Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 minute ago, GetTheTables said:

In some ways this is one the saddest things I've read.

Legit a patch would be kinda nice to shake stuff up. And when they start kicking out the rest of the chars it'll do the short term shake up thing.

But SFV is also 4, coming up on 5 years old at this point, and its not exactly the game I'd pick to play for years and years on end. No real CPT stuff also doesn't help as those were usually good for some spark.

I think what you said at the end is what it comes down to. I've played this game for yrs, so this feeling is normal. Starting to notice this with certain streamers as well. It's the burn-out.

On another note, looks like Avengers did pretty bad:

When I saw the huge drop in the player base, I already knew what was up.

57 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Maybe things will change once Dan is released.

You know it’s dark days when MS’s biggest SF killer is looking to Dan to liven things up 😞 

@Illwill88you probably know this, but I was messing around with Laura and her cr.hp is really easy to confirm. Ever since I discovered Nash could confirm his s.hp I always look for similar stuff on other characters. 

Range on her cr.hp is decent (for Laura), it’s safe on block, and the confirm gets you any grounded version of bolt. Medium bolt took a bit more concentration bits it’s not that bad. 

@misterBeecan you delete my accidental triple post 

Edited by Vhozite
Just now, misterBee said:

How often are these happening for you?

I will plan for a server upgrade.

Lol, I knew that would summon you. 😁

Just a couple of minor hiccups maybe mid afternoon. Really nothing at all, was just teasing. But I could see where if Vhozite ran into what I did you could end up multi-posting. 

32 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Lol, I knew that would summon you. 😁

Just a couple of minor hiccups maybe mid afternoon. Really nothing at all, was just teasing. But I could see where if Vhozite ran into what I did you could end up multi-posting. 

For me it was just no visual feedback on the submit button, so I didn’t know I was actually posting. There was no mini page reload like you usually get either.

Couldve been bad phone internet messing with me tho shrug 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

For me it was just no visual feedback on the submit button, so I didn’t know I was actually posting. There was no mini page reload like you usually get either.

Couldve been bad phone internet messing with me tho shrug 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Interesting. I've been on desktop all day and at least there the submit button disabled so I couldn't multi post. Not sure what it would behave like on mobile.

Internet can just be finicky sometimes. At least Megashock is massively more stable than SFV.

Conan Lol GIF by Team Coco

40 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

@Vhozite yeah st.hp is really good, cr.hp with Laura is good too I just don't ever use it. Actually that's a lie I use it when after ex clap and vtc shenanigans. But hardly ever in neutral. 

PS- you been playing any of the apex legends update? 

Lol I haven’t touched Apex since I skipped the last Battle Pass for being trash. I been keeping up with the updates and it seems like they went full EA on the Battle Pass so I’m still chilling lol. 

R-99 back on the floor with no volt nerf is another hard pass for me. 

Honestly I went back to Titanfall 2 for a bit, realized I didn’t like it, and I’ve been chilling on shooters for a bit. 

44 minutes ago, FlyingVe said:

If you want to simulate playing apex.

1. Grab four pillow cases

2. fill one with rocks, one with broken glass, one with bees, and one with down.

3. Have a friend randomly select one and beat you over the head with it.

Congratulations you just simulated the battle royal experience.

This is definitely the experience in the first few minutes. It’s also why I’ve always thought you should drop with at least some basic tools like a weak sidearm. 

After that I like the more organic and varied encounters you get than in arena shooters. You can sneak up on a team with their pants down, have a third party come up and shoot you in the back if your current skirmish takes too long, etc. The loot system also (theoretically) keeps people from using the same few weapons every single time, unlike in Titanfall where 99% of the playerbase has been using the same 3-4 guns every match for years.  

If these games could field more than 1 or 2 maps at a time and up the movement I’d enjoy it a lot more. 

@Vhozite yeah this will be the first season where I don't purchase a battle pass. I understand it's a free to play game but they're getting too greedy in more ways than one. Store prices are egregious 18.00 for skins?? 20 something for limited skins?? Halloween bundles started at 40 for two skins lmao. 

