Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

Snort B's latest on the recent Phil vid that featured an appearance by Kat (*this genuinely surprised me, since I was one of those that figured she had escaped a long time ago, and he was just pretending that she was still there in his life)

Now....by his own words, they apparently spend very little time together....not exactly the best thing for a supposedly romantic relationship, I would think.  So it's only a matter of time until she actually does leave....or she just continues staying there while having some guy on the side that's secretly giving her the Bone elsewhere while Phil stays at the house 24/7. 

....yeah, more than likely he's being used for the house.  Imagine how much any working person could save up by not having to pay rent for even 1 year...?  

Edited by MillionX

Mark Bagley quickdraw Spidey/Venom

He was not the first Spidey artist I saw but basically he was my favorite artist growing up.

He drew Amazing Spider-man from 1991-1996  (no. 351-415.)

Even through the horrid clone saga, his art kept me going.

He co created Carnage and imo draws the second best Venom.

McFarlanes is great and straightforward.. Erik Larsen gave us the the big tongue, drool, elongated jaw, and the "wilder" eyes.

I think Bagley is a good medium between both interpretations.

What are your top 5 desserts?

1) Cheesecake (any type)

2) Brownies- Betty Crocker Supreme Walnuts

3) Pecan Pie

4) Reese's PB Cups/Snickers candy bar

5) Cold Stone Creamery "German Chocolate Cake" ICe Cream Creation or any Ben + Jerry's Chocolate ice cream with lots of stuff in it   

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

What are your top 5 desserts?

1) Cheesecake (any type)

2) Brownies- Betty Crocker Supreme Walnuts

3) Pecan Pie

4) Reese's PB Cups/Snickers candy bar

5) Cold Stone Creamery "German Chocolate Cake" ICe Cream Creation or any Ben + Jerry's Chocolate ice cream with lots of stuff in it   

Out of your list, Pecan pie reigns supreme for me... I could eat that all damn day if I had no self control.  I don't recall ever having a "bad" pecan pie...even a half-ass one is amazing to me....just speaking of the greatness, now I'm craving it.  

I don't normally have a dessert after a meal... but if I do, here's the top tier stuff:

Pecan pie as mentioned already.

Banana pudding-- the way this place Monell's makes it is out of this world.

Peach cobbler

edit--ohhhh and GOD TIER SHIT--> BAKLAVA.  Whoever invented this deserved a Nobel Prize for such an outstanding contribution to to world.  

Then... if we're talking ice cream then there's the butter pecan.  Holy shit that is ridiculously good every time.  There was also one Kroger sold called "peanut butter passion" that was amazing, but I think they stopped selling it, sadly...and then I experienced the perfection that is butter pecan... it became tough to go back to anything else... all other ice cream is inferior, imo.

Edited by MillionX
59 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Start my work shift. Get told by my manager the other working leads (think assistant manager) called out. I'm running things in my area solo. Not hard to do just a lot of running around in the sun. 

Stay hydrated homie

I forgot are you in Cali or FL?

Here in Tampa,FL  it's been 93 and humid all day, and then BAM super Thunderstorm for 1 hour

You can see the lightning bolt  very well bc we get so many strikes here.

We aren't called the Lightning capital of North America for nothing lol

Ok, I had to do it.... Phil is live with the finale of Vampyr right now.... surprisingly Tevin isn't doing his own stream of this, so here I sit actually watching this shit "for real".... I'm curious to just how much of a train-wreck this will be.  I fully realize this will be terrible, but much like an especially bad accident on the side of the road... I can't just go by *without* looking at it.

y'know, one sad aspect of it all for him.... is that at this point, I seriously doubt he genuinely enjoys playing games.... because for many years now it's been a "job" for him instead of real fun.  He's often just rushing through trying to "get this over with" instead of actually having a good time with a game....and he usually looks like he would rather be anywhere else than on that couch playing a game....and lately he's actually been falling asleep on some games.

Ah, Memology 101 is streaming it now, actually..

*yeah I doubt he will be able to easily beat this.... he's level 25....has a decent amount of health and stamina though...

Edited by MillionX

1 hour ago, misterBee said:

You should really stop keeping up with him.  If what you say is true you should probably just not feed the problem.  Poor guy seems like a mess.

DSP has always been very nearly as big a mess as the console version of ST that he very nearly placed in that one time when Evo lost its goddamned mind and used an absolutely shite PS1 hatchet job, causing the better part of the U.S. player base to not enter, only to get shut out by Japanese players who had probably never even played that busted iteration, simply adapting on the fly to wonky hitboxes to eliminate him.

And then afterwards, DSP analyzed those bouts, and reverse engineered the Nippon brain tech, and mastered the art of de-adapting, then proceeded to make a streaming career out making a lifestyle out of it.

Edited by JHDK

Meh.  Are any of you having trouble with YouTube?  The problem I'm having is this.  I'll click on a video on the right of the screen and sometimes, the thing will just go around to the first frame of the video I was currently watching and freeze.  I tap of the F5 handles it, but damn.  Looks like everybody be messin up now.

