Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

The figure four?

I love how Reigns is this Final Boss type. Like he usurped the status from Brock and Undertaker so quick.

I really wished it was cena who won the rumble to put over Roman.

I mean with nbc all in with wwe i think we see cena and rock sooner than later

MMA Reigns vs MMA Moxley needs to happen

Reigns jumping in when everybody played a full game

Watching elimination chamber out of order should have reversed chambers.

Edge spearing Roman felt like the end of the show.

Edited by DrLariat

I’m watching EC right now so this will be updated constantly: 

Edge vs. Roman at Mania is trash. Especially if Edge wins. 

Edge gains absolutely nothing from getting the title. Roman gains nothing from losing it. Roman is on the run of a lifetime right now. This solo run is even better than him being the silent Heavy in The Shield. 

And don’t get it twisted. I’d be fucking pissed at any part-timer like Edge challenging Roman cause it’s fucking dumb. Just like how Goldberg challenged Drew. It’s fucking stupid. 

Ratings don’t go up with part timers. Sales don’t go up with part-timers. No one benefits except for the part timer getting that sweet paycheck. 

part timers and retired wrestlers need to stop taking full-times stars spots. Stay the fuck home 

god, fuck this wrestlemania already 

Riddle doesn’t even have a first name anymore. Why does he get a title? Also why did they make Bobby drop on such a throw away PPV? The match was good but still. At least Bobby didn’t eat the pin so he stays looking strong 

didnt really pay attention to the women’s tag. Didn’t really care. Bianca and Sasha have undeniable chemistry. I want them to be the top tag team once their solo runs cool off. 

Men’s chamber was good. Bobby Lashley attacking Drew was random as fuck and doesn’t make sense. But whatever. Miz being champ again is much welcomed. I hope this is a set up for Miz vs. Lashley vs. Drew as a main event on one of the mania nights 

Edited by iStu X
7 hours ago, iStu X said:

I’m watching EC right now so this will be updated constantly: 

Edge vs. Roman at Mania is trash. Especially if Edge wins. 

Edge gains absolutely nothing from getting the title. Roman gains nothing from losing it. Roman is on the run of a lifetime right now. This solo run is even better than him being the silent Heavy in The Shield. 

Spear vs Spear.  I want to see that stipulation added, whoever loses is banned from using it again.  

I told someone who only follows every couple of months about Edge winning the Rumble and Roman was the first guy who came to mind to him.  Spear vs Spear.  While there's no guarantee they'll put that forward, it is such an easy layup of a story to talk about to build this thing up.

Edge is not a part-timer and he has said that for a while now.  And I'm going to once again go back to the difference between being over the hill and just flat out washed.  Chris Jericho with his beer belly and midlife crisis is washed.  Matt Hardy getting knocked loopy week in and week out is washed, and I was hoping he'd stay in this manager role but it looks like he has a match with Adam Page and I know AEW can't help themselves to try and pretend it'll be a classic when it should be something like Michael Cole getting absolutely wasted by the faces he was feuding with.

Edge is still in athletic shape.  So is Jeff Hardy, Rey, Goldberg (though the jury is out on if his prime was anything to write home about to begin with), R-Truth, Dustin and Billy Gunn are still in athletic shape.  The moment Edge comes out looking like Jericho not giving a shit about looking the part of the main cast wrestler, or how Jake the Snake looked in AAA after he left WCW in the 90s on network TV I'll agree with you.

Dennis Condrey's finisher was the Skull Crushing Finale.  Cornette constantly says that Miz does it wrong and does it from the wrong side but given that it was a largely retired move until Miz brought it back, barring the very short time Jericho used it as the Breakdown, I doubt anyone knows how to bump for it "properly" anymore either.  

9 hours ago, DrLariat said:

The figure four?

