Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

28 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Sad, I really enjoyed his videos. 😞

I had to give away my comic books when I came to America.

Five years ago, when I first moved here, I gave away the comic books that I had collected and preserved in mint condition. I made sure never to reread any issue or volume more than three times in the interest of preserving them. I had intended to give them to my son (I do not want kids, but I wanted to plan for if I had any). I had collected comics for my entire life - 16 years - and when I found out that I was leaving for America, I had to get rid of my favorite stories. I gave them away to charity, because every issue was one that I bought myself after saving for a long time. I fought for every single page I read, and I wanted someone else to never have to work as hard as I did to consume my favorite stories.

When I arrived here, I vowed to never buy physical comics again. I have still kept that promise. I didn't want to ever have to deal with that emotional pain again, and I had quit comics entirely. That was Comicstorian that brought me back. It was Comicstorian that first put Gwenpool on the map for me, and hers was my favorite serialization for a while! Comicstorian kept me engaged with superheroes and the stories that continue to define a lot of us. He was the best, and his silly voiceovers were always a highlight of every release cycle for me.

It was recently that he said that Comicstorian (the channel) was going through tough times. He acknowledged the criticisms that the creators were facing and explained that they were doing content releases the way that they were because it's what got clicks and views, and that it was the only way to sustain the channel. He said he had a retirement fund of some sort, and that, if it comes to it, he may have to close down the channel and live out his life. His audience was happy with that, and he got a lot of support. If the tweet is true and not some dark Twitter hacker, then his family might be ok. Them maintaining the channel wouldn't be disrespectful to him. From beyond the grave, he would be taking care of them, and from years of watching him, I know that his partner is right and that he'd want the channel to keep running. He came off as a great brother and a great family man, and for those that care, he was a veteran as well.

Comics are important to me. I'm still reading them, and I would have stopped if he hadn't made them fun again.

Excelsior, brother.

Of course....

I wonder how close our society is to vigilantism becoming a major thing out of necessity, since the actual justice system has become such a weak embarrassing joke with bitch-made DAs that seem to like looking the other way in certain cases.... would be funny to watch people like that find out about "street justice" the hard way at some point.

Edited by MillionX

If there are any stationary nerds out there, what do you use on a daily basis?

I journal daily and as a former pen buff, I have taken the redpill and accepted that the beauty of functional and durable tools exceeds the aesthetic beauty of expensive and proprietary pen systems.

11 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

If there are any stationary nerds out there, what do you use on a daily basis?

I journal daily and as a former pen buff, I have taken the redpill and accepted that the beauty of functional and durable tools exceeds the aesthetic beauty of expensive and proprietary pen systems.

I used to write with high quality graphite pencils back in high school. My printing is laser accurate.

Edited by Haldol616

2 quick and dirty casting calls in one post.

Jardiance 2 commercial....

Zatalcon as Fat white girl

Optimus124 as non threatening black office manager 

Angelpalm/Andy Samberg fusion dance as Food delivery guy 

Part the second....

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Chadouken as Indiana Jones 

Matriarch as Willie Scott

Shakunetsu as Short Round

Dangerous J as Mola Ram

B Tier Bison as Lao Che

Lantis as Big Thuggee Overseer

Dayan as Maharajah Zalim Singh

SWBeta as chilled Monkey brains

Edited by DangerousJ
On 6/7/2024 at 8:30 PM, DangerousJ said:

The Macross Plus ultimate Edition Bluray will release on October 1 for the low price of $190.

It comes with both ova and movie versions, an art book/cards.

I hope they will do a standard edition afterwards, but who knows.

Not sure how I missed this one. From the looks of it, it doesn't have a Steelbook case. Which translates into DO NOT WANT. . . .

On 6/7/2024 at 5:30 PM, DangerousJ said:

The Macross Plus ultimate Edition Bluray will release on October 1 for the low price of $190.

It comes with both ova and movie versions, an art book/cards.

I hope they will do a standard edition afterwards, but who knows.

No OST? For what they’re asking, it should’ve been included. Would’ve been nice to relax to The Borderline.