THE PREDATOR trailer is out, folks...

ehhhh and I think this is another case of a trailer showing a bit too much.  It's not as bad as that infamous Terminator Genisys one though; still makes me laugh that they had a huge revelation about a character right in the damn trailer for that.  The "Super Predator" should probably have been a surprise. (*haha isn't that right, Hilary Clinton?)

Edited by MillionX

I'm mildly interested in it.I agree with you Million that they're showing too much.

I looked up wiki and it says Olivia Munn's character is a science teacher. lol

For some reason, Id buy her as a soldier more than that.

Its interesting that the co-writer/director was the guy who played Hawkins in the original one 

shane-black-predator.jpg

Meanwhile, check out ridiculous California is on this particular issue:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/families-earning-117000-now-qualify-as-low-income-in-californias-bay-area/?ftag=CNM-00-10aac3a
🤣117k = "low income" Oh Cali...it's like you guys were specifically put here for our amusement.  Anyway, that is exactly the reason you AVOID living in a stupid area like that.  I'd rather be in a place where that kind of money means a NICE standard of living.

edit-- *holy shit and that little trash-box they showed had a million-dollar asking price?!?!  And...several offers were made above that?!?! BRUH 😄  Eh, these well-off buyers are probably some fools trying to flip it though...thinking "Ok I get it for 1.2 mil then put it on the market for maybe 2.5 later......"

Edited by MillionX

whoah, they actually made Cheetah into a more interesting character over the years.... I never gave a shit about the character other than it being designed for TnA appeal but I was looking her up since that will be the villain in the new Wonder Woman movie...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheetah_(comics) 

basically like a mystical werecheetah goddess, it seems.

"In The New 52 continuity, Barbara Ann Minerva is shown to pierce Superman's invulnerable skin with her fangs just as easily as if he were human. Additionally, her bite transfers some of her powers into her victim, turning them into bestial feline hybrids under her control."

^niiiiiiice 👍

Sidenote---yeahhhhh I'd ravage Kristen Wiig all damn day.

Edited by MillionX
On 6/17/2018 at 3:16 AM, DangerousJ said:

Yeah. While I generally like blondes better than brunettes, she's one of the few Hollywood girls who looks better with dark hair imo.Kat Dennings too. 

Its'the very pale skin that both have.

Enjoy. Many of us rank it as the best of the three Thor movies.

Kat Dennings is "would not pull out" status. I prefer brunettes over blondes, especially the raven-haired variety.

My order is:

1. dark-haired brunettes (+10 if they have light colored eyes)

2. redheads

3. brunettes

4. blondes

I like 'em all, but something about the contrast is appealing.

Oh and speaking of Cate Blanchet, pre-Thor I  found her facial features not really alluring, but ever since her portrayal as Hela my opinion has changed. I thought it was her look in Thor that made her more attractive, but even in this movie trailer she doesn't look bad at all:

Oh and yeah, I think I'm going to have to choose SRK2 as my primary lounge. This format is a lot more pleasing to the eyes and more user friendly.

Edited by *.:White ShadoW:.*

cheh, the lack of reaction buttons is still quite the irritant to me...... not sure how people are continuing to visit "that other place" as their primary forum at this point.  I know it's just one detail, but seriously... 1 reaction only... ?  (+ it's on top of other things that went horribly wrong with their new format, like the lack of pages in threads......now I'm wondering about what kind of moron asshole even invents a forum layout like that in the first place?  That shit is beyond terrible... like something from back in the '90s.... that is "Geocities and Angelfire in 1997" level shit, man.)

Time for Grumpy Old Man mode.... trends I never got the appeal of.....or specific games, really:

PUB goddamn G. <--this might be the new champion, #1 spot on the "I just don't get it" list, man.  This looked like a such a pile of steaming shit from the first time I saw it....I never got why this bullshit was ever, ever popular for any length of time.  *Maybe* it's because some entertaining streaming/Twitch personalities played it for a while?  The game itself has literally nothing going on that appeals to me....seriously, not 1 goddamn thing.  I'd actually rather play a boring ass golf game than this..  

Minecraft---the era of this is finally coming to a close, it seems.  At least this sort of makes sense, because it involves creation, and I suppose younger gamers don't care that it has some of the ugliest graphics of all time.  I could never get past those eye-sore visuals... it's like one of those "FX-chip" SNES games from way back.

Edited by MillionX

mmmmm yes yes... I'd like it if suddenly there was a boost to the redhead population...the females, at least..... Emily Beecham, Jessica Chastain, Holland Roden.....yes yessss I can't get enough of those magical creatures... you don't want to know just how far I'd go 😳

EDIT---oh and another fine one can be seen in the current "Car Gurus" commercial...wearing some tight workout clothes too...lovely red ponytail pulled back.....goddamn 😳

Edited by MillionX

Apparently Jared Leto is on track to be Morbius the Living Vampire... I think it was Collider Movie Talk I heard that on a few days ago.... any new non-Twilight vampire stuff is quite alright with me, so that's awesome news, imo...... most likely he'll be a better fit for that than he was for that bootleg Joker in Suicide Squad.  

