Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Guest Characters? In MY Street Fighter?

5 hours ago, elliephil said:

Just in time lol

Yeah, I like the change. They nerfed tap parry so you might be able to actually punish it now and it's also more susceptible to DI.   It's also going to be easier now to deal with fireball traps since the parry animation is longer you won't accidentally get hit if you let go a fraction too early.  

1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

Capcom pls where patch notes

They always drop the patch notes with the patch. So they'll show up during the maintenance period on the Buckler site. It's annoying but it's basically been how they've done patch notes since SFV. People, like myself, are going to spamming the Buckler site for patch notes tonight.

11 hours ago, elliephil said:

Just in time lol

Aren't you supposed to Drive Impact there so that they have to block and get wallsplatted?

Also kinda funny that they hit it with the "change" instead of just nerfing it. regular parry didnt' need more active frames, it just needed more recovery frames.

Might just come back to SF6 at some point. ASW kind of inherently makes awful games and it is getting on my nuts lately.

1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

Took you long enough to realize how garbage strive is 

It has nothing to do with Strive. Strive could've been great. ASW Designs like garbage.

People keep looking at Strive as if its their one design that got away from them. But it isn't. Characters on the same bullshit as older GG games; and honestly the characters that do the more GG/Animeish shit are the ones that end up being dumber long term. So no, it isn't really a Strive problem so much as an ASW problem. They end up shitting up their games in one way or another.

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

It has nothing to do with Strive. Strive could've been great. ASW Designs like garbage.

People keep looking at Strive as if its their one design that got away from them. But it isn't. Characters on the same bullshit as older GG games; and honestly the characters that do the more GG/Animeish shit are the ones that end up being dumber long term. So no, it isn't really a Strive problem so much as an ASW problem. They end up shitting up their games in one way or another.

Not to excuse ASW but it must be tough to balance a game with the mechanics of guilty gear and the characters built the way they are.  It's like balancing JP in SF.   And guilty gear has a bunch of characters that are like JP but on steroids - can't imagine that would be easy to balance.  

7 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Not to excuse ASW but it must be tough to balance a game with the mechanics of guilty gear and the characters built the way they are.  It's like balancing JP in SF.   And guilty gear has a bunch of characters that are like JP but on steroids - can't imagine that would be easy to balance.  

Its more of the "Oh no, who could have foreseen that this would just work stupid and then we wouldn't be able to adjust it?" thing they're constantly doing. In strive its a little bit more egregious just due to them not wanting resource characters to ever be shit out of luck; or soon when people realize that ABA doesn't really struggle to switch modes or get meter to get into dumb dumb mode.

Its bleh.

Imma be real, I don't know wtf any of these changes mean on Cammy other htan they nerfed projectile invul on the move whose only purpose is to be projectile invul. 🤨

Posted (edited)

Lol Akuma is hilarious 

One of his taunts causes proximity guarding for the opponent 

Another one makes him sit on the ground to eat a rice ball and it instantly fills his super gauge all the way to level 3

Also he has 5 supers 

1) shinku gohado

2) flame fists

3) face pummel 

4) raging demon 

5) vertical dive kick directly above you 

Edited by -PVL93-

I haven’t got to check all the notes yet but aki is definitely eating.

blanka getting od air ball nerfed is fine by me I didn’t use it that much. Cr.mp/cr.mk getting nerfed sucks though overall he didn’t get kneecapped so I’m good lol.

Anybody picking up a new character this patch?

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

On the very BIG plus side,

According to a tweet all cr.mk driver rush cancels start at 65% scaling. This is a great change. that's still a whole ass amount of damage from a low when you use this to close out rounds.

also capcom explaining the notes on twitter.

Do they talk about more character changes? I went to their account and only saw like 6 characters discussed. 

15 hours ago, Sonero said:

Aren't you supposed to Drive Impact there so that they have to block and get wallsplatted?

You could but it's also one of the most obvious things people try to go for in the corner. Basically a hard callout on tap parry.

As far as I can tell Jamie got good buffs.   st.mp +2 on block and cr.mp +5 on hit, those are excellent.  The thing that most surprised me though, is you can do heavy palm from point blank and it's still safe lol.  You used to half to space it perfectly.  They also buffed his drive gauge gains and sped up his SA1.  

