Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

Don't think Haggar will ever be in a SF mainline game, no real reason, just a hunch based on everything since Alpha. And while I know that S5 of SFV wasn't planned, people were saying Gill would never make it because of Urien's Halloween costume. I think on balance, avatar costumes are far less significant than other actual usable costumes ingame.

10 hours ago, Sonero said:

Think Haggar is dead in the current SF timeline. Need one of the story lore nerds to drop some info.

He was confirmed not dead by the current director.

when someone asked about it on twitter this year

14 hours ago, JustBooming said:

Don't think Haggar will ever be in a SF mainline game, no real reason, just a hunch based on everything since Alpha. And while I know that S5 of SFV wasn't planned, people were saying Gill would never make it because of Urien's Halloween costume. I think on balance, avatar costumes are far less significant than other actual usable costumes ingame.

I was thinking that they will keep Haggar exclusive to Final Fight IP so that any licensing deal that want Haggar like merch and toys needs FF instead of SF

This is something that why he doesn't get an action figure even some toy company wanted him too

Edited by Shakunetsu

The only way we'll see Haggar again is either if Capcom makes an all-star title, a Crossover fighting game, or resurrects FINAL FIGHT 

There was a mention of a remake of the first game in the ransomware leak from 3 years ago but nothing has manifested since 

It's otherwise painfully obvious Capcom see Haggar and Zangief competing for the same spot in the roster when it comes to Street Fighter, and they continue to give priority to legacy characters from SF2 rather than give more chances to newer faces. It's also why even in Marvel we've had Gief not Haggar in 1 and 2, and when the latter made it into 3 the former was nowhere to be seen 

IV lasted for 7 years and went through 3 major revisions, they've added 4 FF CHARACTERS, ONE OF WHOM IS A GRAPPLER BY THE WAY, still no Haggar 

V lasted 6 years and went through 2 major revisions and 5 seasons, added another 3 FF characters, still no Haggar 

I'm not expecting him to pop up in 6 either. Fucking Carlos and Roxy have higher chances than him it seems 

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

While it's not a guarantee, Nakayama wanted Cody on the launch roster. So that gives him a strong chance to be in SF6. With one of the two main World Tour Hubs being Metro City, I still surprised that he wasn't in the base roster. 

I just assume they're saving him but I don't want to wait lol. I'd like to see a return to the Alpha 3 version of Cody.

I hope they up it to five or six characters for S2. Waiting a whole year for four characters ain't doing it for me.

On 11/3/2023 at 1:48 AM, -PVL93- said:

IV lasted for 7 years and went through 3 major revisions, they've added 4 FF CHARACTERS, ONE OF WHOM IS A GRAPPLER BY THE WAY, still no Haggar 

V lasted 6 years and went through 2 major revisions and 5 seasons, added another 3 FF characters, still no Haggar 

I had a feeling Sean and Haggar will stay in the limbo for good now other than skin. They could have made them an NPC

Man, I really dislike how this MR system has a lot of people acting.

I could understand if those at the top would be given a trip to Capcom Cup, some $$, or a Blanka-chan doll for their troubles. All you get is a title and a reminder that you finished the Phase as a "Legend".

But to constantly blacklist those who beat you...or come close to beating you, 1 and done anyone (even if they have high MR) who might prove to be a challenge, and spend most of your time calculating MR gain or loss, is some real Grade A next level fukk shyt. Truly.

I'd be lying if I said I never get tight playing ranked. My salt be overflowing, but it's never to the point where I'm doing any of this shyt for a trivial ranking. I just play the game. I'd rather lose the set than run off and keep blacklisting everyone.

"Legend" rank in Nov is nothing. Phase 2 literally just started on the 1st. The top 500 will likely look vastly different by Feb. Watching people play like they're scared to lose points already is a sad sight to see. If I'm doing all of that to maintain some silly online ranking, then it's time to find a different hobby.

Damn Hong Kong wasn't fucking around at the France offline Premiere. They have 3 of the Top 8 slots. Japan, US, and France got 1 each. EU got the USA treatment. Home turf premiere and the only have one person in the Top 8. More NA players made it to the Top 8 than EU players. If it wasn't weather issues it may have been worse as it kept some of the top foreign competiton from making it.

Side note: NuckleDu put on one of the worst beat downs I saw in the entire tournament to get into to Top 8 losers. I'm surprised he wasn't arrested for what he did to Mizuha. It was that bad.

SF6 Haggar 😁

Tried my best to fight off the fake-suit effect

The necklace was supposed to mask a bit the neck suit line, but it move in weird ways without covering much, so ultimately got removed

Gloves solve the hands showing at the wrist the suit line

Most tricky part was replicate skin color on the face (no base color match the suit)

Click to see full size

SF6-Haggar.jpg

My fav screenshot, Haggar about to piledriver a lion

Street-Fighter-6-20231107044547.jpg

For what's worth

Moveset

Spoiler

Base:

Zangief

Specials:

Zangief Double Lariat

Zangief SPD

Marisa Scutum

Kimberly air-suplex

Supers:

Lv1: Marisa

Lv2: Luke

Lv3: Zangief

I been looking through my download list over the yrs.

