Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

Otis should not have been world champion, they overbooked him when he was fine where he was as a beloved midcard face.  

Miz is a weasel heel so him getting punked out should be the endgame and I say this as someone's who's been a fan of the Miz since 2007 even when everyone on SRK was hating on him.  Him and MVP still being major characters are why I'll always trust my instincts about this sort of thing.  He could just as easily find himself back in the title picture again but he's a company guy whose position is secure.  If he was more forward about it maybe at this point they would have kept the belt on him longer but he's said many times that his motto is to always say yes because you never know what it could lead to.

As for Heavy Machinery, they could just as easily be put back together just like MNM was after their breakup.  "Sometimes brothers fight."  Tucker joining Gable's emerging heel faction wouldn't be out of place.

Happy for Lashley.  I remember back in the mid 2000s people, myself included, were dreading him becoming Cena II.   After he left for MMA we all made "Black Lesnar" jokes on TZ, and then his MMA career dried up and he went to TNA on and off.  This current iteration of Lashley is definitely worthy.  We talked earlier about ages, but as long as they a) look the part and b) can still carry themselves mentally for the part it's not as big of a deal.  For someone like Lashley, all it means is that they're smarter about the business now than when they were still rough around the edges.  

Edited by Psychoblue
37 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I just watched Lashley vs Miz

how can you get gassed doing a full Nelson?

god. Fucking dumb lol. Also lashley did one of the ugliest flat liners I’ve ever seen 

I know you don't want a real answer but from a grappling perspective.. Adrenaline dump. 

You get so worked up for a match emotionally, you actually burn your body out early. So that you get too tired. You go for broke and gas out whatever was left  in your tank rather than trying to refill it by surviving a bit for later in the round or in mmas case til you get a round break. 

13 hours ago, iStu X said:

I just watched Lashley vs Miz

how can you get gassed doing a full Nelson?

god. Fucking dumb lol. Also lashley did one of the ugliest flat liners I’ve ever seen 

Eh he was tossing miz around crazy in the full nelson. Miz is not a small dude and lashley never known for his cardio.

Chad Griggs

1 hour ago, scorp said:

Respect to Shaq. The best NBAer to ever lace up the boots. That match had no right  to be as good as it was. 

Loved him using the “Diesel” move set. 

Also Jade and Velvet are the hottest chicks in AEW. COME AT ME

I want jade to crush me in storm cosplay but only after I lick her abs 

Edited by Maxx

Dynamite was pretty decent last night.  

Tony definitely opening the checkbook big time after that Show signing, had to be minimum high seven figures a year if he left WWE over a contract dispute like rumored.

Punk and Lesnar are going to be longshots for this Hall of Fame worthy guy, safer picks will be Mark Henry, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Ken Shamrock or RVD.

Edited by Psychoblue

Pillman should join horsemen they need a young guy and muscle

I am for wardlow saying fuck the inner circle and joining the new horsemen

I predict christian is the signing

As for the ladder match it would be dope if it was aleister or andrade

Edited by DrLariat
Just now, Grimmjow316 said:

Was real disappointed with the finish to the Women’s tag match they should have made the switch. It’s dumb of WWE to go the route  of oh that’s a RAW ref when they have spent years not bothering letting people learn who their names are for you to care what brand the represent.

Maybe if it was RAW and SD but at least the constant accusations of NXT stars being buried when they move up to the main roster can be turned into an angle when a main roster ref shows up to cause shenanigans.  

It's weird they'd just do that though out of the blue, might be a mandate from USA to add continuity between the different shows on their network.  

1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

Maybe if it was RAW and SD but at least the constant accusations of NXT stars being buried when they move up to the main roster can be turned into an angle when a main roster ref shows up to cause shenanigans.  

It's weird they'd just do that though out of the blue, might be a mandate from USA to add continuity between the different shows on their network.  

I think they create nxt womens tag titles

12 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Good fucking God. Cobb is insane 

Cobb just playing with his nephew. 

I love that dude is killing it. Love when pinoys get some shine

We have possibly 4 debuts.

A tag team in the battle royal

A mystery ladder match guy

The Giant's friend

Edited by DrLariat
6 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Don't get me wrong, I love it, but this is bordering on figure skating or swing dancing lololol 

It's strong boy version of chain wrestling. I see no difference in this than if you got any technical wrestler chaining stuff together or a spot monkey putting flip shit together. It's just another aspect to the game and almost noooobody can do this shit. 

14 minutes ago, scorp said:

I'm just glad that AEW stopped the Canadian Destroyers after the IWC complained lol

Well now watch every match at revolution has a superkick party and thigh slaps

I fucking hate ciampa and gargano so maybe they become good wrestlers. Strong's thigh slaps on nxt this week were too damn obvious 

You can hit a guy and make a sound of a thud. The rings are mic'd for that

I mean kofi does no thigh slapping and i buy his kicks

Edited by DrLariat
1 hour ago, scorp said:

I'm just glad that AEW stopped the Canadian Destroyers after the IWC complained lol

They complained about the wrong move.

Why do at least 3 people have the Teabagger (that Alabama Slam back-to-belly driver) as a finish?  I've seen Orange Cassidy, Best Friends and Adam Page all do it.  

4 hours ago, iStu X said:

I hope Apollo Crews’s new gimmick comes with a name change. Apollo Crews has always been a trash name IMO.

Let him use his real name, Sesugh Uhaa or let him go by his indie name, Uhaa Nation. 

He'd have to make some kind of compromise to owning his name, find a happy medium like "Royal Uhaa" or something like that.