Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

24 minutes ago, Daemos said:

ec209a1d15df91f24ef0fdd4a756a5e9.jpg

I think this type of duality could be welcome. Sophisticated business entrepreneur by day, and showstopping beast of a fighter at night. 

Agreed. For ages, I had an old goofy idea that down the road, if he joined Slammasters he'd have a Doc Jeckyll/ Hyde/ Tarzan trying to be in civilized society gimmick where he'd present himself as a man of society and flip out into a berserker (only for show), but recently, I've been pushing for a Michelle Chang-like angle where Blanka uses his celebrity (with Dan's marketing help) to be a huge proponent of saving the amazon & nature in general. He'd still be the Blanka we know and love, but a bit savvier, clever, and as HD-Man said, have some revamped moves. I definitely think there a way to keep Blanka along for the ride in SF, but advance his story tiers.

19 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

I definitely think there a way to keep Blanka along for the ride in SF, but advance his story tiers.

I don't think the alternative - letting go - is even an option. The Original 12* are sacred, and must be protected at all costs! Where there is a will, there is a way to find new and interesting ways for them to mature with us and the times.

*+Cammy. We are also currently reviewing other applicants such as Sakura, Rose, Juri, and are in the final stages of the approval process. Thank you for your patience.

15 hours ago, Daemos said:

I don't think the alternative - letting go - is even an option. The Original 12* are sacred, and must be protected at all costs! Where there is a will, there is a way to find new and interesting ways for them to mature with us and the times.

*+Cammy. We are also currently reviewing other applicants such as Sakura, Rose, Juri, and are in the final stages of the approval process. Thank you for your patience.

As much i love SF2 and wish it to stay the core pillar of SF future, some can go

Imho

Even as Tyson fan myself Rog can become story NPC, Dudley is definitely far more interesting Boxing Rep... that was one replacement SF3 nailed

Honda can definitely keep have his own heya/sumo stable and get a successor, would love see him train RS Gan who have tons of potential but poor actual sumo knowledge iirc

We already seen him having lot of students (or at least less expert training partners)  in his endings

Adding SSF2ers

T.Hawk can to leave somebody else (maybe Noembelu, most interesting Doll) the native american gimmick

DeeJay can fall in a volcano and let Kickboxing have a good rep

While at it, Fei Long needs to return... we waste slots and slots in so much useless shit that Bruce Lee/JKD rep can use one much better

PS : Agree on Juri, to me she became essential as SF2ers not because waifu shit, she just fill a role that we should have got even back then lol

1 hour ago, Scotia said:

Would not be opposed to suit-Blanka being his default in SF6 and his story being that Blanka-chan took off and Blanka is basically a major businessman now...

...and of course Dan is still poor and comes begging for money.

Damn dude thought exactly same path, with Blanka-chan becoming a world success and nobody buying Dan shit doll lol 🤣

Edited by CESTUS III
10 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

It doesn't fit his character.  Just like stupid mayor Cody.

Metro City's new mayor being a former street fighter like his predecessor and also a hero of the city like his predecessor makes a helluva lot more sense than Hamburglar Cody. That was, even by fighting game standards, was piss poor at best. So in game full of people that roam a round the world getting into fights. Cody is the only one that gets locked up for it. In the town he saved while being friends with the mayor. Sure.... 🙄

32 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Okay, suit Blanka is neat, but you people saying it should be his new default need to calm the fuck down.

It doesn't fit his current character but Capcom loves to capitalize on meme's for easy exposure. Hot Ryu was a meme started in the west and they pandered to that crowd in Fortnite and SF6. Now they got Blanka on the "glow up/we're not the same" meme and they'll definitely use it again in the future.

Prison Cody made 0 sense back in the day, but they made it work somehow. They can easily write something for Blanka who's been a goofball joke character since SFA3. 

Edited by BootyWarrior
1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

Okay, suit Blanka is neat, but you people saying it should be his new default need to calm the fuck down.

RE Blanka: He's built on the Wild Child/ Tarzan archetype. He's come back from the jungle and is ready for his next phase. Many Tarzan properties do have him eventually going back to society and embracing some of "civilized" life, while keeping his wild heart. Having Blanka do the same would move things forward. Dude's already got Blanka-chan as a business venture that was rough in the start, but could go somewhere (as indicated that it eventually became really popular down the line in his storymode). It could be something different and fun to shake things up instead of going back to the same ol' same ol. He already made his mom proud, his community likes him, so why not do something fun with contrasts?

RE Cody: It's the natural evolution of his Hero>Fallen Hero>Redemption arc. He cleaned up the streets, got too reckless because of a void in his life, went down into a spiral, finally got his act together and wanted to give back to Metro City and ensure it stayed stable after Haggar left. Makes sense to me.

Edited by ShockDingo
7 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Blanka character has been already been goofy and a joke character starting Alpha 3,  Because of being with Dan and Sakura being establish as his usual companion from Alpha and SF4. So he got a bail from this costume. Yet I do agree not for the default. 

Not a fan of meme costume becoming a default. They should be more occasional or somekind of particular to an event in a timeline just like Blanka Chan Costume.

