Stage Select

Gotta Find That Dragonball

20 hours ago, BornWinner said:

New poster for Super Hero

Hey who is the guy between Goku and Piccolo? Is that one of the new characters 👀

18 hours ago, Volt said:

I'm a much simpler man.

I ain't got time for these non-canon trash movies, get em all up and outta here. We need the anime to come back. It's been too damn long.

Toriyama wrote DBS: Broly. It canonized his version of the character and his version of Bardock to the series. Prefer the non canon Bardock from the TV Special personally. Although I have to give Toriyama credit, his version of Broly shits all over the movie version.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Prefer the non canon Bardock from the TV Special personally.

I'm gonna wait out a bit and see what Bardock pulled in this arc before judging tbh.

Unfortunately, reading this manga is like "How will they screw this up?" after Moro's bullshit.

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I just don't trust Toyotaro. The only way his take on the Goku Black/Future Trunks arc could be worse is if Kevin Smith wrote it. 

The Super manga straight up doesn't exist until the ToP ends imo. 🤣

It was a horrendous rush job. I'm still in awe at how horrible the ending of the Moro arc was. 

14 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Isn't toriyama back to full time writing? 

From what I understand/heard.  Toriyama creates a kind of skeleton  of how things should go and Toyotoro fills in the rest.  Same with DBS while it was airing.  They both use the same skeleton and work from there.  I think the 3 recent movies are the only ones where he had fully wrote everything how it was going to happen.

19 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

From what I understand/heard.  Toriyama creates a kind of skeleton  of how things should go and Toyotoro fills in the rest.  Same with DBS while it was airing.  They both use the same skeleton and work from there.  I think the 3 recent movies are the only ones where he had fully wrote everything how it was going to happen.

IIRC Toyotaro has far more input on the manga than he did the anime.

19 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

That's what I heard originally then a few months back I heard he was back writing... Around the same time as kishimoto unless I misheard 

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

If I had to guess, the Planet Vegeta flashback. They clearly clipped a lot from Bardock's arc. 

We need a directors cut if that's the case, Saiyan backstory was the best part. I'd buy it with the quickness to see more of how their civilization worked, neat seeing how not all Saiyans were warriors, some were tech guys, etc

9 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

We need a directors cut if that's the case, Saiyan backstory was the best part. I'd buy it with the quickness to see more of how their civilization worked, neat seeing how not all Saiyans were warriors, some were tech guys, etc

The script was cut down prior to animation. There may be storyboards but no additional footage.

39 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Lmfao he wrote in black saiyans with line ups and fades 🤣

That shit had me fucking hollering... With so many roles now we know they got a saiyan barber giving tapers 

44 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

If I had to guess, the Planet Vegeta flashback. They clearly clipped a lot from Bardock's arc. 

I don't have any doubt that something was cut cause you suddenly see Bardock fighting over the planet briefly before Freiza blows it up but it doesn't chronicle how Bardock even got to that point.  He's just sending his son off the planet from a hunch and then the next scene Frieza's blowing up the planet and he's just in the upper stratosphere of the planet with the other frieza soldiers firing at the death ball.   Feels like there's a whole chunk of context missing.

Just now, HD-Man said:

My head canon is Bardock essentially took almost the same path he did when he died in the old TV special. Him having a random hunch is odd, I feel like somebody on Freeza's team may have topped Bardock off. Would be nice to see Toriyamas version of his final minutes tho. 

This is pretty much my head canon on this as well.  Bardock launches Goku out and then events sort of play out very similar to the original TV special to lead up to that point where the hunch one way or another turns into affirmation and he's doing anything he can to stop it from happening.  Maybe whenever DBS returns they'll actually flesh it out more for the show.

The biggest weird writing choice in broly movie was to make goku more in line with superman. It was more or less a joke due to American dubbing making him sound way more heroic than he does in Japan but then they kinda went with it. Then went all in during broly making bardock less of a foot soldier and being more of a free Thinker which was super abnormal from the warrior class

On 12/18/2021 at 12:46 PM, HD-Man said:

Red Ribbon on that bullshit again I thought they were pretty much dead after Cell was killed. Finally, some Gohan focus, although he's using Super Saiyan again for some odd reason 

They basically made Ultimate Gohan a transformation in Super. So Gohan will go SSJ, SSJ2, and then Ultimate when shit gets real. Honestly based on this the movie title and what I've read it makes me wonder Gohan is the focus....no

Lm93KRM.gif

On 12/18/2021 at 11:04 AM, Sonichuman said:

Now with subs. Not that they say a lot tbh.

This totally looks like a Gohan movie. Also, Pan confirmed to train more than Gohan did in the gap between Cell and Super. (Yes, I'm including the Buu arc.)

Also, Goku was in Namek for... reasons? Blue grass usually means Namek, right? Oh, nvm, planets on the background. That's Beerus' crib.

Which is low key even worse for whoever is in there stirring up shit unless that's a shot of Goku and Vegeta training. 🤣

I'd love for Beerus to get some fighting time tho, man is struggle tier in every game he's in, he needs some new tech.

I really don't get how they'll spin evil androids as "Super Heroes" tho. This is definitely just another hook for Gohan.

Speaking of androids... I wonder if 17 and 18 will pull up on this one.

I'm guessing this takes place between Moro and Granolah?

