Stage Select

General Feedback/Support/Requests Thread

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I am. I don't have those breadcrumb links anymore. I only ever browse on mobile so if there's anything you need tested for mobile, let me know, I'd be happy to help. 

23 hours ago, beesuit said:

Say you're in the middle of a page for example, there's no links you can access to navigate to other parts of the site. You either have to scroll back up or all the way to the bottom. I think DrMario is after a freeze pane/cell type thing that you'd use in spreadsheets so that those links are always in view. 

I've added a pseudo breadcrumb to the mobile nav bar.  This should do what you're asking for.  The breadcrumb will take you to the parent/page category for whatever you're viewing.  Hopefully this works for you!

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Something i noticed when browsing via phone with chrome is that you cant really delete quotes.

You have to refresh the page and use the clear textbox prompt that appears when trying to do the reply again.

Also, maybe i am missing something, but is there a way to make multiple quotes?

Multi-quote is the little plus sign next to the normal quote button.

Yes, removing quotes is difficult on mobile -- I will try to find a fix but that's mostly just how the forum is coded.  I don't have too much control over that normally.

3 hours ago, beesuit said:

Is there a way/feature to go to a specific page of a thread?

Click/tap the page number to bring up a menu.

On mobile:

TLiJSaE.png

On desktop:

YIJeWVt.png

2 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Multi-quote is the little plus sign next to the normal quote button.

Yes, removing quotes is difficult on mobile -- I will try to find a fix but that's mostly just how the forum is coded.  I don't have too much control over that normally.

Click/tap the page number to bring up a menu:

TLiJSaE.png

YIJeWVt.png

I see, thanks.

About the clearing the textbox, is there a way to add the clear functionality in the controls over the textbox?

Maybe that could be a solution, if of course the software allows for customization in that area.

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I see, thanks.

About the clearing the textbox, is there a way to add the clear functionality in the controls over the textbox?

Maybe that could be a solution, if of course the software allows for customization in that area.

There is no clear functionality as of now.  If a solution comes up I'll let you know.

2 hours ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

I have a suggestion as well, if it hasn't been implemented already by the existing quote system. 

Could bbCode be enabled somewhere down the line; whether it be a full implementation or a limited one (quoting posts from elsewhere as a example)?

I won't be turning on BBCode because it's super old and will soon be patched out of future versions of the forum software.  I don't think there are any BBCode features that can't be done with the current text editor anyway.

If you want to quote posts from other threads, you can already do that:

uI3htko.png

1. Click the '+' icon next to the quote button.  This is the multi-quote button.

2. A quote will be added to your quote list.  You'll see a notification/button in the lower right showing how many quotes you have in your list.

Your quote list follows you throughout the entire site.  When you're ready to use the quotes you've stored you can go to any thread and hit the button.  Your quotes will appear in the text editor for that page.

I hope this helps!

Is it possible to have an icon of the user profile pic that I would replied in the comment instead of quoting him/her. 

and when that Icon is clicked it would link to the user's comment that I had replied with.  just like in discourse.

or something similar that would not require to quote but would show a connection to the replied comment

Edited by Shakunetsu
56 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Is it possible to have an icon of the user profile pic that I would replied in the comment instead of quoting him/her. 

and when that Icon is clicked it would link to the user's comment that I had replied with.  just like in discourse.

or something similar that would not require to quote but would show a connection to the replied comment

Unfortunately quoting is the only way to 'reply' to a person.  Discourse/reddit style replying is not supported.

Whenever you quote someone you will see this arrow in the upper right corner of the quote box:

G8VMiLN.png

Clicking this arrow will take you to the original comment you are quoting from, just like Discourse does.

Yo @misterBee. One of the more convinient aspects of navigating the site is being able to scroll up and click the big ass logo to go straight back to the home page, where the 5 most recent threads will pop up.

Have you considered letting users click a button to extend the list another 5 threads? And then another 5 with another click, so on and so forth? It'd be a fantastic way to easily keep up with a handful of recent topics. 

Just a thought I had 

1 hour ago, M A R T I A N said:

Yo @misterBee. One of the more convinient aspects of navigating the site is being able to scroll up and click the big ass logo to go straight back to the home page, where the 5 most recent threads will pop up.

Have you considered letting users click a button to extend the list another 5 threads? And then another 5 with another click, so on and so forth? It'd be a fantastic way to easily keep up with a handful of recent topics. 

Just a thought I had 

I can't make it expandable.