I

Edited by Psychoblue
21 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I don't know if anyone else saw, but that Bad Bunny dude preformed with the 24/7 belt on SNL. 

considering the 24/7 title is just the WWE version of the Ironman Heavymetalweight title, at some point Big Show's mutant ladder will fall on some hapless holder to become the new champion.  

the Hurt Business making a deal with Miz to get first shot at the belt seemed like a rather obvious move and I'm not sure why some people thought that Lashley helping Miz made no sense.  Christian did that a ton in TNA by getting AJ Styles and Tomko to be his lackeys in exchange for a title shot that obviously didn't come as it became clear he was using them.  They're just speeding that revelation along.  

Also I really dislike transitional champs... Ugh.

Miz should keep the belt for a few months at least, not just be a placeholder for Bobby.

The hardon for big bodies continues.

This still pissed me off.

Squashing champions is bad for business imo.

As was this lol

1178f7021a909a751845d51220dff283.gif

Edited by scorp
7 hours ago, scorp said:

Wow. Just saw what happened to Asuka.

Nia and Shayna are the most dangerous tag team in wrestling lol

At least with Shayna you know it was an accident, Nia on the other hand....

Also yawn Charlotte, I’m hoping they don’t turn Asuka heel just to boost Charlotte again, but it feels that way.

Edited by Grimmjow316
13 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Lashley is on a tear right now. He should definitely got the belt. 

I’m fine with Lashley winning at Wrestlemania if they do a triple threat with Miz and Drew. 

in the 2 months between now and WM they need to push the shit out of the Miz and reestablish him as the top card player that he is. Make him THE heel for RAW. Have Lashley pin Drew for the title at WM due to Miz somehow laying out Drew

You could have Miz lay the claim he never truly lost the belt and that Lashley is only champ because of him. That way Miz stays relevant while having him be a thorn in Drew and Lashley’s side for a few months until he eventually dethrones Lashley via bullshit. 

In-Between the above happening Drew can lose his shot at the title against Lashley via a new upper mid or top card feud with someone. 

that way Drew can move onto something else, Hurt Business can go face gunning for Miz and Miz can become the super cocky chicken shit heel that Lashley finally catches up to and destroys. 

you could do the program I laid out until Summerfest. It keeps all the of them in the top card, restablishes Miz and Lashley as top guys and everyone stays protected 

Edited by iStu X
16 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Lashley is on a tear right now. He should definitely got the belt. 

Yea I was thinking... Why not just have Bobby have his WM moment against Drew? At least it will show how powerful he is instead of beating up on a small dude.

But I dunno.

On 2/23/2021 at 9:14 AM, scorp said:

And the only two good things about the Cody/Velvet vs Shaq/Jade feud are how hot Jade and Velvet are.

The rest is fast forward lol

Cody going to be replaced by big show

LOL aew old af

How is this different than when wwe does it

Edited by DrLariat
1 minute ago, Psychoblue said:

Chris Jericho was their first champion and there's only been 3 so far.  

Again, why does this have to be explained. It was a new company and he was the most recognizable wrestler to outsiders.

If he becomes a champion again, then yes I will admit AEW does the same stupid shit with old men as WWE.

You guys keep grasping and grasping lol I always admit when AEW fucks up and this ain't one of them.

3 minutes ago, scorp said:

Again, why does this have to be explained. It was a new company and he was the most recognizable wrestler to outsiders.

If he becomes a champion again, then yes I will admit AEW does the same stupid shit with old men as WWE.

You guys keep grasping and grasping lol I always admit when AEW fucks up and this ain't one of them.

I mean don't be sticking limbs out if you don't wanna get Light SPD'd LOL

But who else is Kenny gonna feud with at this point?  If he loses it to Page, there's not many options for challengers or runbacks under 40.  It's just an inevitably someone beyond that age is gonna run with it.  

1 minute ago, Psychoblue said:

I mean don't be sticking limbs out if you don't wanna get Light SPD'd LOL

But who else is Kenny gonna feud with at this point?  If he loses it to Page, there's not many options for challengers or runbacks under 40.  It's just an inevitably someone beyond that age is gonna run with it.  

You ain't SPDing shit. You're playing with an unplugged controller.

They will find someone to feud with Kenny. No challengers under 40? lol What the fuck, this ain't WWE.

MJF, Wardlow, Sammy, Jungle Boy, Ricky, etc. And whoever else they want to build up. 

