Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Of the numerous games I bought and or "acquired" on Steam Deck, ironically I got hooked on the one I wasn't expecting. I bought Record of Lodoss War Deedlit on a whim and lts one of the best Castlevania ripoffs I've played in forever. Controls are tight, sprites are excellent and everything just flows together smoothly

I'm lost on the story those as I know nothing about the series its based on except the fact that it exists

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That A.K.I. outfit 3 mod for Li Mei is absurdly good. It also highlights something that bothered me about MK1. WTF is going on with the hips or rather the lack there of? A.K.I. herself is a very slender woman, so it's not like this is Li Mei to Chun Li comparison. 

You know what it is 😏
Western devs.

Edited by Hecatom
Just now, Hecatom said:

Which is funny, cuz on MK11, they seemed to have fixed that.

Just the faces. That's it really. You get one thing and lose another with Neatherealms Studios. 

God this looks weird to me...does this look weird to anyone else!? lol  On the other hand my son saw me watching the previous CoD trailer featuring Gundam stuff and he got instantly interested and started asking me about it and where it was from.  I had to regrettably tell him he can't really watch most of the shows I'd introduce him to until he was older cause of the subject matter but I remember randomly having a import copy of Gundam vs that a friend gave me and I let him play that.  Tried to see if any of the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games were still available on the PS3 PSN store but looks like they all got removed which...is disappointing but I get it  (This includes Reborn which was the last game in the franchise which they seemingly deleted all traces of the game from the store as if it was never there...obligatory: ALL DIGITAL FUTURE BAAAAABBYYYYYYYYY).  I might have to see if I can locate a hopefully not ridiculously priced Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 game for him and see how he takes to that.  *looks up prices for the game*

Shocked Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Not as bad as it could be but.....yeesh....

^ This guy lol

I'll probably never play the game but I don't understand how someone can be so negative on an indie dev celebrating their success.  Fucking weirdo behavior.  I don't even know these guys but the story he put up about where they were before this point was pretty inspiring.

Here's hoping the VG industry doesn't crush that passion and drive.

21 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's not April 1st is it. Cautiously optimistic. 😐

Edit: It's Japanese production, so that gives me more hope that this won't some Rings of Power shitshow.

I'm extremely curious on if they're going to try to make this as bat shit whiplash crazy as the actual series or are they going to play it straight with a small sprinkling of the crazy stuff/just reference it. 

Splatoon 3. I'm getting a few matches in before work. We are SLAUGHTERING the other team. Got these kids trapped in their base. But I guess the game took pity on the other team because at the exact same time when there was about 40 seconds left in the match, TWO, TWO of my teammates got disconnected. 

Me: 

Oh My God Reaction GIF

The game straight handed these TRASH players the MF WIN. They didn't win because of skill. They won because they were handed the best luck EVER. 

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Posted (edited)

I had forgotten about Hypercharge---I remember being on the fence about it before, because the concept is pretty damn cool imo (shooter; and we're all action figures at war in the house?  Right away that sounds awesome to me)....BUT I would rather not play it on Switch, and it was only on that and I *think* PC previously.  

Edited by MillionX
On 6/2/2024 at 8:18 PM, Sonichuman said:

Duct tape you say?

Yeah, this character is nuts. Iron Giant had like 5 infinites/zero-to-deaths and they were all piss easy. He was an absolute menace and made 1v1s a nightmare. The team just had to say fuck it and remove him from the game momentarily.

I mean good on them for trying to save online, but how did the character come out that way in the first place?

I just finished the episode of What Happened for Mad Max and that stuff regarding WB game's interference is pretty frustrating.  Really arrogant on their part that the devs were also telling them not to release on the same day/period as MGSV when literally most people who have been in the industry since at the vere least since the PS1 days would have made that call to chill out and delay the game to pick another day.