It's hard to believe I was once playing Arcana Heart for the story.

I was deadass Googling questions about which ending was canon and who had the highest power levels.

Now I'm Googling "why the fukk can't I Perfect Parry Honda's stupid ass buttslam?!" many yrs later.

I've come a long way.

Meanwhile ArcSys and Bandai are moving away from arcades with their franchises. Neither even mentioned doing a arcade port of strive or T8. 

SNK stopped arcade releases a long time ago too.

Sega's arcade business has been suffering since 2020

Capcom slowly becoming the last beacon of hope for fighting games in Japan if you're into the arcade culture still 

On 11/8/2023 at 6:19 AM, -PVL93- said:

Meanwhile ArcSys and Bandai are moving away from arcades with their franchises. Neither even mentioned doing a arcade port of strive or T8. 

SNK stopped arcade releases a long time ago too.

Sega's arcade business has been suffering since 2020

Capcom slowly becoming the last beacon of hope for fighting games in Japan if you're into the arcade culture still 

How I wished Capcom did that to UMVC3 bringing it to Arcade would increase its accesibility and familirities to 3rd world countries even they stop supporting it. 

SF4 becomes know here because of the arcade that it had manage to share a demographic to Tekken fans. Now Tekkens is back here that everyone here is just play Tekken.

Sega sold right? They turned GIGA from what i remembered.

Yeah Japan has becoming more gatcha and arcade using paraphernalia like card system, driving or using special controllers

Like most of the arcade left that still geting release like fighter are 4 player Gundams and those gatcha card DBZ 4player LOL

Edited by Shakunetsu
29 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

How I wished Capcom did that to UMVC3 bringing it to Arcade would increase its accesibility and familirities to 3rd world countries even they stop supporting it. 

Well look at the bright side. UMVC3 is on PC and its easy to run and thanks to incredible modding scene it seems as alive as ever. Now they can import custom animations and have the additional characters select slot resolved, UMVC3 fans will be eating good for a long long time. Side note: This trailer is before the custom animation solution was found. But its still shows how strong the community is for the game. The modders were literally getting together to drop mod with all their characters included.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Well look at the bright side. UMVC3 is on PC and its easy to run and thanks to incredible modding scene it seems as alive as ever. Now they can import custom animations and have the additional characters select slot resolved, UMVC3 fans will be eating good for a long long time. Side note: This trailer is before the custom animation solution was found. But its still shows how strong the community is for the game. The modders were literally getting together to drop mod with all their characters included.

This is amazing stuff.

my problem about UMVC3 was a waste potential on arcade version of a known title they wont become popular to countries like here

Philippines still has a struggling FG arcade scene than totally out because Malls are still popular here and big deal here.

Problem with indoor fighter is that few people here has PS5 or PS4 and they wont spend time on FGs for PC that they wont been seen they are more on showing of in malls.

And also internet speeds are terrible and expensive(converted) here than other asian countries regardless were most always online asian country.

so they get motivated to learn an FG if they can show off on Malls and interact with large community than playing PC in their home or online.

This is why MVC2, Tekken5B, TekkenTag1 the games are the reigning arcades then XvS, MVC1, MVSF, EX, KOF98-02 and that bootleg Sf2 are still familiar arcades fighter that everyone knows to play because of being accesible and everywhere haha. while the rest are totally forgoten.

I just wish UMvC3 had become big here in the past. it has potential because of characters but because of being more indoor base game it didnt

SF4 shake things up here for Tekken but SFV and SF6 are already dead on arrival here even both has good content than USF4 because lack of awareness and accesibility.

12 hours ago, Sonero said:

The way people talk about this game on twitter is way shittier than any convo on SRK.

Bro holy shit. Dudes are out here just trying to torpedo the whole scene complaining. Absolutely wild.

It seems like a lot of them haven't got the memo (both on Twitter and Twitch chat) that drive impact and Honda aren't what we are complaining about anymore. That's like a Day -100 complaint!!! 😂

So many people tattle on themselves, it's so funny.

10 hours ago, elliephil said:

It seems like a lot of them haven't got the memo (both on Twitter and Twitch chat) that drive impact and Honda aren't what we are complaining about anymore. That's like a Day -100 complaint!!! 😂

The funniest thing has to be that these would be the same people that turn around and say SRK was toxic. At least SRK had the culture of "Figure it out or go be a bitch somewhere." Yes, this lead to some people not being able to differentiate between just needing to vent and actual scrub behavior; but it is absolutely wild how fucking whiny the pros are on some shit.

Bitch you got training mode just like I do, figure it the fuck out. Then the complaints about a circuit htat never existed so they can try and make profession out of something that isn't.

🤦‍♂️