Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Yea well we spent a decent amount of time calling them Japs while putting them in internment camps, can't be an American and call Japanese people Japs without getting side eyed at the very fucking least. 

To add to your point in my industry, some of the contractors and electricians call the cheap black tape "Jap wrap". I always side eye them when they do that shit.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

To add to your point in my industry, some of the contractors and electricians call the cheap black tape "Jap wrap". I always side eye them when they do that shit.

Probably the same kind of shit heads who say Afro Rigged. 

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I always light at the "You couldn't do that today" people as if those ads didn't grt backlash and shit back then to. As if the satanic panic of the 80s didn't happen. 

I fucking hate this rose tinted glasses horse shit lol. 

I think you'd be much more likely to have that commercial canned by walruses complaining about fat shaming today.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Camacho said:

I think you'd be much more likely to have that commercial canned by walruses complaining about fat shaming today.

I think it's no more a chance then it was back in the day unless the person behind the ad is a spineless coward and cowtows to them. 

Plenty of super sexy shit flashes across my television screen every single day and they don't get removed, ever. 

Edited by RSG3
13 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

God damn Inquisition really did come out 10 years ago...

Do people even care still? 

I bet some people are since it is Bioware, despite most of the people making the games everyone loved already left.

4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

God damn Inquisition really did come out 10 years ago...

Do people even care still? 

I doubt it. It's only anecdotal but the Bioware centric forum I'm was on dried up ages ago. It was really cooking during Inquisition. Honestly, I never thought DA4 would come out. I figured EA would have shuttered Bioware by now. 

20 minutes ago, Haldol616 said:

What is a good racing game?

If you don't mind playing old games.
NFS Most Wanted  (2012) and NFS Hot Pursuit (2010) alongside Burnout Paradise are some of my favs.
Also Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled is easily the best Kart racing game out there (but with no pc port for some odd reason)

5 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Something that I find amusing is that jap is a nono word on usa, but is the correct way to abbreviate the word japanese in the latin languages
We abbreviate japan/japanese as JAP
The same as we abbreviate my country name as HON, or El Salvador as ELS or Argentina as ARG.
With the Code COI being JPN and the aeronautical code being JA

I worked at a pizza place that abbreviated jalapeños as japs. There was a pizza that had ham, pineapple, and jalapeños.  It was called the Pearl Harbor (japs over Hawaiian pizza).

Looking back,  that was kinda fucked up.

53 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

If you don't mind playing old games.
NFS Most Wanted  (2012) and NFS Hot Pursuit (2010) alongside Burnout Paradise are some of my favs.
Also Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled is easily the best Kart racing game out there (but with no pc port for some odd reason)

Is NFS street racing?

Posted (edited)

Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:

About

Bloodless is a retro stylish, action adventure featuring fast-paced combat staged at the atmospheric lands of Bakugawa. Help ronin Tomoe to confront ghosts of her past to end the reign of violence of Shogun Akechi, her former master.

Key Features

• Precise Combat – Fight to disarm your old allies, Akechi’s samurai army, with nothing but your bare fists using Tomoe’s signature dash-counter mechanic. Enhance your abilities by drinking infusions of herbs scattered around the land.
  • Moody Environments – Explore the sacred nature and suffered districts of Bakugawa, where its society lives under a violent and corrupt military regime, isolated from the world and shattered by the terrors of its past wars.
  • Emotional Storytelling – Even as a coward and deserter through the eyes of her own people, ronin Tomoe returns to her former land after witnessing all the blood that a blade can shed, hoping to spark the hope and courage Bakugawa needs to fight back its violent political methods.

Get the first details below.

About

Meet the definitive remastered and enhanced version of the 3D indie platforming collectathon darling, Yooka-Laylee (2017), with the same key creative talent behind the Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong Country games at the helm and self-published by Playtonic Friends.

