Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

RGT 85 said the conversion was pretty solid for Switch.  Runs at 60fps during combat with some small hiccups and load times.

I watched SwitchUp's review. Basically the game runs at 60fps for the most part. When you call out a Kameo it cut's to 30fp and then goes back up to 60fps when you regain control of your character. It's a smart way to handle things. It's similar to how the game already handled Fatal Blows. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2023 at 10:40 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

MK1 looks better than MK11 IMO. I own MK11 on Switch. It plays well enough but the hair rendering is really really bad. It's a shimmer fest.

Considering the hardware, MK11 on switch looks and runs pretty well. I'll pick up MK1 on PS5 this time around, but I had a good time with 11 on the switch and was pretty impressed with it despite the concessions they had to make to get it to run. The biggest problem I had with it was all the wifi fuckers in KL. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, delete_me said:

Cheap bastards should have put it all on the cartridge though. Still don't really see the point of a retail release that only accommodates half of the game.

I hate how they get away with it. Instead of just paying for a slightly bigger cart, they just pay for one big enough for a portion of the data, make the costumer download the rest and make that mostly empty card you bought just a key to play it. 

It is such a terrible practice but most companies are doing it even with discs based games. 

It's strange that Nintendo hasn't added much to the selection of profile icons over the years of Switch's existence....this is only what, the 3rd or 4th addition (and it's apparently temporary?!)?  ...and it's such a terribly small selection considering how many great character/designs they own.  Even if they *only* went with Super Mario-related characters and scenes, there's so much more in there that isn't getting used, sadly.  

I realize that I am one of the few that actually cares about the small "personalize" details like this.

The Switch feels like they took a massive step back in personalization in every aspect of the system besides buying different color joy cons and special edition hardware.

They reduced Mii usage/implementation to basically nonexistence unless you buy certain games, themes which were pretty well done on the 3DS are gone, the profile picks are basically limited to what they give for free or a way to waste the platinum points they give out in abundance but limits the actual goods they let you use it on. And don't get me started on the UI issues when it comes to sorting games taking years after to launch to be partially done.

While the Switch is probably my favorite Nintendo system and one of the ones I have the most games for, shit could be improved in a lot of ways.

On 11/14/2023 at 10:42 PM, Wellman said:

I hate how they get away with it. Instead of just paying for a slightly bigger cart, they just pay for one big enough for a portion of the data, make the costumer download the rest and make that mostly empty card you bought just a key to play it. 

It is such a terrible practice but most companies are doing it even with discs based games. 

If they did that, they'd probably have to raise the price of the physical versions of the games, and at this point, I think most people are just buying digital anyway so it wouldn't really make a whole lot of sense. 

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

If they did that, they'd probably have to raise the price of the physical versions of the games, and at this point, I think most people are just buying digital anyway so it wouldn't really make a whole lot of sense. 

Maybe with some games but you see them charging $40 for a cart that only has two MSX titles on it feels like they just went the cheapest option to get the most profit. Which is in line with the rest of the collection but still, I feel it is poor taste as a consumer. 

Apparently there’s a game breaking glitch that can happen at random in Super Mario RPG. thankfully I never ran into it. 

There’s a small chance that the paratroopa koopa’s wont appear at lands end when they’re suppose to making it impossible to progress with the story. 

there’s a patch dropping early December. 

4 hours ago, iStu X said:

Apparently there’s a game breaking glitch that can happen at random in Super Mario RPG. thankfully I never ran into it. 

There’s a small chance that the paratroopa koopa’s wont appear at lands end when they’re suppose to making it impossible to progress with the story. 

there’s a patch dropping early December. 

This glitch can apparently be fixed without the patch currently.  If you happen to run into it you have to go back to the Mushroom Kingdom then go back to Land's End and it should fix it.

Edit:

kinda related but also random

Edited by Sonichuman