Instead I've made it show 10 instead of 5.

If you still need more you should try using the Unread Content button.  You can specify what type of content you want to see/follow and customize an activity stream that you can check every time you visit the site.

11 hours ago, misterBee said:

I can't make it expandable.

Instead I've made it show 10 instead of 5.

If you still need more you should try using the Unread Content button.  You can specify what type of content you want to see/follow and customize an activity stream that you can check every time you visit the site.

Sick, that's more than good enough sir. Thanks for listening. 👍

I have another suggestion: When the actual notification message appears at the bottom of the screen and you click it, it doesn't clear that notification from your unread list so it leaves the little green icon there even though you already viewed what it was. So you gotta scroll up, click it and click the notification again to get rid of it.

It's a small annoyance but, is there anything you can do there? 

Edited by M A R T I A N
30 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Not an urgent request misterBee, but is there a way (or can there be a way) to bookmark posts? I like being able to do that for when someone posts some good tech or something.

Clicking a post's timestamp will link you directly to that post.  You can then bookmark that URL.  You can also get the post's URL by using the Share option in the post menu.

GZNv0K4.png

4 hours ago, M A R T I A N said:

Sick, that's more than good enough sir. Thanks for listening. 👍

I have another suggestion: When the actual notification message appears at the bottom of the screen and you click it, it doesn't clear that notification from your unread list so it leaves the little green icon there even though you already viewed what it was. So you gotta scroll up, click it and click the notification again to get rid of it.

Sorry, I don't think so. =/

On 10/14/2020 at 4:49 PM, M A R T I A N said:

Unfortunately I don't think this is possible to change.  I'll let you know if I find anything.

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Oh. I didn’t know it was a setting that would change it for everyone. How many posts are on a page? Sometimes it seems like there’s not a lot. 

It is currently set to 25 posts per page.  I can increase it but it is a balance between having more posts/increasing load times for people.

What did you have in mind?  I will take it into consideration.

• misterBee changed the title to General Feedback/Support/Requests Thread

Hey, very very small one. Sometimes I have to work through work VPNs that are restrictive, such as blocking Twitter content. When that's the case, the degraded Twitter content font is black, which makes it tough/impossible to read on dark themes. Very small issue, prob only happens to me, but thought I'd say.

Edit: example

spacer.png

Edit 2: I also included posted white text in the capture, which looks really out of place sorry - just part of the cap!

Edited by JustBrowsing
3 hours ago, JustBrowsing said:

Hey, very very small one. Sometimes I have to work through work VPNs that are restrictive, such as blocking Twitter content. When that's the case, the degraded Twitter content font is black, which makes it tough/impossible to read on dark themes. Very small issue, prob only happens to me, but thought I'd say.

Edit: example

spacer.png

Edit 2: I also included posted white text in the capture, which looks really out of place sorry - just part of the cap!

I will look into it but this may be hard to address.  In the meantime you can try using a light theme instead -- this should prevent the text from being unreadable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I'm pretty sure the site doesn't have that sort of function.  Check in your phone browser's settings to see if you have some kind of zoom enabled.

You’re a genius. No more baby font. 

god I’m dumb. Lol

Edited by iStu X

@misterBeeHey, I know you addressed this much earlier in the thread, but I was wondering if you made any progress on the white flashing base theme when the site loads. I have a habit of deleting my internet history and caches, but have totally stopped that since joining this website since selective deletion is too time consuming but I also value this site more than my old habits. 

I guess my questions is if you've made any progress on mitigating that white flash? I just got a whipping for flashing God's presence all over the bedroom in this late hour. Think of the children!

1 hour ago, Dayaan said:

@misterBeeHey, I know you addressed this much earlier in the thread, but I was wondering if you made any progress on the white flashing base theme when the site loads. I have a habit of deleting my internet history and caches, but have totally stopped that since joining this website since selective deletion is too time consuming but I also value this site more than my old habits. 

I guess my questions is if you've made any progress on mitigating that white flash? I just got a whipping for flashing God's presence all over the bedroom in this late hour. Think of the children!

I'll see if there is something I can do to tweak the behavior a little.  Unfortunately the problem will not completely go away unless I change how themes work, and that will probably not happen in the near future.

Is there a reason you are clearing cookies/cache so often?  How often are you doing it?

11 hours ago, misterBee said:

I'll see if there is something I can do to tweak the behavior a little.  Unfortunately the problem will not completely go away unless I change how themes work, and that will probably not happen in the near future.