7 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Tbh i was more bothered by Major Cody than i am by Business Blanka

Design wise would have really liked see Cody return closer to his FF roots with bit of redesign, i would have really liked something similar to his Sf4 alt without lot of the stupid shit they attached on him, something like this (click on it for normal proportions)

cody-redesign-pic

But i can also see the Major thing, given Haggar's precedent made sense.

I think they should have supported it better story wise though, imho they could have make Haggar seriously wounded and forced on hospital bed asking Cody to take his place, whole situation would have made much more sense

Wish he had at least one alt (beyond nostalgia wich is way too simple for today style) kinda like that, instead we got a comical joke one (Haggar like Story Alt) and another that repeat the suit up gimmick (Battle alt)

About Suit Blanka idk, as much i HATE the idea of SF stuff being meme popular in the west as something that Capcom care about (see beard Ryu wierdos) shit got potential in my eyes, and not because bunch of douches on twitter are making jokes about it.

The idea of suit up Blanka remind me how Tarzan got dress up as a Lord in England, plus let's not forget in SFV we see Blanka WANT to start the blanka-puppets business and hope to have success, even to the point to travel to Japan for a better audience 😄 

Plus at this point it may refresh the character, give his story a turn

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, Skort said:

And when are we gonna see  Marlowe as a playable character ?  It isn't out of the question looking at the fact that Kolin was pretty much in the same position before being playable. 

I remember, Before the first time I have seen her without knowing Cody backstory and not being translated yet. I thought she was Poison in disguise. lol

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Weird seeing ppl hate on Mayor Cody, the whole story from him being a fighting delinquent bum, then criminal then reforming and becoming the true hero to the city he was always meant to be is glorious. He had a whole ass full circle character arc that many characters never get 

It's a good closure arc for his character, if they turned him back to prison again that would be a terrible character direction.

2 hours ago, Skort said:

Cody ending up mayor is a decent closure to his arc since he gets to save the people of Metro City from the biggest threat of all.

Reveal hidden contents

High taxes.

Skort, you just set up the perfect premise for Final Fight 4. First there was the Mad Gear Gang, then the Skull Cross Gang, and now the most fearsome gang of them all......the IRS!!!

Final Fight 4 final boss......

Irwin R. Schyster

vkwall.jpg

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

I remember, Before the first time I have seen her without knowing Cody backstory and not being translated yet. I thought she was Poison in disguise. lol

I think it's hinted she's Jessica or something. His story certainly makes her seem like someone from his past looking out for him. At least, that's what I gathered from it. If it's not Jessica, I don't know who else might be. Cody doesn't have any history with anyone else. Even if it's not Jessica, Marlowe really isn't just what she looks like.

1 hour ago, Dracu said:

I think it's hinted she's Jessica or something. His story certainly makes her seem like someone from his past looking out for him. At least, that's what I gathered from it. If it's not Jessica, I don't know who else might be. Cody doesn't have any history with anyone else. Even if it's not Jessica, Marlowe really isn't just what she looks like.

Agreed, the way they constantly obscured her face and Cody's arcade ending make me think that's true:

"That man is now a mayor struggling to deal with the policies, petitions, and plans that clutter his desk. From the clutter though, shines a smile from way back..." the panels show Marlowe smirking and then there's a close up on a post FF1 picture of Haggar, Cody, Jessica, and Guy. It would make sense though, her keeping an eye on him for her sake and Haggar's as well as a way to get to know him again.

Edit: Also, I feel it's hinted at with some of her dialogue.

"Please, Mayor Cody! Mayor Haggar, who previously held your position, asked me to do my best to support you in taking on this job. But if you can't handle the responsibility, then I'm not doing what I promised him.

Edited by ShockDingo
9 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Weird seeing ppl hate on Mayor Cody, the whole story from him being a fighting delinquent bum, then criminal then reforming and becoming the true hero to the city he was always meant to be is glorious. He had a whole ass full circle character arc that many characters never get 

TBh if you read comments seems large majority of us accepted Mayor Cody direction, it's not much about be a "Mayor" in the traditional sense, it's more like the title of protector of the city and heir of Haggar legacy

Personally i have  only doubts about  kinda weak execution of some aspects of this change, and on general a lack of substance/purpose in something that could have LOT of cool potential

Kinda related... Just give me Avel/Death, and suddently Mayor Cody (and guess Luke, who hate terrorism and lost dad in explosion) suddently have an enemy that make Belger looks like nice guy lol

Casually walking in the city a solo wrecking like nothing remnants of Mad Gear Gang...

https://www.fightersgeneration.com/nz8/game/capcomfightingallstars/capcom-fighting-allstars-death-finalfight.jpg  capcom-fighting-allstars-death-phone.jpg

...then calling to say he placed a gigantic bomb in Metro City  (plot of Capcom Fighting All Stars cancelled game)

Dude could be an awesome SF6 Boss, aesthetic and attitude would be very different from Bison, Gill, Seth or G, would create good variety in the villain gallery

capcom-fighting-allstars-death-artwork.jpg

Plus dude remind me Top Dollar (The Crow villain), and Top Dollar was awesome

Edited by CESTUS III
On 3/5/2022 at 11:37 AM, sKreetFighteZ said:

I most definitely enjoyed reading about them. Do you stil do them ?

