Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

Just now, iStu X said:

Finally someone gets it 

ive never liked this side of tony. ive been vocal since jump about this side of him. it dont even make fucking sense..like hes oked aew talent doin stuff with wwe like jericho for stone cold. or people congratulating cena. like if you wanna be petty fine be consistent...if you wanna be an adult you send a thank you tweet for what he did in the industry to even make things like ecw possible that helped him fall in love with wrestling.

i am absolutely just a wrestling fan and not a federation fan.

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

ive never liked this side of tony. ive been vocal since jump about this side of him. it dont even make fucking sense..like hes oked aew talent doin stuff with wwe like jericho for stone cold. or people congratulating cena. like if you wanna be petty fine be consistent...if you wanna be an adult you send a thank you tweet for what he did in the industry to even make things like ecw possible that helped him fall in love with wrestling.

i am absolutely just a wrestling fan and not a federation fan.

I'm very glad Tony stays on Twitter and off TV lol

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

Nah man. This is the pettiness I enjoy in wrestling. Tony has earned his shit talk after all the failed attempts of counter programming WWE threw his way

wwe trying to beat its comp is normal. Its tv. it just makes tony look like a child, if it was just the tweet i wouldnt even say shit. but he has a track record of behavior where he just be wildin. the fact he cant accept criticism on his product, has every fuckin excuse how its everyone else's fault. Takes credit for shit he shoullllddd never have. its just childish.

1 minute ago, HD-Man said:

Tony Khan a man-child, he really needs like a buffer to kinda keep him in check with certain things. Every since the shit with Swole he's been doing things that rub me the wrong way, he doesn't handle himself like an owner should, he's kinda childish 

i realized it was bad when he took credit for supplying all the women for the nwa womens ppv. basically tellin them it wouldnt have even happened without him. nigga...we pretending their arent major womens feds in america?

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

wwe trying to beat its comp is normal. Its tv. it just makes tony look like a child, if it was just the tweet i wouldnt even say shit. but he has a track record of behavior where he just be wildin. the fact he cant accept criticism on his product, has every fuckin excuse how its everyone else's fault. Takes credit for shit he shoullllddd never have. its just childish.

WWE doesn't try to beat it's comp, they want to bury it. There was no reason for them to launch takeovers, Evolve events on the same weekend as AEW PPVs and putting NXT against them when Dynamite launch. WWE clearly doesn't want to co-exist with another company on a national scale.

Tony has issues with taking criticism and not taking accountability. In this instance he is free to talk all the shit he wants.

2 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Tony Khan a man-child, he really needs like a buffer to kinda keep him in check with certain things. Every since the shit with Swole he's been doing things that rub me the wrong way, he doesn't handle himself like an owner should, he's kinda childish 

I agree.

But he's one year older than me and if I was a CEO of a wrestling company with unlimited money, I'd be shitposting on twitter all the time too about my competition. 🤣

The coke and White Claws would fuel me all day and all night long.

1 hour ago, Lantis said:

76c2e-16564144010694-1920.jpg

FWPP6j3acAAFBMd.jpg

Dude is literally the biggest (rich) mark ever

The one with Claudio is the funniest one for me.  Okada looking uncomfortable is good too but the way Tony leans into Claudio so he can hear his heartbeat is why people compared Tony's hugs to a kid being saved from a burning building.  

Also, WELCOME TO THE POST-VINCE WORLD OF WRESTLING.  "In the end, it was the white cotton panties that did him in."

Edited by Psychoblue
30 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Im curious wtf happened. But gresham being relegated to the embassy as the champ personally is weird. 

Also i agree on the 15 min match was kinda bullshit time 

Just now, Lantis said:

I'm guessing because his title reign went mostly under the radar since he:

- Won the title on the last ROH PPV before the hiatus

- Would appear in TNA and AEW but mostly in the undercard

- Drops the title to Claudio with like zero buildup

He won it but kept it alive the entire pandemic era. Traveled everywhere defending the title. 

Tna i wouldnt say undercard they def put respect on the title. 