Like I'm going to let you get away with your doomsaying again. You're so used to WWE fucking up, you think AEW is going to follow suit.

Imaging thinking AEW was going to use the subpar 2K engine for their game. Just imagine.

I'll give it to scorp here, Jericho was their first champ, but he was just coming off a championship run in NJPW and big angle with the list and Owens in 2017-2018. 

Jericho was old, but not irrelevant. He was always wrestling more or less and could still go. 

In the other corner, you have Goldberg being handed the belt for whatever reason.

I haven't seen AEW giving the olds the main event spotlight or title shots. 

BUT ALSO! Why the fuck is Sting wrestling and also taking a powerbomb for fucks sake?? 

1 minute ago, scorp said:

Don't worry, I'm sure your boy Cornette will have some sick burns on AEW this week regarding it.

I mean why wouldn't he?  If you're gonna get a name like that, at least have him for name recognition on the show you've invested the most time in.  Seems like a waste to do it for the B-Show of the B-Show, especially when said B-Show is online only up to this point.  

A role like that would be more for someone in the tier of a Charlie Haas or a Van Hammer.  But OK.  

1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

I mean why wouldn't he?  If you're gonna get a name like that, at least have him for name recognition on the show you've invested the most time in.  Seems like a waste to do it for the B-Show of the B-Show, especially when said B-Show is online only up to this point.  

A role like that would be more for someone in the tier of a Charlie Haas or a Van Hammer.  But OK.  

Putting Big Show on Dark will put eyes on the show. Considering his main purpose for being in AEW is to help all the young talent Dark is the best place to put as AEW uses that show as a testing ground. 

I don't see how it being online only is a detriment. Youtube is more convenient than TNT.

2 hours ago, scorp said:

Oh no i like this signing. But saying wwe relies on old guys while most of aew's top guys are former wwe guys and then you bring in nitro legends the giant and sting. 

Big show and jericho are doing what hogan and flair did in wcw except they are older than when flair, savage, piper, and hogan ran wcw.

Like i have no problems with older wrestlers. I still think 52 year old minoru suzuki should win the iwgp belt.

I want the Giant vs Shaq.

But i just think it is funny when aew stans bury wwe for having old guys in prime time spots

While aew does the same and most of their top guys and midcard are former wwe guys 

Also bet Big Show wins the tnt or aew title within the year.

I want to see The Giant squash darby 

Just now, DrLariat said:

But saying wwe relies on old guys while most of aew's top guys are former wwe guys and then you bring in nitro legends the giant and sting. 

WWE giving titles to old guys is the issue I have.

Or bringing in legends for one night for a slight ratings boost.

2 hours ago, scorp said:

You ain't SPDing shit. You're playing with an unplugged controller.

They will find someone to feud with Kenny. No challengers under 40? lol What the fuck, this ain't WWE.

MJF, Wardlow, Sammy, Jungle Boy, Ricky, etc. And whoever else they want to build up. 

Like I'm going to let you get away with your doomsaying again. You're so used to WWE fucking up, you think AEW is going to follow suit.

Imaging thinking AEW was going to use the subpar 2K engine for their game. Just imagine.

Actually the issue i have with aew is their roster beyond name indy guys is trash. Luchasaurus is ass.

But i maintain wardlow, cage, fenix, pac, are guys i want to be the champion. I do not care about age of performers. Archer is 42 i want him to murder kenny for the title.

If a guy cannot work like taker and sting, and mutoh winning the ghc belt pisses me off.

But guys like jericho and show still have stuff to offer. I just think it is funny they are doing what hogan did in wcw that they cited part of why they left

Darby is trash. Orange, mJf, miro, wardlow, cage, ricky starks, hobbes, fenix, pentagon, pac, eddie kingston, i likr all these guys.

Darby might be trash to me but people like him despite him being a garbage person

Edited by DrLariat
17 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

But i just think it is funny when aew stans bury wwe for having old guys in prime time spots

But they don't. Jericho is the only old guy with a prime spot but he hasn't been near a main-event since dropping the belt. Most of the other old guys are managers, Sting is a cheerleader for an emo kid. The old guys ain't put in positions where they take the shine away from the youngins

50 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Putting Big Show on Dark will put eyes on the show. Considering his main purpose for being in AEW is to help all the young talent Dark is the best place to put as AEW uses that show as a testing ground. 

