Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

3 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

That guy looks nothing like Rasputin.  Rasputin was a church peasant guy.

JP is privileged as fuck.

The Rasputin in world heroes is kinda short

But this interpretation is intimidating and hilarious

Edited by Shakunetsu

It's a questionable story direction for Ken to say the least.

Not only he evolved and grew as a character since the days he was just a fighter , he has done so successfully. His intro in SF4 showed him having mixed feelings and he was uncertain of how his life would be once his son would be born. 

Forward to SF5, he is a good father and his child was following into his footsteeps. 

Ken is also USA's champion if i recall. So he already proved more than he had to , both in combat and as a family man.If anything others should strive to be like him. 

So, dare i ask what exactly was Ken aiming to prove ? He was complete and actually a character  with a good closure. 

If this story will actually take him on this dark path i hope it's has a good ending for him because Ken doesn't deserve to be done dirty like this.

Edited by Skort
7 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

That guy looks nothing like Rasputin.  Rasputin was a church peasant guy.

JP is privileged as fuck.

I was thinking more of his face, beard and hair. Rasputin was a monk and not a noble of course.

But if JP is actually a villain they might also be playing on the story of Rasputin as a mystic who held control over the Tsar through nefarious means, which obviously is just a later legend that was made up because the actual Rasputin was a Siberian half-religious man, half-conman who managed to get close to the royal family because the Tsarina was superstitious and the medics treating Alexei's hemophilia were incompetent enough that Rasputin's suggestion of stopping medical care in favour of praying somehow worked.

25 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I wonder of Capcom knows how body proportions work.

They don't. It looked like they were getting the hand of things in SFV then some where in the last couple of seasons they fell off the wagon again. Early SFV you had characters being more realistic Ryu stopped being 150 and was 187. Zangief was 256lbs he was 399lbs. Balrog wasn't 216lbs he was 299lbs. Then you get the last couple of seasons and you get shit like Sagat's weight......

15 hours ago, Daemos said:

Sure, but Rose is Rose. She is the fucking Queen, and we have enough damn kids in this base roster. Menat is also a damn airhead who can't tell the future if it hit her in the damn face. And make no mistake, we are in the future.

Fuck Rose, SF6 put italian woman in already

Now my last hope of get male italian rep is Menat being in and working as link for adult Maggio looking Joseph Joestar ripoff as he's supposed to be 🤣

Like a 2% chance, but i work with what i have

Tell to that Rose bitch we don't need her anymore, i need Menat egyptian ass to dance on my screen

7 hours ago, Skort said:

It's a questionable story direction for Ken to say the least.

Not only he evolved and grew as a character since the days he was just a fighter , he has done so successfully. His intro in SF4 showed him having mixed feelings and he was uncertain of how his life would be once his son would be born. 

Forward to SF5, he is a good father and his child was following into his footsteeps. 

Ken is also USA's champion if i recall. So he already proved more than he had to , both in combat and as a family man.If anything others should strive to be like him. 

So, dare i ask what exactly was Ken aiming to prove ? He was complete and actually a character  with a good closure. 

If this story will actually take him on this dark path i hope it's has a good ending for him because Ken doesn't deserve to be done dirty like this.

I've been praying to hard on Guile’s downfall for this to be happening to him of all people 🙏🏽

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Playstation blog got a little bit more info than the official site. 

Ryu has two new moves. Hashogeki and Denjin Charge. Chun has a low combat stance and Capcom doesn't want to confirm that Jamie is drinking booze. 

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/06/02/street-fighter-6-aims-to-redefine-the-fighting-genre-in-2023/

Loving that Luke is finally getting some grappling (takedown in his super, now DDT), they tried to sell him as MMA guy but was essentially 99% puncher... even his F throw in V is just more punching lol

In that clip is also possible see better DamnD

25 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Good.  I don't like Mayor Cody. 

I'd say "Come back as street punk Cody!" but Ken is already stealing that slot...

I agree with you with Cody being the Terry of the SF franchise is the best position but having Ken also another blonde in that kind of archetype in a more negative side kind weird.