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

Where is this movie taking place? Like why aignt goku punch this nigga into orbit 5 min into this movie? Gohan gotta defend his real daddy's honor or sum shit? 

💀

Looks like Earth. Goku seems to be chilling with Beerus, so that's why this is a movie instead of a throwaway frame in the next intro. 🤣

8 minutes ago, Maxx said:

LOL like yall gotta conviently write off goku, vegeta, whis and beerus for this to work. 

That's good tho, let's be honest, if Goku and Vegeta can't casually solo the fool, the rest of the gang is outright useless.

The weaker characters gotta get some shine every once in a while or they become Tien-tier. Super has been good with that.

22 hours ago, Volt said:

I'm guessing this takes place between Moro and Granolah?

Moro And Granolah take place some time after the ToP.

This movie takes place years after those events, since Pan is older.

Also, i would never understand why people get exited about Gohan, outside the Cell saga he has been useless 🤣

I guess is something about the english dub writing him different?

Cuz on japanese and LatAn spanish he is nothing to get hypéd about 🤷‍♂️

29 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Moro And Granolah take place some time after the ToP.

This movie takes place years after those events, since Pan is older.

Also, i would never understand why people get exited about Gohan, outside the Cell saga he has been useless 🤣

I guess is something about the english dub writing him different?

Cuz on japanese and LatAn spanish he is nothing to get hypéd about 🤷‍♂️

Gohan is just waisted potential. He surpasses everyone at 11 and then literally does nothing afterwards. It's a waste. Plus the rationale for him not training at all makes zero sense. No one says he has to be Goku. Training is not an all or nothing proposition. He doesn't have to train as hard to get the same gains as Vegeta & Goku in the first place. 

Side note: Based on Pan's age, she's three in Super Hero, this movie's exactly one year before the End of Z. Goten and Trunks better be fucking grown if/when they appear. 

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Gohan is just waisted potential. He surpasses everyone at 11 and then literally does nothing afterwards. It's a waste. Plus the rationale for him not training at all makes zero sense. No one says he has to be Goku. Training is not an all or nothing proposition. He doesn't have to train as hard to get the same gains as Vegeta & Goku in the first place. 

Side note: Based on Pan's age, she's three in Super Hero, this movie's exactly one year before the End of Z. Goten and Trunks better be fucking grown if/when they appear. 

The problem is that Gohan outside the Cell Saga has only been about "potential", in that someone sees he has it and unlocks it for him.

In a series where the main char(s) for the most part get their power ups via training, he has always been (outside the cell saga) the one to get a free ride.

Even on the Cell saga where he was at the peak of usefulness he was acting like a bitch that only started to go ham until 16 died.

And while yes he "surpassed" everyone there, it was a new transformation that as we saw, Goku and Vegeta would obviously attain at a latter point in time, since they wouldn't allow themselves to not attain it.

And for what we saw on the arc, Gohan only surpassed Goku until he attained the ssj2 form, before that he was still way weaker than him, but very likely more powerful than Vegeta.

Gohan is an inconsistent bitch who is more well-known by now for being washed.

I can't even call him a wasted character because there was no character to waste. He varies wildly depending on what saga you're reading.

Toriyama treats this character's fans like this:

Spoiler

Spit_on_kid.gif

More importantly, the new Super chapter is alright. Where's the damn anime?

Edited by Volt
  • 2 weeks later...

@Wellman I agree with you. When I first saw the poster, the way it was designed, it looked like Gohan would be the lead but I refused to believe it. However, the person reporting it has really good track record. So I'm at least willing to consider it's a possibility.  won't believe it until the movie out, I've seen it, and I've pinched myself to make sure I didn't dream the whole thing 😉

On 12/19/2021 at 1:31 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

They basically made Ultimate Gohan a transformation in Super. So Gohan will go SSJ, SSJ2, and then Ultimate when shit gets real. Honestly based on this the movie title and what I've read it makes me wonder Gohan is the focus....no

Lm93KRM.gif

Ultimate Gohan is only a transformation in the games. DBS showed that Gohan is stronger in SSJ because "Ultimate" is just his latent power brought out in his base form, and SSJ is a multiplier of that. Goku asked him about this, and Gohan said he wanted to pursue strength using his humanity as well as his Saiyan background, which is why he doesn't go gold.

Glad to see that's changed in this movie and he's going super again.

21 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Read somewhere that they think this is technically where future Gohan would be in the timeline when he fought the androids 

Yeah it is based on Pan's age in the movie. She's 3. Trunks should be the same age as he was in the Future Time Line. He shouldn't look like a child anymore. We'll see.

18 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Ultimate Gohan is only a transformation in the games. DBS showed that Gohan is stronger in SSJ because "Ultimate" is just his latent power brought out in his base form, and SSJ is a multiplier of that. Goku asked him about this, and Gohan said he wanted to pursue strength using his humanity as well as his Saiyan background, which is why he doesn't go gold.

Glad to see that's changed in this movie and he's going super again.

That's not true. Super has always shown that Ultimate Gohan is his strongest form. He lost the ability to tap into the Ulimate form but could still go SSJ. He had to train with Piccolo to re-access that form. When maxed out in his fight against his father in SSB, he was in his ultimate form. He went base, SSJ, SSJ2, then Ultimate. Then Goku bopped him with SSB+Kaioken. That's when he told Goku that he wanted get stronger in his own way, without God Ki.