I don't see how it being online only is a detriment. Youtube is more convenient than TNT.

No one is going to go out of their way to see the Big Show unless it's the Big Show in a ring, either cutting a promo, doing a match, or being involved in some kind of segment.  As a commentator he won't been on-screen very often which defeats the whole purpose of his appeal as the World's Largest Athlete.  

the idea that AEW won't fuck things up in the end in nothing short of laughable at this point.  We went from trying to change the business, to putting on a sport based presentation, to Dr. Luther becoming a regular TV character after hearing someone here saying he wasn't going to be outside of Dark beyond that Jericho tribute ep.  

I actually think that Tony Khan backstage realized he put Luther vs Orange Cassidy in a singles match on TV and said "Yeah that's not good" and opened the checkbook to get another coup.  In this case, it was Big Show.  I'm expecting Ryback to show up at some point as well.  

@DrLariatShow v Shaq was the first thing I thought when I saw this signing.  Shaq is not gonna escape the WMD that the Giant has been storing for him since 2016.  

Edited by Psychoblue

I just like referring to Big Show as the Giant again.

I caught some impact. How are they saying Hernandez has the power advantage over Cardona? Cardona is bigger and younger while hernandez looks like shit

Yeah how the fuck you put luthor on tv? 

Nightmare family is a waste of dustin rhodes. If any old guy should have a last stand type of run it is dustin not christopher daniels who is doing it all on dark...

Edited by DrLariat
4 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

Yeah how the fuck you put luthor on tv? 

Agreed. Please stop.

4 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

Nightmare family is a waste of dustin rhodes. If any old guy should have a last stand type of run it is dustin not christopher daniels who is doing it all on dark...

Also agreed. Nightmare Family sucks... Until QT goes heel.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

But they don't. Jericho is the only old guy with a prime spot but he hasn't been near a main-event since dropping the belt. Most of the other old guys are managers, Sting is a cheerleader for an emo kid. The old guys ain't put in positions where they take the shine away from the youngins

Cosigning this. No old guy has taken the shine off the young talent. Literally only elevated them. I don't like new Jericho social media wise but aew wise he's done everything you want from a great vet line him. He puts shine on unknown guys, willing to take falls. 

Every old guy is matched up with unknown talent to put shine on them. Help people who might be new to aew and recognize Matt, Taz or Jericho and see them support new talent. They aren't beating up new guys taking titles away. 

People wanna just be salty for no reason

3 hours ago, scorp said:

I don't think he's a bad wrestler... I just can't get behind the dinosaur gimmick lol He should just be a bigger caveman to Jack Perry's young tarzan.

Luchasaurus would be better if he worked like a big guy and wouldn’t talk. Him trying to do all the kicks and flips would be cool if done sparingly. That’s were the issue lies well that and having Marko Stunt on your team.

edit: As for Big Show I don’t have any issue as long as he doesn’t pull a Roma or Duggan during mid 90s WCW where they refused to help younger guys (poor Alex Wright)

Edited by Grimmjow316
1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

Big Show jumped ship because he was unhappy with his booking. His appearance in legends night is what broke the camal's back

https://www.webisjericho.com/big-show-was-unhappy-with-how-wwe-used-him-on-raw-legends-night/?fbclid=IwAR01NgxjlDedhHMnJ-WdamCJYiCUvdt7tS2HtB0gcmgWP9fmlsYBZ0sVctg

Can't wait to see how Vince erases him from history 

Interesting. Paul still respects his character in kayfabe. Unlike many legends before him lol

So glad Canada has NXT live again on Sportsnet. I haven’t seen a full live episode of NXT since I cancelled the WWE network years ago. 

And my wife is in school at this time on Wednesdays so AEW is recording on the PVR to watch tomorrow. 

oh how I missed Io and Toni 😍

Edited by scorp