Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

43 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I sincerely wonder what Samoan culture was like before interacting with black people. Like it's sides I tend to see super Samoan or super black influenced... No middle. 

I've secretly noticed this trend and only discussed it with my cousin. There seems to be no middle ground, I'd definitely like to know how this thing came about with Samoans 🤣

On 12/26/2021 at 5:39 PM, Maxx said:

Hook so over they gotta reshoot segments 

I remember when this was happening a lot with Christian during his twilight run with Orton, Bryan during his ascend up the card before the yes movement really popped off and during the build of Summer of Punk and after Punk left. 

It also happened a lot after AJ shot on the Bella’s and the “give divas a chance” chants were in every segment.

12 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I remember when this was happening a lot with Christian during his twilight run with Orton, Bryan during his ascend up the card before the yes movement really popped off and during the build of Summer of Punk and after Punk left. 

It also happened a lot after AJ shot on the Bella’s and the “give divas a chance” chants were in every segment.

It also happened with Christian at the end of his first WWE run when he began to feud with Cena. Fans were cheering him over Cena. The company had to pipe in boos and add Jericho to the feud to diminish the fanfare he was getting.

24 minutes ago, iStu X said:

It's more interesting because he isn't an established name yet. Internet culture rising into prowrestling is always an interesting crossroads. How do you approach, you wanna build him up but also don't hot shot him too early just because fans are into him. Also the potential is fans will actually burn themselves out before he gets a chance to reach his peak. 

38 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Lmfao one of these dirtsheets is saying wwe is droppin Covid testing 😂

I remember the last time this particular dirt sheet said that, Fox's WWE account stepped in the comments section and was like "Normally we let this slide but we're gonna step in and say 'shut your mouth."   This was around the time Tazz mentioned the sloppy shop (appropriately this was also around the time matt Hardy started taking unprotected shots to the head0 Depending how viral it goes, I expect another press statement denying it.  

Edited by Psychoblue
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm still trying to figure out how Veer went from being Jinder's lackey to the recipient of a push. Why solo instead of staying with his tag team? It makes no sense

Bruh. You know, I know, we all know that tag teams are an afterthought in the WWE. 

It’s all “CAN THEY CO-EXIST” and then they break up in a few weeks. Even if they co-existed fine. 

43 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Sleezy E just going where the checks are, I don't blame him. He isn't under contract to anyone, so why not? Neither company seems to mind it 🤷🏾‍♂️

Get that bag! Booker is right.

My friend has started watching AEW, he told me that it feels like MUGEN with how feuds are handled in terms of their length, like how quickly Punk wrapped up his beef with Kingston and overall a lot of matches that don't quite lead to programs unless you buy into the loose stable system or you follow the Dark/Elevation stuff (which is the equivalent of keeping track of Heat/Velocity).  He contrasted it with how WWE will always have a feature guy they build the show off of with period updates on what they're up to before their segment or match comes up which made them feel important.  

It's gratifying to see Miz in that spot last night because the SRK faithful may remember how I've been on his team since like 2007 when he joined ECW.  

Edited by Psychoblue

Whereas AEW may occasionally end a feud too quickly, WWE will stretch shit out for fuckin ever. I wish there was a medium but that said, I'll still take AEW booking, atleast u generally get fresh matches and not infinite rematches like WWE.

I do like Owens, Lashley, Zayn and Big E getting fairly sustained pushes and more screen time despite some questionable booking. More of those guys, please. AJ also solo again, Edge vs AJ or Owens are WM level matches I'd love to see

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

These apron spots man

Shit like this is why I’ve always had such a hard time watching Joshi. They’ll spend 30+ Minutes trying to commit murder on the other  with spots like these but the finish will be something dumb like a drop kick. 

Edited by iStu X