Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

16 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

4'50'', RYU TALKS ABOUT SAKURA:

Ryu "There was once a fighter who wanted to become my disciple. At that time, SHE seemed still a child, but she grew up before I knew it and..."

AND WHAT, RYU?

AND WHAT? 👀

She's totally coming in season 2. TRUE Adult Wife-material Sakura is here! The graffiti wall foresaw this!

1 hour ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

4'50'', RYU TALKS ABOUT SAKURA:

Ryu "There was once a fighter who wanted to become my disciple. At that time, SHE seemed still a child, but she grew up before I knew it and..."

AND WHAT, RYU?

AND WHAT? 👀

Shinzo Abe's final wish has finally been fulfilled...

Japan's fertility rates have been rescued thanks to Sakura and Ryu's heroism. 😌

FXKUajoWIAAdGul.jpg

Here's some important bits:

Screenshot-1379.png

Screenshot-1388.png

Screenshot-1385.png

Tried to get as clear as possible but you can see many characters and alts,

First pic: Damn'd and what looks like Retsu Alt at the bottom left. Guile and Manon Alts in the middle left.

Second pic: AKI, JP, and Akuma alts are visible. JP in trench coat and traditional Nayshall outfit.

Third: Another Akuma Alt is seen and the bottom half of Rashid.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Oh Luke you poor thing! Stop Capcom! Stop making me like him!

I never liked luke in game, like his mocking ryu and the way he plays is just kinda shoto like but with a different hadouken and no tatsu

But his character is suddenly becoming likable in how Capcom made him appear in the world tour and the comics along with backstory.

He feels like a different person in-mach in a game than the way you interact to him in worldtour and in his story.

Here's a blurry size comparison of the fighters. Didn't realize Blanka was so big given the fact he's always posed crouching.  Finger is ponting to Ryu but I can't seem to make out everyone. They seem to all be in their underwear. 

spacer.png

I think I goes. 

Silhouette

Lily

Cammy

Juri

Gief

Jp

Manon

DJ

Luke

Ken

Jamie

Guile

Chun

Ryu

Honda

Kimberly?

Marisa

Sim

Blanka

Edited by bakfromon
3 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Who is between Hondan and Marisa because that is not Kimberly. All the women have their breasts covered up, and that character looks white or Asian.

It's none of the DLC characters also.

Hair too short to be Bosch.

Process of elimation because all the other characters are accounted for in the base roster. It's a blurry pic so it could be her or it could be someone who got changed into Kimberly. Kinda like how Rufus from SF4 was King Cobra before he was changed.

Here's some more new stuff from the video

spacer.png

Akuma has two faces it seems. One looks more like Oni than the other. 

spacer.png

This one is AKI in another costume

spacer.png

spacer.png

Marisa alts

spacer.png

Guile with his hair down tied up

spacer.png

Manon alt

spacer.png

JP in his Nayshallian attire.... Remember in the first issue of the prelude comic that Ken was given a Cerulean Blue cloth to signify that the young King had picked him as a successor? Well we know that Ken isn't going to be receiving that cloth because he's been deemed a terrorist. Looks like JP may be wearing it and has been deemed the Kings successor with this alt costume. 

spacer.png

??? Maybe he's in WTM or maybe this was Jamie during concept stages

It says his name is Kung Fu Master Shao

カンフーマスター 邵

Edited by bakfromon
3 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

??? Maybe he's in WTM or maybe this was Jamie during concept stages

It says his name is Kung Fu Master Shao

I saw that Shao can also be read as Siu or that they are similar enough to be interchangeable depending on the dialect. So maybe this is Jamie’s, who last name is Siu, grandfather and he appears in World Tour.

6 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I saw that Shao can also be read as Siu or that they are similar enough to be interchangeable depending on the dialect. So maybe this is Jamie’s, who last name is Siu, grandfather and he appears in World Tour.

Kung Fu Master Siu: "Jamie, how many times have I told you to pull your pants up boy!? And stay out of my....'herbal' tea!"

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

I thought Chun-Li was taught by her father? So after her father died Shao taught her?

Where is Gen and Lee in all this?

Gen apparently taught Chun Li's Dad. Chun Li's Dad taught Chun Li a bit before being taken away. Shao taught Chun some more.

Chun's crouching sweep was the technique borrowed from Gen.

This is due to the fact that during Chun's initial development she was actually supposed to be Gen's daughter.

@Miðgarðsorm and I had a discussion about this not too long ago. Chun was initially never supposed to be a cop and was more or less intended to be an assassin. 

spacer.png

She also had some sort of hair attack at this point.  Maybe her hair buns held some sort of secret. 🤣

In the SF2 and Alpha series she had an attack called Gendenanstsushu  (Gen's Assassination Kick) 元伝暗殺蹴.

They've always had this sweep and they're named different things later in the series. Gen's is renamed Renge 煉疋 in Alpha series and SF4 but the look of it is still the same. Chun's is called Ryugakukyaku (Dragonbite Kick) 龍顎脚 in SF3

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The devs seemed to like the idea of Gen having a daughter or granddaughter apprentice with hair buns because they revisited the idea again for SFV and then scrapped it again🤣

spacer.png

Edited by bakfromon
1 hour ago, bakfromon said:

Here's some more new stuff from the video

spacer.png

Akuma has two faces it seems. One looks more like Oni than the other.