Is there a reason you are clearing cookies/cache so often?  How often are you doing it?

Maybe I wasn't clear. I *used* to clear them, and now I don't. I used to do it as a result of old habits that were enforced in us during our ICT classes at school. There was no real need for it, but I did it anyway.

If you still want to know, it was daily.

Thanks for letting me know.

1 hour ago, Dayaan said:

Maybe I wasn't clear. I *used* to clear them, and now I don't. I used to do it as a result of old habits that were enforced in us during our ICT classes at school. There was no real need for it, but I did it anyway.

If you still want to know, it was daily.

Thanks for letting me know.

The reason I asked is because the issue is really about cache more than it is about cookies.  You can clear cookies but if you leave cache alone it will help mitigate the problem a lot.

I've tweaked things a bit so at least the background will be dark during that short pre-load period.  I'll tweak things a bit more over time.  Let me know if it helped at all!

32 minutes ago, misterBee said:

The reason I asked is because the issue is really about cache more than it is about cookies.  You can clear cookies but if you leave cache alone it will help mitigate the problem a lot.

I've tweaked things a bit so at least the background will be dark during that short pre-load period.  I'll tweak things a bit more over time.  Let me know if it helped at all!

Ok, this helps a lot. Same result as far as the light body in the middle (keeping cookies, history and caches didn't change that result, as you designed), but the black background helps a lot. Obviously you know I read what you said on Discord, so I understand what the other solution is and how time consuming it can be. I can attach an image of the changed UI on the load, but since it's hard on the forum, I'll tweet it and link it here as well as post the image on Discord if you want to see what you already know for posterity.

4 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

So pretty much since I joined, I've had an issue where if someone posts a tweet and I click the link, the link just disappears and nothing happens. If I right click (or hold on mobile) the link and open it in a new tab it works. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Please let me know what browser/OS you are using.  I will investigate.

33 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Samsung Internet on mobile, Firefox on Mac

Twitter links are designed to open in a new window/tab. The links might break if you have a setting that disables opening new windows/tabs automatically.

I have tested the Twitter links on Firefox and by default they open in new tabs as intended.  Please check your browser settings and let me know if you are able to fix the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

@misterBeeIs there any way for new notifications to only mark the one you clicked as read? If I have 8 notifications and I click on one of them all of my notifications get marked as read. I'm usually good a manually remembering them but sometimes I miss one. It's usually not a big deal but if I'm in discussion with someone, I don't want them to think I ignored their response when I just missed the notification.

46 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@misterBeeIs there any way for new notifications to only mark the one you clicked as read? If I have 8 notifications and I click on one of them all of my notifications get marked as read. I'm usually good a manually remembering them but sometimes I miss one. It's usually not a big deal but if I'm in discussion with someone, I don't want them to think I ignored their response when I just missed the notification.

Sorry, I don't think it is possible to change this behavior.  It's just how the forum was coded.

13 minutes ago, iStu X said:

@misterBeeHow do you change the stage theme (day/night) on mobile? Cause the day is killing my eyes 

2 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Using the SF3 NYC stage on desktop Chrome, the thread titles are now black instead of purple. Is that intentional? Can it be changed back?

The notification bell, inbox icon, and screenname at the top right corner on Desktop Chrome browser are now behind the "scanlines" , making them harder to see. 

Please do a hard refresh and/or clear browser cache.  Your browsers have cached an old version of the site and it's not displaying properly.

@iStu XThe sun/moon icon used to change between light and dark mode should be present on mobile too.  Let me know if it does not appear after refreshing and/or clearing cache.

7 minutes ago, misterBee said:

@iStu XThe sun/moon icon used to change between light and dark mode should be present on mobile too.  Let me know if it does not appear after refreshing and/or clearing cache.

It is now. Thanks Brometheus. The notification bell drop menu still shows up super bright though. 

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

It is now. Thanks Brometheus. The notification bell drop menu still shows up super bright though. 

Notification/Messenger/User drop-down menus have a white background/black text in both light and dark modes.  Unfortunately it's just a limitation of how I built the theme.  If something looks incorrect or weird please post a screenshot and I will try to address it.

1 minute ago, misterBee said:

Notification/Messenger/User drop-down menus have a white background/black text in both light and dark modes.  Unfortunately it's just a limitation of how I built the theme.  If something looks incorrect or weird please post a screenshot and I will try to address it.

It’s just something I’ll have to get use to I guess.