Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

28 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I'd be beyond pissed. 

As someone who has worked for both food services AND tips plenty of times, this cunt is well beyond what I have patience for. Perfect example of your typical douche who thinks everyone always owes them a bigger tip. Or even a tip at all. 

8 dollars is a bigger tip than I've ever even seen working Doordash. A lot of people don't even tip at all (and I don't blame them, Doordash drivers are fucking trash as you can clearly see in this video). 

And she wants the dude to come outside face to face (I guess fuck social distancing over your $8 right?)  just so she can act like she gonna do something. Just wow man. 

Entitled shitheads like this are exactly why I'm happy to be out of the service industry. Never once had an actual customer piss me off as much as some of my co-workers would with this shitty attitude that everything is owed to them. 

7 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Entitled shitheads

She's also just a fucking idiot. 

Or maybe I am, cause I haven't worked a delivery service, but I assume that it works like ride shares. You elect to pick up, and you only get orders that are near you. So you drive 30 minutes to deliver this food; now you're 3 minutes from a new order. 

11 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

I debate getting ring...I mean nothing happens in my neighborhood Buuuuuut...in case it does...

Now that you've put the jinx on it, you have to get it.  If you don't do it, some fat bitch is gonna run off with your XBOX games and shit.

EDIT:  Paging: @MillionX

I hope tyrese sees this and learns from it. 

Edited by Deadly_Raver

I haven't gotten mine either, which is strange since I got mine through direct deposit last year without issue. I haven't moved or changed my bank info.

I did not use TurboTax.

Jan. 15 is the deadline to get it. I guess after that we have to mark recovery rebate option on the 2021 1040 form.

Edited by DangerousJ

And I've already used mine to replace the rear windshield on my car. Previous owner had the bright idea of tinting the rear glass and its bubbling. So I can either have it removed, risk damaging the rear defroster, and potentially have to replace the glass or just replace the glass. $460 down the drain that doesn't feel bad now that it's paid for by my stimulus check 😉

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

Why would using TurboTax make any difference?

Animated GIF

From what I've gathered, there's a big chunk of TurboTax and H&R Block users that are getting hosed. The IRS hasn't given anyone any explanation why. They've also been putting the money in the wrong bank accounts, so I'm guessing it was some sort of fuck up on the IRS's side and they aren't saying anything. Only people that used these two services aren't getting a check if they qualify IIRC, even if they got one the first time around (like me!!). 

And it's not everyone who used TT or HRB, only a percentage. 

I have to claim it on my tax return, so if I do my taxes as soon as I get my W2, I might get a whiff of that money in March or April with how bogged down the IRS is right now. 

Also, my work just switched to a whole new system and no one knows when 2020 W2s will be available. 

9 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Animated GIF

From what I've gathered, there's a big chunk of TurboTax and H&R Block users that are getting hosed. The IRS hasn't given anyone any explanation why. They've also been putting the money in the wrong bank accounts, so I'm guessing it was some sort of fuck up on the IRS's side and they aren't saying anything. Only people that used these two services aren't getting a check if they qualify IIRC, even if they got one the first time around (like me!!). 

And it's not everyone who used TT or HRB, only a percentage. 

I have to claim it on my tax return, so if I do my taxes as soon as I get my W2, I might get a whiff of that money in March or April with how bogged down the IRS is right now. 

Also, my work just switched to a whole new system and no one knows when 2020 W2s will be available. 

Man, Incle Sam sure as shit doesn't give up when you owe him, but when you're trying to get money he owes you....

6 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Man, Incle Sam sure as shit doesn't give up when you owe him

Yeah, it's a bitch. And under the current tax plan, if me or my wife get any type of raise next year (unless it's HUGE) we're going to get totally fucked next year. We're at the top of our bracket, and if we cross that line we'll get boned so incredibly hard that we'll probably end up bring home a good chunk less. 

4 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Yeah, it's a bitch. And under the current tax plan, if me or my wife get any type of raise next year (unless it's HUGE) we're going to get totally fucked next year. We're at the top of our bracket, and if we cross that line we'll get boned so incredibly hard that we'll probably end up bring home a good chunk less. 

Do you guys go to an accountant? It made a huge difference for me, my guy helped me figure out write offs I never even thought about. 

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Why would using TurboTax make any difference?

The short of it is: if you opted to get your tax refund last year as an H&R Block or Turbo Tax debit card the IRS stimulus program they’re using automatically assumes you’d want it sent to that debit card you received.

The problem is, once that tax return debit card is spent it ceases to exist. So the IRS is essentially trying to send the money to somewhere that doesn’t exist 

there are other reason but this is the most concurrent reason as to why. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

My mom does my taxes. I need to learn to do them on my own. I'm spoiled. She worked in budget for 35 years, so I trust her. Every time I turn around, someone seems to be getting screwed by their tax guy.

Honestly unless it's a really complex one, which is rare, you're better off just using something like turbotax.

The one thing Trump did right was increase the standard deduction and cut out most of the general deductions.

You should use a CPA for your business, and probably as a contractor too. But if you're just regular employee, it really doesn't matter much.

I think for 2020, considering COVID, they should increase the standard deduction even more, get it to around $15-20k. And maybe keep it going forward that way. IMO nobody that makes under say $40k should be paying taxes anyway.

• misterBee changed the title to The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition