Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

hell yeah, "iddq" is streaming Overwatch right now...  this dude's skills are sooooo ridiculous...it's like he's from some other world.  It's on just about any shooter, actually.  Reaction-time, strategies on the fly, adaptability...it's like he's not even human.  From what I've heard he was originally a pro Quake player.  Even when he's just in a silly mood the results are still godlike.

so much stuff to watch.... there's this, but then The Leg Showcase aka Wimbledon is on, but also Days of Our Lives featuring my baby Camila Banus ("Gabriella"), then tons of shit on youtube...

heh, random memories of Modnation Racers... I'd love it if they remade that; I just remembered making a race care I called "Skid-Mach"; of course it looked like a car made out of shit.

Edited by MillionX

Tales from a Scrub:

Dangerous J:Happy 4th of July. Are you originally from Fl?

Black girl: Yes. How old are you?

DJ: 35.

BGirl: You are lying about your age. Good day.

DJ: Im not. However If I were, its nothing compared to how much women on here lie about :

having kids

STD's

having a husband/bf while looking on here

having a criminal record

Being a tranny

being a Prostitute

Beinga tranny prostitute  etc.

Good Day.

blocks girl.

BRUH... Collider has a vid on the Power Rangers 25th Anniversary panel where the Ranger God Tommy graced us with His presence.. 😮

...once again just to quickly reiterate the gospel... Tommy in "Dino Thunder" era once took on and defeated a giant monster by Himself.... no help from the rest of the team, no summoned Zord....it was just Tommy kicking a giant monster's ass, showing that bastard who's boss.

edit--- oh and of course what fan could forget the original era---this is a guy that was easily stomping the rest of the ranger team when He was evil, even showing up inside the damn Megazord and kicking them out of that muthafucka.  This dude was on another level, man.

Edited by MillionX

The Leg Showcase, aka Wimbledon continues; 3rd round play is on today... currently Simona Halep is in a match against...some Asian girl I've not seen before.  Simona is a bit of an odd case... I don't like the rest of her, but those LEGS though.. 😮

I think my main honey Dominika is still in there.... sadly the adorable Genie Bouchard lost (*of course; she never makes it that far in the big tourneys)  Sharapova is also playing this time....

*damn, Dominika is playing live right now, yet for some reason they aren't showing it!?!?  ESPN you son of a bitch...wasting our time with Halep when they could be showing Domi!?!  C'mon now, they need to stop playing around with this.  Tennis eye-candy is serious business. (*ohhh I see; it looks like Halep happens to be the #1 in the world right now.)

Center court, Angelique Kerber (*surprisingly she's only #11 in the world at the moment) is about to play in a few minutes... I know they are most likely going to show that one 

edit---damnnnn so many girls of note are gone already--Sharapova, my chocolate honey Sloane Stephens, Muguruza and Caroline Wozniacki ...and now Simona Halep have all been eliminated!  Well, my honey Domi won her match though so at least she is still in it.

*dammit, Kerber is playing and ON Center Court...why the hell are these chumps NOT showing it!?

Edited by MillionX

y'know some annoying shit I often hear from other guys... this notion of "haha, I never had to pay for it.." referring to pussy...  bruh please.  Ok maybe if you're a goddamn rapist you didn't have to pay 1 cent for that shit, I guess?  (*there is 1 other scenario though---like if a nice cougar takes interest in you; they tend to be the ones chasing down the young meat)  That's one way of getting it for free.  Even if it was some cheap dates, like you took her ass to Wendy's... more than likely it was YOU who paid for her combo meal, on an ongoing process to "woo" her....so yeah you absolutely paid for that shit, dude.  You can pretend all fucking day long that you "got it like that" but how often does a woman foot the bill for everything?  Sure it happens but that's like a once in a blue moon sort of thing...they don't pay a dime because they never had to....just like they don't *do* much of any initiating because they never had to...that societal expectation was never there in the first place. 

You took her some place nice, or occasionally bought her something nice....yep, you paid for it.  Some might bring up the context of a significant other they have right now that will give it up for free tonight...you paid something on the front end to get to that point.  Pretty much everything in life has a price-tag on it, whether you want to admit it or not.  

*Tennis update--- they finally showed my baby Angelique Kerber playing....the legs were looking immaculate, of course....wooo yes yes.

Edited by MillionX

hell yeah, this "Nineties" show on CNN is bringing back all the memories... they've mentioned Dream On from HBO, Def Comedy Jam, the late night talk show wars of Leno vs. Letterman (who would be chosen as Carson's successor), Beavis & Butthead, etc. etc. etc.

They just mentioned the tragedy of Freaks & Geeks only being around for about 18 episodes 😞 

Tomorrow night they'll do "The 2000s"... I suppose it is finally time for people to have nostalgic feelings about 2000 -2010.... let's see from the 2000s, off the top of my head:

• 24 on Fox; surprising since if I recall it was shortly after the 9/11 attacks.
  • Survivor was a hit for CBS
  • Power Rangers Time Force; I think that was 2001 or so... Wild Force was then in '02, then Ninja Storm after that.  "raaaacing toooo anotherrrr time, CHRONOMORPHERS areeeee online!  Timeless wonders fire and thunder allll to save the worldddd GO GO TIME FORCE!"
  • In gaming we had Dreamcast still out there; it was released 9.09.99.  PS2 later in 2001.  MvC2 was that NEW hotness at the time, man.
  • Real World and Road Rules was really going strong, at least for me; I was watching every season...along with those "Challenge" seasons where they'd get together and compete.
  • WWF had to become WWE; and it was much better back then, imo... Stone Cold and Rock was still regulars in there, and they had a solid lineup of "Divas" to watch... ohhhh and I was buying those Divas DVDs every damn time.
  • MTV's "Undressed" was on and one of the hottest things on television, imo...if you're like me and actually like softcore TnA stuff.  I was recording every episode....that's another thing; I was still using a VCR regularly back then.
  • S Club 7 featuring my baby Tina Barrett 😳 
  • That goddamn BET UNCUT!!! Woo lawd yes all that ASS you'd see on there....lawd have mercy 😳 

@MillionX

BET Uncut? Now I remember the 50 Cent "Disco Inferno" video, Ludacris "Pussy Poppin", and Slim Thug "Still Tippin".

Blowing on that endo, Gamecube Nintendo, 5% tint so you can't up in my window 

I didn't realize what was going on in the Escalade until I saw the Uncut version.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
13 hours ago, MillionX said:

y'know some annoying shit I often hear from other guys... this notion of "haha, I never had to pay for it.." referring to pussy...  bruh please.  Ok maybe if you're a goddamn rapist you didn't have to pay 1 cent for that shit, I guess?  (*there is 1 other scenario though---like if a nice cougar takes interest in you; they tend to be the ones chasing down the young meat)  That's one way of getting it for free.  Even if it was some cheap dates, like you took her ass to Wendy's... more than likely it was YOU who paid for her combo meal, on an ongoing process to "woo" her....so yeah you absolutely paid for that shit, dude.  You can pretend all fucking day long that you "got it like that" but how often does a woman foot the bill for everything?  Sure it happens but that's like a once in a blue moon sort of thing...they don't pay a dime because they never had to....just like they don't *do* much of any initiating because they never had to...that societal expectation was never there in the first place. 

You took her some place nice, or occasionally bought her something nice....yep, you paid for it.  Some might bring up the context of a significant other they have right now that will give it up for free tonight...you paid something on the front end to get to that point.  Pretty much everything in life has a price-tag on it, whether you want to admit it or not.  

Ah.  The ignorance of Youth.  "Free Pussy".  

KuTyuw9.gif

Almost an oxymoron, but not quite.  They're acting like they stumbled across some chick with a "Free fucks given" sign on her ass, or somebody sent that shit.  No, you paid.  It was a dinner here, a movie or two there, but you paid.  And those examples are just the nice ones.  Ask any guy in jail for not paying child support if it's free.  Hell no.  It cost him his freedom and the kid is out one dad.  As a former Sailor I've seen what we call," the clap line" on the ship stretch almost 100 feet.  Basically, you go out and have a one nighter with some chick (or guy) at the bar, the next day, your shit is itching and burning.  Get in line and hope it'll be alright.  

The only ones who didn't,"Pay" for it are the men who get raped, and they aren't getting off free, especially the ones who get cornered by bubba in jail.  Believe me.  Nobody gets it for free.  NOBODY.

Ok I'm finally watching Luke Cage again... season 1 though... holy shit the girl that plays the counselor in episode 4 of season 1!!!!  Goddamn that's a gorgeous one... looking her up now... hmmm this is a tough one; apparently there's a million people involved with this damn show..?  I will find out eventually.  She looks like a slightly browner version of Lisa Bonet...perhaps a little Rae Dawn Chong in the mix too..with...glassesssss... absolutely gorgeous. 😮

yeahhhh and looks like Luke is about to pounce that fine little ass....

ah there she is...that took a while going through the whole list of cast on imdb

Parisa Fitz Henley

https://www.instagram.com/parisafitzhenley/?hl=en 

Edited by MillionX

I'm going to become as powerful as Thanos but I am going to be a good guy. Ha ha ha ha! Actually, I will be more like Dr. Manhattan who is the guy in my profile pic. I've been working on raising my power level with meditation, martial arts, eating healthy, lifting weights, listening to subliminals that program you to become Supreme. I also drink water energized with the energies of the words love, unity, peace, balance, unlimited, omnipotent, beauty, harmony, and invincible. The water also has the sacred energies of the numbers 3, 6, and 9 and the energies of the triangle and spiral. The numbers 3, 6, and 9, the triangle, and the spiral represent God.

My mind, body, and spirit are actually showing signs of change. I look stronger and younger. My mind is sharper and more clear. My heart/spirit is also more loving. I have better self control. My voice is even changing. It sounds more Godlike.

The reality around me is also reflecting who I am since the outer world is only a reflection of your inner world. Animals are highly attracted to me especially birds due to my high vibration.

Evidence that intent, thoughts, emotions, words, sounds, and images affect your reality. Negative intent weakens you. Positive intent strengthens you : 

Edited by Lord Vega

surprisingly, this one sneaked past me; I've never heard of this vampire show until just now on a random search:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindred:_The_Embraced 

sadly it only lasted 8 episodes though.

*on the issue of Vampire Diaries--- I recently got almost all of them now on dvd or blu-ray.... the only one I don't have is season 7 now.  I should go on and get everything else I want, since it appears that the days of physical media are coming to an end.  Unlike the average person of today (surprisingly), I happen to like actually owning physical copies of games, tv shows and movies I truly care about.  It's stupid that everyone's apparently on board with this upcoming scenario where everything is streaming (*good luck watching your favorite thing when Netflix or whatever other service suddenly doesn't have the rights to host it anymore) and/or "online only!".... fuck that.

Edited by MillionX

I'm a physical media guy too.

I rarely buy games digital unless it was something like sf2 hd  remix where that's the only choice.

Justice League was on Netflix for a long ass time and of course right when the movie comes out they remove it from streaming. 

That fueled my decision to buy the Blu-ray.

Switching discs is a mild annoyance compared to seeing a show be pulled due to some outside factor.

I mostly go digital for games but I feel more comfortable about that for now because you actually download it and have access to it whenever you want. I definitely see the value in having the physical copy (and I do it sometimes when its a cool special edition or whatever).

As time has gone on I've come to dislike streaming shows and movies that I really like. I think its a fine way to discover shows and movies that I probably wouldn't have otherwise - just like the good 'ol days of turning on HBO and watching whatever the hell was on - but if its something I really like and want to revisit I buy the physical copy.

As MillionX and DangerousJ said it really sucks when something you like rotates out. I also personally like knowing that when I sit down to revisit something I really enjoy I don't need to worry about hiccups in the connection, the service being down, whatever. I can just toss the disc in and let it ride.

Since we're on the physical vs digital thing again:

I have long since given up on collections of physical movies or music.  I prefer to keep digital versions LOCALLY on my system.  That way I have the highest quality and can still watch them whenever I want.

When it comes to games, I go physical or digital depending on the situation.  In all honesty though most physical purchases are a waste of time these days.  Often to get the true experience you need to patch/update immediately, and except for expensive collector's editions most physical releases are simply a disc in a box with no manual.

I've got a big collection of PS1 and Saturn games that I love to death, but those days and that style of game collecting are more or less dead.  It'll be interesting to see what happens once more and more people have internet capable of gong completely digital.

I try to buy physical copies of games as much as I can. Sometimes I will double dip for the sake of keeping something physical. I own for example RE4 on GCN but I will admit I bought it again on Xbox 360 digitally. On the flip side I bought digitally Shantae for Switch but just about one year later the game drops a physical copy so I did go out of my way to buy it and replay the game. I loved it that much. 

Too bad Ikaruga was digital only but no big deal there. Going to get Sonic Mania now. So glad I waited for a physical copy. 

Going back to RE4 on 360...digital games have created another issue. My copy of RE4 is DLed for 360 only. The game was brought to Xbox One but you have to buy it again for THAT console. Instead of allowing me to simply use tha game I bought and maybe allow a patch to make it playable, nope! Pay 20 again for digital! That's like if you get a DL song then have to rebuy it again to play it on your newer phone/MP3 player. Fuck that. 

I'm going back to wanting separate devices for specific things made for their formats. Looking at an E reader for books and I still want to collect a mini disc player for nostalgic feels. It's why I like Nintendo keeping their consoles as pure gaming devices as much as possible. 

yeah I'm also glad I procrastinated on Sonic Mania... I'm also looking to get the physical version on Switch.  Whenever there is the option to get a physical version of a game, I go for that....even though on X1 (and apparently PS4 I hear?) you still have to install the shit which is another stupid thing, imo.  Switch still does that like the previous generation where you just play right off the game card itself...no need to install.

*edit---I also waited and fortunately Azure Striker Gunvolt got a physical version on Switch... I bought that immediately when seeing it in a store one day.

that vampire show I mentioned earlier-- Kindred: The Embraced...this was based on the rpg Vampire the Masquerade.... I've already found a spot for all 8 episodes...of course since it's an obscure, forgotten show no one gave a shit about, I doubt it will ever be taken down.  I'll be able to watch all of that... the first episode was quite boring though, unfortunately.....kinda surprising since it was supposedly produced by the great Aaron Spelling...a guy that knows how things should be done when it comes to prime-time tv. 

Another vamp show that got canned more recently--- Dracula on NBC... I really miss that one; it was actually quite good, imo.  Reference--- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula_(TV_series)

There was also a daytime soap -- Port Charles...a spinoff of General Hospital, but it also had some supernatural stuff going on in there. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Charles

Edited by MillionX

@MillionX  Optical discs speeds haven't really improved in the last few years. So games have to be installed because hard drives have a much faster data transfer rate. The Switch is using cartridges more or less, so it doesn't have that issue. Depending on your SD card, the cartridge can actually have faster load times than digital.

Well, as usually I will have to watch Originals later... Dad called earlier so I had to call him back... in anticipation of the usual long monologue, I called at about 6 something, figuring he might be wrapping up his speech by 8-ish and I'll just miss a few minutes of the show...nah, he spoke for 2 hours and 42 minutes this time.....I still turned on the tv when the show came on but could only halfway listen for most of the episode. 

...anyway, that girl playing Niklaus' daughter Hope is one seriously FINE quality white meat....goddamn that girl is somethin' nice.....ah, I found the instagram...ohhhh and oh yes she's 18, folks...feel free to have all the nasty freaky thoughts you want:

https://www.instagram.com/itsdaniellerussell/?hl=en

Tabs will be kept on this one for sure.  CW casting directors strike gold once again....they know what's up.

@DangerousJ

Please find it in your heart to watch this show:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/36884/Hisone_to_Maso-tan

It's about girls in the air force who pilot dragons but have to keep it secret by MAKING THEIR DRAGONS TRANSFORM INTO FIGHTER JETS LIKE STARSCREAM.  Yes the concept is stupid and ridiculous. It's also animated very well and surprisingly good.

Anyone interested please PM me for links.

5 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Going back to RE4 on 360...digital games have created another issue. My copy of RE4 is DLed for 360 only. The game was brought to Xbox One but you have to buy it again for THAT console. Instead of allowing me to simply use tha game I bought and maybe allow a patch to make it playable, nope! Pay 20 again for digital! That's like if you get a DL song then have to rebuy it again to play it on your newer phone/MP3 player. Fuck that. 

If you owned the game digitally on 360  you don't have to buy it again, as all digital purchases are tied to your main MS account, regardless if you are using 360 or XBO.  XBO emulates an entire 360 system, so the game has no idea it's not being played on a normal 360.  If you own it on your account it should work no matter what.

You can also play your physical 360 games on XBO.  You don't need to buy a new copy.  I have done this before too!

Are you sure you're using the same exact Xbox Live account on your XBO and 360?

@Infernoman

To see if games you own are backward compatible, sign in at My games, then select Xbox 360. If a game shows as being Backwards Compatible, you can play it on Xbox One.

The only reason I can see for your previous digital version of RE4 not working immediately on XBO is if it is some special or alternate version that is different from the normal backwards compatible one.  See the link above and find out.

5 hours ago, misterBee said:

@Infernoman

To see if games you own are backward compatible, sign in at My games, then select Xbox 360. If a game shows as being Backwards Compatible, you can play it on Xbox One.

The only reason I can see for your previous digital version of RE4 not working immediately on XBO is if it is some special or alternate version that is different from the normal backwards compatible one.  See the link above and find out.

titles doesn't have a backwards compatible label on it. *shrug*

On 7/11/2018 at 8:21 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

@MillionX  Optical discs speeds haven't really improved in the last few years. So games have to be installed because hard drives have a much faster data transfer rate. The Switch is using cartridges more or less, so it doesn't have that issue. Depending on your SD card, the cartridge can actually have faster load times than digital.

Switch uses what are basically sd cards. Running a game off a card can be faster than the shit tier hdds that consoles come with,  but they are no match for a proper ssd. It's not the same as the old cartridges used in the 90s, which is actually a different technology.

There are 3ds games with horrible load times,  even when running off a game card or internal sd card.  So even if we call 3ds/switch games 'cartridges',  they're really sd cards. 

cheh, Jiren from DB Super was/is such a goddamn monster....*spoiler warning of course...though it's odd if a Dragonball fan somehow has NOT seen Super at this point, imo*****

I was just thinking about it out of the blue... it took allll that from Goku with help  to defeat this guy......and even that was only because Jiren was worn out at that point....he was exhausted.... yet still handling them, and they just barely won.  Sheeeeit, I love how insanely overpowered that dude was.

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

cheh, Jiren from DB Super was/is such a goddamn monster....*spoiler warning of course...though it's odd if a Dragonball fan somehow has NOT seen Super at this point, imo*****

I was just thinking about it out of the blue... it took allll that from Goku with help  to defeat this guy......and even that was only because Jiren was worn out at that point....he was exhausted.... yet still handling them, and they just barely won.  Sheeeeit, I love how insanely overpowered that dude was.

Naw dude.  Just use Trunks' ass-pull super sword powered by the spirits of approximately 5 people.  Instant win.