Sorry I'm way late, I'm pretty sure I promised this like a month back.  I've been kicking this one around for bit. I'm not exactly satisfied with it though. I think the inspiration for this character is obvious but I'm curious to see who picks up on it. FYI That was the closest I could get to her look in the SCV Create A Soul. I had to invert her primary colors because half the things you try to color white in SCVI end up as shiny silver or gray. I couldn't apply a pattern as work a round but at least it allowed me to simulate leather clothing.

Celina SFVI (Original Character)

a5jWWqC.jpg

Spoiler

QzXZDPa.jpg

sX9FhIu.jpg

Name: Celina Markowski

Nickname: Lady Dragon

Sex: Female

Ethnicity: Polish

Height: 5ft 3in (1.60m)

Weight: 126lbs (57kg)

B/W/H: 35-25-37 (91cm-65cm-94cm)

Hometown: Poznań, Poland

Appearance: Celina has short black hair in bob style hair cut. She has crystal blue eyes. Celina has a petite figure. She has a tone physique highlighted by her large, for her frame, muscular legs. Celina wears a red sports bra with “Polska” embroidered on it in white letters. She has on a white long sleeve leather jacket that is unzipped exposing her red top and showing off her abs. The jacket has a red eagle emblazoned on the back. There are red fingerless leather gloves on her hands. Celina has matching white leather pants on her legs. She has red leather boots on her feet that feature short flat heels.

Likes: Doing Her Own Stunts, Challenges, Restoring Classic Cars

Dislikes: Being Called A Fake, Automatic Transmissions

Fighting Style: Soo Bahk Do (Primary)

Tone: Celina is an ambitious, confident, yet humble. She enjoys overcoming challenges.

Origins: Celina was born in Poznań, Poland. Her parents were automobile engineers. When she was 12, her parents moved to South Korea for work. Being unfamiliar with the Korean language and culture, Celina was initially an outcast. Their confident happy daughter slowly sunk into depression over the next year. Her parents became concerned about her. One of their fellow foreign co-workers, an American, suggest they sign her up for martial arts. It would give her an opportunity to bond with kids her own age outside of school. So, at age 13, Celina began training in Soo Bahk Do.

Although she was petite, Celina was blessed with powerful legs. They allowed her to excel and quickly outpace the novices in her class. She wanted to enter tournaments, but her parents were wary of their daughter fighting. After some back and forth with her parents, they compromised. Celina began to enter several non contact, form based, competitions. She saw fast success. Celina wanted to expand her knowledge and began training in the Nine Kwans of Taekwondo.

By the time she graduated high school, Celina had won multiple championships in form based competitions. This drew the attention of Hitenryu Productions (Fei Longs film company). Celina would work her way up from extra to stunt woman to full blown actions star.

At the height of her stardom, Celina suddenly disappeared. Despite her box office success, she was unsatisfied. Some of her contemporaries questioned her ability since she lacked any real combat experience. None of her championships were from full contact competitions. She wanted to prove that she was a “true” martial artists. Donning a mask to hide her face, Celina would star fighting in the underground fighting scene. Her kick heavy offense and hidden face saw her be dubbed “The Mistress of Kicks.”

In her last underground fight, her opponent managed to knock the mask off of her face. She swiftly pummeled him but her secret was out. “The Mistress of Kicks” was revealed to be Celina “The Lady Dragon” Markowski.

Rival: Tian Long

Stamina: 975

Stun: 1000

Stun Recovery: 22F

Forward Dash: 15F

Back Dash: 24F

Forward Walk Speed: 5.2

Back Walk Speed: 3.9

Forward Dash Distance: 1.5

Back Dash Distance: 1.5

Normal Rise: 60F

Quick Rise: 30F

Delayed Rise: 75F

Back Rise: 45F

Taunt: Celina leans forward on her lead leg and raises her back leg into a standing split. With her torso parallel to the ground she beckons her opponent to “Przynieś to!” (Bring it!) Taunt animation is 52F. If the animation completes. Celina's next normal kick attack gains an additional 1F of advantage on hit and block.

Throw Range: 21

Throws:

Dragon Talon - LP+LK: Celina grabs her foe, right front kicks them, puts her left foot on their knee, and launches into a flying right knee that sends them tumbling backwards to the ground. 4F Startup 120 Damage/130 Stun

Dragon Tail Whip – B+LP+LK: Celina, in one swift motion, performs a hand stand, lock her legs around her head, and tosses them behind her. 4F Startup 110 Damage/150 Stun

*Celina's normal attack/special attacks have a unique feature. Four of her six buttons are kicks. LP,LK,MK,HK. So she has four versions (5 with EX) of any kick special attack. Conversely any punch (MP,HP) based specials only have two versions.

Unique Attacks:

Tarragon Kick – F+LP: Celina strikes with a left oblique kick to her opponent's knee. 5F Startup, 50 Damage/80 Stun, +3 on Hit, -4 on Block.