I just hope Cody won't end up a tragic character anymore

1 hour ago, Scotia said:

The Ken 4chan leak is bullshit btw. I read the whole thing and it's complete nonsense and elements of it have already been deconfirmed.

truth may be waaay more simple, like Ken realized gap with his old friend/rival Ryu became too big, and chosen to do a period with same vagrant fighter lifestyle that Ryu does

Rose is definitely in this game.

I just went through her win quotes. Dhalsim, G, Oro, She is on to something or someone... 

Other quotes of interest:

Menat to Falke: ""That power... It's like that of...Bison, was it? I have a feeling I will see more of it in the future..."

Menat to G: ""You're working hard on something stupid. Does that make you a hard worker or just stupid?"

Menat to Luke: ""I glimpsed into your future, and drama is very much front and center."

Rose To Kolin: "I see you lying in the snow weeping... Nothing has changed since then."  <--- Gill is dead!

Bison to Rose: "You don't look so well, Rose... Did you have a bad dream? Heh heh heh...“

Rose to FANG "Far deadlier than the poison you wield is the loyalty you pledge to your leader."

I am 99% sure AKI is here to fulfill an either old/sick/dead FANG's dying wish to set the stage for Bison's return.

I like that they're taking risks with their characters, like making Ken downtrodden. 

I admit, the realistic style looks better than I thought it would and it being highly stylized and the graffiti style they go for in this game make it feel pretty recognizably Street Fighter, even though it's new.

I think the over stylized  redesings are a bit weird, but as we saw with the Cammy leak, most are probably getting classic costumes anyway so not much of a problem.

This is the first time all the newcomers in a Street Fighter game are great. I especially love JP. Even Luke seems great... too bad SFV's version of him kinda stole his thunder. 

Am I the only one who feels the newcomers are taking some inspiration from ARIKA's page in character desgins? Even stuff like Chun-Li's redesgin reminds me of that kung fu chick from Fighting Layer. 

9 minutes ago, Scotia said:

Based on this actual legit leak that got a ton of info about the game right before SF6 even got revealed; yeah Rose is going to be in the game;

Hide contents

spacer.png

It's kinda too early to anticipate both an Ultra and Super version at a time

Unless this is connected to that malware attack

So, am I the only one feeling a connection between G and JP?

One's an american president type figure, while the other is a russian aristocratic / tzarist looking figure. Basically, both look like the highest class of their representative countries of "origin". 

Both are ominous fellows and certainly with similar goals.

Could they be the same guy? Or part of the same organization? 

We already speculated when G came out that he shows himself in the Lincoln aesthetic to americans to gain their trust, while he might show a different facade in other places of the world. Could JP use a similar strategy, but to russians? Maybe he's just one of G's multiple personalities.

And, of course, could JP be tied to the Secret Society? We kinda already know that he uses Psycho Power. Maybe he's the former Emperor? 

So interesting, this guy! I love a good villain design man! I feel you can make up all kinds of crazy stuff. 

This period of speculation until the actual story comes up is the best.

1 minute ago, Dracu said:

One's an american president type figure, while the other is a russian aristocratic / tzarist looking figure. Basically, both look like the highest class of their representative countries of "origin". 

We already speculated when G came out that he shows himself in the Lincoln aesthetic to americans to gain their trust, while he might show a different facade in other places of the world. Could JP use a similar strategy, but to russians? Maybe he's just one of G's multiple personalities.

And, of course, could JP be tied to the Secret Society? We kinda already know that he uses Psycho Power. Maybe he's the former Emperor? 

So interesting, this guy! I love a good villain design man! I feel you can make up all kinds of crazy stuff. 

I was thinking that it might be that JP is responsible for Ken loss of financial assets and the guy being tied with secret society also.

Or probably Ken's family is being kidnap or something that's why he ended up like that, Just like in ties that bind but the situation here is more critical.

I don't really think divorce is something Capcom would put on Ken's story and SF game. Capcom is more on retiring Ken than deconstructing his character with divorce.

