Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

24 minutes ago, scorp said:

Dude, the overhyping meme was so much fun for the IWC. I don't think anyone actually thought he could do what he did.

And then when we saw he could actually wrestle... It's amplified by 10000%.

WE ARE ALL 🪝HOOKERS🪝 GOING FORWARD

NxndLVd.png

I suspected he was prob gonna be decent but I didnt know he did am wrestling. I knew he was a d1 athlete... But evil Tom Holland got it 

14 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Brock still having a flip phone tickles me to death for some reason, it somehow adds to his current gimmick of crazed farmer hillbilly murder man 😂

What's crazy is the province he lives in, has the best cellphone plans in all of Canada because they are run by the govt.

Everywhere else we get fucked hard.

6 hours ago, iStu X said:

Jimmy Rave will forever live on as the crown jewel of the embassy. RIP Jimmy. 

Whenever I see Lance Archer I always think of the Rock n Rave Infection first.  RIP indeed, but I have to imagine with how badly his health was declining that the writing was on the wall.  

Here's an interview he had with MarkyD.

Edited by Psychoblue
5 hours ago, HD-Man said:

OK Gacy & Harland have my attention, one of the few bright spots in 2.0. Harland definitely has a massive upside once he moves past the Jason Voorhees gimmick 

Out of everyone there, the best of the lot are the New Breed 2.0, them, Raquel and Cora Jade.  I'm a big fan of Dexter Lumis but I wouldn't be shocked if he's on borrowed time. I remember Road Dogg saying Priscilla Kelly AKA Gigi Dolin of Toxic Attraction would never get hired after her tampon incident, but that was before Johnny Ace brought back his casting couch.  

Edited by Psychoblue
55 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Eh, reusing the same draw finish for Page/Brian that they did for Omega wasn't the best idea, especially so soon after,probably should've went with the DQ finish here, didn't ruin the match tho. 

I'll take the time limit over DQ. A draw is better than bullshit. It gives both guys a reason to want a rematch. 

14 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'll take the time limit over DQ. A draw is better than bullshit. It gives both guys a reason to want a rematch. 

The draw isn't the issue, the issue is they used the same finish not long after already doing it, and with the same guy (Brian) no less

Yall kinda overlooking my main talking point, I'm fully aware the purpose of a time limit draw is to keep both strong

And the dig at WWE is more about them being predictable using the same finishes again so quickly after another. I'm not saying the match was bad, but I personally did not like the reused finish and no mental gymnastics will make me change my mind

Hope this clarifies what I'm saying 

Edited by HD-Man
Just now, HD-Man said:

The draw isn't the issue, the issue is they used the same finish not long after already doing it, and with the same guy (Brian) no less

Yall kinda overlooking my main talking point, I'm fully aware the purpose of a time limit draw is to keep both strong

And the dig at WWE is more about them being predictable using the same finishes again so quickly after another. Hope this clarifies what I'm saying 

Again.. It gives dragon a weakness. 0-2 in title matches... He can't win the big titles no matter how bad ass he is. Thought he'd walk through everyone to the title

1 minute ago, Lantis said:

When was the last time you saw time limits being implemented in wrestling? Hell I don't even think they do that in AEW that much too either.

Time limits? A bunch. Pac vs moxley, Prowrestling Noah does it alot. I recently saw a match where their was a match with a 15 min time limit that went to a draw I just forget where.. But Def in the past year or two. Njpw had one In2021.  

7 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Time limits? A bunch. Pac vs moxley, Prowrestling Noah does it alot. I recently saw a match where their was a match with a 15 min time limit that went to a draw I just forget where.. But Def in the past year or two. Njpw had one In2021.  

The TNT title in AEW almost always seems to have a time limit tied to the match. Usually 20 or 30 minutes IIRC.

8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The TNT title in AEW almost always seems to have a time limit tied to the match. Usually 20 or 30 minutes IIRC.

That’s the equivalent of their TV title yeah? If so that’s not surprising. During most of NWA and WCW’s history their TV title matches were always 15-20 minute time limit matches. On the occasion there was a TV Title bout on a PPV I believe they’d bump to 30. 

I also wasn't a fan of the draw, but I understand why it had to be done.

It was either that or a DQ finish, a distraction roll up finish or a double count out.

I think this was the lesser of all evils.

No way Bryan was losing or winning the title on free TV.

You could say TK played himself into a corner, but we got a great match out of it.

1 hour ago, Lantis said:

When was the last time you saw time limits being implemented in wrestling? Hell I don't even think they do that in AEW that much too either.

3 months ago when AEW did it with Byran vs Omega. New Japan makes regular use of time limits.

I like the time limit. It adds an extra layer of tension to matches that run long. Every sport has a time limit. Why can't wrestling have one?

29 minutes ago, scorp said:

lol Jesus Twitter is really casual country for wrestling fans

Most don't even know that Brodie died.

Anything after Luke Harper left became non-canon to them, hence why it was so cool of the Fed to deliver multiple heartfelt accounts of him.  

Given what was going on in the world, it's also possible they were dealing with more pressing matters in their lives than keep up with wrestling.  

Edited by Psychoblue
2 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Given what was going on in the world, it's also possible they were dealing with more pressing matters in their lives than keep up with wrestling.  

You would think that. Until you see the exact same people in every wrestling news related tweet. The first part of what you said is definitely right, pure casuals.