Basilisk Strike– B+MP: Celina performs a quick left back hand strike that leaves her foe standing and her at advantage. 6F Startup 60 Damage/100 Stun +2 on Hit/-2 on block

Wyvern Kick – B+MK: Celina hits her opponent with a right front kick to the abdomen. 7F Startup 70 Damage/120 Stun +3 on Hit/-1 on block

Scorpion Kick -F+MK: (Overhead) Celina, with her right foot planted firmly in the ground, brings her left backwards over her shoulder striking her adversary in the face. 14F Startup 70 Damage/100 Stun +1 on Hit/-4 on block

Flying Hydra Strike – F+HK: Celina executes a hopping double knee strike. Attack goes over low strikes and is throw invincible while airborne. 12F Startup 90 Damage/120 Stun +3 on Hit/-4 on Block. Airborne 4F to 12F

Spinning Drake Kick – B+HK: Celina spins 360° using the momentum to execute a powerful right front kick. Causes Knock Down. 16F Startup 90 Damage/150 Stun Knock Down on Hit/+1 On Block

Fight to Win – F+LP, B+MP: Celina performs a left oblique kick into left back hand strike combination. 5F Startup, 100 Damage/160 Stun, -1 on Hit, -7 on Block.

Righting Wrongs – B+MK, F+MK (Target Combo): Celina hits her adversary with a right front kick into left scorpion kick combination. 7F Startup 130 Damage/200 Stun -1 on Hit/-5 on block

Zen Riposte:

Raging Angel -B,BD,D+P: Celina hits her opponent with a high left side kick to chin, and left side kick to the sternum in rapid succession causing them to stagger backward. 40 Damage/50 Stun

Trio Cross- B,BD,D+K: Celina kicks strikes with a high right-left roundhouse kick into spinning back right kick combination that floors her opponent. 40 Damage/50 Stun

Zen Trance:

Undefeatable – HP+HK: Celina exhausts all four bars of Z-Gauge losing access to the Z-System (EX Attacks, Zen Riposte, Zen Arts). She becomes surrounded by a golden aura that boosts the properties of her kick normals only.

• Celina chains normal kick attacks together. LP is considered a kick button

• LP and LK can chain into one another.

• MK can only chain into HK. HK cannot chain into any normals

• A successful LP,LK,MK, HK or LK,LP,MK,HK chain can be canceled into any special.

• This abilities apply aerial and low normals.

Specials:

Tiger Claws – HCB+MP or HP: Celina hits her foe with a left-right-left hooki combination to the head. EX Version ends the combination with a right spinning back fist. Sequence leaves opponent standing with Celina at advantage. MP (5F Startup 120 Damage/120 Stun +1 On Hit/-4 On Block) HP (7F 120 Damage/150 Stun +2 On Hit/-6 On Block) EX (6F Startup 120 Damage/150 Stun +3 On Hit/-2 On Block)

Soaring Madam- F,D,DF+MP: Celina flips backward landing in front split against the wall and launches herself towards her foes a flying punch. Punch button pressed determines descent angle. All versions deal 120 Damage/150 Stun. MP (45° Angle), HP (30° Angle) EX 7F Startup 140 Damage/200 Stun Cause Hard Knock Down (B+MP+HP 45° Angle, MP+HP 30° Angle)*Startup Frames Begin After she touches the wall)

Raging Honor– F,D,DF+LP or K: (Anti Air) Celina lifts her opponent of the ground with a left spinning heel kick to the chin and rises into the air striking with with a barrage of right kicks. LP(4F Startup, 120 Damage/150 Stun, 75° Ascent Angle), LK(4F Startup, 120 Damage/150 Stun, 65° Ascent Angle)MK(5F Startup, 130 Damage/150 Stun, 55° Ascent Angle), HK(6F Startup, 150Damage/150 Stun, 45° Ascent Angle) EX(4F Startup, 160 Damage/200 Stun, LP+LK 75°, LK+MK 65°, LK+HK 55°, MK+HK 45° Ascent Angle)

Glorious Honor – QCB+LP or K,: Celina executes a flying right back kick. If the initial kick lands, it can be followed up by two follow up attacks with two additional kick inputs. Button input determines the initial kicks travel distance and startup. Attack sequence ends in a knock down. LP (3F Startup 40 Damage/40 Stun Point Blank), LK (6F Startup 50 Damage/40 Stun ¼ Screen), MK(10F Startup 60 Damage/40 Stun ½ Screen),HK (14F Startup 70 Damage/40 Stun ¾ Screen) EX (12F Startup 70 Damage/90 Stun ¾ Screen)

1st Follow Up

• K – No Retreat: Celina strikes with a spinning left hook kick. 9F Startup 30 Damage/40 Stun

2nd Follow Up

• K – No Surrender: Celina strikes with a spinning back right hook kick. 18F Startup 50 Damage/70 Stun

Irresistible Force – QCF+LP or K: Celina performs a standing back flip kick that lifts her adversary off their feet. She then hits them with a rapid combination of left high kicks before ending the sequence with a jump right roundhouse kick. All versions knock down. LP version only performs the backflip kick. LP (6F Startup 80 Damage/100 Stun, Causes Juggle State)LK(7F Startup 6 Hits 120 Damage/150 Stun.) MK(8F Startup 7 Hits 130 Damage/150 Stun) HK (9F Startup 8 Hits 150 Damage/150 Stun) EX(6F Startup 10 Hits 180 Damage/200 Stun)