8 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I was thinking that it might be that JP is responsible for Ken loss of financial assets and the guy being tied with secret society also.

Or probably Ken's family is being kidnap or something that's why he ended up like that, Just like in ties that bind but the situation here is more critical.

I don't really think divorce is something Capcom would put on Ken's story and SF game. Capcom is more on retiring Ken than deconstructing his character with divorce.

If the Secret Society went for Ken's fortune, who uses it FOR FUCKING NOTHING, while passing on the Kanzuki Estate after the events of Street Fighter V, they're the dumbest fucking shadow villains in the universe lol 

1 minute ago, Dracu said:

If the Secret Society went for Ken's fortune, who uses it FOR FUCKING NOTHING, while passing on the Kanzuki Estate after the events of Street Fighter V, they're the dumbest fucking shadow villains in the universe lol 

I dislike them for putting Karin on some kind of pedestal among the other fighters in SFV. I wonder how she gonna involve right  now.

1 hour ago, Dracu said:

I would doubt JP is an high level SS guy as Gill or Urien for two reasons... no forehead gem, and his powers being Psycho Power, while we know SS usually use nature elements as source of power

The possible connection with G feels more interesting, other day i was talking about the owl (symbol both Ed and JP have on them) was an important figure in ancient greece imagery, and that may link indeed to Secret Society... but effectively i forgot to add that somehow also that G links to ancient greek culture

Since were not returning Evil Ryu, And some still asking for his stomp

being replace and incorporated to Ryu

I think this one can work as another alternative and a replacement to compensate with Evil Ryu's Stomp while still feels in-character to the current Ryu in SF6

So no need for Evil Ryu or something

sjz5BSu.gif

Another alternative is by Gouken's Crumple from Skort

40 minutes ago, Skort said:

I like it tbh. 

What i would give him is Gouken's crumple attack that he had in Omega SF4.  I think it looks cool and imagine using this to extend his combos or reset the opponent.

9 hours ago, Scotia said:

Based on this actual legit leak that got a ton of info about the game right before SF6 even got revealed; yeah Rose is going to be in the game;

Hide contents

spacer.png

European female MMA character - similar moves to Abel = Either Mimi, or Marisa.
Black female ninja = Kimberly

man who fights in an orange suit = Jamie
East Asian assassin = AKI

Elderly fighter = JP

8 hours ago, Dracu said:

To be fair, Kanzuki is FAR more cautious and organized than Ken is.  It's entirely possible that trying to steal the Kanzuki fortune would simply fail.  

3 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Imagine believing that Capcom won't find some elaborate bullshit to bring Evil Ryu back as DLC even after Ryu left behind the Satsui no Hado for the fifteenth time.

I mean...they made him a separate spiritual entity in the most recent game.  Ryu even makes a point of simply sending him away rather than destroying him.

All he needs to do is find a body(which, there's an entire organization in the setting dedicated to creating bodies...sometimes of Ryu), and not only is he back, but he's finally real.

Edited by DarthEnderX
3 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

European female MMA character - similar moves to Abel = Either Mimi, or Marisa.
Black female ninja = Kimberly

man who fights in an orange suit = Jamie
East Asian assassin = AKI

Elderly fighter = JP

To be fair, Kanzuki is FAR more cautious and organized than Ken is.  It's entirely possible that trying to steal the Kanzuki fortune would simply fail.  

I think the orange suit man is JP and the elderly man simply hasn't been leaked yet. If the leak is right there's still 3 more characters, one of which would be Rose. The other two might be the aforementioned elderly man and some other, possibly Li Fen, or whoever the gal fighting Chun Li in the trailer is. Though I think she's just some generic fighting girl model that you'll use in World Tour mode and they're using that to showcase you getting trained by the actual Street Fighter characters. 

58 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Imagine believing that Capcom won't find some elaborate bullshit to bring Evil Ryu back as DLC even after Ryu left behind the Satsui no Hado for the fifteenth time.

They made it in SF4 lol

And Gouken should have sealed it for good already also in SF4

But in SFV Vanilla it starts again that Ryu is still struggling lol