Maybe he's just wearing a wood oni mask, we have already a precedent with Oni having an alt where he wear one

Spoiler

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - Ultra Street Fighter IV - Oni -  Mixed Media - 1/4 - Summer Demon, PCS Exclusive (Premium Collectibles  Studio) | MyFigureCollection.net

Or maybe is indeed his face, guess is possible he can trigger a power-up status (kinda like drunk Jamie) where he goes one step closer to SF4 Oni? 🤔

I thought it was a wooden mask to be honest. It's too soon for Akuma to have a literal Oni face in his transformation. SF7 maybe?

Then again Necalli was meant to emulate Akuma. Maybe Akuma in SF6 will rmulate Necalli and have an Oni transformation?

Edited by Daemos
9 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I thought it was a wooden mask to be honest. It's too soon for Akuma to have a literal Oni face in his transformation. SF7 maybe?

Then again Necalli was meant to emulate Akuma. Maybe Akuma in SF6 will rmulate Necalli and have an Oni transformation?

Is possible a middle way, could be that Akuma wear it when going in a "Oni mode"

Just a theory

But watching the other Akuma artwork (the default look one) he seems have no mask/alt face, so i think it's just an alt costume aesthetic thing

https://i.ibb.co/j62K8NH/akuma.png

If she is his daughter then he had her before SF2 and that does not really complement what we know about him and Juli in SF4/5. 

It’s simply very strange that he would have a daughter at all. We know everyone’s kid back then. We would’ve known if he had a child. So this doesn’t make sense and isn’t supported by the timeline of events.

Perhaps naming conventions are different and that surname is common in their tribe. Maybe she is a niece, sister, or cousin. 

Edited by Daemos
14 hours ago, bakfromon said:

spacer.png

This one is AKI in another costume

Lol, striving to make her as vampiric as they can, I see.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Marisa alts

Those are FIRE and I hope they use them.

Well, Hershuar already has. 🤣

spacer.png

Manon alt

It seems we just can't have a French character without the obligatory The Rose of Versailles reference, huh? Nice alt anyway, always dreamt of using Oscar François de Jarjayes to throw people around. If only she had Manon's nasty throws (and even better, her Drive Parry!) when she led the Storming of the Bastille... 😔

D_b7gsdWwAQDnDV.jpg

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
14 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

I just wanted to make sure to throw in support for the official Luke fanclub that is building up. After reading him in the comic and seeing him in the demo now, he's an awesome character. Super likeable while still feeling like a genuine dude. What a bro.

As any Popeye expy should be.

A pity Alex (or Abel!) didn't have comics or anything else supporting him at the time, anyway.

37 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

As any Popeye expy should be.

A pity Alex (or Abel!) didn't have comics or anything else supporting him at the time, anyway.

I think Alex himself is relatively popular (29th in the big poll), modern capcom seems just inclined to ignore him

SF4 - skipped

SFxTK - skipped

SFV - shit model, extremely marginal story

SF6 - neither in vanilla cast, nor season 1

For whatever reason just Tatsunoko Vs Capcom gave him some justice lol

Abel... yeah Abel would have require a GIGANTIC operation to warm up people to him

He's the kind of character i want see in SF, but sadly current developers are not that much focused on the martial theme (see redbull vid them talking about judo being boring, as explanation for Manon getting ballet thing)

Given that i'm still happy they did a great job at chose vanilla cast, but on other side i fear cover current biggest holes (Muay Thai and pure Boxing reps) may be far from their priorities

At this point i think is good guess think we will get 3 costumes for every char, with third being $$$ DLC just like SFV Battle

IF the sketches all made it to final version so far we seen

Ryu - Default - Alt1 - Alt2

Ken - Default - Alt1 - Alt2

Chun Li - Default - Alt1 - Alt2

Guile - Default - Alt1 - Alt2

Zangief - Default - Alt1 - Alt2

Dhalsim - Default - Alt1 - Alt2 (likely to get a SF2 nostalgia one)

Cammy - Default - Alt1 - Alt2 (actually we seen many possible concepts)

Honda - Default - Alt1 - Alt2 (likely to get a SF2 nostalgia one)

Blanka - Default - Alt1 - Alt2 (likely to get a SF2 nostalgia one)

Juri - Default - Alt1 - Alt2

Deejay - Default - Alt1 - Alt2 (Nostalgia barely visible in redbull vid)

Luke - Default - Alt1 - Alt2

Jamie - Default - Alt1 - Alt2

Manon - Default - Alt1 - Alt2

Lily - Default - Alt1 - Alt2

Marisa - Default - Alt1 - Alt2

JP - Default - Alt1 - Alt2

DLC

Rashid - Default - Alt1 - Alt2

AKI - Default - Alt1 - Alt2

Ed - Default - Alt1 - Alt2

Akuma - Default - Alt1 - Alt2 (likely to get a SF2 nostalgia one)

What are the alts you guys are looking for?

Considering we seen already lot, so my list is not that long

Ryu: any cool no-beard costume lol, can't get used to that shit and Nostalgia is done badly (but will use it if no other option)

Luke: MMA fight night alt, similar to SFV default but less ugly

Ken: SFV default

Jamie: something very old school Kung Fu theme

Edit: thanks@Daemos

Edited by CESTUS III