Stage Select

The King of Fighters: Official Series Thread

3 hours ago, Volt said:

Ok, I'mma keep it real simple cause you know what I'm about.

How's the Story mode? I deadass never actually beat 13's because the text is slow as molasses and if you so much as breathe on a button it skips the whole cutscene.

This is the one factor between me getting this game or not, idgaf about netcode. 🤣

basic arcade ladder, the story this time around is not the best,  one one end hopefully this ain't the end of it because it would be extremely underwhelming as a saga, on the other hand I wouldn't be opposed to killing it here because I don't like this arc so far.
as per reward, your usual wholesome endings and a whole bunch of custom teams that make you unlock old music and 1 panel ending illustration stories.

in other news Kula Primer is here and this time is done right

https://challonge.com/p4s6gnss

Edited by ZioSerpe

There we go, mostly accurate patch notes video.

If I got something wrong let me know.

I know I didn't get the Yashiro Jet Counter juggle thing, but in my defense that change is assigned to the wrong move in the patch notes document.

I just recorded and added a short video showing the Yashiro change I misinterpreted  (let's put it like that).
It's unlisted but it shows as a card during the Yashiro section of the video

Edited by ZioSerpe
16 hours ago, Reticently said:

Holy crap, that's a huge video.  Gott admire your dedication!

a guy called Dandy J also did an 8 hours video about it.
We could have both done 2 hours video and be wrong about a lot of stuff and skip a lot of  stuff, but clearly we care about being correct unlike someone else

anyway I did Billy, he sucks

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Hecatom said:

So, I am trying to unlock the ost's in dj station.
But I am having issues with kof 2001, supposedly is with Kyo, Krohene, Angel, but it didn't unlock anything.

It's Ryo, not Kyo, it's bike lovers.
spacer.png

Edited by ZioSerpe

Testing out XV. Dunno if I'll actually keep it, Climax supers tank my framerate and I hear the matchmaking straight up doesn't work.

Elisabeth can do 999 damage with Raw Max, St. HP > F.LP > 623HP > 23663214P > 236236PP > Climax. No, not a ToD. 999 damage. I dunno how to write any combo notations anymore either.

I'm so fuckin salty. 🤣

Her toolkit looks a lot better, but on the other hand, the lack of hitstop on her DP juggles is messing me up and I miss the light effects on her HP buttons.

Vanessa deals no damage from what I can tell and apparently she lost HP Upper > LP Upper. Sad. 

Rugal is still cool af. Really digging his Vanishing Rush special and Genocide Cutter does almost a super's worth of damage.

Geese is cool, but apparently I actually need a brain to play him. Fuck that.

@ZioSerpewill probably yell at me for being wrong on half of these notes or at least for not adding a LP DP on that Liz combo so it kills. idgaf tho. 🤣

I'll probably mess around with the Story mode later.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll put this here given what the game is

https://matcherino.com/tournaments/75196/overview I'm running a Matcherino League for Neogeo Battle Coliseum on Fightcade 2. NGBC has rollback netcode and there will be several ranbats leading into a season finale where players will play for the final pot and medals that Ill mail off to those who make it to the final event.

I remember years ago being approached at Fall Classic with people talking about how much they love this game. Here's your chance to show it. The VODs will be uploaded to NYCFurby on youtube.

The first event is this Sunday, July 10th at 3 PM EST. You can check in the Fightcade 2 lobby at that time. I'll be streaming it on twitch at psychoblue9

May be an anime-style image of text

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all!

This might be a little strange but I've come into possession of a reprint copy of King of Fighters RX2001 End of NESTs manhua. I have never been able to find scans of this manhua online anywhere and I believe they might simply not exist. The manhua had an extremely limited release as a convention exclusive and was a follow-up to the RX series (which IS scanned online).

I don't want this part of KOF history to disappear. I didn't know if there were any KOF lore/history fans around that might have the access, interest and capability to scan the manhua so as to preserve it. I actually have 2 copies of it so I'm happy to ship one of the copies over so that it can be scanned for more people to have access to and enjoy. If anyone wants to, please just message me and I'll arrange to ship it out.

On 9/30/2022 at 12:57 AM, YagamiFire said:

To clarify

https://snk.fandom.com/wiki/The_King_of_Fighters_RemiX

This is the series I am talking about. Project '00 is readily available and scanned online various places but "End of NESTs" has been a phantom I've been chasing for YEARS so I'm fairly confident it is not scanned anywhere (though I could be wrong).

Bookmarked and saved. 
I really appreciate your efforts and preserving this 

Meanwhile, 

I've been long overdue for a video. Here it goes: But, some people here may need some popcorn. 

So put this on your television or laptop. Watch while doing some chores, cooking, or if you're just in search for some online KOFXV matches and interactions. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Official trailer featuring Goenitz.

Hopefully they will followup

I dont think bring playable Orochi is a good idea, likely they go for Krizalid but it kinda feel off too even his popular too

I hope they go with either Shion, Shin Mr Karate or Two-in-one character like Choi with Chang

Shocking would go with KOFMI characters

• 2 weeks later...

If there is a season 3, the next (Boss) DLC will likely be Mr. Krizalid himself, as he was among those who were brought back from Verse's loss and disappearance. 

Meanwhile, here is a recent video of a match set involving Kim himself. 

The guy does a shit ton of damage if he so much as even lays a finger on the target. 

God help em' if Kim has meter. He has a braindead easy 2 bar combo that gives about 580+ damage from a standing D. 

Coincidentally, Kim's VA is the same as the one who voice the anime legend KENSHIRO himself. 

The match video is in the spoilers below for those who are curious. 

Spoiler

• 2 months later...

Greetings, 

Here is another KOFXV update. 

The first video is a small series of matches between May and June, including the Kim and Sylvie character updates. 

Spoiler

This is the boss fight with Goenitz. 

Strategy: 

Goenitz' AI is designed to be very frustrating (this is an SNK tradition). 

- He combos very easily from his crouching B (light kick).
 -Goenitz has easy access to quick overheads to compliment his crouching B. 

- He WILL even go for cross-up combos. 

- Will use super moves without even having meter available (particularly a quick command dash-canceled grab super and a hurricane super where you have to time your rolls. 

- He has a lot of invincibility frame sprinkled between a lot his advancing moves and his DP (which does not have invincibility). 

- Goenitz is NOT as safe as he looks if he tries to combo from his overhead (being vulnerable to close C/HEAVY or the players lights). 

- There are also gaps between Goenitz' blockstrings that make him vulnerable or at least avoidable. 

- Goenitz CAN be cheesed in the corner but setting it up is somewhat difficult. 

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...