MillionX

sheeeit, The YouTube Report: 

....so I guess they're just letting that "Think Tank" youtube channel (*owned by The Young Turks channel) die then... there hasn't been an update in about a month or so, shortly after Hannah was fired.  That's quite a shame; I loved going there *because* it was always some hilariously insane "loony lefty" craziness that I was guaranteed to laugh at.  I was thinking they'd make that lovely chocoloate-drop Brooke the new host but apparently not... Brooke can be seen on Pop Trigger though.

I still check out Angryman's channel on occasion, though his constant defense of "Pookie and Ray-Ray" quasi-thug stereotypes gets a bit irritating...like it's supposedly a good thing that women more often are making babies with those guys?  Yeah that sure is good for the tribe, eh?  

Collider moved their movie-talk show to 6pm Central time, which works perfectly for me; I can actually see it live on a regular basis now.... sad thing is that this channel has become a sausage party at this point...I think the ONLY girl left over there is Perri Nemiroff.  I saw Ashley Mova on some other channel somewhere, but I forgot what it is...she also rarely updates her instagram anymore, sadly.

oh and it would be just my damn luck that when I finally remember to subscribe to Alex Jones....NOW they ban the guy.... the bastards...

Edited by MillionX

Luckily practically everything I own is above the waterline.  Just a couple backpacks and their contents got wet.  All the rugs were ruined though.  It's gonna be a real struggle cleaning them up.

Flash flooding in Brooklyn yesterday.  Storm drains couldn't handle it and water rose up from the storm drain outside my front door / the drain in my shower stall.  Came back home and spent hours pouring the water out / mopping everything with bleach with the sister.  I'm exhausted.  Thank god I don't have any furniture that sits directly on the floor.

I like a clean home .  Couldn't even sleep until I got everything disinfected and dry.

3 hours ago, misterBee said:

Luckily practically everything I own is above the waterline.  Just a couple backpacks and their contents got wet.  All the rugs were ruined though.  It's gonna be a real struggle cleaning them up.

Flash flooding in Brooklyn yesterday.  Storm drains couldn't handle it and water rose up from the storm drain outside my front door / the drain in my shower stall.  Came back home and spent hours pouring the water out / mopping everything with bleach with the sister.  I'm exhausted.  Thank god I don't have any furniture that sits directly on the floor.

I like a clean home .  Couldn't even sleep until I got everything disinfected and dry.

Damn.  Flash flood?  I guess I shouldn't complain about the rain I've been getting.  a few street washers, but nothing near that serious.  I'm glad it wasn't anything more serious than a few bookbags.  Yep, when it comes to flooding, the carpet is slutty chick in a slasher film status.  You already know it's gone the moment you learn what the situation is.   I hope there are no more of those scheduled to happen though.  Stay safe mang.