From what I gathered, he carried ROH through a dark time just to get treated like an afterthought once Tony took over, then to lose all that work he put into making the ROH title relevant and lose it with zero build is most likely the factor

Apparently there's possibly a racial element too, as Gresham mentioned in an interview. So you when put all that together I can see why he wants out

I get Tony wants to usher in a new age for the ROH relaunch, but jobbing your long reigning champ out in an opening match for some dude you JUST signed wasn't the best way. Atleast build up the program first 

4 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I get Tony wants to usher in a new age for the ROH relaunch, but jobbing your long reigning champ out in an opening match for some dude you JUST signed wasn't the best way. Atleast build up the program first 

Unfortunately this has always been a fairly common trope throughout ROH’s history. It’s one of the issues a lot of people had with Gabe Sapolsky’s booking. Either title switching with no build or title switching to a new big signing. I see the benefits of it but there’s a lot of downsides too.

To Gabe’s defense a lot of the No build title switches were due to current champion signing somewhere and needing to drop the title before they leave. 

Gabe was also head booker of NXT until the 2.0 rebranding. 

Edited by iStu X

I was telling Grimm earlier, Gresham has everything but size.  He's 5'3" billed which limits who he can wrestle without it looking like the wrong side of an Abigail match.  I don't think Gresham should have popped off on TK like that unless he knew he had other options that were sustainable.  Now that HHH is back in the driver's seat, he very well might.

On that note...

Black Twitter seems to have turned on Gresham, apparently he was a dick and hated on other black wrestlers back in the day. Even if that's true tho, it seems he's learned from it by his past comments, he's essentially being shunned by AEW like he shunned those guys so he hopefully understands now 

That still, what Gresham said ISN'T wrong and he's definitely not wrong about how he's been treated since the Tony acquisition. Hope dude figures it out, he's a solid wrestler, I only just now got into him, don't wanna see him fall by the wasteside

Also, Tony seriously needs to step up the talent relations aspect of his company, way too many complaints about the lack of communication. Needs to hire more ppl to help Chris Daniel's out, Regal would be perfect for this position 

1 minute ago, HD-Man said:

Black Twitter seems to have turned on Gresham, apparently he was a dick and hated on other black wrestlers back in the day. Even if that's true tho, it seems he's learned from it by his past comments, he's essentially being shunned by AEW like he shunned those guys so he hopefully understands now 

That still, what Gresham said ISN'T wrong and he's definitely not wrong about how he's been treated since the Tony acquisition. Hope dude figures it out, he's a solid wrestler, I only just now got into him, don't wanna see him fall by the wasteside

Also, Tony seriously needs to step up the talent relations aspect of his company, way too many complaints about the lack of communication. Needs to hire more ppl to help Chris Daniel's out, Regal would be perfect for this position 

ive never seen black prowrestling twitter hate on him. ive literally only seen white dudes with dirtsheet reports cry about him or his height. like hes not even on fucking socials anymore and they go into grace's comment section to diss him

8 minutes ago, Maxx said:

ive never seen black prowrestling twitter hate on him. ive literally only seen white dudes with dirtsheet reports cry about him or his height. like hes not even on fucking socials anymore and they go into grace's comment section to diss him

The hate kinda started today, seems like it originated from the Keeks wit the Cheeks chick, since she started dissing Gresham I've seen it all on there now, basically saying he's a coon and all this is karma. 

And as for white dudes, that's definitely correct. They hating on him hard now that he asked for his release, not sure what that was about 

Edited by HD-Man
11 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

I don't know about the other stuff because he has a good physique and is decent on the mic, but come on, the man is the same height as Muggsy Bogues LOL

And he can't change it, so why waste the energy bullying him. Rey is short too, should the internet constantly keep mentioning it? 

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

And he can't change it, so why waste the energy bullying him. Rey is short too, should the internet constantly keep mentioning it? 

Actually they do.  There's a really funny meme of Rey standing opposite of Khali, Kane and Big Show with the caption, "I stopped watching WWE when Rey won this match."  Then it keeps adding new characters to the picture.  

1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

Actually they do.  There's a really funny meme of Rey standing opposite of Khali, Kane and Big Show with the caption, "I stopped watching WWE when Rey won this match."  Then it keeps adding new characters to the picture.  

I've seen that meme. You and i both know that isnt even close to what gresham gets. I dont even think that meme came from the wrestling circles.. I've seen it in muggle meme circles more than prowrestling ones