Angel's Fury – QCB+LP or K,: (In Air) Celina rapidly descends upon her opponent with diving right kick. Button pressed determines descent angle. All versions 13F Startup 80 Damage/100 Stun. All versions leave foe standing. LP (75° Angle),LK (60° Angle), MK (45° Angle), HK (30° Angle) EX 12F Startup 90 Damage/120 Stun Cause Hard Knock Down (LP+LK 75°, LK+MK 60° Angle, LK+HK 45° Angle, MK+HK 30° Angle)

Zen Art 1:

Third Act - QCBxB+K: Celina executes a flying right back kick. If the initial kick lands, she follows up with a left-right-left hooking combination to the head, followed by a right spinning back fist into a jump left spinning roundhouse kick finisher.

• 270 Damage

• 250 Stun

• 2 Bars of Z-Gauge

Zen Art 2:

Box Office Smash – B,D,DB+2K (Counter): Celina deflects her opponent's incoming attack with a left leg strike and counters with a barrage of blindingly fast kicks. The type of strike and type of attack countered is dependent on the two “kick” buttons pressed. The throw counter works against all standing throws except for Zen Arts.

• LP+LK (Throw Counter): Celina strikes with a step left front kick to the gut and spins into a barrage of right back kicks. 390 Damage/520 Stun.

• LK+MK (Low Counter): Celina strikes with a step low kick to the calf and spins into a rapid combination of right back kicks. 400 Damage/550 Stun

• LK+HK (High/Mid Counter): Celina strikes with a left waist level roundhouse kick and spins into a rapid combination of right back kicks. 390 Damage/520 Stun,

• MK+HK (Anti Air Counter): Celina strikes with a high left roundhouse kick and spins into a swift combination of high right back kicks. 390 Damage/520 Stun

• 3 Bars of Z-Gauge

Zen Art 3:

No Sequel - QCFx2+K: Celina strikes with vicious left spinning back kick to the gut. As her opponent doubles over, she catches them with a high left side kick to the chin that lifts them off the ground. Celina then spins into a high right back kick blitz that strikes her foe with three dozen kicks in a mere instant before finishing the combination with 540° spinning left hook kick. (1x80, 1x70, 36x5, 1x120)

• 450 Damage

• 150 Stun

• 4 Bars of Z Gauge

Reasons to be in SFVI:

The revelation of Celina's success in the underground fight scene sent ripples through the movie and martial arts community. Many of her detractors were suddenly silent. Multiple studios approached her with lucrative film deals. However, the one offer she received that intrigued her was an invitation to the World Martial Arts Tournament.

Notes:

• Celina's unique attacks, sans the Scorpion Kick, are all references to a type of dragon.
  • Celina's special moves are references to loss references to certain martial arts films.
  • Celina's Zen Arts are general references to movies

Celina's Movies:

• Prelude to Midnight
  • Fight For Victory
  • Asia O'Shanassy
  • Martial Justice
  • Sun Prince
  • Angel of Vengeance
  • Dragon Maiden
  • Fury and Honor
  • Rage and Glory
  • Unstoppable Force

Edited by Darc_Requiem
12 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Sorry I'm way late, I'm pretty sure I promised this like a month back.  I've been kicking this one around for bit. I'm not exactly satisfied with it though. I think the inspiration for this character is obvious but I'm curious to see who picks up on it. FYI That was the closest I could get to her look in the SCV Create A Soul. I had to invert her primary colors because half the things you try to color white in SCVI end up as shiny silver or gray. I couldn't apply a pattern as work a round but at least it allowed me to simulate leather clothing.

Celina SFVI (Original Character)

a5jWWqC.jpg

Hide contents

QzXZDPa.jpg

sX9FhIu.jpg

Name: Celina Markowski

Nickname: Lady Dragon

Sex: Female

Ethnicity: Polish

Height: 5ft 3in (1.60m)

Weight: 126lbs (57kg)

B/W/H: 35-25-37 (91cm-65cm-94cm)

Hometown: Poznań, Poland

Appearance: Celina has short black hair in bob style hair cut. She has crystal blue eyes. Celina has a petite figure. She has a tone physique highlighted by her large, for her frame, muscular legs. Celina wears a red sports bra with “Polska” embroidered on it in white letters. She has on a white long sleeve leather jacket that is unzipped exposing her red top and showing off her abs. The jacket has a red eagle emblazoned on the back. There are red fingerless leather gloves on her hands. Celina has matching white leather pants on her legs. She has red leather boots on her feet that feature short flat heels.

Likes: Doing Her Own Stunts, Challenges, Restoring Classic Cars

Dislikes: Being Called A Fake, Automatic Transmissions

Fighting Style: Soo Bahk Do (Primary)

Tone: Celina is an ambitious, confident, yet humble. She enjoys overcoming challenges.

Origins: Celina was born in Poznań, Poland. Her parents were automobile engineers. When she was 12, her parents moved to South Korea for work. Being unfamiliar with the Korean language and culture, Celina was initially an outcast. Their confident happy daughter slowly sunk into depression over the next year. Her parents became concerned about her. One of their fellow foreign co-workers, an American, suggest they sign her up for martial arts. It would give her an opportunity to bond with kids her own age outside of school. So, at age 13, Celina began training in Soo Bahk Do.