Marking the culmination of almost 10 years of Playtonic Experience along with an exciting new beginning for our favorite buddy-duo, Yooka-Replaylee is the result of the growth of the company, the things we have learned while working on other projects as well as the feedback we have taken on board since the original release. Experience the wacky colorful adventure of Yooka and Laylee with an art and animations overhaul, all new challenges, secrets, mechanics, and accessibility options! Our favorite buddy duo has never looked or moved better!

Key Features

• Spoiler
    • More Beautiful Than Ever – With an art and animations overhaul and enhanced performance and resolution, the favorite buddy duo has never looked or moved better.
    • New and Improved Challenges – Improvements to existing in-game challenges and many entirely new challenges to discover and undertake!
    • New Collectible Currency – Capital B’s inept minions have dropped their hard-earned coins all over the place. Collect the official currency of the Hivory Towers to spend on video games’ most beloved sentient vending machine.
    • Navigating the World – Now you can get lost in the game, not in the world! A brand-new world map and challenges tracker helps you know where you are and what needs to be done. Hooray!
    • Vendi Has Plenty to Offer – Tonics are back with all new flavors! With the option to equip multiple game-changing enhancements, you can truly customize your playstyle. And as if that wasn’t enough, Vendi has new lines of merchandise for the modern fashionable adventurer.
    • Revised Controls and Camera – A new tweaked move set allows you to combine moves more fluidly while the new camera controls makes framing the action a breeze.
    • A Dreamy Orchestral Soundtrack – The original score from famed video game composers Grant Kirkhope (Banjo-Kazooie) and David Wise (Donkey Kong Country) returns but as a beautifully arranged orchestral score. Now seriously, clean out those ears.

“With Constance we wanted to create a platforming adventure that does more than look and feel great—it tells a relatable down-to-earth story about overcoming self doubt and finding self acceptance,” said bildundtonfabrik game director Sebastian Drews in a press release. “We wanted to create something simultaneously wondrous and familiar, that our players can see themselves in. We look forward to sharing more with you soon!”

Here is an overview of the game, via bildundtonfabrik:

Featuring a paintbrush-wielding artist striving to escape from a colorful but decaying inner-world, created by her declining mental health, Constance lets you experience a constant state of flow via its paint-based mechanics.

Enter a 2D hand-drawn world on the brink of ruin where you must master the powers of paint! Transform into paint to dive into the ground and walls, slice through the air and enemies, and utilize an array of unique brush techniques. But beware: using your brush techniques will corrupt your paint. Rely on them too much and you’ll become fully corrupted, so learn to strive for balance!

Explore more than six unique biomes in Constance‘s inner-world, with each region featuring its unique set of enemies and characters representing different aspects of her psyche and personal history. Uncover countless secrets, multiple paths, characters, side quests and collectibles in this nonlinear interconnected inner-world. Become stronger by unlocking new brush techniques, defeating threatening foes, overcoming platforming challenges, and solving complex puzzles to advance your progress as you uncover Constance‘s past! Help her understand her personal struggles, unlock her creativity, and find her inner purpose.

Edited by AriesWarlock
Posted (edited)

So they've cut the party size from 4 to 3, apparently taken away full control of your other party members for a more Mass Effect style player wheel system, and instituted that same playersexual* nonsense from Dragon Age 2. Yeah, maybe they'll surprise me but I'm not hopeful.

https://wccftech.com/dragon-age-the-veilguard-features-companions-ability-wheel-for-strategic-combat-romance-has-no-limitations/

*When the party members want to fuck the player character no matter what. I really don't like this. Probably did this to avoid people crying about party members not sharing their same sexual preference. The most recent example is Judy and Panam in CP2077. Well it will hide Nexusmods hypocrisy at least.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 6/6/2024 at 12:50 AM, Hecatom said:

I would even go and say that even "5/10" games are worth checking, since they are just mediocre, and while flawed, they could have stuff that can be worth your time.

If the metric was objective-ish, a 7/10 game is a good game, just not a masterpiece.

Not sure how old you are but I am 42 and growing up, in school, a 70% was the lowest possible C you could get, and a C meant average.  

A 50% was an F.

When I am looking at review scores I tend to interpret them with that rating system versus saying 5/10 is mid and mid is average.