Overall I'm happy with balance, even though I know you absolutely hate the 99 lol.

3 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

Overall I'm happy with balance, even though I know you absolutely hate the 99 lol.

Saying it like this makes it sound like I hate it for the sake of hating it. I hate how super prevalent was before going into the CP. There was basically no reason to use anything else. It’s a bit better now that it has competition from the Volt, but I’m still skeptical. I’m afraid we’ll just end up in 99/Volt meta. 

But I don’t plan on playing for the foreseeable future so it is what it is. 

33 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

This is definitely the experience in the first few minutes. It’s also why I’ve always thought you should drop with at least some basic tools like a weak sidearm. 

After that I like the more organic and varied encounters you get than in arena shooters. You can sneak up on a team with their pants down, have a third party come up and shoot you in the back if your current skirmish takes too long, etc. The loot system also (theoretically) keeps people from using the same few weapons every single time, unlike in Titanfall where 99% of the playerbase has been using the same 3-4 guns every match for years.  

If these games could field more than 1 or 2 maps at a time and up the movement I’d enjoy it a lot more. 

The answer is Halo.

it always has been.

That's already happening I was watching twitch last night and multiple high level players were running 99/volt. 

I mean you're not wrong playing ranked especially you're doing you and your team a disservice to not have 99 almost lol. But then again I also see top level guys using oddball guns like a eva in tourneys.

17 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

That's already happening I was watching twitch last night and multiple high level players were running 99/volt. 

I mean you're not wrong playing ranked especially you're doing you and your team a disservice to not have 99 almost lol. But then again I also see top level guys using oddball guns like a eva in tourneys.

I knew this was gonna happen because anyone who’s played Titanfall for a few years knows Respawn can’t balance their games without limiting your options. For some reason they’re real bullheaded in the way they patch their games. 

Yeah I don’t actually blame proof or using the best option, I just want their to be good reasons to use other things. I’m not mad at people who play Akuma when Capcom made it so he overshadows Ryu and Ken lol. I just want Ryu and Ken to have a niche. Respawn can make really fun and unique guns yet they always balance their games so that nobody trying to win will ever use anything other than an SMG lol.

Edited by Vhozite
13 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I knew this was gonna happen because anyone who’s played Titanfall for a few years knows Respawn can’t balance their games without limiting your options. For some reason they’re real bullheaded in the way they patch their games. 

Yeah I don’t actually blame proof or using the best option, I just want their to be good reasons to use other things. I’m not mad at people who play Akuma when Capcom made it so he overshadows Ryu and Ken lol. I just want Ryu and Ken to have a niche. Respawn can make really fun and unique guns yet they always balance their games so that nobody trying to win will ever use anything other than an SMG lol.

Again, the answer is Halo.

Halo 5 anyways as far as the sandbox is concerned.

though to be fair to Titanfall, with all those super short TTK games, I feel weapon selection is less important.

1 hour ago, FlyingVe said:

Again, the answer is Halo.

Halo 5 anyways as far as the sandbox is concerned.

though to be fair to Titanfall, with all those super short TTK games, I feel weapon selection is less important.

Truth be told I haven’t played Halo in years. Have no idea what’s going on with it these days tbh. 

For what it’s worth I prefer longer TTK games. It’s one reason I prefer Titanfall 1 over 2.

The problem with Titanfalls OP guns is accuracy. Like you said kill speed doesn’t matter as much when every gun kills in less than a second. The issue in 2 is that all the good guns are hyper accurate while kills just as fast as their less accurate competition. Even the Spitfire, a damn LMG with an 100 round mag kills in 2-3 shots from a mile away because it’s more accurate than the actual sniper weapons. 

Edited by Vhozite

@VhoziteThe secret to Lucia's slide is that it is only safe on block, or barely plus on hit at its very tippy tip range. You can deny alot of its effectiveness by avoiding that spot.

Also, Lucia's cLP,sMP frame trap conversions are really inconsistent for a huge list of reasons I don't always understand. In fact, one of my requested buffs for her is to extend her cMK range by a pixel to resolve this. So, the payoff for hitting with the slide is usually not amazing.

Edited by FlyingVe