Back in the old Spiderman cartoon ['93 on Fox].... that character was kinda lame though.  I didn't like it because it was such a terribly toned down version of what a vampire should be, imo.... I vaguely recall that his design looked a bit silly too.... I have faith that a modern movie version would be cool though.  This could be a roundabout way of bringing back the main man BLADE too!

ok, I went to that Ollies' store.... Blitzwing is now MINE!! Hell yeah, man.  It was the last one they had on the shelf....only 13 bucks and change.  I kinda wish they had 2 though... one would be kept in the box like a display/collector sort of thing.  I also have the older version of Blitzwing from way back in the day; I got it from a Comics/Collectibles type of place called "Great Escape" some years ago.  

I might go back for those other Transformers they had though... they had Overlord and...another one I forgot.

sheeeeit, I feel like playing Transformers Devastation again now... Blitz shows up in that game as a boss... the tragic, frustrating thing about that game is that you can ONLY play as Autobots.  I'd love it if a part 2 was made with a much bigger roster of playable characters, along with a Decepticon side of the story you can play.  A game where I could actually be Blitzwing would be a dream come true....

the delicious Felicia Day is streaming now...some charity thing... bonus cute/hotness points--- Jess Chobot and Ashley Burch are on with her right now

of course the mods are having to work extra hard as usual... I typed a simple message of "hotness overload" (referring to all 3 ladies, actually) and that actually got deleted within seconds 🤣

Edited by MillionX

still watching old episodes of Vampire Diaries again... Silas was one hell of a top tier beast, man....season 5, episode 1; you see here that after he had consumed a lot of blood... the guy was capable of mind-controlling large groups of people at once.  At the town square he was on stage and got everyone under his control just by looking at and speaking to the crowd.  He also has the magical healing factor as well....this was on top of his illusion shenanigans we see in season 4, where he can make you see whatever he wants you to see, or appear to you as other people....this is on top of being able to read minds and erase memories.  He doesn't appear to have the super speed though, for some reason.

In that Vampire/Originals world, while this is fresh on my mind...he's clearly at the top of the charts on the power scale.  I'd say right up there with the Hollow from season 4 of Originals....so possibly #2 while Hollow/"Inadu" is the #1.

Edited by MillionX

I just saw Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

I usually do positive vs negatives, but I couldnt find enough positives lol

Very mediocre. Safe and by the numbers. There is a young tech kid that is very annoying. 

The  new characters are bland. Pratt  has little spark or charm due to the writing. Jeff Goldblum is basically an extended cameo. There is a new dino shown which is cool. 

A character does groan inducing something at the end which is so very obviously a setup for a sequel

Even the action/violence feels like a Saturday morning cartoon. JP 1 had sequences with bite despite being a PG-13 film.

Overall: 5/10

Edited by DangerousJ
2 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

I just saw Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

I usually do positive vs negatives, but I couldnt find enough positives lol

Very mediocre. Safe and by the numbers. There is a young tech kid that is very annoying. 

The  new characters are bland. Pratt  has little spark or charm due to the writing. Jeff Goldblum is basically an extended cameo. There is a new dino shown which is cool. 

A character does groan inducing something at the end which is so very obviously a setup for a sequel

Even the action/violence feels like a Saturday morning cartoon. JP 1 had sequences with bite despite being a PG-13 film.

Overall: 5/10

Can't help that Pratt and Robo Chick go together like nerve endings and battery acid.

So, the latest "Almighty Tevin" stream of dsp... it was an older vid of "ask the king" or whatever, and he explained his time at Best Buy... claims that they "illegally framed" him somehow.  I'll have to watch again but basically he got fired for alleged violation of company policy for abusing the employee discount.  While helping to run a tourney, he bought 4 PS2s.  One strange detail he mentioned here was that his discount saved him 40 cents per PS2....WHAT?!  There's no way...surely he's mistaken or giving a lowball exaggeration..?  If an employee discount is THAT damn cheap then it's hardly worth it... 40 cents off an item that cost a few hundred bucks?!?  BRUHhhhh you cannot be serious 😆  Really; I'm not familiar with this since I've never worked in a store like that...I suspect it's another lie or exaggeration perhaps to downplay the idea that he was taking advantage of the discount but is the discount really that shitty?  I'm a cheap bastard but only getting a few cents off a 300-dollar purchase is kind of silly.

They tried to fight him getting unemployment as well, but apparently his claim remained approved.  

This guy provides so much unintentional entertainment; I hope he's always around online in some capacity.  🤣

edit---yeah that has to be bullshit, man... 1% of 300 bucks (assuming this was when PS2 was relatively new and "current gen") is 3 dollars....so a 0.5% would = 1.50...you're telling me the employee discount there was less than 0.5%?? 🤣

Edited by MillionX