I still need to test his lk. dp apparently the hitbox triggers more easily now so his AA might not be ass anymore.  

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It seems like Dee Jay got Nash'd. @purbeastis that the case? Looking at the patch notes gave me SFV Season 2 Nash vibes.

Yah I dunno man it's pretty disappointing reading the changes.  I have yet to play it and won't be spending too much time tonight.

But I mean like all of his basic tools for combos and shit have been nerfed it seems.  You can't juggle as much off of the b.fk anymore, his jump knee can be punish countered now if you are hit out of it, his damage is down overall apparently, and his upkicks got nerfed.  

I mean wow they buffed his level 1 super, which I rarely used outside of a combo, if ever, so I guess maybe that is why they did that.

This is all theory fighting for me as of now though so we'll see how it is after a couple session with him.  

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Deejay had a year long run at the top

But hey won't worry, the next balance patch will drop in June 2025, maybe he'll be good again, yeah? 

I mean he wasn't even at the top though.  He didn't win any majors.   Most tourneys I wouldn't even see him in top 8.  That is what I don't really get about them nerfing him so much but not doing as much to players like Ken, Luke, Cammy, etc.

But whatever, I'll either adapt or hope Balrog comes out this season lol.

EDIT:

And I'm not saying he wasn't one of the top tiers, he's in the discussion, but I just mean he wasn't like hands down far and away in his own S tier or anything.

Edited by purbeast
10 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Yah I dunno man it's pretty disappointing reading the changes.  I have yet to play it and won't be spending too much time tonight.

But I mean like all of his basic tools for combos and shit have been nerfed it seems.  You can't juggle as much off of the b.fk anymore, his jump knee can be punish countered now if you are hit out of it, his damage is down overall apparently, and his upkicks got nerfed.  

I mean wow they buffed his level 1 super, which I rarely used outside of a combo, if ever, so I guess maybe that is why they did that.

This is all theory fighting for me as of now though so we'll see how it is after a couple session with him.  

I'm not a fan of heavy nerfs in general. The Dee Jay situation annoys me for another reason. The other characters in his tier range didn't get hit near as hard. When they did get hit, they typically got something in return. I play Cammy. She, in Season 1, was the same tier as Dee Jay. She didn't knee capped. I expected Dee Jay to get hit more like Luke did. The nerfed Dee Jay's damage, tools, and reduced his combo routes. The latter I'm never a fan of. Why not give him a damage output nerf similar to Luke and let him be essentially the same character...like Luke. I mean characters like Akuma, Cammy, and Chun Li are typically strong. The last time Dee Jay was strong before SF6, I was a minor. 

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm not a fan of heavy nerfs in general. The Dee Jay situation annoys me for another reason. The other characters in his tier range didn't get hit near as hard. When they did get hit, they typically got something in return. I play Cammy. She, in Season 1, was the same tier as Dee Jay. She didn't knee capped. I expected Dee Jay to get hit more like Luke did. The nerfed Dee Jay's damage, tools, and reduced his combo routes. The latter I'm never a fan of. Why not give him a damage output nerf similar to Luke and let him be essentially the same character...like Luke. I mean characters like Akuma, Cammy, and Chun Li are typically strong. The last time Dee Jay was strong before SF6, I was a minor. 

Yeah man that is what I don't get and was trying to explain up above.  I don't understand why he was like the only one it just doesn't make sense.  I put Cammy, Ken, Luke, and Dee Jay all kind of in the same tier level.  I'd even maybe add Juri in that one or very close.  Yet Dee Jay is the only one who basically got raped.

But again, I haven't used him yet so this is all just on paper.  I don't know if his juggle stuff is really that big of a deal or not because it sounds like in the corner you can still do his "blow all resources" juggle combo, which used to do like 6k or so damage, but not sure what it would do now.  

It does appear that you can't do his ex sway into drive rush, b.fk, into heavy upkicks anymore, which sucks because that was a great combo to push them across the screen.  I am going to play around in training mode tonight though.  I have seen some new combo routes and tricks on twitter though.

I don't believe this was possible before these changes.

This is also super dirty and I will try to incorporate this as a mixup.  I don't know if this would work on punish counter or just normal counter but it could be a nice mixup to punish something like a DP or something.