Posted (edited)

I actually prefer playersexual more often then not but understand why others don't. Not having it in CP2077 made your romance options limited as fucking fuck and it sucks....a lot. It's one of the absolute shittiest parts of the admittedly already shallow part of the role playing in that game. Really sucks that when I play my choice is basically Judy because I don't like River or Kerry (as romance options, they are fine characters) and Panam won't date me. So just Judy, a hot fucking mess of a woman. 

Dope. Just dope. Really great. 

Edited by RSG3
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Not sure how old you are but I am 42 and growing up, in school, a 70% was the lowest possible C you could get, and a C meant average.  

A 50% was an F.

When I am looking at review scores I tend to interpret them with that rating system versus saying 5/10 is mid and mid is average.

I'll 44. That wasn't my grading system at all. A 70 was the lowest D- you could get.

Dinwiddie County

A : 94-100

B : 87-93

C : 79-86

D : 70-78

F : 0-69

Well until, I moved half way through 9th grade. The neighoring county's scale was a little more lax.

Chesterfield County

A : 91-100

B : 81-90

C : 71-80

D : 61-70

F : 0-60

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'll 44. That wasn't my grading system at all. A 70 was the lowest D- you could get.

Dinwiddie County

A : 94-100

B : 87-93

C : 79-86

D : 70-78

F : 0-69

Well until, I moved had way through 9th grade. The neighoring county's scale was a little more lax.

Chesterfield County

A : 91-100

B : 81-90

C : 71-80

D : 61-70

F : 0-60

Yah my elementary school was like your first one but it was a private school and I think the "normal" scales at public schools were what I mentioned.  I know when I got to highschool it was just every 90-100, 80-89, 70-79, etc.

Posted (edited)

I just turned on Elden Ring to see if I had the stuff unlocked to access the DLC and I don't in my NG+2 and holy shit the game feels so foreign to me now lol.  It's going to take some getting used to the controls again.  It took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to call the horse again.

Edited by purbeast

The horse thing if funny because there's multiple ways to set the ring for use so it's not even like someone could just be like "Oh its in your Pouch" or something lol. Best they could do is tell you it's in yoyr inventory near the flasks and stuff lol. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, purbeast said:

A 50% was an F.

I am 41.
On my country the lowest possible score you could get before failing was 60%, the rationale was that they wanted a score above average.

For what I know, Originally the lowest passing grade was 55%, but was increased by the time I was in school.

Now, there were schools where the passing grade was 65% or even 70%, since they not only wanted scores above average but that were on the better side of the bell curve.
In the private school that I went as a kid, from 4th grade to 9th grade, the passing score was 70%, technically, you could pass with 60% but it meant that you needed couching, and if at the end of the year your average was below 70%, thye reserved the right to not let you roll in on the school for the next year, lol.

My university for example, the passing grade is 60%, but you can only graduate if your average graduation index is >= to 75%

Edited by Hecatom
Just now, Hecatom said:

I would never understand the disdain that pineapple gets.
It is delicious, and in pizza even more 🤷‍♂️

I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned this before but when I co-ran a hobby store we had a dominos literally right next door to us. Our staffs go-to pizza was pepperoni, pineapple, feta and jalapeño. It was this perfect blend of sweet, spicy and salty. 

we often time got our food for free too cause we fed the store managers magic the gathering habit . 😂

On another subject.
Things I dislike about SF6 on ps.

That if you buy the fucking game with all stuff, a different account on the same playstation only has access to the base game.

That none of the higher priced editions of the game have the 3rd costumes for the base roster included.
You need to buy them sepparatedly.

At least they give you the 2 costumes for the dlc chars, but imo, that is horseshit.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

The horse thing if funny because there's multiple ways to set the ring for use so it's not even like someone could just be like "Oh its in your Pouch" or something lol. Best they could do is tell you it's in yoyr inventory near the flasks and stuff lol. 

Yeah mine is hold triangle to pull up the other menu with the dpad and press up.  I just forgot about the second layer to that dpad menu.