Although she was petite, Celina was blessed with powerful legs. They allowed her to excel and quickly outpace the novices in her class. She wanted to enter tournaments, but her parents were wary of their daughter fighting. After some back and forth with her parents, they compromised. Celina began to enter several non contact, form based, competitions. She saw fast success. Celina wanted to expand her knowledge and began training in the Nine Kwans of Taekwondo.

By the time she graduated high school, Celina had won multiple championships in form based competitions. This drew the attention of Hitenryu Productions (Fei Longs film company). Celina would work her way up from extra to stunt woman to full blown actions star.

At the height of her stardom, Celina suddenly disappeared. Despite her box office success, she was unsatisfied. Some of her contemporaries questioned her ability since she lacked any real combat experience. None of her championships were from full contact competitions. She wanted to prove that she was a “true” martial artists. Donning a mask to hide her face, Celina would star fighting in the underground fighting scene. Her kick heavy offense and hidden face saw her be dubbed “The Mistress of Kicks.”

In her last underground fight, her opponent managed to knock the mask off of her face. She swiftly pummeled him but her secret was out. “The Mistress of Kicks” was revealed to be Celina “The Lady Dragon” Markowski.

Rival: Tian Long

Stamina: 975

Stun: 1000

Stun Recovery: 22F

Forward Dash: 15F

Back Dash: 24F

Forward Walk Speed: 5.2

Back Walk Speed: 3.9

Forward Dash Distance: 1.5

Back Dash Distance: 1.5

Normal Rise: 60F

Quick Rise: 30F

Delayed Rise: 75F

Back Rise: 45F

Taunt: Celina leans forward on her lead leg and raises her back leg into a standing split. With her torso parallel to the ground she beckons her opponent to “Przynieś to!” (Bring it!) Taunt animation is 52F. If the animation completes. Celina's next normal kick attack gains an additional 1F of advantage on hit and block.

Throw Range: 21

Throws:

Dragon Talon - LP+LK: Celina grabs her foe, right front kicks them, puts her left foot on their knee, and launches into a flying right knee that sends them tumbling backwards to the ground. 4F Startup 120 Damage/130 Stun

Dragon Tail Whip – B+LP+LK: Celina, in one swift motion, performs a hand stand, lock her legs around her head, and tosses them behind her. 4F Startup 110 Damage/150 Stun

*Celina's normal attack/special attacks have a unique feature. Four of her six buttons are kicks. LP,LK,MK,HK. So she has four versions (5 with EX) of any kick special attack. Conversely any punch (MP,HP) based specials only have two versions.

Unique Attacks:

Tarragon Kick – F+LP: Celina strikes with a left oblique kick to her opponent's knee. 5F Startup, 50 Damage/80 Stun, +3 on Hit, -4 on Block.

Basilisk Strike– B+MP: Celina performs a quick left back hand strike that leaves her foe standing and her at advantage. 6F Startup 60 Damage/100 Stun +2 on Hit/-2 on block

Wyvern Kick – B+MK: Celina hits her opponent with a right front kick to the abdomen. 7F Startup 70 Damage/120 Stun +3 on Hit/-1 on block

Scorpion Kick -F+MK: (Overhead) Celina, with her right foot planted firmly in the ground, brings her left backwards over her shoulder striking her adversary in the face. 14F Startup 70 Damage/100 Stun +1 on Hit/-4 on block

Flying Hydra Strike – F+HK: Celina executes a hopping double knee strike. Attack goes over low strikes and is throw invincible while airborne. 12F Startup 90 Damage/120 Stun +3 on Hit/-4 on Block. Airborne 4F to 12F

Spinning Drake Kick – B+HK: Celina spins 360° using the momentum to execute a powerful right front kick. Causes Knock Down. 16F Startup 90 Damage/150 Stun Knock Down on Hit/+1 On Block

Fight to Win – F+LP, B+MP: Celina performs a left oblique kick into left back hand strike combination. 5F Startup, 100 Damage/160 Stun, -1 on Hit, -7 on Block.

Righting Wrongs – B+MK, F+MK (Target Combo): Celina hits her adversary with a right front kick into left scorpion kick combination. 7F Startup 130 Damage/200 Stun -1 on Hit/-5 on block

Zen Riposte:

Raging Angel -B,BD,D+P: Celina hits her opponent with a high left side kick to chin, and left side kick to the sternum in rapid succession causing them to stagger backward. 40 Damage/50 Stun

Trio Cross- B,BD,D+K: Celina kicks strikes with a high right-left roundhouse kick into spinning back right kick combination that floors her opponent. 40 Damage/50 Stun

Zen Trance:

Undefeatable – HP+HK: Celina exhausts all four bars of Z-Gauge losing access to the Z-System (EX Attacks, Zen Riposte, Zen Arts). She becomes surrounded by a golden aura that boosts the properties of her kick normals only.

• Celina chains normal kick attacks together. LP is considered a kick button

• LP and LK can chain into one another.

• MK can only chain into HK. HK cannot chain into any normals

• A successful LP,LK,MK, HK or LK,LP,MK,HK chain can be canceled into any special.

• This abilities apply aerial and low normals.

Specials:

Tiger Claws – HCB+MP or HP: Celina hits her foe with a left-right-left hooki combination to the head. EX Version ends the combination with a right spinning back fist. Sequence leaves opponent standing with Celina at advantage. MP (5F Startup 120 Damage/120 Stun +1 On Hit/-4 On Block) HP (7F 120 Damage/150 Stun +2 On Hit/-6 On Block) EX (6F Startup 120 Damage/150 Stun +3 On Hit/-2 On Block)

Soaring Madam- F,D,DF+MP: Celina flips backward landing in front split against the wall and launches herself towards her foes a flying punch. Punch button pressed determines descent angle. All versions deal 120 Damage/150 Stun. MP (45° Angle), HP (30° Angle) EX 7F Startup 140 Damage/200 Stun Cause Hard Knock Down (B+MP+HP 45° Angle, MP+HP 30° Angle)*Startup Frames Begin After she touches the wall)

Raging Honor– F,D,DF+LP or K: (Anti Air) Celina lifts her opponent of the ground with a left spinning heel kick to the chin and rises into the air striking with with a barrage of right kicks. LP(4F Startup, 120 Damage/150 Stun, 75° Ascent Angle), LK(4F Startup, 120 Damage/150 Stun, 65° Ascent Angle)MK(5F Startup, 130 Damage/150 Stun, 55° Ascent Angle), HK(6F Startup, 150Damage/150 Stun, 45° Ascent Angle) EX(4F Startup, 160 Damage/200 Stun, LP+LK 75°, LK+MK 65°, LK+HK 55°, MK+HK 45° Ascent Angle)

Glorious Honor – QCB+LP or K,: Celina executes a flying right back kick. If the initial kick lands, it can be followed up by two follow up attacks with two additional kick inputs. Button input determines the initial kicks travel distance and startup. Attack sequence ends in a knock down. LP (3F Startup 40 Damage/40 Stun Point Blank), LK (6F Startup 50 Damage/40 Stun ¼ Screen), MK(10F Startup 60 Damage/40 Stun ½ Screen),HK (14F Startup 70 Damage/40 Stun ¾ Screen) EX (12F Startup 70 Damage/90 Stun ¾ Screen)

1st Follow Up

• K – No Retreat: Celina strikes with a spinning left hook kick. 9F Startup 30 Damage/40 Stun

2nd Follow Up

• K – No Surrender: Celina strikes with a spinning back right hook kick. 18F Startup 50 Damage/70 Stun

Irresistible Force – QCF+LP or K: Celina performs a standing back flip kick that lifts her adversary off their feet. She then hits them with a rapid combination of left high kicks before ending the sequence with a jump right roundhouse kick. All versions knock down. LP version only performs the backflip kick. LP (6F Startup 80 Damage/100 Stun, Causes Juggle State)LK(7F Startup 6 Hits 120 Damage/150 Stun.) MK(8F Startup 7 Hits 130 Damage/150 Stun) HK (9F Startup 8 Hits 150 Damage/150 Stun) EX(6F Startup 10 Hits 180 Damage/200 Stun)

Angel's Fury – QCB+LP or K,: (In Air) Celina rapidly descends upon her opponent with diving right kick. Button pressed determines descent angle. All versions 13F Startup 80 Damage/100 Stun. All versions leave foe standing. LP (75° Angle),LK (60° Angle), MK (45° Angle), HK (30° Angle) EX 12F Startup 90 Damage/120 Stun Cause Hard Knock Down (LP+LK 75°, LK+MK 60° Angle, LK+HK 45° Angle, MK+HK 30° Angle)

Zen Art 1:

Third Act - QCBxB+K: Celina executes a flying right back kick. If the initial kick lands, she follows up with a left-right-left hooking combination to the head, followed by a right spinning back fist into a jump left spinning roundhouse kick finisher.

• 270 Damage

• 250 Stun

• 2 Bars of Z-Gauge

Zen Art 2:

Box Office Smash – B,D,DB+2K (Counter): Celina deflects her opponent's incoming attack with a left leg strike and counters with a barrage of blindingly fast kicks. The type of strike and type of attack countered is dependent on the two “kick” buttons pressed. The throw counter works against all standing throws except for Zen Arts.

• LP+LK (Throw Counter): Celina strikes with a step left front kick to the gut and spins into a barrage of right back kicks. 390 Damage/520 Stun.

• LK+MK (Low Counter): Celina strikes with a step low kick to the calf and spins into a rapid combination of right back kicks. 400 Damage/550 Stun

• LK+HK (High/Mid Counter): Celina strikes with a left waist level roundhouse kick and spins into a rapid combination of right back kicks. 390 Damage/520 Stun,

• MK+HK (Anti Air Counter): Celina strikes with a high left roundhouse kick and spins into a swift combination of high right back kicks. 390 Damage/520 Stun

• 3 Bars of Z-Gauge

Zen Art 3:

No Sequel - QCFx2+K: Celina strikes with vicious left spinning back kick to the gut. As her opponent doubles over, she catches them with a high left side kick to the chin that lifts them off the ground. Celina then spins into a high right back kick blitz that strikes her foe with three dozen kicks in a mere instant before finishing the combination with 540° spinning left hook kick. (1x80, 1x70, 36x5, 1x120)

• 450 Damage

• 150 Stun

• 4 Bars of Z Gauge

Reasons to be in SFVI:

The revelation of Celina's success in the underground fight scene sent ripples through the movie and martial arts community. Many of her detractors were suddenly silent. Multiple studios approached her with lucrative film deals. However, the one offer she received that intrigued her was an invitation to the World Martial Arts Tournament.

Notes:

• Celina's unique attacks, sans the Scorpion Kick, are all references to a type of dragon.
  • Celina's special moves are references to loss references to certain martial arts films.
  • Celina's Zen Arts are general references to movies

Celina's Movies:

• Prelude to Midnight
  • Fight For Victory
  • Asia O'Shanassy
  • Martial Justice
  • Sun Prince
  • Angel of Vengeance
  • Dragon Maiden
  • Fury and Honor
  • Rage and Glory
  • Unstoppable Force

this actually looks pretty good. I like it 😃.

15 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

i guess

Hide contents

Tekken 7 Adds Polish Prime Minster Lidia To Its Roster This Week - GameSpot

Actually she didn't cross my mind.

Spoiler

Cynthia Rothrock, her maiden name is Markowski. The special move names are inspired by her movies. Markowski is a Polish surname and I didn't have a Polish character. So I went from there. Too many blondes and her natural hair isn't blonde.

1*shb_5eF7oSU7qIsgocD9tQ.jpeg

image.jpg?id=23429939&width=1245&quality

MV5BOTFjMTZhYTYtYWI2NC00ZmIxLThmMWQtZGY2

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Imagine thinking Cody becoming the mayor of Metro City is against his character instead of it being the natural conclusion to his entire character arc and the only direction the character could have gone without reverting back to recycled plot threads. Couldn’t be me. 

And let’s not act like Blanka is some fucking sacred cow that’s meant for serious business only. Just look at the guy and tell me putting him in a suit is ‘too much’ for him. 

40 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Actually she didn't cross my mind.

Reveal hidden contents

Cynthia Rothrock, her maiden name is Markowski. The special move names are inspired by her movies. Markowski is a Polish surname and I didn't have a Polish character. So I went from there. Too many blondes and he natural hair isn't blonde.

1*shb_5eF7oSU7qIsgocD9tQ.jpeg

image.jpg?id=23429939&width=1245&quality

MV5BOTFjMTZhYTYtYWI2NC00ZmIxLThmMWQtZGY2

Ooh nice! I love Cynthia!

10 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

Ooh nice! I love Cynthia!

Same here. I've always loved martial arts movies and when I saw her in Lady Dragon. It was a wrap. I made a point to watch all of her films. I put a lot of nods to her in Celina's character. Her nickname "Lady Dragon", her primary martial art , the Scorpion Kick, her Soaring Madam special was taken directly from the cool attack she did in Yes Madam, and her special move names are knock of name of Cynthia's movies. I could go on....

On 4/28/2022 at 1:13 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Metro City's new mayor being a former street fighter like his predecessor and also a hero of the city like his predecessor makes a helluva lot more sense than Hamburglar Cody.

I disagree.  Don't get me wrong, convict Cody sucks, but the guy who doesn't care about anything but fighting becoming mayor makes even less sense.

Especially POST convict Cody.  Who's voting for him?!

On 4/28/2022 at 8:45 PM, CESTUS III said:

Tbh i was more bothered by Major Cody than i am by Business Blanka

Design wise would have really liked see Cody return closer to his FF roots with bit of redesign, i would have really liked something similar to his Sf4 alt without lot of the stupid shit they attached on him, something like this (click on it for normal proportions)

Cody should have become the Terry Bogard of SF.  The prisoner gimmick should have gone to Joe like originally planned.

Post prison though, I think Streetwise Cody is way better than mayor Cody.  It's a great blend of his FF and Alpha designs.
cody-streetwise.jpg

On 4/29/2022 at 8:21 AM, Skort said:

Speaking of Cody what ever happened to Jessica ?  

And when are we gonna see  Marlowe as a playable character ? 

It's implied that Marlowe is Jessica in disguise.

7 hours ago, Scotia said:

Imagine thinking Cody becoming the mayor of Metro City is against his character instead of it being the natural conclusion to his entire character arc and the only direction the character could have gone without reverting back to recycled plot threads. 

WHO VOTED FOR HIM?!

A violent convict that REPEATEDLY broke out of prison!  How did that campaign work?  Who the fuck did he run against?  Sodom?!

How is he even free?  Breaking out of prison adds a TON of time to your sentence!

Edited by DarthEnderX
2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

WHO VOTED FOR HIM?!

We had a mayor here that was mayor for years, went to jail for corruption, got out of jail and immediately won re-election

Now imagine his only crime had been beating the daylights out of violent street thugs that included a guy WITH GRENADES AND TANKS.

Yeah Cody becoming mayor actually makes all the sense in the world, especially in the SF-world